他秃头 书中人有头发 而且他们来自不同的州
The congressman’s bald. This guy’s not and he’s from a different state.
我们不卖♥♥书就完蛋
Without those books we’re screwed. – Fine.
但如果要我出庭证明这非影射
But to prove that it’s not based on this congressman,
我就得知道真♥相♥
I have to know the truth.
我们关起门来说
Now, strictly between these walls, all right?
作者跟国会议员是否有奸♥情♥?
Did the author have an affair with mr Ohio or not?
是 她有
Yeah, she did.
但她与其他政客也有染
But she had a lot of affairs with other politicians.
他们任何一个都可以这么说
Any one of them could make the same claim.
她发誓人物纯属虚构 我才跟她通过电♥话♥
She swears this character’s fictitious. I just phoned her.
你相信她?
And you believe her?
是 我相信她
Yeah, I believe her.
真♥相♥摊开了 怎样才能解除禁止令?
Now that’s on the table, what can we do to lift that injunction?
我们可有办法联络国会议员?
Can we get to the congressman?
我们可不可以捐竞选经费 收买♥♥他们?能不能吓唬他?
They take campaign contributions. Can we buy or frighten them off?
他过去有甚么把柄?我们需要用点手段
Is there something in his past? We need to use some leverage.
饶了我吧
Give me a break, will you?
快撑开
Come on.
快撑开
Come on!
快撑开
Come on.
台♥湾♥制♥造♥的吗? -是 很难叫车子
Was it made in Taiwan? – Yeah. These are tough to find.
等一下 有一辆
Wait, wait. Here. We got one.
不
Come on!
你想不想去喝一杯?
Want to go get a drink until it stops?
好
Yeah, I’d love it.
Come on.
我处理过的最奇怪的案子?
The strangest case I ever handled?
那是我遇过最奇的案子
The truth was, I never actually handled the case.
但我没真正经手
But the strangest case I ever came near to
父母离婚时
was when my parents got divorced.
母亲聘我做代表律师
My mother asked me to represent her.
你说笑吧? -我当时也是这样说
You’re kidding? – That’s what I said.
她说:你目睹这婚姻二十九年
She said, “you know what an asshole he is.”
知道他有多可恶
“You’ve been a witness to this marriage for 29 years.”
你信不信我妈说出这种话 -不 你怎样推掉?
This is coming from my mother. – How did you get out of it?
母命难违
Well, you can’t turn your mom down.
我搪塞说这不是我专长
So, I escaped on a technicality.
怎么说? -我不是家务律师
Which was what? – I didn’t practise family law.
这是实情 她吃这套
It was true, you know. And she bought it.
这是你编的故事? -我会编这种故事?
You’re making it up. – Could I make that up?
服务生
Waiter?
我常来这家餐厅吃 -是 我注意到了
I’ve got a lot of pull here. – I noticed.
他们认识我 小姐
你要不要咖啡? -好
Coffee? – I’d love one.
请来两杯咖啡
Two coffees, please.
我告诉你…
Well, I tell you…
来一支吗? -不抽 谢谢
Do you want one? – No, thank you.
当律师很好玩 就像医生…
It’s funny being a lawyer. It’s like being a doctor.
人人把心中秘密告诉你
Everybody’s telling you their innermost secrets.
你必须要小心谨慎 -是
You must have to be discreet. – God, yeah.
你是吗?
Are you?
我甚么?
Am I what?
小心谨慎
Discreet.
我是的
Yes, I’m discreet.
我也是
Me, too.
我能请问你吗? -甚么?
Can I ask you something? – What?
你为何没约会?
Why don’t you have a date?
今天是周末 -我原本有约会的
It’s Saturday night. – I did have a date.
我爽约了 我打那通电♥话♥取消
I stood him up. That was the phone call I made.
你听了很高兴吧?
Does that make you feel good?
没有使我难过
It doesn’t make me feel bad.
你太太呢?
So, where’s your wife?
我太太?
Where’s my wife?
我太太下乡回娘家度周末
My wife is in the country with her parents, visiting for the weekend.
你却与陌生女子消遣
You’re here with a strange girl being a naughty boy.
我不认为吃顿饭是罪过
Having dinner with somebody isn’t a crime.
暂时不是
Not yet.
以后会是吗? -不知道 你认为呢?
Will it be? – I don’t know. What do you think?
这铁定要看你了
I definitely think it’s up to you.
