When the lamps are lit again…time starts again, but…
所说的所做的都不记得了
everything you said or did is forgotten.
简直…
More than forgotten.
从来就没发生过
Never happened.
谢谢你 上帝 我讨厌乡下
Thank you.
Oh, God, I hate the country!
他妈的太冷了 像进了阴森森的大墓
It’s always so damn cold.
Come on, Molly, into the mausoleum.
-你好 康妮 -你好
Hello, Connie.
Hello.
可怕的旅程 路一年比一年坏
Terrible journey.
The roads get worse every year.
你好吗?这些都是些什么人?
How are you?
Jimmy, who are all these people?
提琴手
Fiddlers.
你!在我冻死前往火里添多点煤
You, more coal on the fire before I freeze to death!
进来 莫吉里 都进来
Come on in, Manzini. Herd your fellows in.
没有伴奏没法跳舞 康妮 人人都知道
We can’t have a dance without music, Connie.
Everyone knows that.
-跳舞? -火!
Dance?
Fire!
不能弯腰 爵爷 假发会掉的
Can’t bend, mi lord. Wig falls off.
-父亲 -我来了
Father.
Yes, yes. Here I am.
-你好 小公主 -都是些什么人
Hello there, little Missy. Who are all these people?
欢度圣诞节 这房♥子怎么了
Christmas cheer. What is it about this house?
进来的时候 我都想自杀
The moment I walk in, I want to kill myself.
别唠叨
Damn it, boy, don’t preach at me.
你不知道 我们不得不卖♥♥掉一个农场?
You do realize we have to sell one of the farms?
永远别卖♥♥地 查尔斯 我父亲告诉我那很伤感
Never sell land, Charles.
The one sensible thing my father ever said to me.
如果要还 为什么还要借钱
Why borrow money if all you mean is to give it back?
茉莉在哪?
Where’s Molly? She can’t still be dressing.
-还有别的欠帐吗? -我怎么知道?
Are there any more charges on the estate?
Well, what do I know?
我只要过我的日子
I’m not a bank clerk. I just live my life.
就是为了短短几年的快乐
All for the sake of a few short years of passing pleasure.
快乐就是一切 死而无憾
Passing pleasures are all we have, boy.
All we have between us and the grave.
-你是谁? -这是劳里埃小姐
Hello. Who are you?
This is Miss Laurier.
这是我父亲 克莱尔勋爵
This is, uh, my father, Lord Clare.
劳里埃小姐是路易莎的家教
Miss Laurier is Louisa’s Governess.
你和别的女家教不一样 你是法国人?
Never had Governesses like you in my day.
What are you, French?
不 我是瑞士人
No, I’m from Switzerland.
你过你自己满意的生活 查尔斯 我享受我的人生
Sacrifice your life if you want, Charles. I mean to enjoy mine.
劳里埃小姐 是吗?你会波尔卡舞?
Miss Laurier, is it? Do you Polka?
很好 她很可爱 查尔斯
Well done, Charles. She is lovely.
什么?你的瑞士女家庭教师
What?
Your Swiss Governess.
是的 她是个优秀的教师
Oh. Yes.
She’s an excellent teacher.
很高兴听到这
Well, I’m glad to hear it.
康妮?是的 是的
Connie?
Yes, yes.
一起转转圈?
What do you say to a quick turn around the room?
为什么不?
Why not?
可怜的宝贝 你还好吗?
Oh! Oh, Lord Clare, are you all right?
当然 我很好 对不起
Of course I’m all right.
I’m so sorry. Was it me?
我会看着他 劳里埃小姐 你别担心
I’ll see to him, Miss Laurier.
Please don’t trouble yourself.
看 我告诉你 我没事 我想跳舞
Look, I tell you, I’m all right. I want to dance, damn it.
你怎么不早说?
Why didn’t you say?
我从未想过和你一起跳舞 查尔斯
I never thought I’d get you onto a dance floor, Charles.
凡事都有第一次
There’s a first time for everything.
您找我 爵爷
You sent for me, sir?
嗯 你是还是不是?
Well, are you or aren’t you?
是什么?勾引查尔斯
Am I what?
Diddling Charles.
