Nothing? I will crush you, Sinclair.
什么也没有 我会毁了你的
I wilI take everything you have
我会夺走你的一切
and then I will piss on your fucking grave.
然后还要在你 该死的坟墓上尿尿
How’d you do it, Mr. Hobbs?
你是怎么做到的 赫伯先生
How’d you get them out?
你怎么把钻石弄出来的?
Do you know what the hardest substance in the world is?
你知道世界上最硬的是什么?
And who’s really behind this? The diamond.
到底谁是幕后主使? 钻石
You rub it with a cloth, it lets off a charge.
你用布擦拭它 它就绽放光华
You put it in water, it comes up dry.
把它放进水里 它就晶莹剔透
Its only enemy is another diamond.
它唯一的天敌 就是另一颗钻石
You do know you’ve rendered the stones worthless?
你应该知道你拿这些钻石没用
All of them. They can’t be sold.
所有的钻石 你没法销赃
London Diamond’s the only buyer on earth.
伦敦钻石行是唯一的买♥♥主
Precisely. And to that end, we have demanded a ransom.
完全正确 所以我们索要赎金
We? No, there is no “we.”
我们? 不 没有”我们”
They won’t pay. They couldn’t if they wanted.
他们不会付钱的 即使他们想也没有办法
There’s no money.
他们根本没有钱
And that investigator Finch, he saw us talking.
冯志 那个调查员 他看见我们谈话了
He will find out, I have absolutely no doubt.
他一定会查出来的 我一点也不怀疑
Have you ever thought about your plans, like?
你有什么计划么?
No, I mean, when you get your share,
我是说 你得到你的那份后
what are you gonna do with your life?
你打算怎么办?
I mean, are you gonna be a giver or a taker?
我意思是 你会成为一个赠予者 还是夺取者?
Oh, you stupid old man!
你是怎么了 傻了吗
Wake up! Don’t you understand
醒醒吧 你不明白吗?
that the only life for us is one behind bars?
我们唯一的结果就是进监狱
Okay, look.
好吧 听着
I can negotiate our way out of this.
我们可以想个万全之策
I’ll go to Ashtoncroft, offer him the diamonds
我会去找阿西顿 交出钻石
in exchange for our freedom and our silence.
来交换我们的自♥由♥和平静
He’ll…he’ll accept the deal.
他会…他一定会接受的
His terror of publicity will see to it.
他害怕公众关注 一定会接受的
All you have to do is tell me where the diamonds are.
你要做的就是告诉我钻石在哪
I’m…I’m sorry, Miss Quinn.
我…我很抱歉 奎因女士
I…I’d like to help, but I do not intend to negotiate.
我…很想帮忙 但我不想谈判
Well, then I have no option but to turn myself in.
好吧 那我别无选择 只能去自首了
Oh, really? ls that what you’re gonna do, eh?
是吗? 你真打算这么做?
After all these years clawing your way up,
这么多年一直想要出人头地
laughing at men’s jokes,
附和粗鲁的笑话
subservient, neglecting your opportunities,
低声下气 不被提拔
giving up on love,
放弃爱情
no time for the simple, the decent,
没有时间过自己想要的生活
doing all the dirty work…
做这些肮脏的工作…
you’re really going to throw all that away just to spite me?
你现在说放弃 难道就只是为了刁难我?
I require the money in full.
我要全额兑现
And yes, they can pay it.
是的 他们会付钱的
It is precisely what they are insured for.
除此之外 他们别无选择
As you wish. Then I shall find the diamonds myself.
随便你 我自己会去找钻石
Oh, is that a fact? Oh, it certainly is.
没有商量的余地了吗? 是的
I shall find the diamonds, make no mistake about it.
我会找到钻石 这点毫无疑问
Is this a bad time? No no, not at all.
我来的不是时候吗? 不 不 当然没有
It’s just a formality, you understand?
这些都是走走程序 你该明白
And we have requested the same from all employees
对所有参加过米尔顿爵士舞会的员工 我
who were present at Sir Milton’s party.
都会进行询问
A set of fingerprints?
可以提供你的指纹吗?
Of course.
当然
May I?
我可以吗?
There’s really nothing to worry about.
不要想太多
It’s simply to rule you out conclusively from our investigations.
这只是为了排除你的嫌疑
Sorry, it’s quite warm in here.
抱歉 这里有些热
Isn’t it?
是吗?
Now if you’ll allow me.
如果你允许的话
Are you really considering Ollie to be your prime suspect?
你认为奥利弗是首要嫌疑人?
What? Mmm.
什么? 恩
Wouldn’t you say he had the greatest facility to obtain the codes?
他也是最容易能拿到密♥码♥的人
But does he have the courage?
但他有这个胆量吗?
The requisite spine of ambition?