我还难说 尚未拿定主意
I can’t say yet. I haven’t made up my mind.
至少你非常诚实
At least you’re very honest.
我们在酒会上很明显彼此吸引
We were attracted to each other at the party. That was obvious.
你今晚独自一人 这也很明显
You’re on your own for the night. That’s also obvious.
我们都是成年人
We’re two adults.
我们结♥帐♥吧
Let’s get the check.
刚才好美妙 -是
That was great. – Thank god.
你精力还旺不旺盛?
Are you feeling energetic?
你有甚么点子?
What do you have in mind?
我住在这上面
I live up here.
这幢楼? -是的
In this building? – Yeah.
哪儿有计程车?
Well, where do I get a cab, you know?
你在电梯里做过吗?
Ever done it in an elevator?
最近没有 -我敢说你没做过
Not recently. – I bet you haven’t.
对不起 宝贝
I’m sorry, baby. I’m sorry.
你好吗?
How are you?
你怎么了?
Hi. What happened to you?
我之前也打过给你 你大概还没回来
I tried you earlier. I guess you’re not back yet.
我要睡了 明早打给我
I’m gonna go to bed now, so call me in the morning. Bye-bye.
丹 亲爱的 我们都等你
Hello? Dan, darling, we were expecting you.
抱歉 我要上班 -没关系
I’m sorry. I had work to do. – That’s ok.
我们想要你看♥房♥♥子 -我下次看
We wanted you to see that house. – Next time.
好 要跟贝丝讲话吗?
You want to speak to Beth?
要 拜讬 -等一下
Yes, please. – Hold on a second.
电♥话♥ 是丹 给你
The phone, it’s Dan. Here you are.
喂 你怎么了?
Hello. What happened to you?
嗨
Hi.
没甚么 我昨晚和比尔上馆子
Nothing. I just had dinner with bill last night.
他好吗?
How is he?
他…你知道… 还是老样子
He’s… bill’s, you know… Bill’s bill, the same as usual.
他仍跟那女子在一起?
Is he still with that girl?
昨夜没有 大概是吹了
Well, he wasn’t last night. I think it’s over.
他不喜欢…不要谈她
He wouldn’t talk about it.
你还在忙公事吗? -是的 我正在忙
Are you getting any work done? – Yeah, I’m working.
冰箱里有意大利面 你饿了就吃
There’s spaghetti sauce in the refrigerator.
好极了 爱伦好吗?
Great. Ok. How’s Ellen?
她开心极了 我担心她会累坏外公
She is having the best time. I just hope that dad survives it.
我该怎么说…
I don’t know how to tell you this.
她要一只兔子
But… she wants a rabbit.
贝丝 不准养兔子
Beth, no rabbits.
这个家快变成挪亚方舟
Jesus Christ! We’re turning into Noah’s ark.
拜讬 代我吻她 但勿作承诺
Please! Give her a kiss, all right? But no promises.
好 -你何时回来?
All right. – When are you coming home?
事情变得复杂了 那房♥子有问题
It’s complicated. There’s a problem with the house.
他们卖♥♥掉了
They sold it.
真有趣 不是 我们今天下午才进得去
Very funny. No. We can’t see it until late this afternoon.
我不想挤交通 想明天回家
I’m not up to fighting the traffic. I’ll come in tomorrow.
上学呢?
What about school?
她才五岁 怕她误了三角课?
She’s only five. What will she miss? Trigonometry?
好吧 明天我下班回家见
Yeah, ok. I’ll see you when I get home from work.
好 明天见
Ok. See you tomorrow.
好 玩得高兴点
Ok, thanks. Have a good time.
喂?
Yeah?
怎么了?我醒来时你不见了 我讨厌这样
What happened? I woke up. You weren’t here. I hate that.
你没见到我的字条吗 -甚么字条?
You didn’t get my note? – What note?
我留了字条…在床边
I left you a note right by your bed.
很好 我以为要一起消磨今天
That’s nice. I thought we were going to spend the day together.
我今天有很多事要办 不行
Look, I got so much work to do today. I can’t.
你来吧 我给你做午餐
Why don’t you come over? I’ll cook us lunch.
我要带狗散步 牠已关了一天
The poor dog hasn’t been out of the house.
我得带牠出去
I gotta take him out.
带狗来 我爱动物 而且烧得一手好菜
Bring the dog. I love animals. I’m a great cook. Come on.