I am sorry.
我很抱歉
Word came down quietly you are not to be touched by us,
上面已经暗示我们不能用你了
or in all likelihood
或许更确切的说
by anyone doing business with Lon Di.
是所有和伦敦钻石行做生意的人
Well, that’s every last company on earth.
那就是指世界上所有公♥司♥了
You said you, um, had something else to discuss.
你说你还想谈谈别的事
Well, I…I feel stupid now.
现在想来觉得挺愚蠢
I was going to finally accept your offer of dinner.
我终于接受你的晚餐之邀
Well, that, um, would have to be unadventurous.
可能有点冲动吧
Married now five years,
我已结婚五年
three rather boisterous girls to prove it.
三个女儿跑来跑去的
You should come over one Sunday.
你哪个周末应该来做客
Mmm, good soup.
汤真不错
Early lunch, Miss Quinn?
今天这么早吃午饭 奎因小姐
Very early and very long.
很早 也很长
I’m taking the afternoon off.
我下午要请假
Placed a bet, Miss Quinn? Oh, I never gamble.
买♥♥个号♥吧 奎因小姐 我从不赌博
Not on dogs, cards or strangers.
不管是狗 扑克牌还是陌生人
You were right.
你说对了
Was I?
怎么了?
Why do you want to steal from the company?
你为什么想偷公♥司♥的东西呢?
Who said I did? Hypothetically.
谁说我要偷 只是假设
War and plunder,
战争和掠夺
the two most reliable sources of income.
两条最可靠的收入渠道
I didn’t realize. Are we at war?
我没意识到 这是战争
In six months’ time
六个月后
I shall retire to a hearty pat on the back
我就要光荣退休了
and a not-to-hearty pension,
而退休金却毫无光荣可言
a situation in dire need of attention.
对此我很关注
So money, plain and simple?
那么你的目的明确简单 就是钱
Suppose I wanted to do something for my wife.
就当我是为妻子要这些钱
Your wife who died 15 years ago?
那个你深爱的 15年前就去世的妻子?
The one you’re happily married to?
你那个幸福的婚姻?
Lovely. You did your homework.
不错 你做了些调查
I guess you would.
我想你会的
What else did you uncover? That you’re far from stupid,
你还发现了什么? 你头脑很好
and you were forced to apprentice under your father…
你被迫跟你父亲学艺…
a plumber with a drinking problem.
他是个酒徒水管工
Oh, yes, married at 21 . And years later when your wife became ill,
还有你21岁结婚 几年之后你妻子病了
you took the night job at London Diamond
于是你就开始在伦敦钻石行上夜班
so you could spend your days by her side.
好在白天照顾她
You never did use those qualifications.
你从未发挥你的天资
Clever, Miss Quinn.
很好
Clever.
说得好
How do you know I won’t turn you in?
你怎么知道我不会告发你
Are we still speaking hypothetically?
我想我们仍然在假设?
What makes you think you could pull off such a thing?
是什么让你觉得你会成功呢?
Well, simply because I have a plan.
很简单 因为我有个计划
What I propose involves the least possible risk
这个计划包含着 最低可能的风险
because we don’t have to change our normal routines.
因为它不会打乱 我们的正常工作
Each night at 9:00
每晚九点
they lock the front doors,
他们会锁上大门
which means that for 10 hours
这意味着整整十个小时
no one can go in or out of the building.
没有人能进出这幢大楼
They increase the security on the main floor,
他们会在首层加强备戒
but on the lower floor they just keep these two guards,
但在下层只有两个守卫
here and here by the lift,
这里和这里
which is the sole point of access.
电梯就成了唯一进入点
You intend to go for the vault?
你是想去保险库?
That’s where the diamonds are. You can’t be serious.
那里才有钻石 你开玩笑吧
Generally, each evening I start on the fourth floor
一般来说 我从第四层开始打扫卫生
and work me way down, see?
层层往下
Nice day today.
今天天气不错
Once through the upper floors
清理完上层 我就会去下层地下室
I’m escorted to the sub-basement.
我把垃圾运到地下室
The next few hours are spent on rubbish collection,
接下来的几个小时 我收拾垃圾
mopping, waxing, minor repair and maintenance.
拖地 打蜡和做些维修
During that time I work mostly unattended.
这段时间 大部分是我独自工作
Once an hour or so someone checks up on me.
