戈德温先生 不跳舞?太可惜了!
Shame on you, Mr.Godwin. Not dancing?
请原谅 我不会跳舞 赫斯特夫人
You’ll have to excuse me, Mrs.Hurst.
I’m afraid I don’t know the steps.
我们都不会 一起学就是一种乐趣
None of us know the steps, Mr.Godwin.
That’s the fun of it. We learn together.
就像你看到的 我的穿着也不适合跳舞
As you can see, I’m not dressed for dancing.
珍妮 我需要你 跟我来吧
Jenny, I want you. I shall have you.
Oh!
-见识了? -必须承认这令人开眼
Seen enough?
You have to admit it’s quite a sight.
也很费钱
Quite a cost too.
用腰
From the waist.
坏人在那
There’s the old monster.
-想见他吗? -当然
Want to meet him?
Surely.
和他在一起的实际上并不是他的夫人
The lady with him isn’t exactly his wife.
-并没有让我吃惊 -一长串名单里最近的一个而已
You don’t exactly surprise me. Just the latest in a long line.
-父亲 我想给你介绍… -你没装扮好 查尔斯
Father, I’d like to introduce you to…
You’re not dressed, Charles.
去打扮打扮
Go and get dressed.
-父亲 -你丢人了 儿子
Father.
You’re a blot, boy.
父亲 容我介绍俄亥俄的约翰·泰勒先生
Father, may I introduce to you Mr.John Taylor of Ohio?
我父亲 克莱尔勋爵 贺兰小姐
My father, Lord Clare.
Miss Holland.
什么风把你从俄亥俄吹来了?
And what brings you all the way from Ohio, sir?
你儿子和我想一起做生意
Your son and I hope to do business together.
-什么生意 -我是养羊的
What business?
I’m a sheep farmer.
养羊的
A sheep farmer.
查尔斯 打扮起来 要不就出去
Get dressed, Charles, or get out. There’s a good fellow.
无论如何我没有错过
I wouldn’t have missed that for the world.
我希望能笑出来
I wish I could laugh.
父亲的奢华生活需要支撑
But my father’s London life all has to be paid for.
在乡下我们不这样过日子
We don’t live like this down in the country.
这孩子特别 别问为什么
The boy’s not normal. Don’t ask me why.
吉米 别难为他
Don’t be hard on him, Jimmy.
想想他那可怜的妻子
When you think of his poor wife.
茉莉 十年前的事了
Damn it, Molly, that was ten years ago.
你以为他会另找女人寻欢?
You’d think he’d have found some
comfort of a female variety by now,
他没有
but he won’t do it.
-你肯定? -肯定!这孩子不正常
Are you sure?
Quite sure. The boy’s not normal.
你知道吗 我把人从巴黎带来
Brought this fellow over from Paris, you know.
伦敦的第一场波尔卡舞会
First Polka in London.
来吧 茉莉 让我们跳起来
Come on, Molly. Let’s hop.
-你一定是新来的家庭女教师 -是的
You’d be the new Governess.
Yes.
小姐 你了解那孩子吗?
Know about the child, do you, Miss?
我只知道他们告诉我的
I know what I’ve been told.
她被放在兰姆旅店台阶的一个篮子里
Left in a basket on the steps of the Ram Inn.
他们这样告诉你的?
They tell you that?
-不是 -不是
No.
No.
他们不会这样说的
They don’t tell them that.
你能添点火吗?
I don’t suppose you could put
something on the fire, could you?
我不能弯腰 小姐 我的假发会掉
Can’t bend, Miss. Wig falls off.
请跟我来 小姐
Please to come with me, Miss.
小姐 你是今年第四个了
You will be the fourth this year, Miss.
-第四个? -她们呆不住
The fourth Governess?
They don’t stay.
路易莎小姐给逼走的
Miss Louisa sees to that.
她叫路易莎?
Louisa?
这是你的房♥间
The Governess’ room.
汤玛斯有时间会把你的旅行箱拿上来
Thomas will bring your trunk up when he has time.
你的薪水是25英镑一年
25 a year, is it, your pay?
厨师是30英镑
The cook gets 30,
教室在这边
Schoolroom this way.
像小姐这样的不多见
We don’t get many like you at Selcombe, Miss.
-为什么? -你是外国人 小姐
Like what?
Foreigners, Miss.
