我要我的土地
I want my land.
我嫁的人怎么变成了这样子
Whatever became of the man I married?
一定是被别人冒名顶替了
Some other man’s replaced him and goes about with his name.
凶杀暴徒就在你家里
A murderous insurgent under your own roof.
太可怕了
How horrible.
他是我见过最邪恶的家伙
He’s as ugly as sin and the most vicious creature
丑的像恶鬼
I’ve ever set eyes upon.
莎伦 你看到他了吗
Did you get a look at him, Shannon?
偷看了一眼
A peek.
莎伦 你的衣领怎么这样
Shannon, what is your collar doing?
它勒在脖子上不舒服
It’s choking me.
竖起来 勒着脖子总比粗俗要好
Well, do it up. Better to choke than to be vulgar.
有声音
I hear a noise.
希望是史蒂芬·蔡司先生
Let us hope it is Stephen Chase.
克里斯蒂先生 我们是来处理你的罪行的
We’ve come for your prisoner, Mr. Christie.
日安 克里斯蒂夫人 日安 夫人们
Good afternoon, Mrs. Christie. Good afternoon, ladies.
说曹操 曹操到
Speak of the sun and we see its rays.
天哪 我们吓坏了
Oh, my goodness, we were so frightened.
冷静点 我保证你们的安全
Now, now, keep calm. You’re safe and protected.
回去玩你们罪恶的纸牌吧
Go back to your sinful card playing.
莎伦 你好
Hello, Shannon.
史蒂芬 你好
Hello, Stephen.
噢 他真英俊啊
My, how handsome he is.
他是位聪明的小伙子 在三一学院受教育的
He’s a brilliant young man. He was educated at Trinity.
当然
Of course!
他料理我丈夫所有的生意
He manages all my husband’s business affairs.
你的女儿真幸运
Your daughter’s certainly a very lucky girl.
确实是
Yes, indeed.
莎伦 夫人们希望听你弹钢琴
Shannon, the ladies and I would like you to play the piano.

No.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
莎伦 来吧 弹些美妙动人的曲子吧
Come play something, Shannon. Something fanciful and nice.
她弹得真好
She plays beautifully.
莎伦 老天啊 孩子
Shannon, good gracious, child.
这是乐队音乐 妈妈
It’s band music, Mother.
乐队音乐
Band music?
很时髦的 美国音乐
It’s very modern. It’s from America.
莎伦 往后点
Shannon, stay back.
小心点 小子 你的命一钱不值
Careful, boy, your life’s worth little as it is.
你就是烧毁我爸爸房♥子的狗♥杂♥种♥
You’re the bastard that burned my father’s house.
我的确奉命烧毁很多房♥子 你的又有何例外
I’ve burned many houses in the line of duty. Am I meant to remember yours?
也许你会记住这次的
Maybe you’ll remember this.
明天早晨以枪决斗
Pistols, tomorrow at dawn.
把他弄到楼上去
Get him upstairs.

Go on!
女士们 请到客厅继续我们的消遣
Come, ladies. Let us resume our pleasantries in the parlor.
亲爱的 莎伦 你也来
Come here. You, too, Shannon.
我的小猴子 你的脑袋里想什么呢
What’s buzzing around inside that head of yours, my little monkey?
爸爸 今天已经被扰乱了
The day’s been disrupted, Father.
真糟糕
Heaven forbid.
我要逃走了
I’m running away.
对不起
Excuse me.
我来这里拿东西
There’s something in here I need.
可能你很纳闷我为什么要逃走
Perhaps you’re wondering why I’m running away.
我来告诉你
I’ll tell you.
我逃跑因为我是个时髦派
I’m running away because I’m modern.
我是个时髦派 所以我要去一个很时尚的地方
I’m modern and I’m going to a modern place.
你并不是唯一被关着的人
You’re not the only one who’s trapped.
如果我留下
If I stay here,
我妈会把我变得 和那些僵化的老女人一样
my mother will turn me into one of her stuffy old friends.
谢谢 不必了 我还不至于那么无聊
No, thank you. I’m a little more interesting than that.
我非常聪明又时髦
I’m very smart and very modern.
你只要了解这些就够了
That’s all you need to know about me.
小家伙 过来
Boy, here.
看看这个
Have a look at this.

