我单身 有5000英亩土地
I’m a single man with 5,000 acres to my name.
如果你愿意去美国生活…
If you would consider a life in America…
我很愿意带你走 做我的妻子…
I would be proud to take you there, as my wife…
你太抬举我了 先生
You pay me a very great compliment, sir.
你的回答是 不
But the answer’s no.
恐怕是这样
I’m afraid so.
不问怎么知道呢
Well. You don’t know till you ask.
不会让你大失所望吧
You’re not too disappointed, I think.
我对你几乎不了解 所以不会好像没你我就不活了
Well, I hardly know you, so I can’t make out
I’ll not be able to live without you…
但…男人就是
but, well, a man can get his hopes up
容易冲动
pretty high pretty quick.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我只想知道…
Just so I know…
以后我也会向别人求婚
Guess I’ll be doing something
like this again one of these days.
我有什么要改正的吗?
Is it anything I can fix…
比如我的穿着 或者我的谈吐?
like my dress or how I talk?
不 泰勒先生
No, Mr.Taylor.
被你看上是任何女人的造化
Any lady would be fortunate to be courted by you.
除了你
Any lady but you.
路易莎 亲爱的 求你 你答应的
Louisa, darling, please.
You promised me.
-路易莎 我受不了了 -都是你纵容的
Louisa, I really can’t bear this.
That’s why she does it.
我不能疼自己的孩子?
Damnation, can’t I feel for my own child?
疼她不等于溺爱她 哥德文先生
Feel for her, Mr.Godwin, but don’t pity her.
路易莎 让我走 求你
Louisa, let go. Please.
走吧 如果你想走 走吧
Go, then. If you want to go, go.
-没事吧 亲爱的 -你都不在乎 还有什么关系?
Will you be all right, darling?
You don’t care, so what does it matter?
现在 就我们俩了
Now, it’s just you and me.
开始上课吧?
Shall we start our lessons?
我没必要照你说的做 你只是下人
I don’t have to do what you say.
You’re just a servant.
够了!你给我住嘴!
That’s enough! Be silent.
你必须服从我 不管你愿意还是不愿意
You will obey me, whether you want to or not.
因为虽然我穷 但我比你权威
You will obey me because, poor as I am,
I am placed in authority over you.
你不能对我不尊重 或者高声说话
You will not speak disrespectfully
to me or raise your voice to me.
下人!下人!下人!
Servant! Servant! Servant!
下人!下人!下人!
Servant! Servant! Servant!
下人!下人!下人!
Servant! Servant! Servant!
我不是下人 我只是身不由己
I’m not a servant.
I’m a prisoner.
你长大后也会
So will you be when you grow up.
等你成人了 那些都会离你而去
The day you come of age, the gates will close around you
因为你是女人
because you are a woman!
如果你嫁人 你的一切都是你丈夫的
If you marry, everything you own will
become the property of your husband.
如果你不嫁人 除了孤独和羞辱
If you don’t marry, every profession
will be closed to you but one…
你将失去其它所有一切
and that one is a life of loneliness and humiliation.
你身陷困境 路易莎!
They lock you up, Louise!
但有一样
But there’s one door they can’t lock.
你的思想是自♥由♥的…
They can’t imprison your mind…
这就是为什么我要你学习读书
and that’s why I want you to learn to read.
我要你有自己的生活
I want you to have your own life.
南丘羊获奖的话写信告诉我
Write and tell me when the Southdowns
start winning all the prizes.
-你自己来嘛 -也许吧
Come and see for yourself.
Maybe I will.
最好的草场 20美元一英亩 考虑考虑
Best grazing in the world. $20 an acre. Think about it.
抽时间做别的生意?
Did you find time for that other business?
-她拒绝了 -拒绝了?
She turned me down.
She turned you down?
我猜她有别人
Mm. I guess there’s somebody else.
幸运的家伙 我只能说
Lucky fellow is all I can say.
-再见 查尔斯 -再见 约翰
Bye, Charles.
Bye, John.
别走
Don’t go.
康斯坦斯会直接下来
Constance will be down directly.
好吧
As you wish.
泰勒告诉我他给你个提议 你拒绝了
Mr.Taylor tells me he made you an offer
and, uh, you refused him.

Yes.
我想因为路易莎吧
The fire gives more light than one expects, doesn’t it?

Yes.
这里灯光太亮了
The fire gives more light than one expects, doesn’t it?
是的
Yes.
没点灯?珍妮在想什么?
No lamps lit? What’s Jane thinking of?
不知道你想知道多少
I don’t know how much you want to know.
我记得…
I remember her.
火光
The firelight.
我记得…
I remember her.
太多了
too much.
“蜜蜂”
Bee.
“树”
Tree.
“眼睛”
Eye.
“见”
See.
“猪”
Pig.
“挖” “假发” 这太愚蠢了
Dig. Wig. This is stupid.
“坏”
Bad.
“悲伤”
Sad.
“幸福”
Happy.
我猜是”高兴”
I suppose it’s “glad.”
-“疯狂” -对
Mad.
Yes.
我小的时候 没有妈妈
When I was young, I had no mother.
我一出生她就死了
She died just after I was born.
我很爱我的父亲…
I loved my father very much…
但我很想有妈妈
but what I wanted most was a mother.
那个生病的女人不是我亲妈
The sick lady is not my real mother.
-我知道 -我亲妈没病
Yes, I know.
My real mother’s not sick.
她在哪?
Where is she?
是秘密
It’s a secret.
-你见过她吗? -当然 每天
Do you ever see her?
Of course. Every day.
你和她一起干什么?
What do you do with her?
就一起呆着
Just be with her.
劳里埃小姐 “见”
Miss Laurier. “See.”
你怎么知道她不是在看图片?
How do you know she doesn’t just read
the pictures rather than the words?
-她就是在看图片 -那么还不是阅读
She does.
Oh, yes? That’s not really reading.
不是 只是假象
No, it’s only pretending…
但时间长了就真的在阅读了
but after a while, the pretense becomes a reality.
明白了
I see.
路易莎告诉我你有个关于火光的故事
Louisa tells me you have some story about firelight.
是的
Yes.
我告诉她火光是魔法…
I tell her firelight is a magic time…
让时间停滞
when time stands still.
为什么和她说那些?
Why’d you tell her that?
我发现有帮助
I find it helps.
没有约束的时光 最后的时刻
A time with no rules at the end of the day.
我要你帮我
I must ask you to help me.
什么?
How?
有一段 一段短时间 我们很亲近 你和我
There was a time…it was a short time…
when we were close, you and I.
是的 你记得吗?
Yes?
Do you remember it?

Yes.
告诉我那已经过去并且不会发生了
Just tell me that time is over and can never come again.
不回答?
You don’t answer.
时间停滞时 发生什么了?
What happens when time stands still?
火光中
The firelight.
你能为所欲为…
You can do what you want…
说出你的愿望
Say what you want.
实现你的愿望
Be what you want.
当灯再次点亮 时间又开始了 但…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!