我一直在想 是我们漏掉了什么吗
I just keep thinking, is there anything else that we forgot?
就我看来 我们一样都没漏
We did everything, as far as I know.
双子星八号♥计划在同一天
Gemini 8 saw two complex vehicles
准时发射了两架复杂的飞行器
launched on the same day on time.
交会和对接都非常顺利
We saw flawless rendezvous and docking.
但这一切都被机械故障
All of which is tended to be overshadowed
所掩盖了
by the malfunction, but, uh,
1966年3月26日
我认为我们应该把重点放在
I think we should focus on the progress
执行任务所取得的进展上
resulting from the mission.
董事会的重点肯定
The board would like to focus
1966年4月1日
是机械故障
on the malfunction.
尼尔 给我们讲一讲你做出
Neil, walk us through the decision
脱离阿吉纳的决定的过程
to separate from the Agena.
你提到当时的转速
You mentioned that the rate of revolution
已经超过了每秒一圈
was more than once a second.
你们离失去意识有多近
How near were you to being unconscious?
你们是否考虑了利用阿吉纳
Did you think to use the Agena
来稳定组合飞行器的可能
to stabilize the combined craft?
考虑了
We did.
那个方案没有成功
This was, uh, not successful.
如我所说 我们最初认为
As I said, we initially assumed
故障与阿吉纳的控制系统有关
that the anomaly was with the Agena control system.
因为我们不可能知道故障原因
‘Cause there was no way to know that a thruster
是推进器…
was causing the…
如果我们能够 分离双子星的每一个推进器
If we could have, uh, isolated each of Gemini’s thrusters,
如果我们当时能够这样
if we’d had that capability in the moment…
我来自法新社 你们的推进器出问题后
Agence France. Did you have any feeling of anxiety
你们感到焦虑吗
after the failure of the thrusters?
在旋转时 你有没有感受到
In the midst of the spinning, did you seem to realize
上帝与你前所未有地接近
or feel the presence of God closer than other times?
紧接着查理·巴塞和艾略特·西意外身亡后
With this so hot on the heels of the loss
就遭遇如此重大的滑铁卢
of Charlie Bassett and Elliot See,
你们有没有质疑过该项目是否值得如此代价
do you question whether the program’s worth the cost?
无论是金钱还是生命
In money and in lives?
好了 谢谢大家
All right, thanks, guys.
我们还有很多东西要讨论 我们会
We’ve got a lot to discuss, and we’ll be
尽快联♥系♥你们
back in touch with you soon.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在要用大拇指了 亲爱的
No, so we’re using our thumb now, honey.
好的
Okay.
《太空狂野探险》
“Our Wild Ride in Space”?
这是市场噱头 阿姆斯特朗先生
It’s marketing, Mr. Armstrong.
人们对美国航♥天♥局越来越不满了
NASA approval numbers are dropping.
-我们得… -那不关我的事
– We need to… – Well, that’s not my concern.
快好了 我先去
Almost. Okay, I’m gonna finish, uh,
包好你哥哥的礼物 马上回来
wrapping your brother’s present. I’ll be back.
-你练习那一首 -我尽力
– You practice that one. – I’ll try.
我不在乎别的杂♥志♥社怎么抹黑这件事
I’m not interested in how other magazines are framing the story.
继续弹
Okay. Keep going.
不要太担心
If it’s any consolation,
艾德自从双子星四号♥回来后好几周都像个行尸走肉
Ed was a zombie for weeks after Gemini 4.
我想他们肯定很迷茫
I guess it must be, uh, disorienting for them.
肯定的
Certainly.
帕特
God, Pat.
我嫁给尼尔是为了能过上普通的生活
I married Neil ’cause I wanted a normal life.
我知道 我知道
I know. I know.
他和校园里的其他男孩子都那么不一样
He was just so different from all the other boys on campus.
他上过战场
He’d been through the war. You know.
他很清除自己想做什么
He knew what he wanted to do.
