530 carats, the fourth largest cut diamond in the world.
530克拉 世界第四大切割钻石
If they were motivated by money,
如果为了钱
it’s unlikely it would still be in our possession.
它不可能被归还
Are you saying it’s symbolic?
你是说带有象征意义?
It’s also known as the South African Star.
那颗钻石也叫南非之星
Thank you, Miss Quinn. That’ll be all for now.
谢谢 奎因女士 今天到此为止
that Mr. Hobbs,
那个赫伯先生
you’re on good terms with him?
你跟他关系不错?
I suppose so. He’s one of the night janitors.
还不错 他是夜班管♥理♥员♥之一
Always seems quite jovial.
总是很和蔼的样子
You were speaking to him today in the corridor.
你今天在过道里和他聊过天
Yes, I’ve been having problems with my radiator.
是的 我的暖气片有点问题
I asked him if he could come and look at it.
我让他过来看看
It’s erratic… temperaturewise.
它工作起来有点不稳定…忽冷忽热
And did he manage to solve the problem?
那他帮你解决了么?
I believe he was going to try and find some time this week.
我想他这周 会找个时间来修的
Good. Thank you again, Miss Quinn.
很好 再次谢谢你 奎因女士
Thank you, gentlemen, for the instruction.
谢谢你们的配合
I’ll get back to you in 24 hours.
我会在24小时内回来
Gentlemen, thank you.
谢谢各位
Good morning. Miss Quinn, good morning.
早 早 奎因女士
You seem bright and breezy this morning.
今天早上你气色不错
I’d like to be given authority to liaise
我希望能够得到公♥司♥的授权
with Mr. Finch on the investigation.
允许我协助芬奇先生
Why? With the time pressure we’re under
为什么? 时间所迫
we all need to be communicating as efficiently as we’re able. And…
我们必须加深沟通 而且…
And?
而且什么?
Finch was hired by Sinclair. Well, I don’t see why not.
冯志是辛克莱雇来的 我不觉得有什么问题
There’s a whole explosion of nothing downstairs.
根本没有影响
I see the Kings Row lawyers are back.
我看见金士罗的律师来了
Surely they’re not prepared to pay the ransom on our behalf?
显然他们不打算赔偿
Not if Sinclair has anything to do with it.
除非辛克莱跟这件事有关
He’s already lobbied the
他已经说服了理事会
other members of the syndicate against settling the claim,
其他对理赔有异议的成员
saying the, uh, the deadlines are unreasonable.
还说 最后期限很不合理
But of course he would, wouldn’t he?
但最后他还是会赔偿的 不是吗?
He’s the majority shareholder.
他也是一大股东
His life would
如果他这么做了
return to zero, where he started.
他的日子就到头了 回到一无所有
They’re not bound by contract? Miss Quinn, as I’m sure you’re aware,
没有书面文件约束 他必须赔偿 我想你很清楚
where large personal fortunes are concerned,
凡涉及个人♥大♥笔财富
contracts have a habit of developing loopholes.
在合约方面向来不会太严密
And if that happened, then we’re insolvent.
如果他反悔 我们就破产了
No diamonds. No sight. The world knows.
没有钻石 没有展览会 大家都会知道
All hell breaks loose.
到时候就崩溃了
You’ll speak to Mr. Finch?
你跟冯志先生聊聊
Tell him that I’ll be assisting.
告诉他我们会积极配合
It’s our official company position.
这是我们的职业本分
Well, you seem terribly keen.
你很热心此事
Well, my job is at stake.
我可能会丢工作
All of ours are.
我们都会
All right. I’ll speak to him right now.
好吧 我现在就跟他说
This has just come through, Mr. Finch.
这是刚传过来的 冯志先生
Miss Quinn. Mr. Jameson may have spoken to you.
奎因女士 詹姆森先生应该已经跟你说过了
Uh, I’m to assist you in any way I can with the investigation.
我尽我全力在各方面帮助你调查
Yes, he told me.
是的 他告诉我了
I’m going down to the vault now.
我正要去保险库
Oh, these monitors? The new security system.
这些显示器 这是新的安全系统
Well, actually, not very secure.
事实上它不是非常严密
Every 60 seconds each corridor
每过60秒 每个过道
is left totally unobserved for one full minute.
都有一分钟的时间 不在监控中
Well, one minute, that’s not very much time.
一分钟 那时间不算长
Time enough to pass undetected.
足够在监视下溜过了
The lift is the single point of entry.
这个电梯是唯一的入口
But the diamonds were not removed by way of the lift.
但是钻石不是通过电梯运走的
Each activation is recorded,
每次使用都有记录
prompting an electronic time stamp.
并反映在电子记时器上
As usual, there were three trips that night.
那晚上和往常一样 有三次使用记录
In each instance the lift returned at once to the main level.
当你启动用它时 电梯会在第一时间返回底层
So the lift was never stationary long enough
所以电梯长时间停在地下室的话
in the sub-basement to load the contents of the vault.
