You should see what walks in the room.
那些从这里发迹的人有 大卫·布拉尼…
Some of the people that started here were David Brenner…
…吉米·渥克…
…Jimmie Walker…
盖伯·卡普蓝、佛莱迪·普林兹 或许下一位年轻人…
…Gabe Kaplan, Freddie Prinze. Maybe this next young man might…
…曾在电视上看过他们
…watch them on television.
请大家欢迎具有喜剧风格的…
Please welcome the comedy stylings…
…雷夫·贾西,各位先生女士们
…of Ralph Garci, ladies and gentlemen.
加油!雷夫
Yay, Ralph!
谢谢
Thank you.
正如理察所介绍的 我叫做雷夫·贾西
Like Richard said, my name is Ralph Garci.
我是个专业大浑球
I’m a professional asshole.
我看到观众席里 有几位业余表演者
I see we have a few amateurs in the audience.
我有几位…
I have some–
几位?我的朋友们今晚都来了 来自艺术学校的毕业班
Some. I have all of my friends here tonight. From P.A. graduating class.
有朋友是很重要的
It’s very important to have friends.
我住在南布朗克斯区
I live in the South Bronx.
那是在哈林区北方 波多黎各西方的国家
That’s the country just north of Harlem and west of Puerto Rico.
那是个很难生存的地方
It’s a very tough neighborhood.
连狗狗都带着刀
The dogs carry knives.
你们看过小婴儿 带着自♥制♥小手♥枪♥吗?
Did you ever see a baby with a zip gun?
大家都有朋友,不能独自一人 我是说每个人都一样
You gotta have friends. You can’t alienate anybody up there. Nobody.
黑人、白人、墨西哥人 波多黎各人、蟑螂
Black people, white people, Chicanos, Puerto Ricans, cockroaches.
你们要很尊敬蟑螂 牠们很团结
You gotta respect cockroaches. They got a good union.
上礼拜,有1万5千只蟑螂 在街上游♥行♥要求更好的住所
Last week, 1 5,000 marched down my block demanding better housing.
但我爱南布朗克斯区 从那里去任何地方都是向上
But I love the South Bronx. Everywhere you go from there is up.
在南布朗克斯区的人都有梦想 我也有梦想
Everybody has dreams in the South Bronx. I had dreams.
随便在南布朗克斯区街头 找个男孩…
Stop your average boy on a South Bronx street…
…问他,他想成为什么?
…and ask him what he wants to be.
我想成为前任毒虫
“I want to be an ex-junkie, man. ”
你每天都看得到他们
You can see them every day.
你不可能因为被毒贩看到 街头的梦想就有车可以开
You can’t drive because of the dreams on the streets being seen by cokeheads.
只要路上白线一画好 就有人会走
The minute that white line’s laid down the street, you got somebody going:
这是真的
It’s true.
然后是性的问题
And then there is sex.
没错
Oh, yeah.
南布朗克斯区的孩子 很早接触性事
Kids are into sex earlier in South Bronx.
大概在早上6点左右
Like about 6 a.m.
你真是太棒了 – 没有
You were wonderful. -No.
真的 – 我很棒!我觉得不止是棒
Really. -I was good. I felt more than good.
那家伙希望我再回去 – 你在开玩笑
The guy wants me back. -You’re kidding!
他想让我长♥期♥驻场表演
He wants to book me regularly.
太棒了 – 不是棒…
Great! -That’s not great…
…而是太神奇了 就好像被雷打到一样
…it’s fantastic! It’s like electricity.
你站在那里 那些面孔在那里盯着你…
You’re out there. Those faces are out there, staring at you…
…然后你把他们拉进来 然后对他们施以电击
…and you draw them in, then you hit them with the juice.
轰!他们就爆♥炸♥了 那股力量来回穿梭
And bam! They fucking explode! And that power goes back and forth.
接下来你知道的就是 你让他们大笑
Next thing you know, you’re making them laugh.
这就是极致表现 胜过毒品,胜过性♥爱♥
That is the meanest high there is. That beats dope. That beats sex.
我爱死表演了
I love fucking acting!
等我赚了钱,我们可以租♥房♥♥子 或许我们还会结婚
With my money, we can get a place. We can get married maybe.
我每周可以赚2万元 有热门电视影集
I’ll have $20,000 a week, a hit TV series,
我的脸登上节目导览手册
my face on TV Guide!
等一下 – 什么?
Wait! -What?
那我呢?我没有事业吗? – 事业?我会给你一个事业
What about me? Don’t I get a career? -A career? I’ll give you a career.
在公园里演莎翁剧如何? 你会赢得17座东尼奖
How about Shakespeare in the Park and you get to win 1 7 Tony awards?
好,再见 – 好的,再见了
All right. Bye. -All right. Okay. Bye.
不要抢劫别人
Don’t mug anybody.
也不会强♥暴♥别人 – 我会强♥暴♥你
Don’t rape anybody. -I’ll rape you.
不要强♥暴♥别人,好吗?
Don’t rape anybody, okay?
回头见了,小心点
I’ll see you later. Take care.
