asked to play for one of the musicals.
而且是在芝加哥 你明不明白…
And it’s chicago! Do you realize…
你要成为正统的钢琴家
You are training to be a classical pianist.
你能告诉我用整夜的时间
Can you tell me how playing honky-tonk songs
弹些下等酒馆小曲对此有什么帮助吗
till all hours of the night is gonna help with that?
没帮助 但是会很有趣 有趣
It won’t, but it would be fun. Fun!
这是新的尝试 爸爸 我想做些改变
Something new! Daddy, I want to do something different for a change.
我们从不需要”改变” 丹尼丝
“something different” was never part of the deal, Denise.
你必须拒绝 否则我就让你退学
You will be saying “no” or I will be pulling you out of that school.
休学
Period.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
妈 我打算告诉你的
Ma, I was gonna tell you.
表演艺术
Performing arts?
你知道这有多冒险吗
Do you have any idea how risky that is?
作为事业吗
As a career?
我当然知道
Of course I do.
马利克 你在做每个人梦想的事
Malik, you’re trying to do something everyone wants to do.
这条街上的所有孩子都认为
Every teenager on this block thinks
自己是下一个说唱歌♥手
they can make it as the next rapper…
妈 你得让我学下去
Look, ma. You have to let me stay there.
那是我现在仅有的
It’s everything I have now.
我不知道
I just don’t know about this.
我的分数很高 你能看一眼吗
Look, they’re good grades! Did you even look at it?
听着 妈
Look, ma.
我有才华
I’m talented.
如果有人能成功 为什么不能是我
If somebody’s gotta make it out there, why can’t it be me?
世上有谁说过你与众不同
And who in the world told you you were so special?
您说过
You did.
我现在没法想这个 上班要迟到了
I just can’t deal with this right now. I’m late for work.
大学二年纪
很好 波比
All right. Bobby.
不错 凯文
Okay. kevin!
小心点
Look out!
– 怎么了 – 塔瓦雷斯大♥师♥
– Yeah? – Master Tavares,
你弹得十分热情 生动 有趣 华丽
You play with elan, brio, gusto, panache
很多不相关的词
And a host of foreign adjectives
都可以形容你过度的演奏
that indicate excessive style.
你忽视了照谱演奏
What you neglect to do is play the music as written.
你的解释也许是 注重愉悦感
And though your interpretation may be entertaining.
但在我的课堂上一文不值
It is of no value in my class.
我给你个建议
May I suggest that the only thing of value
你能带给巴♥赫♥的唯一价值
you could possibly bring to Bach
就是你的尊重
is your respect.
除非你完全投入学习
And unless you devote yourself to study,
训练并掌握技巧
drill and mastery of technique,
否则对于任何人你都一文不值
you will be of little or no value to anyone.
即使是对你自己
Including yourself.
现在再来弹一遍 照谱弹奏
Now let’s try this again, as written.
顺便提醒各位
Parenthetically,
学习 训练和技巧并不会限制天赋
study, drill and technique do not stifle talent.
只会释放天赋 再弹一遍
They free it. Once more.
克兰斯顿先生 这首曲子 很无聊
Mr. Cranston. This music, it’s boring.
不是我的风格
It’s just not my thing.
当然不是 这是巴♥赫♥的风格
No, it’s Bach’s thing.
矮小的德国人 戴假发
Stubby little German guy. Wore a wig.
没错 而且他一千年前就死了
Yeah, and he died 1,000 years ago.
老师让他不要按自己的方式演奏
His teachers told him to stop playing music his way.
他拒绝了
He said no.
是吗
Really?
如果他的老师那么说
Well, if his teachers told him that,
那么他们都错了
then they were wrong.
如果你的音乐
And should your music
能延续350年
survive for the next 350 years,
请允许我提前向你道歉
please allow me to apologize in advance.
继续 我们会和你共度难关
Proceed. We will suffer through it with you.
她那时8岁
She was eight years old.
名叫艾亚娜
Her name was Ayanna.
意思是 美丽的花朵
Means “beautiful flower. ”
她经常在街上玩耍
She was always on the street, playing,
跳绳
jumping rope.
她是最快乐的女孩
Happiest girl you ever saw.
她没看见那个开车的男人
She didn’t see the man in the car
和那个跑过去的男人 然后子弹飞了过来
or the man running past, until the bullets flew.
她下葬后的那一天
The day after she was buried,
我弄了这个
I got this.
那时我才13岁
I was only 13 at the time.
我以为我妈妈会打我一顿
I thought my mom would whup my ass.
但她没有
But she didn’t.
她说我应该记住每一天
Said I should remember every single day
在我小妹妹身上发生的事
what happened to my little sister.
她的死对你产生了什么影响
How did her death affect you?
你告诉了我们事实
I mean, you’ve given us the facts.
最后才告诉我们艾亚娜是你妹妹
And you waited till the end to let us know that Ayanna was your sister,
有点戏剧化
which was very dramatic.
但我想知道你的感觉
But I want to know how you felt.
你也需要知道自己的感受
And I think you need to know how you felt.
你觉得我有什么感受
How do you think I felt?
我不知道 为什么不告诉我们呢
Well, I have no idea. Why don’t you tell us?
你知道吗 算了吧
You know what? Screw this.
我不准备为了你哭 我告诉了你真♥相♥
I ain’t gonna cry for you. I gave you the truth.
就这个吗 她死那晚你哭了吗
Is that what happened? Did you cry the night she died?
你自责吗 你觉得自己可以阻止它吗
Did you blame yourself? Do you think you could have prevented it?
听着 我会成名
Listen, I’m gonna be famous.
我不需要你和你的狗屁治疗
And I don’t need you or your therapy bullshit!
让这门课去死吧
So screw this and screw this class!
剧院不是懦夫该来的地方 马利克
The theater is not a place for cowards, Malik.
有时我好奇
Sometimes I wonder
我到底去哪了
where I’ve been
我是谁
who I am
我融入了吗
do I fit in?
请相信
Make believin’
只靠我自己
is hard alone
在这里生存很难
out here on my own
我们一直在证明
We’re always provin’
自己是谁
who we are
一直在找寻
Always reachin’
那颗升起的明星
for that risin’ star
指引我远行
to guide me far
照亮回家的路
and shine me home
我独自在这里
Out here on my own
失望
When I’m down
伤心的时候
and feelin’ blue
闭上双眼
I close my eyes
可以感觉你的存在
So I can be with you
宝贝 为我坚强
Oh, baby, be strong for me
宝贝 你属于我
Baby, belong to me
帮我度过难关
Help me through
帮助我 需要你
Help me need you
直到朝阳升起
Until the morning sun appears
驱散我的恐惧
Making light of all my fears
我擦干从未示人的眼泪
I dry the tears I’ve never shown
我独自一人
Out here on my own
但当我失望难过的时候
But when I’m down and feelin’ blue
我闭上双眼 这样能感觉你的存在
I close my eyes so I can be with you
宝贝 为我坚强
Oh, baby, be strong for me
宝贝 你属于我
Baby, belong to me
帮我度过难关
Help me through
帮助我 需要你
Help me need you
有时我好奇
Sometimes I wonder
我去了哪里
Where I’ve been
我是谁
Who I am

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!