-我不要女家教 -我不要女家教
I don’t want a Governess.
You don’t want a Governess.
-想我吗? -不
Did you miss me?
No.
你要教我们养殖技巧 我指望拿奖呢
You must give me some breeding tips, Mr.Ames.
I mean to win prizes.
戈德温先生是你要找的人 他是我们的师♥傅♥
Mr.Godwin’s your man. He’s our master breeder.
约翰 小心
You have to be careful,John.
养殖能成为一种纠缠完美
This breeding business can become
something of an obsession.
那是没有尽头的职业
It’s nothing less than the endless pursuit of perfection.
你到什么程度了?我指的是完美
How close do you reckon you’ve got? To perfection, I mean.
索尔库姆就像你看到的一样好
The Selcombe flock is as good as you’ll find, sir.
我听说是这样
That’s what I hear.
你的秘诀?
What’s your secret?
这是新女家教
Ah, here’s the new Governess.
这是我姐夫戈德温先生 这是劳里埃小姐
Uh, this is my brother-in-law, Mr.Godwin. Miss Laurier.
戈德温先生
Mr.Godwin.
劳里埃小姐是瑞士人
Miss Laurier is from Switzerland.
但是她在英国工作有些年头了
but she’s been employed in England for many years.
明白了
I see.
泰勒先生肯定要喝点什么 是这样
I’m sure Mr.Taylor needs a drink. I know I do.
你必须马上走
You must leave at once.
你在干什么?鬼迷心窍了你居然来这里?
What are you doing?
And what on earth possessed you to come here?
花了七年才找到我的孩子
It’s taken me seven years to trace my child.
所以别让我走
Do not ask me to leave her now.
但我们有协议 你拿了钱
We had an agreement. You had your money.
我不知道会这么难
I didn’t know how it would be when she was born.
我无法忘记她出生时的哭声
All I heard was her cry. I’ve never forgotten it.
-给钱让你忘记 -我努力过
You were paid to forget.
I tried.
努力过?
You tried?
-如果可以 我还你钱 -我不要钱
I’d give you back your money if I could.
I don’t want the money.
不是为了我 是为了我父亲
It wasn’t for me. It was for my…it was for my father.
-他在坐牢 -我不想听 我只…
He was in prison and…I don’t want to hear this. I just…
我要一个继承人 一个孩子 这错了?
I wanted an heir. I wanted a child. Is that so wrong?
我发誓没人会知道真♥相♥ 连路易莎也不会
I swear to you, no one will ever learn
the truth from me, not even Louisa.
连你自己的女儿 你恐怕做不到吧
Not even Louisa, not even your own daughter.
You couldn’t live with that.
我没有办法 我没有自己的家
I have no choice. I have no home of my own.
-如果不做她的家教 我什么都不了 -她恨家教
I must be Governess to her or nothing.
She hates Governesses.
她需要我 这就够了
She needs me.
That’s enough.
不 完全不可能的 你必须走 就这样
No. No. It’s impossible, the whole thing. You must go.
这事到此结束
And there’s the end to it.
嗯 是的 因为你得行动起来
Ah, yes. Because you have to put the paddles up.
你得另外找一个家教 劳里埃小姐不能留下来
We’ll have to get another Governess, Connie.
Miss Laurier can’t stay.
为什么?
Why?
路易莎不喜欢她
Louisa doesn’t like her.
哦 查尔斯 路易莎不喜欢任何一个家教
Oh, Charles! Louisa doesn’t like any Governess.
我不能选择谁来教我的女儿吗?
Can’t a man choose who’s to educate his own daughter?
-她将无理由被解雇吗? -是
Do you wish her to be dismissed without a character?
No.
那她会有一个月的通知期
Well, then, she must be given at least a month’s notice.
一个月?不能给钱了事?
A month? Can’t she just be paid?
女家教以雇主家为家
Governesses make their homes with their employers.
没有找到新雇主不能离开
She can’t leave until she’s found a new situation.
一个月?一个月太久了
A month? A month is an eternity.
-她除了这就没有家? -女家教就这样
Does she really have no home but this?
That’s why Governesses are Governesses.
不能再做家教的时候她们怎么办?
What happens to them when they aren’t
wanted as Governesses any more?
我真的不知道
I really don’t know.
这么些大房♥间 我们只能紧挨着火堆
All these huge rooms, and we live our lives
within three feet of the fire.
