哦,上帝,你折了一页
Oh, Christ, you’ve dog-eared one of them.
尊重一下作者,好吗?
Show a little respect for the author, huh?
那就是你,对吗?
That’s you, isn’t it?
你就是作者
You’re the author.
我读完了,还不赖,特别是…
l read the whole thing. lt’s not bad. Especially…
嘿…
Hey…
…我知道它是啥
…l know what it is.
我不用再听别人告诉我他们的想法
l don’t need another person telling me what they think it is.
我没要那样说
l wasn’t gonna say that.
那你要说什么?
What were you gonna say?
我该告诉你我的一切?
l should tell you everything about me?
我跟你说了我的事
l told you about me.
你可以借此学学…
You could learn a little something about…
…什么叫抑制
…holding back.
如果我要求你不要跟任何人…
lf l ask you not to say anything to anybody…
…说任何关于这儿我们的事…
…about here, us…
…你能保密吗?
…is that something l can trust you on?
可以
Yeah.
我保证
l promise.
好的
Fine.
如果我要你继续帮助我的写作呢?
And if l ask you to keep helping me with my writing?
不能问任何…
There’ll be no questions…
…关于我,我的家庭…
…about me, my family…
…或为何只写了一本书的问题
…or why there was only one book.
那我就不问了
Then l won’t ask.

Good.
晚安吧
And good night.
感觉是怎样的?
What’s it feel like?
什么?
What?
像你那样写作
Writing something the way you did.
也许你会发现的
Perhaps you’ll find out.
听着,你这个武大郎
Listen, you 5-foot-nothing.
他大概还睡婴儿床
He’s probably still sleeping in the crib.
肯左,你到底多大了?
Kenzo, how old are you again?
为啥这么问?
Why?
瞧你的脸!这是你妈弄的吗?
Look at your face! Did your mom do that to you?
她太早生了你
She started you young.
知道那是从啥开始的吗?吃太多曲奇饼了
You know where that starts from? Eating too much cookie.
特芮莎告诉我的,她告诉我的
Teresa told me. She told me.
我就喜欢大,你觉得不爽吗?
l like them big. You got a problem?
我就喜欢大
l like them big.
那么大?
That big?
就像我跟你们的妈妈一块时一样
lt’s like when l’m with all three of your mothers.
– 你不准说我妈 – 等等,小鸡鸡
– You’re not talking about my mother. – Hold on, Oscar Mayer wiener.
别吹牛了,你那天被打的,像个婆娘一样
Stop playing. You got beat like Tina in school one day.
我看见杜克扇了你好几掌
l seen Duke smack you up.
听着,反弹给你妈妈
Listen, throw it at your mama.
所有的谩骂都反弹给你妈妈
Everything tilts towards your mama.
你妈妈才对,别反弹你妈妈了
Your mama. Stop throwing your mama.
你为啥笑?
Why you laughing?
伙计,你的眼镜大的像汽水瓶
Yo, man, your glasses are like Coke bottles.
好经典
Classics.
– 你见过著名的人吗? – 多著名?
– You ever met somebody famous? – How famous?
比如,我不知道…
Like, l don’t know…
…人们会认识的人
…somebody people would know.
那样的人不会来这儿,伙计
Nobody like that comes around here, man.
你确定留下来了?
So, you here for good now?
对,我只是刚刚开始
Yeah, l’m just trying to get started.
起码它们看起来不错
Well, at least they look good.
对吗?
Right?
今年的写作竞赛已经确定时间了
This year’s writing competition has now been scheduled.
想参加的人作品必须在…
For those who choose to take part, entries must be turned in…
…寒假前上交
…before spring break.
这就表示你们还可以拖延几个月
Meaning, you still have a few months of procrastination.
尽管去试验先发制人的写法吧,那…
Feel free to experiment with a more proactive approach. The…
沃勒斯先生!
Mr. Wallace!
请留步
Please.
我今天早上有机会…
l had a chance this morning…
…看了一些你以前学校送来的资料
…to review the files sent over by your former school.
