So, you know,
所以 就这样…
by the time she was admitted to the hospital,
当她被许可入院的时候
well, it…it was…
已经…已经是…
she was too far gone then.
晚期了
It’s Sinclair. Yeah.
是辛克莱 没错
At that time Clifton Sinclair was the biggest seller
那个时候克利夫顿·辛克莱
of private hospital policies to the British underprivileged.
是英国穷♥人♥医疗保险最大的卖♥♥家
And he used that money to establish himself…
他用这笔钱使自己成为…
As London Diamond’s largest insurance underwriter.
伦敦钻石行最大的保险商
Individual participants in Kings Row syndicates
金士罗集团的个人股东
are liable to the full extent of their private wealth.
全面掌管他们的财富
What is the meaning of this?
到底是怎么回事?
What the hell are you doing here?
你们到底干什么?
We’ve been discussing the situation. What situation?
我们在谈论状况 什么状况?
The impossible situation that you’ve got us into.
你让我们陷入的绝望状况
What are you talking about? In case you didn’t know, we own…
你在说什么 ? 我们持有…
75% of “The London Evening News.” I believe you spoke with them earlier.
伦敦晚报的75%股份 我想你已经找他们曝过料了
Yes. Going to the press means you don’t
是的 去找媒体意味着
have to come up with a quick settlement.
这样你们就不必想如何快速解决事情
The scandalous news, your time is bought, that was the plan, wasn’t it?
丑闻为你们争取时间 这就是你们的计划 对吗?
Mr. Ashtoncroft has, however, agreed to dismiss all charges
阿西顿先生 同意放弃起诉
pending an immediate settlement of the claim
条件是尽快得到赔付
which I have just authorized. You have what?
我已经同意 你同意什么?
Kings Row signifies one thing:
金士罗只认同一件事情
Reliability. Now just…
诚信 我们的生意…
Our business was built on it. Our reputation demands it.
建立在诚信之上 我们的名誉需要信用
You will never ever get the money back!
你永远都别想再拿回钱!
It’s for a ransom, for Christ’s sake!
那是交赎金的 看在上帝的份上!
Are you telling me you waited 15 years for the absolute right moment?
你是要告诉我 你为了这一刻 等了整整15年?
All this to punish one man?
所有一切都是为了惩罚一个人?
Patience, they say, is a virtue.
他们说是耐心一种美德
He took from me…
他们带走了…
the one thing in this world that I truly loved.
这个世界上我最心爱的东西
Mr. Hobbs, this was for her.
赫伯先生 你这么做都是为了她
No.

I did it for me.
是为了我们两个
How did you solve it?
你是怎么想出来的?
My clumsiness and your background.
我的笨拙 加上你的背景
Come on, come on.
快点 快点
Here it is, sir.
收到了 先生
Thank you.
谢谢
This is a telex from the bank confirming that the deposit
这是银行发来的电报证实存款
has been made corresponding to the exact amount
根据你客户要求的金额
as requested by your client.
全部存进了指定的帐号♥
Everything looks to be in order.
一切看起来都正常
Location of the inventory list.
地点就在这信函里
What does it say?
写的什么?
Would you call security, please?
请叫保安 好吗?
I don’t understand. Blank!
我不明白 空白的
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
他妈的什么意思?
I believe it means the diamonds are not being returned.
我相信这意味着 钻石不会被归还了
Night then.
今天真不错
The South African Star… so it wasn’t a message?
南非之星…不是勒索信息?
Small complication.
是个小手段而已
Would you mind?
介意吗?
I’ll, uh, leave you to it.
交给你了
My client will then convey where you may take possession of the goods.
我的客户将货物送交你的控制区域
Excuse me, but there’s a call for Mr. Boyle
打扰一下 找伯耶尔先生的电♥话♥
from his office.
他办公室打来的
Yes?
喂?
Has there been a delivery?
有包裹送来吗?
May I give you some advice, Miss Quinn?
我可以给你点建议吗 奎因小姐?
Well, you are the one holding the gun.
好吧 既然你拿着枪
Life is for living.