请跟我来
Would you come with me, please?
你有一个月的试用期
You’re to have one month’s notice.
-你发誓不会告诉任何人 -是的
You said you’d swear to tell no one.
Yes.
谢谢你 汉娜
Oh! Thank you, Hannah.
-先生 我去喝茶? -去吧
Have I time for my tea, sir?
Yes.
-你回来时我再走 -好的 先生
I’ll stay till you return.
Thank you, sir.
艾米 我带个人来见你
Amy, I’ve brought someone to see you.
这是劳里埃小姐 请坐。
This is Miss Laurel.
Please.
这是我妻子 艾米莉
This is my wife, Amelia.
戈德温夫人
Mrs.Godwin.
我什么都告诉艾米
I tell Amy everything.
她知道路易莎是我的女儿
She knows Louisa’s my daughter.
但我曾保证 我永远不会让她在世人面前受辱
But I promised her that I’ll never shame her before the world.
除了你没人知道
No one else knows but you.
-她能理解我们? -我宁愿相信她理解
Does she understand what we say?
I choose to believe that she does.
如果你对我妻子的残生有点怜悯…
If there’s any pity in you for my wife’s wasted life…
发誓你会保密
swear that you’ll keep our secret.
我发誓
I swear.
你走吧
Now leave us.
早上好 路易莎
Good morning, Louise.
-你识字吗? -你识字吗?
Do you know your ABC? Do you know your ABC?
这是”L”…路易莎的”L”
This is “L” for Louisa.
这是路易莎的”L”
This is “L” for Louisa.
别走 我们要一起学
Don’t go. We have work to do.
别走 我们要一起学
Don’t go. We have work to do.
-我想你是穷♥人♥ -是的
You are poor, I suppose.
Yes.
我没必要照你说的做
I don’t have to do what you say.
不要这个 你得把他们抬起来
No.
You got to hoist them off.
走开 走开
Bugger away, lady. Bugger away. Gently now.
知道为什么吗?
Come on.
Do you see why?
坦白说 不知道 我看都不错
Frankly, I don’t. They all look good to me.
你有一群好羊
You’ve a superb flock here.
是的 我已经选育15年了
Well, I should have. I’ve been breeding
the imperfections out for 15 years.
这是一只完美的繁殖母羊
This one’s a perfect breeding ewe.
脊椎从颈部笔直地延展到尾部
See how the chine runs straight from the
nape of the neck to the sitting of the tail.
好 宽腰身 前腿挺 耳间多毛
Good wide hips, straight forelegs,
plenty of wool between the ears.
看它的眼睛 亲和 温顺
Look into her eyes sweet, gentle disposition.
只要好好喂 一定膘肥体壮
She’ll feed well, fatten well and lamb well.
-来 -早上好 劳里埃小姐
Go on.
Good morning, Miss Laurier.
好 泰勒先生
Mr.Taylor.
你也来欣赏南丘羊
Have you come to admire the Southdowns too?
不是 先生 我来找戈德温先生
No, sir. I’ve come for Mr.Godwin’s instructions.
别乱动
Don’t you fight, now. Oh.
什么事? 我仍要给路易莎上课是吗?
Well? Am I to teach Miss Louisa, sir…
-即使只有一个月 -对
if even only for one month?
Yes.
那我得设法让她呆在教室里
Then I must be able to keep her in the schoolroom.
允许我采取什么纪律措施吗?
What forms of discipline am I permitted to use?
不行 如果上课没意思 为什么要她忍♥受
None. If her lessons give her no pleasure,
why should she endure them? No.
她很快就会知道世事是多么的艰难
She’ll find out soon enough what a hard world we live in.
这几年 我想她快快乐乐的
For these few short years that she’s under my care,
I want her to be happy.
-明白了? -是的
Is that clear?
Yes sir.
稳住
Steady.
-不 – 这样行吗?
No.
Fair enough, now?
转过来 继续
A bit and turn around. Come on.
Turn around. Yeah. That’s it.
让我出去!我要爸爸!让我出去!
Let me out! I want to see my father! Let me out!
来人 让我出去!
Come on! You gotta let me out! Let me out!
我要爸爸 我要爸爸!
I want my pa! Come on! I want my pa!
让我出去!马上!我要爸爸!
Let me out now! I want my pa!
-让我出去! -先上完课
Let me out!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!