Then l’m sure the board will consider that when reviewing your scholarship.
你没有给我们太多选择,贾默
You haven’t left us with too many options, Jamal.
抱歉
Excuse me.
永远不要在我的课上让我难堪
Don’t ever embarrass me in front of my class.
写完后请把笔交还
Please return the pen when you’re finished.
今天不打招呼了?
No conventional greetings today?
为什么让我重写你发表的文章?
Why have me rewrite something you published?
– 说得小心点 – 为啥不告诉我杂♥志♥发表过?
– Be careful where you take this. – Why not tell me some magazine ran it?
这有啥关系?
Why the hell does it matter?
你应该告诉我
Man, you should have told me.
你把它怎么了
What did you do with it?
我上交了
l turned it in.
我上交了,我得证明些东西给他们看
l turned it in. l had to show them something.
你保证我们在这儿写的只能留这儿
You promised me anything we wrote in here would stay in here.
我知道!
l know!
– 我只是想… – 闭嘴
– l just thought… – Shut up.
他们让你干嘛?
What are they telling you?
我不写道歉信的话,就得被察看
l go on probation unless l write a letter saying l was wrong.
那就写吧
Then write the letter.
我说了我啥都不写
l said l’m not writing anything.
你整了他,他整了你,写吧
You got him, he gets you. Write the letter.
你就让他这么做?
And you’d let him do that?
这是妈的又一堂课吗?
ls this supposed to be another damn lesson?
我厌倦了每次来上那些课
l’m tired of all these lessons every time l come here.
你的标题在我的论文上
So your title’s at the top of my paper.
– 这是啥教训? – 又不是我上交的
– What’s the lesson in that? – l’m not the one who turned it in.
没错,但你只要说…
Yeah, but you were the one who just had to say:
“把这篇留下,它在《纽约客》发表过”
“Keep this one here because it got printed in The New Yorker,”
你只要说这些就够了
That’s all you had to say, man.
– 我需要些帮忙 – 哦,不,那是不可能的
– l could use some help on this one. – Oh, no. That’s not an option.
– 你根本不必去… – 我说了那是不可能的
– You don’t even have to go… – l said that’s not an option.
那好吧,伙计
That’s all right, man.
反正我习惯了人们不帮我
Got a nice history of people not helping me.
哦,上帝,少来那些自怜自哀的废话
Oh, Christ. Not that self-pity, father bullshit.
你说什么?
What did you say?
去你的,威廉!
Man, fuck you, William!
我这次忍♥受的废话其实是…
The real bullshit is me taking it on this one…
…因为你不想走出那扇门…
…because you won’t walk out the door…
…为其他人干点事,你太他妈的胆小了!
…and do something for somebody else. You’re too damn scared, man!
那就是唯一的理由
That’s the only damn reason.
你压根不知道什么是理由
You don’t know a goddamn thing about reasons.
根本没有理由!
There are no reasons!
有些人活着有些却死了,这有理由吗!
Reasons why some of us live and why some of us don’t.
还好你还有好几十年去搞明白!
Fortunately, you have decades to figure that out.
写了一柜子的东西,却没人看过这是什么理由?
What’s the reason for having a cabinet full of writing nobody ever reads?
这是什么理由?
What is that, man?
我不想再来了
l’m done with this shit.
再传球给他
Give him the ball again.
哦,瞧,贾默·沃勒斯来拜访我们了
Oh, look. Jamal Wallace, here to pay us a visit.
嗨!
What’s up?
– 嗨,伙计! – 嗨,你们
– What’s up, man? – What’s up, y’all?
来吧
Come on.
我知道了,我见过了
l know, l know. l’ve seen it.
在麦迪逊花♥园♥的首次比赛如何?
How’s your first game in the Garden feel?
实力比我想象中接近
A little closer than l thought.
所以我觉得我们应该现在谈谈
That’s why l thought it might be a good time for us to talk.
我知道你打球,让你难以平衡学习
l know it’s difficult handling classes with the time you spend on the court.
我就不可能承受这种负荷,至少在这学校不行
l couldn’t handle that load. Not at this school.
或许我们要你做到是不公平的
And maybe it was unfair of us to ask you to do it.
我跟校董会的人和克福谈了
l talked to the board members and to Crawford…
…我们…
…and…
我们不想强迫你做你不想做的
…we don’t want to pursue this any more than you do. Any of it.