Look!
你不识字 是吧 真可怜
You can’t read, can you? How pathetic.
这写着”土地”
“Land, ” it says.
土地
Land?
“征求 健康壮硕之男女”
“Wanted, strong, healthy men and women.”
“所有美国居民”
“Every resident of the United States”
“均可拥有65公顷土地”
“is entitled to 160 acres of land.”
他们的土地太多 所以免费赠送
They’ve got so much of it, they give it away for free.
在世界任何地方
No land is given away
绝对没有免费的土地
in any part of the world.
美国有 我就是要去那
In America it is, and I’m going there.
我会有我自己的地方
I’m going to have a place of my own.
我会在我的土地上养马
I’ll have horses on it and I’ll raise them,
而且我爱怎样骑就怎样骑
and I will ride them any way I please.
你还要那么多土地干什么
What do you need more land for?
你们掠夺的土地加起来 使得你拥有了爱尔兰一半的土地
You own half of Ireland as it is. They took it, your people did.
我没有掠夺土地
I didn’t take it.
你只是在这 依靠地租和我们的劳力 过着奢靡的生活
You just live here all fancied up on rent and broken backs.
小家伙 你说过你要土地
Boy, you said you wanted land.
要土地就跟我走
If that’s what you want, then come with me.
很多大船从都柏林和利物浦出发
Great ships sail out of Dublin and Liverpool,
但是女人不敢独自旅行
but a woman dare not travel alone. No.
你很勇敢 你敢开枪 还踩着别人的脖子
You’re brave. You shoot men. You step on their necks.
我那时就知道你会对我很有用
When I saw that, I realized you could be very useful to me.
我会 很有用
Useful, could I?
对 你可以当我的侍童
Yes. You could be my serving boy.
我懂了
I see.
我知道了 我可以为你擦靴子
I see, I could polish your boots for you.
靴子总是需要擦的
They will need a polish now and then.
对的
Aye.
是的 我还可以为你沏茶
Aye, they would, and I could make you a cup of tea.
对 到茶点时间就要沏茶
When teatime calls for it. Yes.
我会把茶倒在你脸上
I’ll throw the tea in your face
再在你的靴子上浇一泡尿
and piss on your boots before I serve the likes of you.
-出去 -不
-Get out. -No.
-我会每天付你三便士 -出去
-I’ll pay you three pence a day. -Get out!
我明天早晨虽有约 但我会守信的
I’ve an appointment in the morning and I’m going to honor it.
你和史蒂芬决斗是不会赢的
You’ll never win this duel with Stephen.
我们都看到你用枪的样子了
We’ve all seen you handle a gun.
小家伙 我在给你自♥由♥
Boy, I am giving you your freedom.
我不会去一个遥远的国家
I’m not going to a distant world.
我是爱尔兰人 至死不离爱尔兰
I’m of Ireland and I’ll stay in Ireland till I die.
你就剩下五个钟头了
That’s in about five hours.
这些武器曾经属于我祖父
These weapons belonged to my father’s father.
他祖父是个蠢驴
His father’s father was an ass.
我已经申请做你的决斗的助手
I’ve asked to serve as your second in this barbarism.
不胜感激 先生
I appreciate that, sir.
选一把枪吧
Choose one of those things.
你早餐吃得还好吗
You had a good breakfast this morning, did you?
-好极了 谢谢 -那就好
-It was grand, sir. Thank you. -Good, good.
各数15步
Count away, 15 paces.
-一 二 -这边走 孩子
-One, two… -This way, son.
三 四
Three four…
起雾了 我这一生就像一场息事宁人的大雾
Fog! My life is one long mollifying fog.
我的土地是继承来的
The land I hold I inherited.
它以其迷雾似的逻辑自生自灭
It manages itself with a foggy logic of its own.
孩子 我整晚都在想你的事
Son, I was up thinking about you all night long.
我不知道你家人被驱逐
I knew nothing of your family or their eviction.
我很抱歉令他们受苦
I’m sorry for their pain.
-我理解你为什么来谋杀我 -十三
-I understand why you came to murder me. -Thirteen…
-我也不怪你 -十四
-And I don’t blame you for it at all. -Fourteen…
十五
Fifteen!
两位转身 开枪
Turn, each man, and fire!
我什么都看不到
I can’t see anything!
我能
I can!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!