Oh, yeah? -They’re looking for your type.
我是什么型? – 你知道的,就是你这种型
What’s my type? -You know, your type.
爱尔兰、犹太人、神经质 – 那部电影叫什么名字?
Irishy, Jewishy, paranoid. -What’s the name of this movie?
《我爱同性恋男》 – 你这个烂人
I Was a Teenage Fag Hag. -You shit!
别闹了
Stop it!
我不知道会这样,桃乐丝
I never knew it would be like this, Doris.
靠近一点,亲爱的 好温暖的拥抱
Oh, come closer, sweetheart. Oh, my, such embrace.
席佛曼家认识一些重要人物
The Silvermans know some very important people.
他们真的很有关系 他们跟苏皮·沙尔斯是亲戚
They really have connections. They’re mishpoche with Soupy Sales.
我帮你把那件白衬衫烫好了
Oh, listen. Your nice white blouse is ironed.
不然你可以穿那件 有缎带的粉红洋装
Or you could wear your pink dress with the ribbons.
你穿那件洋装看来很美 – 我讨厌那件粉红洋装
You look so pretty in that. -I hate that pink dress.
不要咒骂你的粉红洋装 – 我不去,妈妈
So don’t wear your pink dress. -I’m not going, Mama!
然后去嗽嗽口 – 我要出去吃晚饭
Then gargle. -I’m going out to dinner!
那是个外烩餐会 – 食物不是重点
It’s a catered affair. -It’s not the food!
那是个表演的机会
This is an opportunity to perform.
要好好利用它 – 我答应蒙哥马利了
Take advantage of it. -I promised Montgomery!
我也答应了席佛曼家
Well, I promised the Silvermans!
那是个派对,桃乐丝 他们需要一位歌♥手
It’s a party, Doris. They need a singer.
而你需要曝光,所以你得去
And you, you need exposure. So you’re going.
我不去
I’m not!
很好,桃乐丝 你对自己了解多少?
Very good, Doris. What did you realize about yourself?
我不喜欢生日派对 也不喜欢粉红洋装
I don’t like birthday parties. Or pink dresses.
或是席佛曼家人 或是布鲁克林区
Or the Silvermans. Or Brooklyn.
甚至不喜欢自己是犹太人
Or even being Jewish.
我是说,那不算太糟…
I mean, it’s not bad…
…但那并不是全部的我
…but it’s not all I am.
我不知道自己是谁 若我不坚持,永远都不会知道
I don’t know who I am, and I never will if I don’t assert myself.
我已经16岁了 偶而也该坚持自我
I’m 1 6 years old. I’ve got to assert myself sometime.
不是吗?
Don’t l?
很好,桃乐丝,雷夫?
Okay, Doris. Ralph?
有一天我放学回家
I was coming home from school one day.
跟平常一样
As usual.
我在附近有几件事要办
I had a couple of pieces of business to attend to in the neighborhood.
当时正是1月
It was January.
雪下得很大
It was snowing like crazy.
耶诞老人把人都削光了
Santa Claus just ripped everybody off.
他到过了玩具城、冰圆屋市…
He split for Toy Town or lgloo City…
或是北极,管他去哪里
…or the North Pole or wherever the hell he goes.
反正…
So anyway… .
我回到家了,然后…
I was going home, and… .
我看到一张字条
I found this note.
上面写着,我两个妹妹在教堂
It said my two chicks were in church.
她们两个跑去教堂干嘛?
What the hell are my two chicks doing in church?
难道有人死了吗?
Somebody die or something?
那是…那是个玩笑 那应该是个玩笑
That was…..That was a joke. That was supposed to be a joke.
反正,我回到家
Anyway, I went home.
跟平常一样,点了薰香 让自己轻松一下
I dropped a little incense like I always do, just to unwind a little bit.
然后我打开电视机
And I put on the TV set.
上面有个人正在播报
And there was this guy on the TV.
他在说关于佛莱迪的事
And he was talking about Freddie.
他…他说…
He…..He said that… .
他说佛莱迪·普林兹用枪指着自己的头…
He said that Freddie Prinze put a gun to his head…
…自杀了
…and he killed himself.
那是一桩意外
You know, it was an accident, man.
该死!他真是…他很有天份
Shit, I mean, he was fucking…..He was very gifted.
你总是会嘲笑他 因为他真的很有天份
You always laughed at him because he was very fucking talented.
有时你根本不想笑他…
And sometimes you didn’t even wanna laugh at him…
…但是你还是会笑他
…and you laughed at him anyway.
那些该死的浑球…
But those motherfuckers…
他们说他很沮丧…
…they had to say that he was depressed…
…说他一直很想自杀 所以才会轰掉自己
…and he was suicidal, and that he was fucked up.
他们要他自杀 他们要他轰掉自己
They wanted his fucking ass, man. They wanted to nail his ass.
因为他不认为活着是快乐的事 你们知道吗?
Because he didn’t think living was such a happy trip, you know?
在这个星球上没有快乐的人
We can’t have happy people walking on this planet.
大家一定要非常认真
Everybody’s gotta be so goddamn serious.
大家都要好好做事…
Everyone’s gotta stay in business…
…忍♥受心理医师的折磨 以及别人的除臭剂
…and suffer so the witch doctors and the deodorant-spray people…
…还要整型才能留在这一行里
…and plastic surgeons could stay in business.
