– 你好,费莱,我是克莉 – 你好吗?
– Hi, Fly, l’m Claire. – How you doing?
– 你是贾默的朋友? – 克莉!
– You a friend of Jamal’s? – Claire!
走吧!
Come on!
来了
l’m coming.
别让校巴等太久了,幸会,费莱
Don’t hold that bus up too long. Nice meeting you, Fly.
好啊你!你在玩什么把戏?
All right! What the hell you working there, man?
闭嘴
Shut up, man.
哎,那“红玫瑰”我去不了
Yo, about Red Rose. l ain’t gonna make it.
我得去个人的家,他们每年都去的
l gotta go to this dude house. They do it every year.
别生气,伙计
Don’t be going off on this.
你是大人物了,你走吧,我不想拖延了你的校巴
You big time. You best be going. l don’t want to hold your bus up.
你本周末在吗?
You around this weekend?
我可以去哪儿?白人度假胜地?
Where you think l’m gonna be? ln the Hamptons?
很高兴跟你谈话,记住,无论你需要什么…
lt was very nice talking with you. Remember, anything you need…
…请给我打电♥话♥好吗?无论什么
…please give me a call. Okay? Anything.
好的
Okay?
你在收集这些东西吗?
Building up a collection of those things?
对,收集了一些
Yeah, a few.
你想去外面吗?
Do you want to get outside for a while?
好啊,你熟悉这地方?
Yeah. You know this place?
我住这儿,走吧
l live in this place. Come on.
他们会呆到午夜,为你的胜利恭喜他们自己
They’ll be in there till midnight, congratulating themselves on your game.
这意味着明天我可以请病假不去测验
Which means l get to cram tomorrow for this test on Monday.
什么测验?
Test on what?
是关于舍洛·赫姆的书
lt’s on the Sherlock Holmes books.
让我们去记下所有没用的东西,好像…
They have us tracking down all this worthless stuff, like:
“谁把沃斯顿介绍给赫姆?”
“Who introduced Watson to Holmes?”
他们给你书强迫你读完全部
They give it to you to force you to read everything.
看来得花点时间了
Looks like it might be a while.
也许吧
Maybe so.
你的朋友费莱,你们认识多久了?
So this friend Fly. How long have you known each other?
有一段日子了,我们都在一个地方出生
For a while. He was born there, and l was born there too.
– 在布朗克斯? – 没错
– ln the Bronx? – Yeah.
一定很艰难
Must be hard.
什么?
What?
我不知道,新的人,新的学校
l don’t know. New people, new school.
不是吗?
lt’s not?
不,艰难的是居住在在一
No, what’s hard is growing up in a place…
…天黑后警♥察♥都不敢出没的地方
…where the cops don’t even want to be after dark.
艰难的是知道你在那儿很安全…
What’s hard is knowing that you’re safe there…
…因为你要提防的人…
…because the people you need to worry about…
…知道你没有他们想要的
…know you got nothing to give them.
那么你在这儿就是好事咯
So it’s a good thing you’re here.
对,但这里的人也不认为我有他们想要的
Yeah, but these people don’t think l got anything to give them either.
别让我穿过你身边,一旦我穿过你,我就会得分
Don’t let me get by you. Once l get by you, l’ll score.
– 好的 – 准备好了吗?
– Okay. – You ready?
– 好了 – 现在留在我跟前
– Ready. – Stay in front of me now.
– 好吗? – 好的
– All right? – Okay.
我穿过你了,伙计
l got by you, man.
你比我大个呀
You’re bigger than l am.
但你还是得防守
You still got to play defense.
我怎么防守?
How do l do that?
你怎么…?我在这儿示范给你看
How do you play…? l’ll show you one right here.
转身
Turn around.
转身
Turn around.
感觉到了吗?
Feel that?
我感觉到了
l feel it.
我知道你会去哪儿,因为我感觉到了
l know where you’ll go because l can feel where you’re gonna move.
好的,现在试试往左移
All right, now try and move left.
我还在,你不能走动,因为我感觉到了你往左
l’m still here. You can’t get around me because l feel you moving left.
