表演是全世界最难的职业
Acting is the hardest profession in the world.
音乐是最难的一项专业 对吧?托索夫老师
Music is the hardest profession of them all. Isn’t that right, Mrs. Tossoff?
完全正确
Indeed.
好了
Okay.
不要打架!请大家排好队
No fighting. Stay in line, please.
莎蒂辣豆饭,每份6毛钱
好,下一个换谁?
Who’s next?
对不起
Excuse me.
我星期四要表演… – 我马上回来
I’ll be doing my scene Thursday…..-I’ll be right back.
不要坐我的位子
Get out of my seat!
你好 – 你好,那对我来说太狂野了
Hi. -Hi. That’s too wild for me.
我跟你是表演科同学 – 我知道
I’m in your acting class. -I know.
蒙哥马利·麦克奈尔
Montgomery MacNeil.
桃乐丝·芬塞克 – 你好,想坐下吗?
Doris Finsecker. -Hi. Wanna sit down?
好的,你妈妈真的是 名演员玛莎·麦克奈尔吗?
All right. Is your mother really Marsha MacNeil, the actress?
是的 – 她的演技真棒
That’s right. -She does wonderful work.
你看过她的表演? – 但我听说过
Have you seen her? -But I’ve heard.
我不知道她住在纽约 – 她没有…她的地址在纽约…
I didn’t know she lived in New York. -She doesn’t. Officially, she does…
…但她总是在路上奔波 有人付钱让她住大饭店…
…but she’s been on the road forever. She gets paid to stay in hotels…
但她都跟朋友一起住 把生活费寄给我和高登医生
…but she stays with friends. Sends her per diems home to me and Dr. Golden.
他是你的继父吗? – 是我的精神分♥析♥师
Is that your stepfather? -My analyst.
你有什么毛病?
What’s wrong with you?
讲起来非常专业 我有一些问题
It’s pretty technical, really. I have problems.
什么样的问题? – 跟女人相处的问题
What kind of problems? -With women.
很好,一边哼一边摇摆身体
Fine. Swaying with a nice humming sound, please. And:
让手臂摆动
Let the arms go.
很好!很好!开始咀嚼
Good, good, good. And chew.
快一点
Faster.
加速
Speed.
把舌头伸出来…往下
Tongues out. Down.
往左…往右
Side. Side.
绕圈圈…加油
And round, round. Come on.
多一点活力
More energy!
请整齐一点!继续
Do it together, please. Keep moving.
好多了!真的好多了
Much better. Much, much better now.
预备跳了吗?
Reach for the jet?
然后…
And:
跳起再跳起
Impulse to impulse.
放轻松
Relax.
放轻松
Relax.
去感觉地板贴着你的身体
Sense the floor against your bodies.
感觉它贴着你的后腿背
Feel it against the backs of your legs.
你的手臂
Your arms.
你的肩膀
Your shoulders.
让你的感官记住…
Let your senses remember…
…这种沉重的感觉
…this feeling of heaviness.
放轻松,配合呼吸
Relax and breathe.
放轻松,配合呼吸
Relax and breathe.
好,动作快!谢谢你们 不要迟到了!快点,别迟到
All right, let’s go. Thank you. Don’t be late. Come on. Don’t be late.
你应该在这一层楼吗? – 我有假条
Should you be on this floor? -I have a note.
伯格老师需要一个铃鼓 – 好的
Miss Berg wants a tambourine. -Fine.
对不起?你们会说英语吗?
Excuse me? Excuse me? You speak English?
布鲁诺·马泰利? – 他在对面
Bruno Martelli? -He’s across the hall.
谢谢
Thanks.
你好 – 你好
Hi. -Hi.
这是什么音符? – 雷射光
What kind of music notes are those? -Laser beams.
是为拯救地球写的安魂曲 – 太棒了
It’s a requiem for Buck Rogers. -Great.
你有没有想过做真正的音乐? – 这就是我的音乐
You ever thought of doing real music? -This is my music.
我是说,一个乐团 – 我不喜欢乐团,太挤了
I mean a band. -I don’t like bands. They crowd me.
我喜欢我的地下室,不会有人 – 但那可以赚钱,就像暑假打工
I prefer my basement, no people. -There’s money though, in summer trade.
如果我们能够及时组团的话 – 我真的没有兴趣
If we get together in time. -I’m really not interested.
斯塔顿岛有很多茶舞派对 还有婚礼和犹太教酒吧
There’s tea dances and parties, weddings and bar mitzvahs.
那些都是固定的事 不断会有人结婚、长大
Those things are steady. People always get married and grow up.
我不要这些烦琐的事 – 我会处理一切…
I don’t need the hassle. -I’ll take care of everything…
…就像是业务经理一样
…just like a regular business manager.
我会负责订位、旅行 设计表演服,都可以打9折
I’ll look after the bookings, travel, costume designs, for 1 0% off the top.
表演收入我们两个平分
Then a straight split of the performing cut.
设计什么表演服? – 不会太时髦,只会钉些亮片
What costume designs? -Nothing fancy, just sequins and stuff.
我穿透明薄纱,领子开低一点 我们必须给观众视觉享受
See-through for me, maybe low-cut. We gotta give them visuals.