我现在给你个方案,我们会忘记整件事
l’m here to present you with an offer. We forget about the whole thing.
明年,你的学术安排会比较轻松
Next year, your academic schedule will be less demanding.
你是说克福想这么做?
You mean Crawford wanted that?
克福只是想你和学校都好
Crawford wants what’s best for you and for the school.
那,我该干嘛?
So, what am l supposed to do?
你要在巡回赛最后拿到冠军的奖杯
You hold up a championship trophy at the end of this tournament.
你做到那,我就做到其他的
You make that happen, l’ll make the rest of it happen.
好吗?
All right?
现在去完成今晚的赛事吧
Now go finish up what you came here to do.
加油朝圣队!加油,朝圣队!
Let’s go, Pilgrims! Let’s go, Pilgrims!
好的,来吧,传给贾默!
Okay, let’s go! Throw it to Jamal!
妈的,伙计,加油啊!
Damn, man. Come on, man!
防守!防守!
Defense! Defense!
贾默,抢球啊!
Jamal, get the ball!
好样的,好样的,过来这儿
Good pass, man. Good pass. Get up there.
拿起来!
Pick it up!
技术犯规!罚球!
Offensive foul! That way!
金色队十号♥,技术犯规!罚球
Ten, gold. Offensive! That way.
好的,你拿球了,来吧
Okay, you got them now. Let’s go.
暂停!暂停!
Time-out! Time-out!
我们还是会赢的
This is still our game.
我们在这儿停,他们会逼我们到边界
We make a stop here, they’ll have to put us on the line.
一那样就完了,别打乱了节奏
When that happens, it’s all over. Don’t lose your composure out there.
如果他们得分,我们不会叫暂停的
lf they score, we don’t call a time-out.
球传给哈维或沃勒斯
The ball goes to Hartwell or Wallace.
好吧?哈维或沃勒斯,走吧,大家
Okay? Hartwell or Wallace. Let’s go, guys.
加油!
Go!
比分多少了?
What’s the score?
不怎么妙,妈,不怎么妙
lt ain’t looking good, Ma. lt ain’t looking good.
犯规,蓝队二十二号♥!二投
Foul, 22 blue! Two shots.
蓝队二十二号♥犯规,二投,大家准备好
Foul’s blue team, 22. Hit, two. Go line up, guys.
二投
Two shots.
加油,我们可以的
Come on. We’re gonna make these.
我不敢看
l can’t look.
没事的,妈
lt’s gonna be all right, Ma.
投啊
Do it.
妈的
Damn.
还剩一投
One shot.
比赛结束
That’s game.
感谢上帝
Thank God!
他肯定是在我们走后回来的
He must have come in after we left.
让他睡吧
Let him sleep.
– 我去帮他关灯 – 关灯然后出来
– l’m gonna turn his bedroom light off. – Turn it off and come on.
你得收拾一下房♥间了,贾默
You started cleaning up your room, Jamal.
那只小狗自得其乐,瞧,耳朵垂下…
He looks very happy with himself, that coyote, Look, ears down…,
贾默写给你的
Jamal, he wrote that for you.
什么时候?
When?
比赛完了后
After the game.
他今天早上会学校
He’s going back to the school this morning.
但是,真奇怪
lt’s funny, though.
他们早上让你走的很远…
They always let you get but so far…
…然后就把一切从你身边夺走
…before they take everything away from you.
天,他真是个好孩子,但却倒了这个霉
God, he’s such a good kid, man. Then he gets to come back to this shit.
这儿没人吗?
That seat open?
是吧
l think so.
这里不是我想会找到你的地方
This isn’t exactly where l thought l’d find you.
这里还是我的学校
This is still my school.
他们想赶走我,得自己动手
They want me out, they’ll have to do it themselves.
他们会的
They will.
随便吧
Whatever.
冬天的冷和暗,只是暂时的前奏…
“The winter’s darkness and cold is but a momentary prelude…
…去往春天的新时光,虽然它的控制看似无尽…
…to the new day of spring. And while its grip seems endless…
…我们的毅力也是如此,我们再次整装自己…
…our perseverance proves equal. We renew ourselves once again…
…寻找明亮的一刻来…
…seeking out the bright moments that will serve…
…来做…
That will serve therefore….
来成为我们未来的基础
Therefore serve as the foundation of our future.”
谢谢
Thank you.
克福教授…
Professor Crawford…
…我能说几句吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!