试试往右
Try and go right.
瞧,我还在这儿
See, l’m still here.
我感觉到了你要往右,因此你也走不了
l feel when you try and go right. So you can’t go there neither.
你现在试试穿过我
Now try and get by me.
等等
Hold on.
你得先运球
You gotta dribble first.
运球
Dribble.
运球,好的,这样吗?
Dribble. Okay. Like this?
没错
Yeah.
– 抱歉 – 克莉
– Sorry. – Claire.
爸爸
Daddy.
我们有些客人要走了
Some of our guests are leaving.
咱们周一见,好吗?
l’ll see you on Monday, okay?
哦,克莉
Oh, Claire.
什么事?
Yeah?
是斯丹福
lt was Stamford.
什么?
Excuse me?
在伦敦的酒吧里
At the bar in London.
是他把沃斯顿介绍给赫姆的
He’s the one who introduced Watson to Holmes.
这也许为你节省了一点时间
Might save you some time after everybody’s done in there.
你知道我用多久写这个吗?
You know how long l worked on that?
不是一个“信念的完美季节”
“One season of faith’s perfection”?
感觉像写了两、三个季节
Feels like l worked on it for two or three seasons.
哦,你在那种听不见我说话的状态
Oh, you’re in that place where you can’t even hear me.
比如我可以问你为何从不出去…
Like l could ask why you never moved from here…
– …你也不会生气… – 第三段的开头…
– …and you wouldn’t even get pissed… – Paragraph three starts…
…是个连词,“而且”
…with a conjunction, “and.”
不要用连词开句
Never start a sentence with a conjunction.
– 当然可以 – 哦,不行
– Sure you can. – Oh, no.
这是个定律
lt’s a firm rule.
不,不,不…
No, no, no, see…
…这曾经是个定律
…it was a firm rule.
如果句子开头用连词…
lf you use a conjunction at the start of a sentence…
…可以起到强调作用
…it can make it stand out a bit.
而且那就是作者的意图
And that may be what the writer wants.
那风险是什么?
And what is the risk?
风险是过分强调
Well, the risk is doing it too much.
就成了分心物,让文章有一口气不停的感觉
lt’s a distraction. lt could give the piece a run-on feeling.
但大多数情况下,开句“而且”…
But for the most part, the rule on “and” or “but”…
…或“但是”的规则还是不确定的
…at the start is still pretty shaky.
虽然很多学校的很多老师是这样教的
Even though it’s taught in many schools by many teachers.
有些伟大的作家长♥期♥忽视了这个规则
Some of the best writers have ignored that rule for years…
…包括你在内
…including you.
好啊,你把…
Well, you’ve taken…
…我的一些东西…
…something which was mine…
…变成你的了
…and made it yours.
这真是个成就
That’s quite an accomplishment.
谢谢
Thank you.
题目还是我的,不是吗?
The title is still mine, isn’t it?
是吧
l guess.
是周围的环境变了,不是我
Now, it was the neighborhood that changed. Not me.
我没看见啥
l ain’t seen nothing change.
你“没看见啥”?
You “ain’t seen nothing”?
这是什么鬼句子?啊?
What in the hell kind of sentence is that? Huh?
你在这儿时,不要用你在外面的方式说话
When you’re in here, don’t talk like you do out there.
我给你开玩笑而已
l was messing with you, man. lt was a joke.
我想听听那时的周围…
l want to hear about the neighborhood…
…回去人们还读你的书
…back when people still read your book.
你说什么?
What did you say?
没什么
Nothing.
你说“回去人们还读你的书”
You said, “back when people still read my book.”
不是吗?
Didn’t you?
我们有二十四本
We have 24 copies.
但很抱歉,都被借出了
But l’m sorry. They’re checked out.
哦,还是谢谢你
Oh. Well, thank you, anyway.
不用谢
You’re welcome.
借到了吗?
Any luck?
你有登记名字等候吗?
Did you get on the waiting list?
是的,伙计,你的书都被借走了
Yeah, man, your book was checked out.
还有,没错…
And yes…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!