算了
Never mind.
嘿 那是我的车
Hey! That’s my car!
我家在一座公♥寓♥大厦的15楼 这里像是排列着
Home was a condo on the 15th floor of a filing cabinet
寡妇和年轻白领的档案柜
for widows and young professionals.
墙壁都是坚硬的混凝土
The walls were solid concrete.
当你的隔壁邻居摘下她的助听器 必须要用最大音量
A foot of concrete’s important when your next-door neighbor
看游戏节目的时候 这一英尺的混硬土墙显得尤为重要
lets her hearing aid go and has to watch game shows at full volume.
或是当那些曾经属于你的
Or when a volcanic blast of debris
家具和私人物品被炸出你那全封闭的窗子
that used to be your furniture and personal effects
飞出的碎片发出火山般的咆哮在夜空中燃烧时 也是如此
blows out of your fully sealing windows and sails flaming into the night.
这种事在所难免吧
I suppose these things happen.
上面 什么都没有了
There’s… nothing up there.
你不能进去 这是警方的命令
You can’t go into the unit. Police orders.
你有可以求助的朋友吗
Do you have somebody you can call?
真丢人 一屋子的调味料却没有食物
How embarrassing. A house full of condiments and no food.
之后警方会跟我说 可能是常燃小火熄灭了
The police would later tell me that the pilot light might have gone out,
泄漏了一点儿天然气
letting out a little bit of gas.
这点儿天然气慢慢充满整个公♥寓♥
That gas could have slowly filled the condo.
这对于一个有着挑高屋顶的160平♥米♥房♥间要花上好几天
1700 square feet with high ceilings for days and days.
然后冰箱压缩机启动了
Then the refrigerator’s compressor could have clicked on.
喂
Yeah?
我听到你呼吸了 你
I can hear you breathing, you…
你现在问我的话 我也说不上来为什么要打给他
If you ask me now, I couldn’t tell you why I called him.
– 你好 – 谁啊
– Hello? – Who’s this?
Tyler吗
Tyler?
– 你是谁 – 呃
– Who is this? – Um…
我们在飞机上见过
We met… we met on the airplane.
我们有一样的手提箱
We had the same suitcase?
– 呃 那个聪明人 – 噢 是你啊
– Uh… the clever guy. – Oh… oh yeah. Right.
我刚给你打电♥话♥了 但没人接电♥话♥ 我用的是公共电♥话♥
I called a second ago. There… there was no answer. I’m at a payphone.
对 我打*69查了刚打来的号♥码 我从来不接电♥话♥
Yeah, I *69’d you. I never pick up my phone.
在美国 拨♥打♥*69可以查到刚才给你打电♥话♥的号♥码
– 找我有事吗 – 呃
– So what’s up? – Uh…
那个
Well…
说了你也不会信
You’re not gonna believe this.
老兄 这还不算糟的
You know, man, it could be worse.
有的女人还可能趁你睡觉的时候
A woman could cut off your penis while you sleep
割下你的老二扔出车外呢
and toss it out of the window of a moving car.
总是会这样
There’s always that.
每次买♥♥家具的时候 你都告诉自己
I don’t know, it’s just… When you buy furniture, you tell yourself:
到此为止 这是我所需要的最后一个沙发
That’s it. That’s the last sofa I’m gonna need.
不管再发生什么 沙发的问题已经解决了
Whatever else happens, I’ve got that sofa problem handled.
我什么都买♥♥了 我有一套相当好的立体音响
I had it all. I had a stereo that was very decent.
一组高档体面的衣柜
A wardrobe that was getting very respectable.
我的人生就要完整了
I was close to being complete.
– 妈的 现在全没了 – 全没了
– Shit, man. Now it’s all gone. – All gone.
对 全没了
Yeah. All gone.
你知道羽绒被是什么吗
Do you know what a duvet is?
– 一种被子 – 一个铺盖 只是个铺盖而已
– A comforter. – It’s a blanket. Just a blanket.
为什么我们会知道羽绒被是什么
Why do guys like us know what a duvet is?
在原始狩猎者的世界中 难道它是生存的必需品吗
Is this essential to our survival in the hunter-gatherer sense of the world?
不是
No.
那我们是什么
What are we, then?
不知道 消费者吗
I dunno. Consumers.
没错 我们是消费者
Right. We’re consumers.
我们是痴迷于时尚生活方式的副产品
We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession.
谋杀 犯罪 贫困 这些我都不关心
Murder, crime, poverty. These things don’t concern me.
我关心的是名人杂♥志♥
What concerns me are celebrity magazines,
有500个频道的电视
television with 500 channels,
内衣裤上印着谁的名字
some guy’s name on my underwear.
生发剂 伟哥 脱脂油
Rogaine. Viagra. Olestra.
– 还有玛莎·斯图尔特 – 去他妈的玛莎·斯图尔特
– Martha Stewart. – Fuck Martha Stewart.
玛莎·斯图尔特是美国亿万富翁 也是名副其实的家政女王
她是在泰坦尼克号♥上擦铜器 都得沉到底 伙计
Martha’s polishing the brass on the Titanic. It’s all going down, man.
所以别他妈再管你的沙发组还有什么丝锥牌绿条纹沙发套了
So fuck off with your sofa units and Strinne green stripe patterns.
