Kipling would swallow his own ear for a title like that.
吉卜林恐怕要吃了他自己的耳朵 才能想出这样的标题
Stab him, George. You can do it.
击败他! 乔治! 你能行的!
I still have no idea what to write.
我还是不知道要写什么…
Write about anything. Write about your family.
什么事情都可以 写写你的家庭
Write about the talking whale. What whale?
写写那条会说话的鲸鱼 什么鲸鱼?
The one that’s trapped in your imagination and desperate to get out.
那个被你的想象力束缚住 但又千方百计想脱身的鲸鱼
Come sit down.
来吧 坐下
I have actually begun writing about the adventures of the Davies brothers myself.
其实我也已经开始写关于 戴维斯兄弟的冒险故事
A play? A play indeed, yes.
一出戏剧? 没错 真正的戏剧!
And I would be extremely honored
我将为此感到相当荣幸
if you would allow me the use of your name for one of the characters.
如果你允许我在这出戏剧里使用你的名字
I don’t know what to say.
我不知道该说什么好
Say yes.
说你愿意就可以了
Good man.
好孩子
Porthos! That’s mine. Let go.
波索! 那是我的 松口
I won’t go to bed. I won’t, I won’t.
我不想睡觉 我不要 我不要
You should have been in bed half an hour ago, young man.
半个小时前你们就该上♥床♥了 孩子们
I’m afraid I’ve grown hopelessly lax in my discipline.
恐怕我平时对他们太纵容了
Nonsense. Young boys should never be sent to bed.
别这么说 孩子们不应该被强迫去睡觉
They always wake up a day older.
当他们醒来他们就又老了一天!
And then, before you know it, they’re grown.
你会忽然间发现 他们已经长大了
Their father would have been horrified.
他们的爸爸会吃一惊的
Of course, he never would have allowed a dog in the house either.
他也不会同意让一条狗进房♥间的
He’d have tied him up in the yard.
他一定会把他栓在园子里
Right! Last one in bed’s a hairy toad.
好了! 最后一个上♥床♥的就是丑八怪!
You mean a lot to my boys, you know.
你对他们来说意义重大 你知道的
Especially Peter.
特别是彼得
It seems to me that Peter’s trying to grow up too fast.
彼得好像巴不得赶快长大…
I imagine he thinks that grown-ups don’t hurt as deeply as children do when they…
也许他认为大人没有 孩子那么容易受伤害…
when they lose someone.
当他们失去某些人的时候…
I lost my elder brother, David, when I was just Peter’s age.
我在彼得那年纪时 我失去了我的哥哥 大卫
And it nearly destroyed my mother.
我母亲为此伤心欲绝
James, I’m so sorry.
抱歉 詹姆斯
Your poor mother. I can’t imagine losing a child.
我为您的母亲感到难过 我不敢想象失去一个孩子的痛苦
She didn’t get out of bed for months.
她为此卧床了好几个月
She wouldn’t eat.
不吃不喝
I tried everything to make her happy, but…
我想尽一切办法让她高兴起来 但是…
she only wanted David.
她只想要大卫…
So…
所以…
one day…
有一天…
I dressed myself in David’s clothing
我穿着大卫的衣服
and I went to her.
跑到她面前
You must have frightened her to death.
你一定把她吓坏了
I think it was the first time she ever actually…looked at me.
我想这是她第一次真正的…看着我
And that was the end of the boy James.
从此詹姆斯就消失了…
I used to say to myself he’d gone to Neverland.
我常常对自己说 他去了梦幻岛
Where?
什么地方?
Neverland. It’s a wonderful place.
梦幻岛 非常美丽的地方
I’ve not spoken about this before to anyone.
我从没和别人提起过这个
Ever.
从来没有
What’s it like…Neverland?
那是什么样子的…那个梦幻岛?
One day I’ll take you there.
有一天 我会带你去那里的
Wait a minute, James. He’s a fairy?
等一下 查尔斯 他是个精灵?
Er, no. He’s the irrepressible spirit of youth. Tinker Bell is the fairy.
不 他是永不消失的青春的灵魂 叮当才是真正的精灵
Tinker Bell is a woman? She’s not a woman. She’s a fairy.
叮当是一个女人? 它不是一个女人 是精灵
He is a boy who stays young forever.
他是一个永远不会长大的男孩
James, how does anyone stay young forever? It doesn’t work.
詹姆斯 没有人能永远年轻 这不可能啊
He just believes, Charles. He imagines life the way he wants it to be,
他相信自己 相信生命就和他所信仰的一样
and he believes in it long enough and hard enough that it all appears before him, see?
他的信仰是那么长久坚定 最终他的信仰变成现实 明白吗
James, I’m your friend. You’re coming off a flop.
我们是老朋友了 可这次 你太脱离现实了
You have a man who is a fairy. No, a boy who has a fairy.
你说一个男人是精灵 不 是一个男孩作为精灵
And this girl calls herself Tinker.
这个女孩叫自己廷克尔?
And you have a pirate ship on stage surrounded by tons and tons of water.
你还希望舞台上有一艘船放在好几吨♥的水里?
That’s a lot of water. It’s a lot of water.
那可需要很多水! 非常多的水!
Yes, and that’s a lot of money. It is, but we can fake the water.
那可需要一大笔钱 是的 但我们可以”造”水
Oh, well, if we can fake the water then I’m sure your play will be a hit.
