嘿
Shh. Hey.
芭丝芭·艾佛丁
Bathsheba Everdene.
芭丝芭
Bathsheba.
我一直觉得这名字很怪
The name has always sounded strange to me.
不喜欢别人♥大♥声叫我
I don’t like to hearit said out loud.
我很小父母就过世了
Myparents died when I was veryyoung,
所以问不到这名字的由来
so there’s no one to ask where it came from.
我早已习惯自立自强
I’ve grown accustomed to being on my own.
也许有人会说太习惯了
Some say even too accustomed.
1870年英格兰多塞特
说我太独♥立♥
Too independent.
伦敦 200英里外
小姐
Miss!
小姐
Miss!
我的围巾
My scarf.
不小心掉了
I lost it.
你一定是农场主人欧克先生吧
You must be Farmer Oak.
是的 我叫盖布瑞尔
Gabriel, yes.
阿姨提过你
My aunt’s told me about you.
今年冬天我在她的农场工作
I’m working on her farm for the winter.
这农场是你的
This is your land.
我不该擅自闯入
I’m trespassing.
这里非常欢迎你
You’re welcome here.
再见 欧克先生
Good afternoon, Farmer Oak.
再见 小姐
Good afternoon, miss.
走开 乔治
Come by, George.
乔治 走开 够了 乔治
George, away! Enough, George!
够了
Enough!
不要动 不要动
Stand. Stand.
乔治 不要动
George, stand.
走开
Away!
走开
Away!
乔治 走开
George, away!
小乔治不懂得适可而止
He doesn’t know when to stop, Young George.
这只叫什么名字
What’s this one called?
老乔治
Old George.
老乔治
Old George.
你一定觉得我很好笑吧
So you find me amusing, do you?
天啊 是欧克先生
Goodness, it’s Mr. Oak.
她本来要当家庭教师
and after that she was gonna be a governess.
可惜个性太野
But she was far too wild.
一直都是这样
Always has been.
噢…
Oh!
芭丝芭·艾佛丁小姐
Miss Bathsheba Everdene.
这只小羊送给你
I’ve brought you a lamb.
喔
Oh!
谢谢你 欧克先生 它真可爱
Thank you, Mr. Oak. He’s such a dear thing.
它太早出生 可能活不过冬天
He’s come too soon and won’t last the winter,
我猜你会想要养它
so I thought you’d like to rear it instead.
谢谢 你人真好
Thank you, that’s very kind.
我去泡茶
I’ll make some tea.
其实我不是来送羊的
The lamb is not why I came.
你说啊
Go on.
艾佛丁小姐 我想问你
Well, Miss Everdene, I wanted to ask…
你愿意嫁给我吗
Would you like to marry me?
我以前没有求过婚
I’ve never asked anyone before.
是吗
No.
我想不要比较好
I should hope not.
好吧…
Well…
也许我应该…
Perhaps I, erm, I should…
也许我该走了
Perhaps I should leave. Mr. Oak,
欧克先生 事情没那么简单
there are things to consider.
你已经有对象了
Is someone waiting for you?
没有 但我不会因为这样就嫁给你
No, but that doesn’t mean I’ll marry you.
我先告辞了
Good day to you, then.
欧克先生
Mr. Oak!
欧克先生 等一下
Mr. Oak! Wait!
我没有不愿意嫁给你
I didn’t say I wouldn’t marry you, either.
只是我从没仔细考虑过这件事
I haven’t ever really thought about it.
我有一百亩地跟两百只羊
I have 100 acres and 200 sheep.
把钱付清后 农场就是我们的
If I pay off the money, the farm is ours.
再过一两年 你还能买♥♥架钢琴
You could have a piano in a year or two.
种花养鸟 搭棚子种黄瓜
Flowers and birds and a frame for cucumbers.
生一两个孩子
A baby or two.
-欧克先生 -或多生几个
-Mr. Oak… -Or more.
我会永远陪在你身边
I will always be there for you.
欧克先生 我不想要一个老公
Mr. Oak, I don’t want a husband.
我不喜欢自己变成男人的财产
I’d hate to be some man’s property.
如果不用变成某人的老婆
I shouldn’t mind being a bride at a wedding
我不介意当个新娘
if I could be one without getting a husband.
胡说八道
That’s stupid talk.
所以别娶我比较好 欧克先生
You are better off than I, Mr. Oak.
我除了念过书之外一无是处
I have an education and nothing more.
你可以找到比我更好的女人
You could do much, much better than me.
这不是真正的理由
That’s not the reason.
对你来说 我太独♥立♥了
I’m too independent for you.
我要嫁也会嫁给
If I ever were to marry,
能驯服我的人
I’d want somebody to tame me
你驯服不了我
and you’d never be able to do it.
你会越来越讨厌我
You’d grow to despise me.
我不会
I would not.
永远不会
Ever.
再见了 艾佛丁小姐
Good-bye, Miss Everdene.
怎么了 老家伙
What is it, old boy?
乖乖待着
Stay here.
乖乖待着 老乔治
Stay here, Old George.
别乱跑
Stay here.
乔治
George!
乔治
George!
不
No!
拿去吧
It’s all yours.
我们也不愿意这么做
We take no pleasure in this.
祝福你 欧克先生
We wish you well, Mr. Oak.
芭丝芭
Bathsheba.
怎么了
What is it?
亲爱的 是你过世叔叔的遗嘱
My love. It’s your poor uncle’s will.
里面写了什么
What does it say?
你自己看
Read it.
快看
Read!
他把财产都留给你了 全部归你
He’s left you everything. It’s all yours.
噢…
Oh!
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
你要好好保重
Take care, you hear.
走吧
Walk on.
再见
Bye.
谁愿意加入我们
So who will join us, lads?
哪个男子汉愿意
Which one of you fine boys
穿上这身红制♥服♥
will put on the scarlet uniform
光荣地为女王和国家效劳
and proudly serve his Queen and country?
游历四海
See the world.
请到前面排成一列
Form an orderly line, gentlemen, at the front.
那位戴草帽的男士
This gentleman in the straw hat,
请到前面来
step forward, sir.
我心爱的人在那里
That’s my sweetheart, right there.
站在美丽女士旁边的先生
You, sir, next to the pretty lady.
你的体格相当魁武
There’s a good strong figure of a man.
加入军队吧
Join us, sir.
去吧 你可以成为优秀的士兵
Go on. You’d make a fine soldier.
以你的条件随时都能加入
Always room in the ranks for a gentleman of your caliber.
吃住都不用愁
It’s a roof over your head. Food.
谁想要丰厚薪资
Who wants a fine wage?