听起来可能有点邪恶 但这一行,胸部总能吸引群众
The sound might be wicked, but when you get down to it, tits book bands.
我还是想待在地下室 – 布鲁诺,这是我们的机会
I think I’ll stay in my basement. -Bruno, this is our chance.
难道你不希望成功? – 当然,但我们的胸部都不够看
Don’t you want success? -Sure. I don’t think our tits are up to it.
为什么?
Why?
为什么?
Oh, why?
上帝会惩罚你的,尤里
God will punish you, Yuri Yajeyopeyonoff.
未出世的孩子何罪之有…
What crime is this unborn child guilty of…
…因它不喝天堂之甘露?
…that it should not drink of the milk of paradise?
你警告过我,伊莲娜 我1卢布都没有弄丢
You warned me, Elena. Not one ruble have I lost, not one.
能不能再重头来?听起来好怪 – 我不想再重头来
Can we try this again? It sounds phony. -I don’t wanna try this again.
你并没有什么错 – 我知道,就是这样我才不够好
There’s nothing wrong with you. -I know. That’s what’s wrong with me.
其他人不是很活泼就是很古怪 或是有魅力,而我则非常平凡
Everybody here is colorful or eccentric or charismatic. I’m perfectly ordinary.
我的鼻子很平凡、身材很平凡 而我的声音…
My nose is ordinary. My body’s ordinary. And my voice, it’s–
我不知道自己在这里做什么 – 你想成为一位演员
I don’t know why I’m here. -You wanna be an actress.
对,但演员们都很活泼 非常夸张
Yeah, but actors and actresses are colorful, flamboyant beings.
我只是跟焙果一样夸张
I’m about as flamboyant as a bagel.
你们好
Hi.
你好 – 你好
Hi. -Hi.
有人就是喜欢焙果 – 有些人就是不喜欢
Some people like bagels. -Some people don’t.
有些人对你来说太老了 – 他在对我微笑
Some people are too old for you. -He smiles at me.
他对每个人都微笑 – 对,但他还跟我眨眼
He smiles at everyone. -Yeah, but he winks too.
我觉得那是个紧张的习惯 – 他会跟我讲话…常常
I think it’s a nervous habit. -He talks to me, often.
真的吗?他说了什么? – 他说,嗨
Really? What’s he say? -Hi.
那真严重,你敲定约会了吗?
That’s serious. Have you set the date?
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起 – 我觉得好蠢
I’m sorry. -I feel stupid.
重头开始吧
So get into it.
开始研读,试着把它记住 这样才可以…
Study it. Try to remember it so you can–
你好,蒙哥马利
Hey, M and M.
最近有看心理医生吗?
Seen your shrink lately?
昨天看过 – 你有特别快递吗?
Yesterday. -You got a special delivery?
你好吗?你好吗?
How you doing? How are you?
很好,非常好,你是个好人
Oh, good. That’s very good. You’re a good man.
这些不是我要的 是我一个朋友要的
They’re not for me. They’re for a friend of mine.
那个幸运的家伙是谁?
Who’s the lucky fella, huh?
看来终于有人搞上芬塞克了
Looks like somebody finally corked up old Finsecker.
不可能是这位女士 他对女人没兴趣
It can’t be Gloria over here. He’s not into chicks.
闭上我的狗嘴
Shut my mouth.
再见
Bye.
我好讨厌雷夫·贾西,真的
I hate Ralph Garci, I really do.
我一定要记住这种感觉 并将它运用在我的表演上
I must remember this feeling and use it in my acting.
我好害怕
I’m scared.
我怕我无法达到他们的期望
I’m scared I won’t be able to live up to their expectations of me.
闪耀激♥情♥的影像…
Flashing images of passion–
…将你推倒在地 做一场疯狂、热烈的爱
and hurl you to the ground and make mad, passionate love.
我忘了带 – 连续2星期?
I forgot it! -For two weeks?
我说过,我做好但忘了带 – 我的听力没问题
I told you, I done it and I forgot it. -My hearing’s fine.
这些是你遗失的功课 而且我完全看不懂
It’s your homework that’s missing. And these pages are unintelligible.
那是一种神秘语言 白人是看不懂的
It’s a secret language. It ain’t meant for whiteys.
这不是在开玩笑 – 我还有很多笑话
This isn’t a joke. -I got lots of jokes.
这都是些垃圾 – 因为我的笔坏了
This is garbage! -My pen broke.
这是用铅笔写的 – 铅笔也断了
It’s in pencil. -That broke too.
如果你不学会念书 你就不能学跳舞
You can’t learn to read, you can’t learn to dance.
你会被当掉
You’re flunking out.
我会念
I can read.
很好!读吧!吓吓我们 拿本书给他
Terrific! Go ahead, surprise us. Give him your book.
注意听!强生先生要念了
Pay attention. Mr. Johnson is gonna read.
我说过我会念 – 那就念啊
I said I can read! -Then read.
不要 – 快念
No. -Read!
不要 – 快念
No! -Read!
不要!你这个大贱♥人♥
No, you fucking bitch!
你到底要我怎样? 就叫我一直念书吗?