But for my money,
不过 要让我赌
I’d say things are never as simple as they seem.
我会说事情永远不像 我们想象的这么简单
I’m sure you’re right, Miss Quinn. You’re the one with the suit.
说的没错 奎因小姐 您可是白领
Good night.
晚安
Good luck.
祝你好运
Living dangerously, Miss Quinn?
过着惊险刺♥激♥的生活 奎因小姐?
Recklessly, Henry. Recklessly.
凶猛的生活 亨利 凶猛生活
Something troubling you, Miss Quinn?
有什么事情让您困扰吗 奎因小姐
The existing Russian contract: I propose we simply extend it.
俄♥国♥的和约问题 我想我们只要续约就行了
I’m sorry. You’ve lost me. Was it not you
不好意思 我有点不理解
who suggested the Russians were on their way here to sever all ties?
不是你说俄♥国♥人要来解除与我们的合作吗
If we allow the Soviets to publicly disassociate with London Diamond,
我们让俄♥国♥公开跟伦敦钻石行断绝关系
let them pound the table at the UN,
让他们在联♥合♥国♥义愤填膺
denounce racist capitalism and so on and so on,
谴责种族资本主义
but secretly we extend our contract
但我们秘密续签合同
and keep it a strictly private matter,
保证这一切都是严格保密的
at least until the storm has passed over.
至少等到这场风波过去
While they continue to wholesale diamonds at a magnificent price.
他们仍以好价格批发钻石
That’s not bad. That’s not bad at all.
这主意不错 真不错
Who else have you told about this?
你还跟谁说了?
He’s much better at the job than Albert ever was.
在这么短的时间内
In such a short time.
他表现的比艾尔伯特还要好
Laura, is that you?
劳拉 是你吗?
Harold Reynolds, good God.
哈罗德·雷诺兹 天啊 是你啊
Gentlemen, this lady is the cleverest person
先生们 这是我见过的
I’ve ever met and she’s American.
最聪明的小姐 她是美国人
Ran circles around the lot of us at Oxford.
牛津大学混的最好的一个
Of course I don’t talk to her anymore.
自从她三次拒绝跟我一起吃饭之后
She turned me down for dinner three times.
我就再也没跟她说过话
I was just testing his resolve.
我只是在测试他的诚意
lf he had tried one more time, I would have said yes.
如果他再邀请一次 我就会答应了
I’m at Allied Banking heading up syndications.
我在联合银行组织工作
We’ve just been sweating over your accounts,
在帮你们理账
a lot of ice down there.
你们的石头真不少
No doubt impressive, but it’s making people nervous.
虽然令人印象深刻 却让人精神紧张
But now I know you’re here,
但是现在我知道你在这工作了
I can sleep a little easier.
我可以安稳睡大觉了
Um, unless of course you’re considering a career change?
你有没有考虑过换一个职业呢?
At Allied Banking world domination can also be arranged.
在联合银行 也许你会更如鱼得水
Earliest and brightest as usual, Miss Quinn.
跟往常一样 最早和最勇敢的一个
Oh, I do my best, Henry.
我尽力而已 亨利
Thank you.
谢谢
“No, you won’t”?
“不 你成功不了”
Miss Quinn. Miss Quinn. Why don’t we sit in there?
奎因小姐 奎因小姐 我们到那里坐
Mr. Hobbs? Yes.
赫伯先生? 是
Mr. Hobbs, I’m flattered, but I’m…I’m…I’m really not looking…
赫伯先生 我受宠若惊 但是我不想找…
Oh, please…please don’t panic, Miss Quinn.
别这样…奎因小姐
I’m…I’m a happily married man. And I wouldn’t be so courageous.
我…结过婚 我也没那么大胆
I…I have a proposal to put to you.
我…我是有个建议
It’s…it’s a trifle.
只是件…小事而已
Just give me five minutes. Please.
就给我五分钟时间
Come and sit.
过来坐
It’s something I do to get sympathy.
也许我说这些是想博取您的同情
War wound…the Blitz.
伦敦大轰炸…留下的阴影
My wife and I, we went for some music at Wilton’s.
我妻子和我当时正在听音乐会
Very explosive peftormance.
是个相当有人气的演出
Anyway, we both survived that one,
我们当时都幸免遇难
only to find out that my wife was living on borrowed time.
然后我发现我妻子活不了多长时间了
I thought you were happily married?
我以为你们婚姻幸福呢?
Oh, I am, Miss Quinn,
当然是的 奎因小姐
and I always will be.
我以后也一直都是如此
Are you always in the habit of reading private correspondence?
你有经常阅读他人信件的习惯吗?