评估成绩,非常突出
Test scores, impressive.
实际课堂作业…
Actual classroom work…
…没那么突出
…not so impressive.
这会是…
ls this…
…我将看到的水平吗,沃勒斯先生?
…the level of work l should anticipate, Mr. Wallace?
因为如果是的话…
Because if it is…
…它将帮助我决定我是当你做学生…
…it will help me determine whether l should treat you as a student…
…还是来追求…
…or as someone here simply to pursue…
我怎么说好呢?
How should l put it?
其他目的的人?
Other endeavors?
当然你的作业会给你充分的机会回答我
Of course your work will give you ample opportunity to respond.
再见,沃勒斯先生
Good day, Mr. Wallace.
你知道吗,你刚才处理的对
Just so you know, you handled that the right way.
这怎么说?
How’s that?
你啥都没说
You didn’t say anything.
说了的人才会有麻烦
lt’s the ones that do that run into trouble.
– 我是约翰·科瑞 – 贾默·沃勒斯
– John Coleridge. – Jamal Wallace.
那有多少人是说了的?
So how many people do say something?
说了还留在克福的班里的?
And actually stay in Crawford’s class?
不多
Not many.
我没听见你说的
l missed what you said.
我什么都没说
l didn’t say anything.
这些你全都读过了?
You read all these?
不,我只是用它们来取悦我的客人
No, l just keep them to impress all my visitors.
你的客人
All your visitors.
我们在学校讨论你的书
We talk about your book at school.
人们都讨论好多年了
People have been talking about it for years.
他们没说出什么有意义的东西
They just haven’t been saying anything.
但我觉得我弄懂了
Yeah, l think l got it down, though.
我想你写的是人生为何总不顺利
l figure you were writing about how life never works out.
真的吗?你得读一本书才明白这道理
Oh, really? You had to read a book to figure that out?
是的,但总之克福都说错了
Yeah, but Crawford’s messed up on it anyhow.
他说书中战后有困难的人是你
Says the guy having trouble after the war is really you.
象征着你跟所有人发生的问题
Some symbolism shit for the problems you were having with everybody.
是罗勃·克福?
Robert Crawford?
对,但我想那是废话
Yeah, l think it’s bullshit, though.
我想的确是另有其人
l think there really was somebody else.
尤汉森先生?
Mr. Johannsen?
拿着
Here.
马西先生!又一次拜访你最爱的地方了
Mr. Massie! Another trip to your favorite destination.
我今天买♥♥了四袋东西,我可以放它们在门口
l’ve got four bags today. l can leave them.
哦,不,不
Oh, no, no.
进来吧
Come right in.
你好吗,尤汉森先生?
How you doing, Mr. Johannsen?
离太阳下山还有一个半小时
At least a half-hour before the sun goes down.
那时你就可以提心吊胆地开车回曼哈顿了
Then you can begin your panic-driven quest back to Manhattan.
这些够你用到下周的了
This should last you till next week.
你的信件在…
Your mail is in…
…这儿
…this one.
– 尤汉森先生? – 必需品在…
– Mr. Johannsen? – Essentials are in…
必需品?
Essentials?
我帮你交了费,把单据放在这儿
l took care of your bills, and l put all the copies in this one.
电♥话♥公♥司♥问你是否还需要服务…
The phone company wonders if you still want service…
…因为你没有电♥话♥打来,都快六…好吧
…as you haven’t had a call in six… Okay.
我帮你买♥♥了下几周的袜子
l got your socks for the next couple weeks…
…它们在这儿
…which are in this one.
我帮你在会计那儿拿了最近的支票
And l have your latest check from accounting.
他们想知道你是否兑现了上一张
They wanted to know if you cashed the last one.
记录还是显示未付
lt’s still showing up outstanding.
没有以前那么多了
Not as outstanding as it once was.
抱歉,我不知道你有客人
l’m sorry, l didn’t realize you had company.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!