… but then again, none of us ever liked him.
当然 他的军队…被我们剩下的人瓜分掉了
And of course his power was carved up by the rest of us.
在他死前 我们拷打他
Before he died, we tortured him…
就为了知道他父亲帕曼纽是否知情
… to find out what his father Parmenion knew.
但是我们永远也不知道了
But this we never learned.
如何处置帕曼纽和他…看守着我们供给线的两万士兵
What to do with Parmenion and his 20,000 troops guarding our supply lines…
是一个更棘手的问题? 他真的完全不知情吗?
… was a far more delicate matter. Was he innocent in this?
或他打算在年老力薄前及时行动?
Or had he decided to act before age further withered his power?
士兵们会追随他们的国王 亚历山大并不在那
The men will follow their king. Alexander won’t be there.
亚历山大必须有所行动
Necessity required Alexander to act…
他在对菲洛塔斯的指控出现后的…一小时内就封闭了军营
… and he sealed the camp within the hour of the first accusations against Philotas.
你们去吧 安提柯斯 克雷塔斯
Then go, Antigonus, and Cleitus.
尽快动身
And go quickly.
三天艰苦的疾驰 安提柯斯和克雷塔斯
Three days’ hard riding sent Antigonus and Cleitus…
到了菲力浦最忠心的将军…帕曼纽身边
… to Parmenion, the general most loyal to Philip.
他的士兵接受了对帕曼纽有罪的指控
His soldiers accepted the finding of guilt against Parmenion…
因为他们也清楚地知道复仇的规则
… as they understood well the code of vengeance…
家族的首领有责任为这种行为负责
… that made the head of family responsible for the behavior of all.
我们中许多人都很高兴能摆脱 这棵自以为是的荆棘– 帕曼纽
Many of us felt we were better off without that pompous thorn, Parmenion…
而且亚历山大慷慨地提升了…我们所有人的地位
… as Alexander promoted all of us generously.
如果我们以亚历山大的名义…发行金条…遇到抵♥制♥
If we issue the gold bullion in the name of Alexander then we meet a resistance.
克雷塔斯 安提柯斯
Cleitus. Antigonus.
帕曼纽
Parmenion.
(马其顿 9年前)
来 亚历山大 酒能解愁
Come, Alexander, drink this sadness away.
如果干渴能赶走悲伤就好了 托勒密
If only thirst could quench sorrow, Ptolemy.
只有一件东西比打胜仗还棒 儿子
There’s only one thing better than winning a battle, son…
那就是新妇的味道
…and that’s the taste of a new woman.
比自怜自哀甜蜜多了
You’ll find it far sweeter than self-pity.
帕塞亚斯 你让我厌烦 亚历山大!
Pausanias, you bore me. Alexander!
自己走开 亚历山大 我给你找了个好女孩
Be gone with you. Alexander, I found you the right girl.
你叫什么名字? 安缇珈
What’s your name, darling? Antigone.
你叫什么名字? 安缇珈
What’s your name? Antigone.
我爱你 我也爱你 克雷塔斯
I love you. And I love you, Cleitus.
求你 别! 来吧
Please, no! There you go.
我会睡在自己的坟墓里 赫菲斯提安
I’ll sleep in my grave, Hephaistion.
活着的时候 我宁愿跳舞
While alive, I prefer dancing.
帕塞亚斯
Pausanias.
你的新伙伴是谁?
Who’s your new friend?
这就是你的新伙伴 请别
There’s your new friend. Please don’t!
别 求你们 不要 不要!
Don’t! Please, no! No.
敬酒
A toast.
敬酒!
A toast!
为了我们的希腊朋友…和我们的新联盟
I drink to our Greek friends and to our new union…
同样伟大的马其顿和希腊 干杯!
…Macedonia and Greece, equals in greatness!
敬菲力浦 我们的国王…没有他…这个联盟不可能成立
And to Philip, our king, without whom this union could not be possible.
过来 阿特拉斯 给大厅留点该死的空气吧
Come, Attalus, leave some damn air in the hall!
最后 敬国王…和我侄女欧律狄克的婚姻
And last, I drink to the king’s marriage to my niece, Eurydice…
她会成为我们…都为之骄傲的马其顿王后
…a Macedonian queen we can be proud of!
敬菲利浦和欧律狄克
To Philip and Eurydice…
敬他们合法的儿子!
…and to their legitimate sons!
别!
Don’t!
那我算什么? 你这狗崽子 来啊
What am I, you son of a dog? Come, then.
真丢脸
What a disgrace.
闭嘴!
Shut up!
所有人都闭嘴! 请闭上嘴
Shut up, all of you! Please.
这是我的婚礼 不是你们吵架的地方
This is my wedding, not some public brawl.
无礼的小畜生
Insolent pup.
宙斯在上 在你让我丢脸前赶紧道歉
Apologize, by Zeus, before you dishonor me.
你替一个叫我母亲为贱♥货♥…叫我为杂种的男人辩护
You defend the man who called my mother a whore and me a bastard.
你觉得是我丢你的脸? 你听起来像你母亲
And I dishonor you? You listen like your mother.
阿特拉斯现在是我家人 和你一样
Attalus is my family now, the same as you.