要我说 残缺的才是人生
I say never be complete.
别再追求完美
I say stop being perfect.
我说 让我们进化
I say let… let’s evolve.
顺其自然 水来土掩
Let the chips fall where they may.
但这只是我个人观点 不一定正确
But that’s me, and I could be wrong.
也许是场可怕的灾难
Maybe it’s a terrible tragedy.
就 就是些身外物 不是什么灾难
It’s.. it’s just stuff. Not a tragedy…
你确实失去了很多现代生活的工具
Well, you did lose a lot of versatile solutions for modern living.
操 你说得对 不 我不抽烟
Fuck, you’re right. No, I don’t smoke.
保险公♥司♥应该会赔偿我的 所以
My insurance is probably gonna cover it, so…
怎么
What?
你已经被自己的财产奴役了
The things you own end up owning you.
不过随你吧 伙计
But do what you like, man.
很晚了
Oh, it’s late.
– 嘿 谢谢你请我喝酒 – 没事 伙计
– Hey, thanks for the beer. – Yeah, man.
我得找个旅馆才行
I should find a hotel.
– 哦 – 怎么了
– Oh! – What?
什么
What?
– 找旅馆 – 是啊
– A hotel? – Yeah.
直接开口啊 老兄
Just ask, man.
你说什么呢
What are you talking about?
拜托 都一起喝了三大扎啤酒 你还不敢问
Oh, God. Three pitchers of beer and you still can’t ask.
– 什么 – 你给我打电♥话♥就是想找个地方住
– What? – You called me ’cause you needed a place to stay.
– 嘿 不 我不是 – 就是 你开口就是了
– Oh, hey. No, no, no. – Yes, you did. So just ask.
别客套了 直接说吧 伙计
Cut the foreplay and just ask, man.
会 会麻烦到你吗
Would… would that be a problem?
你开口会麻烦到吗
Is it a problem for you to ask?
– 我能到你家借住吗 – 好啊
– Can I stay at your place? – Yeah.
谢谢
Thanks.
– 我要你帮我一个忙 – 好啊 当然可以
– I want you to do me a favor. – Yeah, sure.
我要你用尽全力打我一拳
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
什么
What?
我要你用尽全力打我一拳
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
让我先介绍一下Tyler Durden
Let me tell you a little bit about Tyler Durden.
Tyler是个夜猫子 我们睡觉的时候他却在工作
Tyler was a night person. While the rest of us were sleeping, he worked.
他的一个兼♥职♥是做电影放映师
He had one part-time job as a projectionist.
一部电影不是一大卷胶片 而是分了几卷
You see, a movie doesn’t come all on one big reel. It comes on a few.
这就需要有人在一卷放完另一卷开始时
So someone has to be there to switch the projectors at the exact moment
准确切换放映机
that one reel ends and the next one begins.
仔细看的话
If you look for it,
你会在荧幕右上方看到这些小点
you can see these little dots come into the upper right hand corner of the screen.
用行话说叫香烟烙点
In the industry, we call them cigarette burns.
那就是换下一卷的提示
That’s the cue for a changeover.
他切换了放映机 电影继续如常放映
He flips the projectors, movie keeps right on going,
观众们都毫不知情
and noboday in the audience has any idea.
怎么会有人想做这种烂工作
Why would anyone want this shit job?
因为这样他就能做怪
‘Cause it affords him other interesting opportunities.
比如把一帧色情电影情节剪进家庭电影中
Like splicing a single frame of pornography into family films.
所以当名人配音的傲慢小猫
So when the snooty cat and the courageous dog
和勇敢小狗在第三胶卷中第一次碰面的时候
with the celebrity voices meet for the first time in reel three,
你将会看到Tyler的杰作在电影里一闪而过
that’s when you’ll catch a flash of Tyler’s contribution to the film.
没有人会察觉自己看到了 但他们的确看到了
Nobody knows that they saw it but they did.
一根超级棒的大屌♥
Nice, big cock.
在本片片尾将会看到
Tyler的小动作快到没法察觉
Even a hummingbird couldn’t catch Tyler at work.
Tyler有时也在普莱斯曼豪华大酒店做宴会服务员
Tyler also works sometimes as a banquet waiter at the luxurious Pressman Hotel.
他简直是食品服务业的游击恐♥怖♥份♥子♥
He was the guerrilla terrorist of the food service industry.
别看着我 我会尿不出来
Do not watch. I cannot go when you watch.
除了给龙虾浓汤加料外
Apart from seasoning the lobster bisque,
他还对着糕点放屁 朝红烩莴苣打喷嚏
he farted on meringues, sneezed on braised endives…
至于蘑菇汤里面的奶油嘛
and as for the cream of mushroom soup, well…
– 说啊 告诉他们 – 你们懂的
– Go ahead, tell ’em. – You get the idea.
你想让我做什么 就打你一拳吗
What do you want me to do? You just want me to hit you?
来吧 就帮我这一个忙
Come on. Do me this one favor.
– 为什么 – 我也不知道为什么 从来没打过架 你呢
– Why? – Why? I don’t know why. I don’t know. Never been in a fight. You?
没有 但 这是件好事啊
No. But that… that’s a good thing.
才不是好事 从来没打过架 你能了解自己多少