And this isn’t one of them.
放轻松 深呼吸
So just relax, take a deep breath,
等你准备好了 我希望你能和有所我们交流
and then when you’re ready, I want you to talk to us
而不是对着我们滔滔不绝
and not at us.
-好吗 -好的 先生
– Okay? – Yes, sir.
我认为
My theory is that
当父母离婚时
When parents get divorced,
他们会收到一些声明
they’re given some kind of a handout.
我的父母准备离婚时
When my parents told me that they were splitting,
告诉了我三件事
They told me three things.
一 这不是你的错
One, “it’s not your fault. ”
二 这真的不是你的错
Two, “it’s not your fault. ”
三 这的的确确不是你的错
And three, “it’s not your fault. ”
但关键是 我不相信
Problem is, I don’t buy it.
也没有孩子会相信
No kid does.
我看过你们的婚纱照
I’ve seen the pictures of when you got married.
那时候你们都还年轻
When you were good-looking,
朝着彼此微笑
and you smiled at each other.
甚至你们只是看着彼此都很开心
Hell, when you even just looked at each other.
过去和现在到底发生了什么变故
So what happened between then and now?
是我
Me.
我来到这个世界上
I… I came along,
让你们变得疲惫暴躁焦虑
And I made you tired and cranky and anxious
我使得你们不断脱发
And I made you lose your hair
体重增加了20磅
and gain 20 extra pounds and…
面对所有的一切 我…
Somewhere in all of that, I…
突然有一天你们不再相爱
you stopped loving each other.
所以我就有了自己的看法
So I have my own idea for a handout.
下一次把声明改成
Next time tell me,
一 幸福不容易
“One, happiness is hard.
二 不要犯同样的错误
“Two, don’t make the same mistakes we did.
三 也许你们也有一部分过错
“And three, okay, so maybe it is your fault a little. ”
你们想要我诚实吗
You want me to be honest?
你们先做好榜样
You go first.
死亡和毁灭遍布每一个角落
“… death, destruction around every corner,
看到尸体 你想要逃跑
“another dead body and you wanna keep running”
我知道我有点鲁莽 而你也犯了些过错
I know I misbehaved and you made your mistakes
但是我们仍有空间去成长
And we both still got room left to grow
你能做的就是保持警惕
“And all you could do is stay alert,
离探照灯远一点
“and try to stay out of the searchlight”
一切都会步入正轨
And we’ll make this thing work
但我们得放慢步伐
But I think we should take it slow
没有人进监狱 没有人要付保释金
“No prison, nobody make bail,”
我们不知该何去何从
We don’t know which way to go
人总有一死 但是瞧…
“Everybody gotta go, but see… ”
因为我们只是平凡人
‘Cause we’re ordinary people
所以才会有监狱
“… it ain’t no jail
想象死亡夺走你
“Think about death taking your
最后一次呼吸心跳 像是…
last breath heart beating like a… ”
打住了 打住了
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold it. Hold it.
这一次我们要从容
And this time we’ll take it slow
马利克 这里是剧院
This is the theater, Malik.
不是马路
Not the street.
剧院
The theater.
神圣的
Sacred.
并不是充满愤怒的地方
This is not a place of anger.
你可以演出角色的愤怒
Oh, yeah, you get to play angry characters.
但是没有愤怒的演员
But there are no angry actors.
你明白两者的区别吗
And do you know the difference between the two?
好的
All righty.
-马可 -是
– Marco. – Yeah.
你在哪里接受的训练
Uh, where have you trained?
我时不时地在爸爸的餐厅里唱歌♥
Um, I sing at my dad’s restaurant every once in a while.
仅此而已
That’s pretty much about it.
真的吗
Really?
这令人印象深刻
Well, that’s pretty impressive.
谢谢
Thank you.
那么 我入选了吗
So, did I get in?
大学一年级
欢迎大家
Welcome.
今年我们收到超过1万份申请
This year we received over 10,000 applications
但全纽约只有200个名额
for the 200 openings from students all across New York city.
你们成功入选
And you got in.
祝贺你们
Congratulations!
将来的四年中 你们有相同的机会
For the next four years, you have the unique opportunity
置身于艺术之中
to immerse yourselves in the arts.
你们可以即兴发挥
You can be spontaneous,
自我创作 甚至可以过火的表演
Original, maybe even a little outrageous.
这样你们就成功了吗
You got it made, right?
你们错了
Wrong.
你们要付出更大的努力
You’re gonna have it twice as hard as everybody else.
早上是艺术课
In the mornings, you’re gonna have all your arts classes.
午饭之后 你们要接着上文化课
After lunch, you will cram in a full day of academics.
平均分低于C的同学会被开除
Drop below a c average and you’re out.
无一例外
No exceptions.
让我郑重声明
Now, let me make this very clear.
我们不关心你的头部特写
We don’t care about your headshot.
你的衣服尺码
Or your dress size.
或者你想上英国《OK》杂♥志♥
Or your dreams of being in OK! magazine,
进谈话节目 走红地毯
On talk shows, on the red carpet.
在这里 你们要学会遵守纪律
Here, you will learn a discipline.
在这里 你们将慢慢了解
Here, you will come to understand
成为表演艺术家的意义
What being a performing artist really means.
在这里 你们要为艺术生涯奉献自我
Here, you will dedicate yourself to your craft.
现在 如果你们想走捷径
Now, if you’re looking for shortcuts,
如果你们想成名
If you want fame,
如果你们想轻而易举获奖
If you want easy rewards,
我建议你马上起身走人
I highly recommend that you get up and leave now.
还有很多才华横溢的年轻人
There are many very talented young people
会因顶替你们的位置而无比激动
who would be thrilled to take your place.
那么 享受大一时光吧
So, have a great year.
五 六 七 八 开始
Five, six, seven, eight, go!
舒展你的腿 向前转
Extend that leg. Travel!
露丝 晕眩是因为没找好定位点
Rosie, you’re getting dizzy because you’re not spotting.
现在找个点
Now, spot!
我在尝试
I’m trying.
还不够努力
Yeah, not hard enough.
肩膀压下去
Shoulders down. Press them down.
和她保持一致 凯文
Stay with her, Kevin.
不对 停 停 停
No, no. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.
凯文 你太糟糕了 看好了
Kevin, you’re a mess. Look.
她做到第五个动作时
She does passe fifth position.
保证她完全曲膝
Let her get a real good plie,
这样你们可以准备好做猫跃
So you both have a good preparation for the pas de chat.
做下一个托举时
On her next lift,
你的腹部和背部要同时用力
you’ve got to use your stomach and your back.
保持充足力道 因为你要支撑她
Stay strong. You have to support her.
好吧 休息一下
All right, take a minute.
杰里米和爱丽斯
Jeremy and Alice.
凯文 除非你学会配合
Kevin, you’re not gonna be a professional ballet dancer
否则永远也成不了专业的芭蕾舞者
Unless you learn how to partner.
开始
And…
凯文 看着杰里米
Kevin, watch Jeremy.
看到了吗
See that?
很好
Lovely.
爱丽斯 美极了
Beautiful, Alice.
我不想让你们一味思考
All right. I don’t want you to think about it.
跳出你们的思维定势
Get out of your head
让一切瞬间迸发
and let it be spontaneous.
这个练习能锻炼你们的天性
This exercise is about honing in on your natural instincts.
释放自我 放松身心
Free your inhibitions and physically inhabit your own body.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!