好吧 如果我们可以”造”水 那我敢肯定我们的戏肯定热门
You know what I think I’ll do? I think I’ll imagine life the way I want it to be…
你知道我在想啥 我想我们可以自己想象生活
Long enough and hard enough?
够坚定和持久?
Yes, and then the money for the play will appear magically before me.
是 然后办这出戏的钱就会如魔法般出现在我面前
That’s right. That’s it. Yes.
没错 就是这样! 就这样
How does the clock wind up inside the crocodile?
不如把一个闹钟塞到鳄鱼的嘴巴里 你认为如何
He swallows it. Ah, of course he does.
他吞下去了 对 他当然会
Out!
出局!
How was he?
他干的怎么样?
Well done. Good show!
干的漂亮 非常不错!
I finally get the courage to invite the boys to a game
我终于鼓起勇气请孩子们来看比赛
and we have to suffer this grave humiliation.
尽管这可能要让我蒙羞
It’s perfect actually.
事实上非常好
Spend a good deal of time with them, don’t you?
你和他们在一起很长时间了吧 对吗?
Every moment I can spare, in fact.
事实上 一有空就在一起
I’m glad for you.
我为你感到高兴
And Mrs Davies seems to be having a good time of it as well.
戴维斯太太似乎也很乐在其中
You should be aware though, James, what some people have been saying.
但你也要注意些 有些人已经开始谈论你了
Mind you, I wouldn’t bring it up if I thought the rumors would pass.
我说这些是因为传闻已经达到甚嚣尘上的地步了
I’m not surprised. What are they saying?
我不会感到惊奇 他们怎么说?
Very well.
好吧…
That you spend much more time with Mrs Davies than you do with your own wife.
你跟戴维斯太太相处的时间 比自己太太还久
She’s a widow. And…
她是个寡妇 也是…
And a friend. That’s it. Nothing more.
也是朋友 仅此而已!
There have also been questions about how you spend your time with those boys.
还有人很好奇你是如何陪那些男孩的
And why.
还有为什么?
That’s outrageous. How could anyone think something so evil?
那太恶劣了! 那些人怎么会有那么邪恶的想法?
They’re children. They’re innocent children.
他们只是些孩子 几个天真的孩子
You find a glimmer of happiness in this world,
当你找到一丁点快乐时
there’s always someone who wants to destroy it.
总是有人想方设法来破坏!
No. Thank you, Arthur, but I don’t think many will give credence to such nonsense.
不…谢了 但我认为大多数人都不会认同这谬论
Then why is no one sitting with them?
那为何没人跟他们一起坐?
Once you get a bit of notoriety, James,
一旦你有了点名气 詹姆斯…
people watch you and they will look for ways to drag you down.
人们都会注视着你 然后想尽办法诋毁你
Are you sure your wife doesn’t object to us taking over your cottage
你确定你太太不会反对我们借用你们的小屋…
for the summer, James?
过这个暑假? 詹姆斯
She doesn’t go there anymore. Really?
她不会再去那儿了 真的?
It’s such a relief to get away. You’ll come and visit, I hope?
能离开一下真是太好了 你会来看我们吗?
Of course. Are we in? Everyone in?
当然 到齐了吗? 齐了吗?
Can I drive, Uncle Jim? Er, no.
可以让我来开车吗 詹叔叔? 呃…不行
Out of the way or I’ll make haggis out of you.
快让开路 不然我就把你们做成羊杂碎
Get the sheep out the way.
快把羊赶走
Are we there yet? Almost. Almost there.
我们到了吗? 就到了 马上到了
I can see the cottage!
我看见小屋了
Shall we explore, Michael? Don’t tear your clothes, please.
我们去探险好吗 麦克? 别把衣服弄破
Come on. Follow me. Be careful of stinging nettles.
快来 跟我来 小心荨麻刺
Hurry up, everyone.
大家快点
Would you like to see the rest of it? Mm. Yes.
想看看其他地方吗? 恩…好!
‘Ello!
抓到了
Thought you could escape from Captain Swarthy, eh?
你以为你能从史瓦利船长手里逃脱吗?
Off to the ship with you, then. Off to the ship, son!
把你带上船! 上船去!
So now you can either choose to become a pirate with the rest of us,
你可以选择加入我们!
or we’ll toss you to the sharks.
或者被鲨鱼吃掉!
How marvelous. Well, maybe the crocodiles, eh?
你好酷! 或者鳄鱼你比较怕?
No one’s escaped, Captain. Excellent work, matey.
一个都没逃掉 船长! 做的好! 水手!
Now then.
现在
Now is your only chance to speak.
现在是你唯一说话的机会!
Who amongst you is ready to tie your hopes and dreams to the sea?
你们之中谁想先加入这个与海为伍的…
I am! Not finished yet.
我要! 我还没说完!
To enter upon the most dangerous chapter
加入这个充满危险
in your young and soon-to-be-wasted lives?
而且随时丧命的工作!
What did you say? What are doing, son?
你说什么? 你在干吗?
Are you giggling? On my ship? Giggling? What did you say?
在我船上偷笑? 偷笑? 你说什么?
I said I’m ready, Captain. What’s your name, boy?
我说我准备好了 船长! 你的名字
I’m Curly, the oldest and wisest of the crew.
克里! 我们之中最大最聪明的!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!