那你挑选亲戚要再谨慎点
Then choose your relatives more carefully.
别希望我坐在这里看你自取其辱
Don’t expect me to sit here and watch you shame yourself.
你侮辱我! 我侮辱你?
You insult me! I insult you!
这个人不配舔我母亲走过长的土地
A man not fit to lick the ground my mother walks on.
你这该死的 竟然怀疑你的王后 羞耻?
You dog, questioning your queen. Shame?
我可以和任何我想要的女人结婚
我要多少儿子…就有多少儿子
I’ll marry the girl if I want, and I’ll have as many sons as I want.
你和你那个妖精妈妈阻止不了
There’s nothing you or your harpy mother can do.
为什么 醉鬼? 你以为…
Why, drunken man, must you think…
我说的我做的都是母亲教的吗?
…everything I do and say comes from my mother?
因为我知道从赫拉那里知道她的心
Because I know her heart, by Hera…
我在你的眼睛里看见她
…and I see her in your eyes.
你太想要这个王位了
You covet this throne too much.
我们都知道你那个…豺狼一样的母亲希望我死掉
We all know that she-wolf of a mother of yours wants me dead.
你们都在做梦 小孩子
Well, you can both dream, boy.
菲利浦 这是醉话 别管那孩子了 以后再说
Philip, this is the wine talking. Leave the boy. It’ll wait.
现在!
Now!
我命令你
I command you.
向你的亲人道歉
Apologize to your kinsman.
道歉
Apologize.
不是我的亲人
No kinsman to me.
晚安 老头
Good night, old man.
我妈妈改嫁的时候 我会邀请你参加婚礼的
And when my mother remarries, I’ll invite you to her wedding.
你这个杂种!
You bastard!
你要听我的话 快道歉
You’ll obey me. Come here.
这就是将要带你们离开希腊…去波斯的男人吗?
This is the man who is going to take you from Greece to Persia?
他甚至无法从一张桌子跳到另一张
He can’t even make it from one couch to the next.
离开我的王宫 你被流放了 小杂种!
Get out of my palace! You’re exiled, you bastard!
禁止你出现在这片土地 你不受欢迎
Banished from the land. You’re not welcome here.
你不是我儿子!
You’re no son of mine!
(兴都库什山 10年后)
在春天 亚历山大集结了15万大军
In the spring, Alexander marched an army of 150,000…
穿越了兴都库什的关卡
… across the passes of the Hindu Kush…
来到未知的世界
… into the unknown.
在他的梦想中 这里就是…有希望到达世界尽头的通道
In his dream, it was the promised route to the end of the world.
我们现在是一个移♥动♥王国
We were now a mobile empire…
从希腊伸延了十万英里的路
… stretching back thousands of miles to Greece.
厨师和建筑师 医生 探路人
Cooks and architects, doctors, surveyors…
借债人和妻子
… moneylenders and wives…
孩子 情人 娼妓…
… children, lovers, whores.
和奴隶
And slaves…
不知名的奴隶…作为这头新生…野兽的脊梁 弯着腰辛劳着
… that anonymous, bent, working spine of this new beast.
破坏 扩张 变得更好 或者更坏
Ravaged or expanded, for better or worse…
任何被占领的土地…都无可能再保持原样
… no occupied territory remained the same again.
虽然已经娶了罗克珊娜
Although devoted to Roxane…
但亚历山大去她帐篷的次数逐渐减少
… Alexander’s visits to her tent diminished…
一年两年过去 他们仍然没有后代
… as a year, then two, went by without a successor…
这很伤亚历山大的自尊
… wounding Alexander’s great pride.
探路人说那里是宙斯…绑缚普罗米修斯的地方
The surveyors are saying that Zeus chained Prometheus up there.
在那些洞穴的其中一个
In one of those caves.
他们说那只巨鹰的巢穴…就在洞穴的正上方
They say there’s a giant eagle’s nest just above it.
可能它每晚都下来啄食…普罗米修斯的肝脏
I suppose he drops down each night to peck out poor Prometheus’ liver.
你记得亚里士多德告诉我们…关于这些山脉的事吗?
You remember what Aristotle told us of these mountains?
是的 我记得
Yes, I do.
当我们爬上这些高山
That when we reach these heights…
回头可以看见座落在西边的马其顿
…we’d look back and see Macedonia to the west…
还有东方辽阔的外海域
…and the outer ocean to the east.
但我恐怕这个世界…远比任何人想像的都要广大
But I fear this world is far larger than anyone dreamed.
泰坦的世界
A world of Titans.
调查人员已勘察过每条已知的小道 亚历山大
The scouts have been up every known trail, Alexander.
没有可以翻越的路
There is no way across.
除非去南方 到印度
Except to the south, into India.
如果我们是神 就可以…打破这些壁垒直接去东海
Were we gods, we’d breach these walls to the eastern ocean.
我们可以的 亚历山大
We will, Alexander.
几年之后 我们就可以回来
In a few years’ time, we will return.
但首先士兵们要找到归属
But first, the men must see their homes.
你找到你的归属了吗
Have you found your home…
托勒密?
…Ptolemy?
我越来越肯定…我的归属是亚历山大城
More and more, I think it will be Alexandria.
至少那里是炎热的
Well, at least it’s hot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!