抱歉?
Sorry?
你是天底下最好的爸爸
You were the best father a man could have.
我有没有说他们让我们游泳?
Did I ever tell you they took us swimming?
没有
No, Dad.
我们插了国旗以后,从山头下来
After we planted the flag, we came down off the mountain…
他们让我们游泳
…and they let us swim.
真的很奇怪
It was the funniest thing.
战争如火如荼进行
All this fighting and…
我们却像小孩子在海里玩耍
And we were jumping around in the water like kids.
那才是我记得的伊基
That’s the way I remember lggy now.
我终于明白也许他说的没错
I finally came to the conclusion that maybe he was right.
也许世上根本就没有英雄
Maybe there’s no such thing as heroes.
只有像我爸那种人
Maybe there are just people like my dad.
我也明白他们不想被当成英雄
I finally came to understand why they were so uncomfortable being called heroes.
英雄是因应我们的需要…
Heroes are something we create,
而创造出来的产物
something we need.
这样才能让我们稍微了解
It’s a way for us to understand what is almost incomprehensible…
怎么会有人义无反顾地为我们牺牲这么多
…how people could sacrifice so much for us.
但是对我爸和那些士兵来说
But for my dad and these men…
他们冒的危险和受的伤
…the risks they took, the wounds they suffered…
全都是为了他们的同胞弟兄
…they did that for their buddies.
他们也许是为国打仗
They may have fought for their country,
但是却是为朋友牺牲性命
but they died for their friends.
为了和他们一起奋战的弟兄
For the man in front, for the man beside them.
如果我们希望纪念这些人
And if we wish to truly honor these men…
就应该记得他们真正的样子
…we should remember them the way they really were…
就跟我爸记得的一样
…the way my dad remembered them.
来吧,大夫
Come on, Doc!
(致:菲莉丝和巴米)
(美国国旗于1945年2月23日)
(由海军陆战队队员在此竖立)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!