大约每隔一个小时 会有人来查看一下
Otherwise I’m left entirely to myself.
其他时候 只有我一个人在
I mean, in theory,
理论上
I could take off all my clothes and walk around naked.
我能脱♥光♥衣服 四处游荡
A frightening thought, Miss Quinn. Don’t dwell on it.
别害怕 只是开玩笑 别当真
I’ll try not to.
我尽量不会
I save the vault hallway for last…
我一般把保险库走廊留到最后…
the long corridor that leads to a circular door
长长的走廊尽头 有一扇圆形的门
behind which lies
门的后面
one of the largest single deposits of riches on earth.
存放着世界上最大的财富
For 16 years I’ve been working
十六年来
within a hair’s breadth of that door
我离那门一线之遥
and for 16 years I’ve never opened it, not once.
却从来没打开过它 一次也没
You couldn’t if you wanted to, not without the codes.
就算你想也打不开 你没密♥码♥
The codes are changed weekly and entrusted to only two people.
密♥码♥每周都会更换 而且只有两个人知道
Mr. Eaton, lifelong company servant, portrait of reliability.
伊顿先生 公♥司♥的终身雇员 信赖的标志
Rumor has it that the Swiss use his pulse to set their clocks by;
据说瑞士人 用他们的脉搏校表
And, of course, Sir Milton Kendrick Ashtoncroft,
当然还有 米尔顿爵士
aging ruler of everything that daylight touches.
这年迈的统治者掌管着白天的一切
And you plan to obtain the codes how?
你想怎样窃取密♥码♥?
That’s where you come in, Miss Quinn.
那就是要你加入的原因了 奎因小姐
Until recently, this was supposed to be a solo operation.
直到最近 一直都是我一个人行动
A year ago, quite by accident,
一年前 我意外的发现
I discovered that Sir Milton kept the codes concealed in his desk.
米尔顿爵士把密♥码♥ 藏在桌子下面
Then some months back, they were gone.
但几个月前 密♥码♥不见了
Night after night I searched the office,
我在他的办公室里找了几个晚上
but they never turned up.
但再也找不到了
Why’d you wait? Why not do it while you had the chance?
你为什么等呢 为什么没在有机会的时候做呢
Oh, I’ve asked myself that question a thousand times.
这个问题我问自己一千遍了
I told you, I’m…I’m not courageous.
我告诉过你 我没有那个胆量
But my hesitating will be your gain.
但我的犹豫反倒使你得益
Will it? And what will that require?
是吗? 我要做些什么呢
Here, proof of conviction.
好吧 这应该更有说服力
You are on the, uh, guest list, are you?
这嘉宾名单上有你的名字 对吧
It’s business. I’m expected.
商务往来而已
We’re entertaining the Russians.
我们得去取悦那些俄♥国♥人
You suspect he keeps the codes at home?
你怀疑他把密♥码♥放在家?
On Saturday, go to his study
这个星期六 到他书房♥办公桌
and look under the center drawer in his desk.
最中间的抽屉下面找找
This is ridiculous.
这太荒唐了
Say I did find the codes
假如我拿到了密♥码♥
and you were able to slip in and out of the vault undetected.
你又能够偷偷进出保险库
How would you get the diamonds out of the building?
你要怎样把钻石弄出大楼呢
How much will it hold?
它能装多少?
How much would you like it to hold?
你想让它装多少?
What’s the price of revenge?
你想要他们付出多大代价?
Difficult, eh?
想不出来?
Would 1 million pound do?
一百万英镑怎么样?
Each? I should think so.
每次? 我是这么想的
They wouldn’t even notice that much.
他们还不一定能注意到
Well, by then…
到那个时候…
I’ll be retired and you’ll have been let go.
我就要退休了 而你也被开除了
Why should I trust you?
我凭什么信任你呢
The same reason I have to trust you.
和我不得不信任你的理由一样
We have the same objective.
我们的目的一样
Oh, you make it all sound so easy.
你把一切都说得那么简单
Is that a yes?
这么说你答应了
No, it isn’t.
不 还没有
Be sure to wear something nice.
记得穿漂亮点
Good evening, sir.
晚上好 先生
Welcome, Clifton. Come on in.
你好 克利夫顿先生 请进
The Russians here?
俄♥罗♥斯♥人到了吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!