就不可能运走保险库里的东西了
That’s right. You may need these.
对 你也许会需要这个的
Excuse me.
请让一下
Steel, three inches thick,
三英寸厚的钢板
floor, ceiling, walls.
楼梯 天花板 墙壁
But to get the diamonds out they must have penetrated it somewhere.
要想把钻石弄出去 必定要凿穿它们
No forced entry. They knew the combination.
没有武力破坏的痕迹 他们知道密♥码♥
So, all things considered, Mr. Finch,
那么纵观全局 冯志先生
what conclusions have you arrived at?
你得到什么结论了么?
Isn’t it obvious what conclusions I’ve arrived at, Miss Quinn?
奎因女士 有什么结论不是很明显了吗?
A woman of your intelligence must surely have guessed.
您这么聪慧的女人 一定已经猜到了
2:00, I believe we’re expected upstairs.
两点了 我们该到楼上去了
A stopgap to restore diamond inventories
再说下 我们应该把钻石款
to an acceptable level.
谈到一个能接受的程度
5 million,
五百万英镑
that is what you’ve come up with, eh?
这就是你能给出来的?
Fencing the stones is impossible.
全额支付钻石不可能
You control all the major trading centers across the planet.
你掌控了所有主要交易中心
When the first diamond turns up, within hours you’ll get the rest.
只要第一颗钻石出现 一小时内就会找回剩下的
Sinclair, we are the sole supplier of diamonds to six continents.
辛克莱 我们是全球唯一的供应商
Any hint we can no longer supply would be catastrophic.
若被知道我没货源 会带来灾难
Money is no substitute for diamonds.
钱不能替代钻石
Miss Quinn is here with Mr. Finch, sir.
先生 奎因女士和冯志先生来了
Paying the ransom won’t guarantee your diamonds back
支付赎金也无法保证你的钻石会回来
and will make it more difficult to apprehend those responsible.
而且更难抓住元凶
That is your problem, not mine.
那是你的问题 不是我的
Ah, Mr. Finch. I believe Mr. Finch has got something
冯志先生 我想冯志先生要说的话
to tell us which may alter all our perspectives.
可能会改变我们的观点
I am now in no doubt that the crime was perpetrated
我可以肯定这案件
by either one or a number of London Diamond employees.
是伦敦钻石行的一个或多个员工所为
I believe also that the perpetrator obtained the codes to the vault
我认为罪犯从米尔顿爵士的住所
from Sir Milton’s residence, most likely last Saturday evening during a party.
窃取了保险库的密♥码♥ 也许就在上周六的晚宴上
A team has been sent over to the house to dust for prints.
调查小组已经前往 取指纹了
Mr. Finch, you said that you deemed the motive for the robbery to be political.
冯志先生 你说失窃事件的动机和政♥治♥有关
Were it crime for profit, a single handful of diamonds would do.
若是为钱 抓一把钻石就够了
Now,
那么
Mr. Finch, in your opinion, who are the most likely political factions?
冯志先生你认为哪个派系最有可能跟这事有关?
The Soviets and the South African rebels would top the list.
苏维埃分子和南非反♥动♥分子最有可能
And are there any members of personnel
在伦敦钻石行的工作人员中
in London Diamond who might be associated with, uh, these political factions?
谁可能和他们有关系呢?
Well, there was one name that came to the surface.
恩 是有一个名字浮出水面了
Oliver Ashtoncroft, age 20, arrested at Oxford
奥利弗 20岁 在出席一个
whilst attending a Marxist Leninist rally.
马♥克♥思♥列♥宁♥聚会时在牛津被捕
This is ridiculous. That was nearly two decades ago.
这太荒谬了 已经是20年前的事了
Just because I don’t advocate everything that goes on at this company
仅仅因为我并不赞成公♥司♥的所有事情
does not make me a communist or a thief.
不能判定我是一个共♥产♥主义分子或是贼
That is enough!
够了
You really have sunk to the dregs this time, eh?
你看来这次你还来真的了
Well, I’m sorry, but unless we can remove even the slightest hint of fraud,
我很抱歉 除非解决全部疑点
Kings Row will not even consider full settlement.
金士罗不会考虑全额赔付
Sinclair, as the syndicate’s largest underwriter
辛克莱 作为理事会最大的资助者
you stand to lose a great deal of your ill-gotten fortune.
你会失去一大笔不义之财
Or do I overstate?
我说的不对么?
Ill-gotten? Well, now that is rich,
不义之财并不会让我富有
coming from a de facto dictator of an entire slave nation.
那是一个奴隶国家 变节者带来的财富
For 30 years we have paid you
30年了 我们一直付你大笔的费用
inordinate sums of money for your security.
为了得到你的保险
We have done so in the hope that one day
我们这么做 就是希望有那么一天
we may receive something in return.
我们能得到回报
Well, that day has come, Sinclair, and what, eh?
那么 似乎就是今天了 我们得到了什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!