必须在骨子就里透着野心
It’s hard to imagine anyone
因为真的很难想象什么人
capable of so audacious a crime.
能够做出如此大胆的事情
Audacious or just ambitious?
大胆还是野心?
Ambition is something you understand, Miss Quinn.
你很懂野心这个词 奎因女士
No longer married, Mr. Finch?
离婚了吗 冯志先生?
No, I’m not.
是的
She tire of all your investigating?
她对你每天的调查感到厌倦吗?
Yes, she did.
是的
I’m sorry.
抱歉
Here.
这个
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, and just one last thing, Miss Quinn…
还有一件事情 奎因女士…
I need your assistance downstairs.
我需要你下楼帮我一下
Could you? It’s just a matter of a few minutes.
可以吗? 只需要几分钟
Certainly.
当然
Now I want you to tell me in your opinion, Miss Quinn,
我想问问你的意见 奎因女士
if this man is lying.
这个男人有没有说谎
Mr. Hobbs, I believe you know Miss Quinn.
赫伯先生 我想你应该认识奎因女士吧
Uh, third floor, second office from the lift, yes.
三楼 从电梯数第2间办公室 是的
She’s been kind enough to act as my second set of ears.
她非常乐意做我的副手协助调查
Uh, are we still discussing Tuesday night, sir?
我们还继续讨论星期二晚上的事吗 先生?
I would like to revisit the period in the sub-basement
我想重新问一下地下室的那段时间
from 3:00-6:00 AM…three hours,
凌晨3点-6点之间 3个小时
the bulk of which is unaccounted for.
这段时间是还未说明的
The nature of my job, sir, is somewhat solitary.
我工作的性质是很枯燥的 先生
Now you stated earlier these hours were spent waxing and polishing floors.
你刚提到的这3个小时 我通常都在洗地板和打蜡
Yeah, mostly. Yeah.
是的 大部分时间
That’s a great deal of time devoted to polishing floors.
看来给地板抛光需要很长时间啊
Well, marble is very particular, sir.
大理石的地板非常特别 先生
It requires a certain type of polish and a lot of time to set.
它需要用特定的抛光方式 要晾很久
At what time did you tend to the vault corridor?
你大概什么时间去到保险库走廊?
At the very end.
最后去
Between 5:00 and 6:00 AM? Yes.
凌晨5点到6点之间? 是的
Why then? Why wait until the end?
为什么在那个时间? 为什么要等到最后?
Oh, it’s…it’s a cherished task.
这…这是我最珍爱一个环节
It’s akin to tending the palace throne, I imagine.
我把它想象成是 通向宫殿的王座
I always save the best till last.
我总是把最精彩的部分 留到最后
Any hobbies, Mr. Hobbs,
有什么个人爱好吗 赫伯先生
leisure-time activities?
平时喜欢做些什么?
Yes, I…I read a good book now and then.
是的 我…我喜欢读书
Anything in particular?
有特别喜欢的吗?
Graham Greene, uh, HG Wells,
格雷厄姆·格林(英国著名小说家) 威尔斯(著名科幻小说家)
sometimes Emily Dickinson.
有时候也读艾米莉·狄金森的(美国抒情女诗人)
Nothing more radical?
有没有激进类的?
No Soviet literature in your collection, Mr. Hobbs?
有没有收集苏联文学作品 赫伯先生?
Oh, I tried “War and Peace,” but I couldn’t finish it.
我试着读过”战争与和平” 但后来放弃了
You frequent greyhound races.
你经常去看猎犬比赛
You like to watch dogs run around in circles?
你喜欢看狗绕着圈跑?
And I also wash my smalls on Thursdays,
我每个礼拜四都会给我的小狗洗澡
if you’re interested.
如果你感兴趣的话
Now I see your wife died some years back of cancer.
你妻子几年前死于癌症
Her name was… Margaret.
她名叫… 玛格丽特
That’s right. It must have been excruciating for you…
是的 你一定非常难过…
sitting by, watching her wither away, taken in the very prime of life.
坐在一旁 看着她枯萎幻灭 正值当年
Mr. Finch, you sound like a man who’s lost something.
冯志先生 你说得像是失去了某种东西的男人
Perhaps if you were to tell me what it was, I could help you locate it.
也许你告诉我到底失去了什么 或许我能帮得上忙
Mr. Finch? Yes?
冯志先生? 什么事?
We have something that may be of interest.
我们有些东西你也许会感兴趣
Excuse me.
失陪一下
That’ll be all for now, Mr. Hobbs.
今天暂时先这样 赫伯先生
I will see you later, Miss Quinn.
晚些再来找你 奎因女士
In Ashtoncroft’s study I used a handkerchief,
在阿西顿书房♥的时候 我用过手帕
but in the heat of the moment I may have left a fingerprint.
但慌乱之中 我可能留下了指纹

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!