我们可以向 高高在上的上帝祈祷…
And we can all go fucking pray to the asshole God up there…
…一开始就把它搞砸
…that fucked it up in the first place!
这让你对自己有什么了解?
Does all this make you realize anything about yourself?
什么? – 这对你有什么影响?
What? -How does it affect you?
对我有什么影响?
How does it affect me?
我在这里,我进了这所烂学校
I’m here, and I’m in this fucking school.
我要为了佛莱迪,打败每个人
And I’m fucking everybody back for Freddie!
轻松点,雷夫
Take it easy, Ralph.
你要他们跟你一起笑 而不是取笑你
You want them laughing with you, not at you.
我不要他们笑
I don’t want them laughing.
里洛?
Leroy?
老师?
Ma’am?
你穿了什么?里洛
What are you wearing, Leroy?
一顶帽子 – 是你的脚上,里洛
A hat. -On your feet, Leroy.
那些啊!你喜欢吗? 它们让我更快到校,学得更多
Oh, those. You like them? They get me to class quicker, get more learning in.
你的读书报告呢? – 我写好了
What about your book report? -I done it.
你写好了 – 1千字,我还数过了
You did it. -1 000 words. I counted them too.
《最佳花♥花♥公♥子♥》月刊不算 – 那也是一种阅读,不是吗?
The Best of Playboy isn’t a book report. -It’s reading, ain’t it?
你听说过《1984》、《哈克流浪记》、《烈爱风云》
So is 1984, Huckleberry Finn, Great Expectations. You heard of those?
我看过这几部电影
I seen a couple of the movies.
如果你不看书,就会漏失很多
If you don’t read, you’re missing so much.
我不喜欢看书,不合我的胃口 – 试试奥赛罗,他也是黑人
I don’t like reading. It’s not my style. -Then try Othello. He’s black.
1千字,两星期内交 – 不然怎样?
1 000 words in two weeks. -Or what?
不然你就会被逐出校门 强生先生
Or you’ll skate right out of this school, Mr. Johnson.
进来
Come in.
伯格老师,你找我? – 过来坐下,丽莎
Miss Berg, you wanted to see me? -Come and sit down, Lisa.
你表现得不够努力,丽莎
You’re not working hard enough, Lisa.
我一直在生病
Well, I’ve been sick.
舞者是不生病的
Dancers don’t get sick.
我的医生告诉我…
Well, my doctor told me…
…要休息1、2星期 直到我觉得好些为止
…to take it easy for a week or two until I feel okay.
所以这是医生的错? – 你不相信我吗?
So now it’s the doctor’s fault? -Don’t you believe me?
我相信你,丽莎
I believe you, Lisa.
但我的班上再也容不下你了
But I don’t have room for you in this class anymore.
可是我有医生证明
But I brought a doctor’s note.
还有很多认真看待舞蹈的女孩
There are too many other girls who take dance seriously…
不该为了一个不努力的人 浪费时间和空间
…to waste time and space on someone who isn’t dedicated.
但我很努力 – 对不起,丽莎,我看不到
But I am dedicated. -I’m sorry, Lisa. I don’t see it.
我进入这所学校了,不是吗?
I got into this school, didn’t l?
我们犯了一个错 有时候就是行不通
We made a mistake. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.
你会释怀的 – 我会更努力
You’ll get over it. -I’ll work harder.
或许吧 – 我保证我会更好
Maybe. -I promise I’ll be better.
更好还不够好
Better isn’t good enough.
我不认为你会够好 你从来就不够好
I don’t think you’ll ever be good enough. You don’t have it.
这么说很难入耳 也很难说出口,但这是事实
That’s a hard thing to hear, and it’s not pleasant to say, but it’s the truth.
我现在说出来 节省你的时间,免除你的痛苦
I’m saving you a lot of time and pain by saying it now.
我不想成为最棒的
I don’t wanna be the best.
你不会的 – 我只是想跳舞
Well, you won’t be. -I just wanna dance.
你永远不会成为巴瑞尼可夫 – 我不能失败,伯格老师
Well, you’ll never be a Mikhail, Lisa. -I can’t fail, Miss Berg.
我只是想成为一位舞者 – 你会释怀的
I only ever wanted to be a dancer. -You’ll get over it.
我该怎么跟我妈说? – 请她打电♥话♥给我,我来解释
What do I tell my mother? -Have her call me and I’ll explain.
真烂
去他的,如果我不能跳舞 我就转到戏剧科算了
Fuck it. If I can’t dance, I’ll change to the drama department.
我告诉你,你真的是位好演员
I tell you, you’re a fucking good actress.
我听说那个贱♥人♥对她很苛
I heard the bitch came down on her real hard.
那怎样?人生本来就很苦 – 她只是受了沉重的打击,小子
So? Life comes down hard. -She just took a real bad dump, kid.
现在她明白了还好 胜过到了30岁…在旅社里用药过量而死
Better she realizes it now than OD in some motel room at 30.
你应该有点同情心,亲爱的
You might show a little more sympathy, dear.
我不是你的亲爱的 – 显然不是
I’m not “dear. ” -Evidemment.
你也太没有同情心了
You’re not trie sensitive either.
我是专业舞者
I’m a professional.
几句不友善的话不至于影响我
A few unkind words aren’t going to bother me none.