You know, Jack, we stopped
你可是知道的 杰克
branding our females a few years back.
我们在几年前就已经废除这种习俗了
Isn’t that right, Rob?
不是吗 罗布?
Kinda miss it, though.
有点想念它了
Well, take it from an expert…
嗯 专家建议
don’t let that little flicka
不要让小弗莉卡
get away.
跑掉
The what?
什么?
It means, uh, “pretty girl” or something.
我是指漂亮女孩什么的
That’s what Gus calls Katy.
格斯就是这么叫凯蒂的
Oh, he does, does he?
哦 就是的 不是吗?
A flicka is just a young girl… innocent.
弗莉卡就是指纯真的年轻女孩
You can see in her face the beauty she will become.
你们可以看到 她将来准是个美人
I, uh, I think it’s Swedish.
我认为弗莉卡是瑞典语
My mama used to call my little sister flicka.
我妈妈以前常叫我妹妹弗莉卡
I just saw a lion on the mountain.
我刚才在山上看见了头狮子
Dad, it was right there in front of me.
爸爸 就在我面前
And this horse, this mustang, it just ran off the lion…
有匹马 一匹野马赶走了狮子
S-Slow down, Katy. Was it a lion, or was it a horse?
慢慢说 凯蒂 是狮子还是马?
It was both. We need to do something. Where’d you see this lion?
都是 我们得做点什么 你在哪看到的狮子?
I don’t know where I saw it exactly, but it was there.
我不清楚确切的位置 但是它就在那儿
Oh, did you see Sasquatch, too?
哦 那你也看到了野人了?
Somebody ask your opinion?
有人问你问题了吗?
Katy, wait.
凯蒂 等等
Wh-What is this on your face? You have blood all over you…
你脸上是些什么呀?你浑身是血
It was a lion. Honest.
是狮子 我说的是实话
Well, as long as we’re being honest,
好了 我们都很诚实
do you have something you need to tell me?
你有什么要告诉我的吗?
About school?
关于学校的事情
Did you tell him? I didn’t say anything.
你告诉他的? 我什么也没说
The headmaster faxed this to us this morning.
校长今天早上给我们发来传真
Do you want to read it?
你要读读吗?
Help me understand something, Katy.
告诉我怎么回事 凯蒂?
He said he gave you the topic to your final essay in advance,
他说事先已经给你测验的主题
and you turned in a blank paper.
你却交了白卷
Not one word in two hours for the exam.
2个小时的测验 你一个字都没有写
I wrote it in my head.
我写在脑子里了
I just didn’t… put it down.
我只是…只是不知道怎么写出来
In your head. Hmm.
在你的脑子里
Wouldrt have made a difference, anyway.
总之 这没有什么区别
They just want us to spit back
他们只是想让我们
exactly what they want to hear.
准确地重复他们想听到的
I have an opinion; it’s just not their opinion.
我有自己的观点 但那不是他们想要的
Well, their opinion is that you should repeat
嗯 你就应该重复他们的观点
the year, just throw it away. Do you realize what
一年 就这么浪费了
this family does without so that you can go to a private school?
你知道如果你不去私立学校的话 这个家能做些什么吗?
Truck’s passing 200,000 miles?
够一辆卡车跑20万英里
Well, let’s see if it’ll do
再看看还能做什么
another 50. The barn roof’s
够我们无数次的修理
about to blow away, we’ll patch it again for the umpteenth time
被风卷走的谷仓顶
And all so you can go
或者能让你去一所
to a fancy boarding school.
好的寄宿学校
But I go along because your mother
我让你去上学了
wants you to go to college.
是因为你妈妈想让你上大学
Hey, your father wants it, too.
嘿 你♥爸♥爸也想
Well, now we’ll have to worry if she’ll even graduate.
现在我们得担心她是否能毕业
Thirteen…
13…
Howard, can’t you see the rot?
霍华德 你没看到这有些烂了吗?
Fourteen…
14…
Fifteen…
15…
Come on.
快点
Sixteen.
16…
Dad…
爸爸
I think we should bring that mustang in.
我想我们应该去把野马给带回来
Seventeen. Not now, Katy.
17 现在不行 凯蒂
But that lion can take down a horse, and…
但是狮子会吃了马
Katy?
凯蒂
I could probably find her again.
我也许能再找到她
No.
不行
I’ll help her.
我帮她
This doesn’t concern you, does it?
不关你的事 知道吗?
No, sir.
是的
If you live on a ranch, you have to contribute.
如果你生活在农场 就得做些事情
That’s how we get by.
我们都是这么做的
Here’s your summer:
暑假里
You’re gonna do your chores,
你得做些家务活
you’re gonna help your mother,
你得帮帮你妈妈
and you’re gonna write that essay.
你还得写那篇文章
Then maybe I can talk ’em into passing you.
然后 我会跟他们说说 让你通过
Yes, sir.
好的
And then maybe we’ll talk about horses.
然后 也许可以再谈马的事情
You ready?
准备好了吗?
Eighteen…
18…
A trim.
修修就行
Split ends… that’s it.
发根开叉了
Sweetheart, just a few inches for the summer.
宝贝 就剪几英寸 夏天很快就长好了
No. You stop it.
不要 别多嘴
I get better-reasoned arguments from the hens.
我过的桥比你走的路还多
Short hair makes me look like a boy.
短发让我看起来象个男孩子
No, that would be impossible.
不 那不可能
You’re so beautiful.
你这么漂亮
What’s that thing that, uh, Gus said?
格斯是怎么说来着?
You’re a-a… a flicka.
你是弗莉卡
A flicka?
弗莉卡?
Yeah, a pretty girl.
是的 漂亮女孩
So, how’s your friend Stephanie?
你的朋友斯蒂芬妮怎么样?
Shallow… vain…
无知 虚荣
The usual.
很普通
Since when?
什么时候认识到的?
Since Eric.
从她认识埃里克
Or was itJustin? Lost track.
或者是贾斯丁开始就失去了自我
Well, you never know what’ll happen.
你永远不知道会发生什么事情
People can surprise you.
人们能让你吃惊
I guess so.
我想是的
Surprise!
惊奇
I’m gonna get you!
我要抓住你
Whoo-hoo-hoo!
喔 喔 喔
Okay, okay.
好了 好了
Looks good…
很不错
Harry, is that you?
哈利 是你吗?
You look good, big boy.
你看上去不错啊 大男孩
Look at you…
瞧瞧你
I’m so happy to see you. I am.
真高兴能见到你
What is she thinking?
她在想什么?
There she is.
她在那
Whoa, down, boy.
安静 男孩
Come on!
快
Let’s get her.
跟上她
Hyah!
驾
Hyah! Hyah!
驾 驾
Keep ’em moving, boys.
孩子们 让它们前进
Howard!
霍华德
Yeah, I got ’em this side.
我在这边赶
Come on, keep going.
快 继续走
Something’s bothering them.
有东西让它们烦躁
You know what it is? It’s that A.D.D.
你知道是什么吗?是小儿多动症
What’s going on? Take it easy. Come on, keep going.
发生了什么事情?别紧张 快 继续前进
Hyah! Hyah! I don’t hear anything.
我什么也听不见
Yes!
是的
Mustang!
一匹野马