布莱斯从来都不是我的朋友 从来不是
Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever.
砍树时 他不站在我这边
He hadn’t taken my side about the tree;
他扔了我的鸡蛋
he’d thrown away my eggs;
还取笑我叔叔的花费
and he made fun of me at my uncle’s expense.
当妈妈叫我该走了的时候
When my mother called that it was time to go…
朱莉 我们走吧 迟到了
Juli, let’s go, we’re late!
我非常想冲出去告诉她
I went out with every intention of telling her
我不去洛斯奇家吃饭
that I wasn’t going to the Loskis for dinner.
亲爱的 帮我拿着这些
Honey, please hold these.
我得赶紧再看看我的头发
I need to check my hair really quickly one more time.
-亲爱的 你的头发很漂亮 -真的吗
– Honey, your hair is perfect. – Really?
但是她看起来那么开心
But she looked so happy
她还花了那么多功夫做馅饼
and she’d gone to so much trouble over the pies
我不能扫她的兴
that I couldn’t.
天啊 老天 差一点
My gosh. God, what a disaster.
好啦 给 端着 你端着这盘
Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this.
-我不想端 -我不会让你端的
– I don’t wanna hold it. – I won’t have you hold it.
我们走吧 小伙子们
Let’s go, boys.
但那并不意味着我得对布莱斯客气
But that didn’t mean I had to be nice to Bryce.
我不想跟你说话
And I don’t wanna speak to you.
现在不想 永远不想
Not now, not ever.
掌握主动权的感觉不错
It felt good to take charge.
我感到强大自信
I felt strong, in control.
我告诉了布莱斯我的想法
I told Bryce what I thought
还决定那天晚上不再和他讲话
and I was determined not to talk to him for the rest of the evening.
晚饭时让我惊讶的是
At dinner it struck me that
我们在和一群陌生人共同进餐
we were sharing a meal with a group of strangers.
我们住在洛斯奇家对面已经好多年了
We’d lived across the street from the Loskis for years
但是除了切特 我根本就不认识这些人
but except for Chet, I didn’t know these people at all.
洛斯奇先生外表温文尔雅
Mr. Loski was clean and smooth on the outside…
但貌似也只不过是
but it seemed like
金玉其外败絮其中
there was something rotten buried just beneath the surface.
到晚饭结束时 我只感到平静超脱
By the end of the evening, all I felt was detached, neutral.
没有激烈言辞 也没觉得余怒未消
No fireworks, no leftover anger,
更没有心烦意乱 什么也没有
no flutters, nothing.
再见
See you.
那晚我入睡前觉得很平静
I went to bed that night feeling peaceful.
-你还好吧 -还好
– You okay? – Yeah.
有这样的家人我很知足
I was grateful that I had the family I had.
不再关注布莱斯·洛斯奇 也让我感觉挺好
And it felt good to no longer care about Bryce Loski.
和贝克一家的晚餐 让我付出了代价
The dinner with the Bakers had taken its toll on me.
一年一度的校园筹款活动开始了
Then the annual school fundraiser arrived
梅菲德中学年度筹款义拍会 1963年”午餐男孩”名单
我发现自己被一系列新的问题纠缠住了
and I found myself with a whole new set of problems.
我成了”午餐男孩”
I was a Basketboy.
9号♥ 布莱斯·洛斯奇
要想充分理解作为”午餐男孩”的耻辱
To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketboy,
你就得知道 被选中的可怜蛋
you need to know that the chosen few
要在学校同学面前被拍卖♥♥
are auctioned off in front of the student body
卖♥♥给出价最高的女同学
to the highest-bidding females.
对 形式上我们是拎着装午餐的篮子登台
Yes, technically, each of us comes with a lunch in a basket.
不过还是不要自欺欺人了
But let’s not kid ourselves.
其实就是出♥卖♥♥♥男色
This was a beefcake parade.
他在这里 我的偶像
There he is, my idol.
再胡说你就死定了
One word, you’re a dead man.
不 老兄 说真的 你不会相信的
No, man, I’m serious. Listen, you won’t believe this.
什么
What?
两个辣妹为你大打出手
Two of the hottest chicks are fighting over you.
-你在说什么啊 -雪莉和米胖分手了
– What are you talking about? – Sherry is breaking up with Mitch.
她和美兰妮为你大打竞价之战
She and Melanie are having a bidding war over you.
没兴趣
I don’t care.
你是傻瓜吗 雪莉为了你把米胖甩了
Are you nuts? Sherry dumped Mitch because of you.
你是我的偶像
You’re my idol.
即便成了伽利特的偶像
As comforting as it was to be Garrett’s idol,
成为9号♥”午餐男孩”的恐惧心情也丝毫未减
it didn’t diminish the horror of being Basketboy number nine.