你知道…
You see…
旧金山芭蕾舞学院 希望我去上学
…I’ve been offered this place with the San Francisco Ballet.
我还没有告诉别人 但我打算接受
I haven’t told anyone yet, but I’m gonna take it.
我不在乎他们怎么想
I don’t care what they think.
我是位好舞者!不止是好而已
I’m a good dancer. Better than good.
或许是学校里最优秀的
Maybe even the best in the school.
这不是自大,我只是老实说
That’s not conceit. It’s just simple honesty.
如果我待在纽约,大家会以为 我是靠关系进美国芭蕾剧院
If I stay in New York, everybody will think I bought my way into ABT.
我才不要为了白朗钦的 纽约市芭蕾舞团而饿死自己
I’m not starving myself to death for Balanchine’s City Ballet.
我并不在意是否加入芭蕾舞团
Not that I mind doing the corps de ballet bullshit.
我迟早会出城去表演
I’d sooner do it out of town.
我会到西岸将债务偿还
I’ll pay my dues on the West Coast.
再以明星身份回来纽约
Come back to New York as a star.
你知道…
You see…
…我一直有个很疯狂的梦想
…I’ve always had this crazy dream…
希望在21岁前 跳完所有芭蕾经典角色
…of dancing all the classical roles before I’m 21 .
我想跳《吉赛儿》、《葛蓓莉娅》
I want Giselles and Coppeias coming out of my feet.
还有《睡美人》…
And Sleeping Beauties…
还有《天鹅湖》
…and the Swan.
我想要在史特加、列♥宁♥格勒…
I want bravos in Stuttgart and Leningrad…
…以及巴黎接受喝采
…and Paris.
甚至还跳一出专为我写的舞
Maybe even a ballet created especially for me.
你知道…
You see…
…这样是不能有孩子的
…there’s no room for a baby.
请问你要用万事达卡 或美国运通卡付帐?
Will this be Master Charge or American Express, honey?
对不起
Excuse me.
你是个演员,对吧?
You’re an actress, aren’t you?
有可能
I might be.
歌♥舞线上对吧?
A Chorus Line, right?
你是不是穿一件红洋装 饰演一个热情的角色?
Aren’t you the one that does that hot, smoky number in the red dress?
我说对了,是吧?我就知道
I’m right, ain’t l? I knew it.
天啊!我可告诉你 你是那出戏中最棒的演员
Boy, let me tell you, you are the best thing in that show.
我猜你已经听厌这种话,抱歉
I guess you get tired of hearing that. Excuse me.
不,我没有
No, I don’t.
你不属于那里
You don’t belong there.
如果你不介意我这么说 你是一个明星
If you don’t mind my saying so, you’re a star.
你必须完全展露自己
You need a show all to yourself.
你有美丽的脸孔、天使的身材 – 我也会唱歌♥
You’ve got a lovely face, a great figure. -I sing too.
不会吧? – 也会弹钢琴
No. -And play the piano.
这就是我的意思 但这不只是天份而已…
That’s what I mean. But it’s more than just talent…
…这是一种特质
…it’s a certain quality.
你是那种鹤立鸡群的女孩
You’re the kind of girl that stands out in a room.
我这么说听起来可能有些僭越
This might sound a little presumptuous of me… .
我应该跟你的经纪人连络
I should probably just call your agent.
我没有签定经纪人 – 不能怪你,完全不能怪你
I don’t really relate to agents. -Don’t blame you at all.
听我说,我叫法兰斯 法兰斯·拉斐特
Listen, my name is Franais. Francois Lafete.
蔻儿
Coco.
蔻儿?蔻儿?那真是太棒了
Coco? Coco? That’s terrific!
听我说,蔻儿 我正在法国南部拍一部电影
Listen, Coco, I’m doing this picture down in the south of France, you know?
我是在想,不知道…
I was wondering if…
…或许你能为我试个镜?
…maybe you’d like to do a screen test for me.
真的吗?
Are you serious?
班斯基
Bunsky.
班斯基
Hey, Bunsky.
你有看到薛伍德吗?
You seen Sherwood?
她去陪她丈夫
She’s with her husband.
我不知道她有丈夫 – 他生病了,里洛
I didn’t know she had a husband. -He’s sick, Leroy.
他最好是她丈夫
He’d have to be to be her husband.
他病得很严重 反正现在在住院
He’s quite bad. In the hospital, anyway.
医院? – 显然是
Hospital? -Apparently.
好吧,雪列斯坦
Okay, Schlepstein.
里洛,你来这里做什么?
Leroy. What are you doing here?
你有听说过爱文·艾里吗?
You ever heard of Alvin Ailey?
爱文·艾里?
Alvin Ailey?
他是…
He’s a… .
他是位编舞家吗?
He’s a choreographer?
他要我加入他的舞团
He wants me to join his company.
对不起,里洛 我想这个时候…
I’m sorry, Leroy, but I don’t think this is the time–
如果你把我当掉就完了 我一定得过关才行
I can’t if you flunk me out. I have to pass.
你应该在4年前就想到
You should’ve thought of it four years ago.
我来的地方对白人的读写 并不太感兴趣

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!