茉莉说的
Molly says you are.
她总是留意这种事
She can usually spot these things, you know.
您自己判断呢 爵爷?
You judge everyone by yourself, sir?
至少你明白我说什么
Well, at least you understand what I’m talking about.
你不会告他去吧
You’re not gonna sue him or anything, are you?
-不会 -小姐 你错了
No.
And you’re wrong, Missy.
我不会主观判断一个人 不像查尔斯
I don’t judge everyone by myself, least of all Charles.
我知道他不像我 因为他像我父亲
I know he’s not like me ’cause he’s just like my father.
那老家伙从不为我着想
The old bastard never thought much of me.
这责任 那责任
Duty this, duty that.
现在轮到查尔斯了
And now Charles.
你儿子像你父亲 你难过
Odd to have your own son acting like your father, you know.
他曾经是个孩子
He must have been a child once.
当然
But of course he was a child once.
你是对的
Well, you’re right there.
我忘了 他还是个孩子的时候
When he was a little fellow. I’d forgotten that.
你知道 当查尔斯16岁时
You know, when Charles was about 16 years old,
他跟我说 “父亲 我不会尊重一个…
he stood up before me and he said…
Father, I can’t respect for a man
只会享乐的人”
which lives only his own pleasure.
-你知道我怎么回答他? -什么?
You know what I answered?
What?
“除非你真的享乐过…
My boy, you’ve no right to speak to your father like that…
否则你没有资格这样这样说你♥爸♥”
until you’ve got yourself well and truly fucked.
现在他享乐过了
Well…now he has.
真有你的 小姐
Good for you, Missy.
真有你的
Good for you.
并且你是对的 当然
And you’re right, of course.
他是我儿子
He’s my boy.
她假装她妈妈在那 我知道 我们都在假装
She pretends she has a mother there.
I know. We’re all pretending.
你进房♥间的时候 我假装没有留意你
When you come into a room,
I pretend that I haven’t noticed you.
然后我看…除了你我什么都看不见
And then I look, and there’s nothing in the world but you.
有时候我想 “为什么我们不一走了之?”
Sometimes I think, “Why don’t we just go away?”
你 我 路易莎 你会和我一起吗?
You, me, Louisa.
Would you come with me?
多余一问 只是假设
Why ask?
It’s only pretending.
-你走不了 -我想我承受不起
You can’t leave.
I don’t think I can bear it.
你有责任 对财产 家庭 你的妻子
You have your duty to your estate,
to your family, to your wife.
你怎么这么理智?
How can you be so calm?
不理智
Not calm.
今晚陪我 一整晚
Stay with me tonight.
All night.
路易莎!
Louise!
快回来 危险!
Come back!
It is not safe!
路易莎 别过去
Louisa, don’t leave me!
睡吧 亲爱的 睡吧
Sleep, darling. Sleep.
我再也不离开你了
I’ll never leave you.
永远不
Never.
他们在做财产清单
They’re making an inventory.
查尔斯天一亮就到镇上去了
Charles left for town at first light.
杜德先生说房♥子要卖♥♥掉
Mr.Dodds tells me the estate is to be sold.
我们会怎么样呢?
I wonder what will become of us all.
谁知道?也许这样最好
Who knows? Maybe it’s for the best.
有时这房♥子像个监狱
Sometimes this house feels like a prison.
戈德温先生很喜欢
Mr.Godwin loves it very much.
曾经吧
Yes, he did once.
艾米出事之后
But the house died the day, Amy…
这房♥子就死了
didn’t die.
我宁愿她死了
I wish she had died.
吓着你了
Does that shock you?
没有
No.
当然 法律规定…禁止男人
There’s a law, of course, that forbids a man…
娶死去妻子的姊妹
from marrying his deceased wife’s sister.
但那是不合理的法律 很容易规避
But it’s an absurd law, so easily evaded.
如果戈德温夫人死了 你和戈德温先生会结婚?
You think if Mrs.Godwin were to die,
you and Mr.Godwin would marry?
我不会期望他像爱艾米那样爱我
I don’t pretend he loves me as he loved Amy.
但是漫长的10年啊
But ten years is a long time.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!