他看上去很沉稳
He just seemed so stable.
我想我只是想要沉稳
I guess all I wanted was stability.
我有个女子会姐妹就过着普通的生活
I’ve got a sorority sister with a normal life.
-是吗 -她嫁给了一个牙医
– Yeah? – She married a dentist.
牙医
Dentist.
听起来不错
Sounds good.
他每天六点前到家 她每隔几个月
He’s home by 6:00 every night, and every few months,
都会说要是他没这么规律就好了
she calls to say she wishes he weren’t.
看来你还在工作
Still working, I see.
是的
Yeah.
我正想
Well, I was, uh,
去戴维家拿点酒喝
gonna go grab a beer at Dave’s.
好吧
Yeah, all right. Fine.
我也想喝点酒
I could use a beer.
只有一件事我能确定
You know, I will say one thing.
我满脑子只有回到太空
It’s all I can think about, is getting back up there.
你们是被叫停了
Just caught a rough break.
你们没有做错什么
Well, you boys did everything right.
完全没有 我和格斯聊过这件事
Everything. You know, I was talking about it with Gus,
我们都认为你们没错
and we both agreed.
我是听说
I did hear a little rumor
你和格斯最近走得很近
that you and Gus have been hanging out.
是吗
You did?
是真的吗
Is it true?
什么真的吗
Is what true?
戴克单独告诉我
Deke pulled me aside and told me
他和格斯希望我加入
that him and Gus want me on the crew.
第一次阿波罗计划吗
Of the first Apollo?
是的
Yeah.
是的 上帝啊
Yeah. Holy shit.
这可是大事
That’s huge.
恭喜你
Congratulations.
我要和你握个手
I gotta shake your hand.
谢了 伙计
Thanks, man.
土星火箭简直是个怪物
That Saturn’s a monster.
驾驶着它绝对非常痛快
You’re in for one heck of a ride.
没错
It is.
戴克希望格斯
You know Deke wants Gus to be
第一个登上月球 所以
the first one on the Moon, so…
那你就会和他一起在登月舱里
Hey, that puts you in the LEM with him for the landing.
-不不不 别 -爱德
– Oh, no, no, no, let’s not… – Ed.
-不要太得意忘形了 -好吧
– Let’s not get carried away. – All right.
离开我家吧 我要上♥床♥睡觉了
Get out of my house. I gotta go to bed.
我没开玩笑 滚出我家
I’m not kidding. Get out of my house.
尼尔
Neil.
尼尔 不用坐了
Hey, Neil. Don’t bother sitting.
我只和你说几句话
It’s going to be a short meeting.
我们都讨论过了 我们认为结果显而易见
We’ve talked it through. We think it’s pretty clear.
要不是你当时保持冷静 根本不可能平安降落
If you hadn’t kept cool, you wouldn’t be here,
我们还是会继续询问你当时所发生的事
and we’d still be asking what the hell happened.
国会也是 实在是太了不起了
So would Congress. It’s a showstopper.
这次任务非常成功
This mission was a success.
我们要全力进行阿波罗计划
We’re full steam ahead for Apollo.
你愿意加入吗
You good with that?
-是 长官 -我相信你肯定不会介意
– Yes, sir. – I trust you won’t mind
代表我们去白宫做客
representing us at the White House.
-是的 长官 -很好
– No, sir. – Good.
-谢谢你 -谢谢你
– Thank you. – Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
“对接问题和开♥发♥操作技术
“Interface problems and develop operational techniques
对于最大化使用”
for the most efficient use of,”
“飞船能力”
uh, “Onboard capabilities.”
干什么
What?
不 这不是…
No, it’s not…
我抓到一个
I got one.
-我抓到一个 -不 不
– I got one. – No! No!
我抓到一个
I got one.
我不知道你为什么要笑
I don’t know why you’re laughing.
他等一下就要来抓你了
He’s gonna do that to you in a minute.
这次 我要把这个关进冰箱里
This time, I’m gonna put this one in the freezer.