Would you hold these for me, please?
您能帮我拿一下这个吗
Correspondence?
信件?
This is more like a diary of frustration.
我觉得这更像一个人困惑的时候写的日记
“Number of Lon Di subsidiaries worldwide, 1223;
“伦敦钻石行在世界的分公♥司♥ 1223家
number of female managing directors, 0.”
女性总经理 0个”
That first number is not correct.
第一个数字不太准确
It’s 1224 now,
现在应该是1224家了
but the other number, that is quite accurate.
另一个数字一点也没错
You’ve succeeded in arousing my curiosity.
你成功的激发了我的好奇心
Now I’m wondering what it is you want.
你到底想要什么
Well, I…I think the question is, Miss Quinn, is
实际上 问题是…奎因小姐
what is it that you want?
你想要得到什么?
Hey, this is ridiculous.
这里真搞笑
They’re…they’re going to knock over a bank
他们准备在…光天化日下
in the middle of London in broad daylight.
去抢伦敦中心的银行
I could have your job for this.
为了这 我可以让他们开除你
Yeah, and they might just give it to you.
你以为他们会升你做高管?
I know that you’ve been passed over six times
在过去的三年里 你本来有六次提升机会
in the last three years for someone less qualified than you.
他们却忽略你 把职位给了远不如你的人
You know this has been illuminating,
我知道这很难堪
but I am really am very very busy. Miss Quinn, please.
但我现在真的真的很忙 奎因小姐
Please sit down. Please sit down. Please.
请坐 坐下
I…I haven’t got to my point yet.
我…我还没说明我的来意
They’re going to fire you. Excuse me?
他们要解雇你 你说什么?
Yes, your ingenious Russian proposal.
是的 因为你那个聪明的俄♥罗♥斯♥提议
How do you know about that? How do you know all of my business?
你是怎么会知道? 你怎么会知道我这些事?
I’m only trying to help.
我只是想帮你
You know, it’s extraordinary
真不可思议
the conversations people will have in front of the cleaners.
我总能很清楚地听到他们的谈话
It’s like… like we don’t exist.
他们常常当…清洁工不存在
What conversations?
什么谈话?
Well, I’m no businessman, but I certainly got the gist of it.
我不懂生意 我只听到些大意
What conversations?
他们说什么了?
Well, the Russians won’t accept your plan
这个计划要对高级职员以外的人保密
unless it’s kept secret among senior staff
否则俄♥罗♥斯♥人不会接受
and only the senior staff.
只能是高级职员才能知道
They don’t seem to think that you qualify.
但他们似乎不认为你是高层
Well, I don’t believe you.
我不相信你
Well, uh, you… you’re probably right.
好吧…可能你是对的
The ramblings of an old man, eh?
我老糊涂乱说话
Who would notice?
谁会注意呢
Hey, this is a good bit.
这部电影不错
Look there.
看看吧
Would you like a peanut?
你想来点花生么?
Oh, is MKA in?
对了 MKA在吗?
He’s just left. That’s odd.
他刚出去 真奇怪
Someone from the prime minister’s office is in the lobby.
有个首相办公室的人在大厅里
Says he has an appointment. Hmm.
说和他有约 嗯
Oh no, that’s not right at all.
没有啊 完全没这回事
Well, I seem to be the envy of the whole restaurant.
看来整个餐厅的人都要嫉妒我了
You look wondeftul.
你真美
Well, I heard reinvention was the latest craze.
听说现在流行这一款
Thought I’d try it on for size.
我正好试试
Thank you for seeing me.
谢谢你来见我
Well, don’t thank me too quickly.
还是别谢得太早
It’s bad news, I’m afraid. We can’t offer you a position.
恐怕是个坏消息 我们不能雇用你
Really, why not?
是吗 为什么呢?
There’s a conflict of interests.
关系到利益冲突
Lon Di is our largest client, back to the Boer War.
伦敦钻石行是我们的最大客户
We funded Ernest Ashtoncroft’s first diamond mine 70 years ago.
我们在70年前 就开始资助伦敦钻石了
Well, it’s done all the time.
可那是过去时了
You simply ask their permission to speak with me,
很简单的 你先申请和我交谈下
say I know nothing about it…unsolicited,
然后说我对此…一无所知
that sort of thing. I did.
就行了 我说了
Look, and I tell you this in confidence as an old friend,
因为我们是老朋友 我私下告诉你
but they’re saying you’re grossly incompetent…
听说你工作不力…
claim you botched their relations with the Russians.
把和俄♥国♥人的关系弄糟了
That is absolutely ridiculous.
这简直是无稽之谈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!