哦,天啊
Oh, man.
我能抄你的吗?
我还想抄你的呢
Can I copy off of you?
I was gonna copy off of you.
嘿,你上次抄过我的了
Hey, you copied off me last time.
那只有一个答案!
那确实是个答案
That was one answer!
It was an answer.
是你欠我的
You owe me.
待会见,谢恩.
See you later, Shane.
女生:我的午饭钱呢?
GI RL: Where’s my lunch money?
既然你们考过的朋友已经告诉过你们了
As your friends in first period undoubtedly told you,
今天会有个普测
there will be a pop quiz today.
内容会涉及上周复习的所有内容
This quiz will cover everything we reviewed last week.
最后一点,记住,任何不完整的答案
And remember, any incomplete answers
都会被算作错误
do count as mistakes.
我看看许多枪手都在摩拳擦掌
I see a lot of gum chewing.
如果是这样的话你们不妨先看看垃圾桶
Please visit the wastebasket immediately if that is the case.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿,乔,看看这个
Hey, Joe, check this out.
我的科学测验得了B+
B-plus on my science test.
嘿!不错啊
Hey! I’m impressed.
你是不是抄袭了?
Did you copy?
不是,我几乎学了一整个晚上
No. I studied for almost one whole night.
你…真的是在做饭吗?
Are you… actually cooking?
嘿
嘿,谢恩
Hey.
Hey, Shane.
我爸在哪?
他去城里开会了,醒醒脑
Where’s my dad?
He’s downtown at a meeting, knockin’ heads.
他的东西呢?
Where’s his stuff?
在办公室里
In his office.
好吧…自便吧
Sure… make yourself right at home.
他原来的办公室怎么了?
What was wrong with his old office?
他是队长,他应该待在这里
He’s captain- he belongs here.
听着,我知道我跟你说过, 把你所有的错都推到DNA那
Look, I know I told you to blame your DNA for all your problems.
向前看对你♥爸♥爸来说也不是件简单的事
Moving on wasn’t easy for your dad,
但他还是踏出了第一步
but he’s finally stepping up…
而且,你也应该这样
and maybe you should, too.
嘿…嘿,我刚接到公共事务部的电♥话♥
Hey… hey, I just got a call from the Public Affairs Office.
显然,市长希望你和杜威
Apparently, the mayor wants you and Dewey
出席消防员聚会
to appear at the Firefighters Benefit.
那可是很酷,是吗?
That’s cool, huh?
是啊
Yeah.
怎么了?
What’s going on?
我…
I was…
我只是想整理一下
I was just getting you organized.
等等。这…这是…
Wait a minute. This is… this is my…
没错,是你墙上的地图
Yeah, your wall map. It beats pushpins.
你不该做这些
You… you shouldn’t have done all this.
对不起
Sorry.
不,我的意思是,你永远不该认为
No, I mean, you should never have felt
这些是你的责任
that this was your responsibility.
我知道在过去的半年里我真的造成了你的困扰
I know in the past six months I’ve really been ragging on you
一切困扰
for just about everything,
而且…
and I…
我觉得事实上,我才是
I think the truth is, I’m the one who’s…
那个忽略了什么才是最重要的人
been neglecting what’s important.
那是什么意思?
What’s that?
是你
It’s you.
因为你是如此的聪明…
‘Cause you’re so smart…
如此能干,强壮
and capable and strong.
而我却一直在…迷失
And I’ve been… kind of lost
所有的事情都是这样,自从马克死了之后
in all of this since Marc died, and I…
我想我变成了一个很烦人的老爸
I think I’ve turned into a pretty lousy dad.
对不起
I’m sorry.
这个也谢了
And thanks for this.
我一点都不能干
I’m not strong.
我很脆弱
I’m weak.
我是个坏人
I’m a bad person.
你为什么要这么想?
Why would you even… think something like that?
工厂着火的那天…
The day of the mill fire…
当时我正在学校
I was at school.
卡车刚好经过
The trucks drove by.
嘿!
Hey!
他在那
There he is.
谢恩!
Shane!
之后,JJ打电♥话♥给她妈妈
JJ. Called her mom.
她说有一个消防员失踪了
She said a firefighter was missing.
我马上尽快赶回消防局
I ran back to the fire station as fast as I could.
当我到那的时候,没人看我一眼
When I got there, nobody would look at me.
不是乔…
Not Joe…
不是来里昂内尔…
not Lionel…
不是丕平
not Pep.
当时我就确定了死了的那个人就是你
That’s when I was sure you were dead.
我爱迈克叔叔
I loved Uncle Marc.
但是当我知道死的是他时
But when I found out it was him…
我很开心
I was happy.
我很开心因为死的不是你
I was happy ’cause it wasn’t you.
我们都会没事的。
We’re gonna be okay.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好了,我们刚收到了账单
Okay, we’ve just got the tally.
现在,这次活动共筹到了十万美金
Now, this “little reception” has raised over $100,000
为了四个消防员
for our firefighters.
怎么样?哈?
How ’bout that, huh?
来,给点儿掌声.
Yes, give yourself a round of applause and while you’re at it,
欢迎我们的特别来宾
how about something for our honored guests
他来自神狗消防队55组?
from Dogpatch Station, Engine 55?
现在也许我们能让部里给我们提供新的电池
Now maybe we can squeeze a new battery out of the department.
谢谢你们为了我们的事情与市长交涉
Thanks for pleading our cause with the mayor.
嘿, 不用谢谢我;谢谢狗狗
Hey, don’t thank me; thank Super Mutt.
嘿,丕平在哪?再不来就来不及了
Hey, where’s Pep? She’s gonna miss all this.
不知道,我再试着找找她
I don’t know. I’ll try her again.
她来了,而且还没穿制♥服♥
Here she comes, and she is way out of uniform.
你什么时候变成女孩了?
Since when are you a girl?
别瞪着我了
Stop staring.
没准会把衣服烧出洞来
You’ll burn holes.
好了,说真的,我们
Okay, seriously, let’s get to the real reason
切入正题
we’re here tonight.
这只狗以前上过CNN的新闻
This little pooch has been on CNN, Fox News
还有5个地方新闻
and all five local news channels.
我们开始吧
We’re on!
欢迎55消防队的骄傲
Please welcome the pride of Engine 55,
杜威,创造奇迹的狗,还有他的主人,谢恩
Dewey the Wonder Dog and his boy, Shane Fahey.
去吧,谢恩!
Go, Shane!
谢恩,12岁
Now, Shane is 12 years old.
杜威正处在迷茫的年龄,跟我一样
Dewey is an undetermined age, just like me.
那么,好好玩
Anyhow, have fun.
谢谢,塞拉斯先生
Thanks, Mr. Sellars.
嘿,大家好
Hey, everybody.
那么,在我们开始正题之前
So, before I get to the more radical stunts,
我们先从一些简单的开始吧
let’s start with something simple.
首先,我需要一名志愿者
I need a volunteer, first of all.
就你了, 塞拉斯先生
How about you, Mr. Sellars?
你有….手表吗?
Do you have a, uh, a watch
钱包也行,或者随便什么你身上的东西?
or a wallet or something you carry on you?
这东西结束了还会给我的,是吧
I’m gonna get this back, right?
我也希望这样
We hope.
好了
All right.
看好了,行吗?
See, all right?
好了,别偷看
All right, no peeking.
那么,下面要做的就是把表藏起来
So, the next step is to hide the watch.
老爸
Dad.