我唯一的希望是
And my only hope was that
一场巨大的龙♥卷♥风♥在活动举办前光临学校
a giant tornado would destroy the school before the big event.
但这很渺茫
It was a long shot.
欢迎大家
Welcome everyone
光临今年的梅菲德中学筹款义拍会
to this year’s Mayfield Boosters Club Auction.
让我们再次有请
Once again we are pleased to present
-梅菲德中学的二十位杰出青年… -布莱斯 布莱斯
– 20 of Mayfield’s finest young men… – Bryce, Bryce, Bryce.
-你到这来做什么 -朱莉在第三排
– What are you doing here? – Juli’s in the third row.
-那又怎样 -她手持巨款
– So? – So she’s got a wad of cash.
-放屁 -是真屁
– Bullshit. – Bull-true.
我看到她在柜子旁数钱来的
I saw her counting it by her locker.
现在
And now
请在场的梅菲德中学师生热烈欢迎
please give a big Mayfield School welcome…
1963年度的”午餐男孩”们
to your 1963 Basketboys.
朱莉带着钱 这是什么意思
Juli with cash? What did this mean?
会不会是她想拍下我
Was it possible she was gonna bid on me?
首先 我们有请
First up, we have
雷蒙·休斯
Raymond Hughes.
雷蒙是象棋小组成员
Raymond’s on the chess team
他爱好集邮和玩溜溜球
and his hobbies include stamp collecting and the yo-yo.
记住 竞价成功后
Remember, when you bid
你得到的不只是英俊的休斯先生
you’ll not only be getting the handsome Mr. Hughes.
还可以享用到
You’ll also be enjoying
美味的鸡肉沙拉三明治
a lovely chicken-salad sandwich
配有美味蘸料 看上去是豆酱 还有…
and what looks to be a tasty bean dip, and…
抱歉 是洋葱酱
Excuse me, onion dip.
还有一大块樱桃馅饼
And a big slice of cherry pie.
好 起价五美元 有谁愿意出
Okay, who will start the bidding at $5?
-竞拍就这样开始了 -有人吗
– Thus began the bidding. – Anybody?
或者说 是从雷蒙·休斯的险些流拍开始了
Or in Raymond Hughes’ case, the lack of bidding.
很好 成交
Very good, here we go.
-五美元 -成交
– Five. – Sold.
-十美元 -成交
– Ten dollars. – Sold.
-十五块 -成交
– Fifteen. – Sold.
快 是不是有出十块的
Come on. Do I hear 10?
-十块 -十块
– Ten. – Ten.
-十块 -是花生酱香蕉三明治哟
– Ten. – Peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich.
十五块
Fifteen.
十五美元成交
Sold for $15.
8号♥是艾迪·楚勒
Number eight is Eddie Trulock.
艾迪是辩论队的成员
Eddie is a member of the debate team.
艾迪·楚勒之后就要轮到我登台了
Now only Eddie Trulock stood between me and the auction block.
我可没有兴趣听他的爱好和篮子里有什么
I wasn’t interested in his hobbies or what was in his basket.
我们从五美元开始
Let’s start the bidding at $5.
我的脑子里只有朱莉
All I could think of was Juli.
-有人出价吗 -万一她真对我出价了怎么办
– Anybody? – What if she did bid on me?
万一她跟雪莉和美兰妮展开竞价大战
What if she got in a bidding war
最后输掉了怎么办
with Sherry and Melanie and lost out?
没人出价吗
No bidders?
我正在沉思这个恐怖情景 突然听到…
I was contemplating the horrors of this scenario when…
八美元
Eight dollars.
有人出价了 八美元
There you go. Eight dollars,
这个价还差不多 有没有出十美元的
that’s more like it. Do I hear 10?
朱莉·贝克为艾迪·楚勒出价?
Juli Baker was bidding on Eddie Trulock?
-好 八美元一次 -她怎么会为艾迪出价
– Okay, 8 going once. – How could she bid on Eddie?
-八美元两次 -她怎么会出价竞拍别人呢
– Eight going twice. – How could she bid on anyone?
卖♥♥给朱莉·贝克啦
Sold to Juli Baker.
下一个是9号♥”午餐男孩” 布莱斯·洛斯奇
Next is Basketboy number nine, Bryce Loski.
我知道该走上前去 可是我动不了
I knew I was supposed to step forward, but I couldn’t move.
前面来 布莱斯 不要害羞
Step up, Bryce, don’t be shy.
姗姗来迟总比没来好
Better late than never.
布莱斯喜欢打棒球
Bryce likes to play baseball.
-五美元 -先等我…
– Five dollars. – Wait until l…
-十美元
– Ten.
好吧 貌似竞价已经开始了
Well, it appears the bidding is underway.
-十五美元 -二十
– Fifteen. – Twenty.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!