而我们都是英国人
We’re all English here.
教室
The classroom.
小姐 你了解路易莎小姐吗?
Know about Miss Louisa, do you, Miss?
-她被放在兰姆旅馆台阶的一个篮子里 -别信
She was left in a basket on the steps of the Ram Inn.
Don’t you believe it.
主人从吉普赛人那里把她买♥♥来的
Master bought her from a gypsy for half a crown.
她以为她是小贵妇 别想骗到我
Thinks she’s quite a little lady, but she don’t fool me.
她现在在哪?
Where is she now?
我也不知道
I would not know, Miss.
也许吉普赛人把她带回去了
Maybe the gypsies have took her back.
请问 哪里能找到路易莎小姐?
Excuse me. Where would I find Miss Louisa, please?
她应该在她的湖边屋子里
Oh, she’ll be in her lake house.
她老躲在那
She’s always hiding in there.
你是谁?
Who are you?
劳里埃小姐 你的新家庭女教师
Miss Laurier, your new Governess.
你不是英国人?
You’re not English, are you?
-不是 -你会说英语吗?
No.
Do you speak English?
是的
Yes.
那 女士 滚开!
Then bugger away, lady.
我见你去湖边路易莎的房♥子那了
I see you found your way to Louisa’s lake house.
-是的 -我猜她避开你
Yes.
And she ran away from you, I suppose?
-是的 – 她就这样
Yes.
That’s what she does.
我担心他父亲对她太不严格
I’m afraid her father’s not very
strict with her, as you’ll discover.
你以后会看到的
As you will discover.
戈德温先生不在家?
Mr.Godwin is not at home?
他现在在镇上 他应该明天回来 戈德温夫人?
He’s in town at present. We expect him back tomorrow.
-戈德温夫人? -哦 不
Mrs.Godwin?
Oh, no.

No.
我不是戈德温夫人
No. I’m not Mrs.Godwin.
我姐姐阿米莉亚嫁给了查尔斯
My sister, Amelia, married Charles.
所以 她才是戈德温夫人
So, she is Mrs.Godwin.
婚后不久
But shortly after her marriage
她出了一次严重意外 骑马意外
she had a serious accident, a riding accident.
查尔斯没人打理这房♥子
Charles had no one to run the house for him.
所以我来了 谢谢你
So I came.
Thank you.
那 戈德温夫人?…
And, uh, Mrs.Godwin?
艾米没有死
Amy didn’t die.
她的人生完了 但是她还活着
Her life is over, but she lives on.
这里 查尔斯和我…
And here we are, Charles and I…
以及艾米和路易莎
and Amy and Louisa.
到家喽!
We are home!
– 旅途愉快吗? – 是的
Did you have a pleasant journey?
Yes.
约翰·泰勒 这是我的妻妹 斯凯尔顿小姐
John Taylor, this is my sister-in-law, Miss Skelton.
-欢迎 泰勒先生 – 斯凯尔顿小姐
Mr.Taylor, welcome.
Mrs.Skelton.
约翰 你没必要下马车
There was no need for you to walk down, John.
The carriage would’ve brought you.
-我还没老 伊兰 -艾伦 拿路易莎的斗篷
I’m not an old man yet, Charles.
Ellen, will you help Louisa with her cloak?
-我正在等你 -你能拿一下泰勒先生的衣服吗?
I was waiting for you.
Would you take Mr.Taylor’s coat?
约翰 这个人你要见 阿米是我的农场经理
John, this is a man you have to meet. Mr.Ames, my farmer.
-泰勒先生 – 阿米先生
Mr.Taylor.
Mr.Ames.
养过南丘羊吗?
Do you have any experience with Southdowns, sir?
-没有 我们养美利奴羊 -等你们养过南丘羊
Not yet. We run merinos.
Ah, wait till you bring in the Southdowns.
就再没什么羊难养的了
There’s no heartier breed in existence.
-查尔斯 我们有了新家庭女教师 -又一个?
We have a new Governess, Charles.
Another one?
带劳里埃小姐来见主人
Send Miss Laurier down to meet Master.
汤玛斯 跟我来
Thomas, will you come with me?
看这孩子
Look at this girl.
她让人害怕吗?女教师们叫喊着离开她
She’s so frightening, all the Governesses
run from her squealing.
你怎么做到的 路易莎?
How do you do that, Louisa? Hm?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!