要学会享受生活
It’s there for the taking.
也可以说是索取
Grant yourself no regrets.
让自己没有遗憾
Go on, put it down. You don’t have it in you.
继续 把它放下 你不需要它
It was never loaded.
没有子弹
It doesn’t matter now.
现在不重要了
All done.
都完成了
All right, as we go. Watch your step.
好了 当心
How many more? Steady.
还有多少? 稳一点
Depends on exactly how much is in each box.
得看每个里面有多少了
Steady with that.
小心
Mr. Hopkins.
霍普金斯先生
Miss Quinn.
奎因小姐
Mr. Finch.
冯志先生
Congratulations.
祝贺你
The idea came when you dropped an earring in a sink, is that right?
你是在耳环掉到水槽里时想到的吗?
I’m sorry I lost you your finder’s fee.
抱歉 让你没了赏金
We didn’t find prints on Sir Milton’s safe.
我们没有在米尔顿先生的保险箱上找到指纹
We found them on the opera glasses in his office.
我们在他的办公室的一副眼镜上找到了
They were inconclusive.
不能构成证据
Mr. Finch…
冯志先生…
Whatever it is you have to say, Miss Quinn,
不管你要说什么 奎因小姐
now is not the right time to say it.
现在都不是时候
Maybe there will never be a right time.
也许永远都不是时候
As strange as it may sound…
听起来也许奇怪…
I can’t bear the thought of you spending the rest of your life behind bars.
我甚至无法想象 你在监狱里度过余生
Naturally you’ll have to agree to assist the investigation.
当然 你得答应配合调查
With your all-round experience, you are…
凭你的经验…
perfectly situated to do so.
你完全适合做这一行
Goodbye, Miss Quinn.
再见 奎因小姐
It has been widely reported
历史上最大的盗窃案
that a large-scale theft has taken place on these premises.
发生的新闻 已经被广泛报道了
As you can see, that is not the case.
各位请看 这都是谣言
Ollie took over the company
奥利接手了公♥司♥
and became everything his father had ever hoped.
一切都如他父亲期望的那样
I was more fortunate.
我很幸运
We look forward to a long and prosperous…
我期望长久有利的…
and…
还有…
confidential relationship.
保密的合作关系
After an extensive investigation,
在经过广泛的调查后
it was determined that Mr. Hobbs had somehow acted alone.
他们认定赫伯是独自行事的
They never found him.
他们从未找到过他
A month later I was passed over again
一个月后 又失去一次本该轮到我的晋升
and tendered my resignation the following day.
隔日我便递交了辞呈
Well, forgive me for being sensational,
原谅我这么好奇
but I really need to know: What happened with the money?
但是我真的想知道 钱到哪里去了?
Mr. Hobbs?
还有赫伯先生?
Well, Mr. Hobbs… well, we never spoke again,
赫伯先生…我们后来没有说过话
but I did receive a letter from a bank in Switzerland…
但是我收到了来自瑞士银行的信…
informing me a deposit had been made…
通知我有一大笔钱…
to a numbered account on my behalf.
以我的名义存进了账户
The sum of 100 million.
一亿英镑
Everything.
所有的钱
And that’s where my real story begins.
我真正的故事从这里开始
Your article…it’s called “Women Who Led.”
你的文章题目是…”先驱女性”
That’s right, isn’t it?
对吗?
I hope you’re inspired.
我希望你受到了启发
I hope you can inspire others.
我希望你能启发别人
You can contact me. My details are on the back.
你可以找我 联♥系♥方式在背面
“I never intended this to happen,
我从没想过这一切会发生
but the burden of Hobbs’ money sent me in a different direction.
但是赫伯的钱带来的压力 把我指向了另一个方向
I discovered the world
我发现了这个世界
and through it, I discovered myself.
并通过它 发现了自己
You’d be surprised how long it takes to give away 100 million.
你甚至会惊奇 要多久才能花完1亿英镑
It’s taken me 40 years.
那花费了我40年
And just today…
直到今天…
today I gave away the last penny.
我才花掉了最后一分钱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!