…and keep sending the mail.
那让这里的日子好熬一些
It makes getting through the days easier.
嗯,我要去睡觉了…
Well, I am on my way to bed…
…很快我就会再给你们写信的
…so I will write you guys soon.
我爱你们大家…
I love and miss…
…想念你们
…all of you guys.”
我想要他还活着…
I want him to be alive…
…但是我不能让他复活
…and I can’t make him alive.
但是你的心确实会疼
But your flesh just aches.
你要你的孩子.这是完全不对的
You want your child. It’s out of sync.
父母不应该去埋葬自己的孩子
A parent is not supposed to bury their child.
我–我为我的家人感到悲哀…
I feel… I feel sad for my family…
…因为我们失去了儿子
…because we lost our son.
但是…
But…
…我真的为那些其他的家庭…
…I really feel sorry for the other families…
…那些正在失去他们的孩子的家庭,感到悲哀
…that is losing their kids as we speak.
并且他们是为了什么而死?
And for what?
我–我不知道–
L… I don’t…
那个才是–我想才是让人恶心的地方
That’s the… I guess the sickening part.
为了什么?
For what?
你们最近听说了关于哈里伯顿公♥司♥的很多事
(戴夫 莱瑟哈里伯顿公♥司♥CEO)
You’ve heard a lot about Halliburton lately.
批评是没事的.我们能接受
批评不是失败
Criticism is okay. We can take it. Criticism is not failure.
我们的员工工作得很出色
Our employees are doing a great job.
我们在供给士兵们食物.
我们在重建伊♥拉♥克♥
We’re feeding the soldiers. We’re rebuilding Iraq.
会出现问题吗?当然会.但那里是战区
Will things go wrong? Sure they will. It’s a war zone.
我们能为我们的军队服务
是因为我们的专业知识…
We’re serving the troops because of what we know…
…而不是因为我们认识某个人
…not who we know.
让我来谈谈哈里伯顿公♥司♥,由我管理的公♥司♥
Let me tell you about Halliburton, the company I ran.
我为我在哈里伯顿公♥司♥所做的事情感到骄傲
I’m proud of what I did at Halliburton.
我们的员工为他们所取得的成绩而骄傲.
而我,老实说…
The people are proud of what they’ve accomplished. I, frankly…
…并不觉得有必要作出道歉…
…don’t feel any need to apologize…
…为我在过去5年里的所作所为…
…for the way I’ve spent my time over the last five years…
…作为一个美国大公♥司♥的首席执行官和主席
…as the CEO and chairman of a major American corporation.
这也是一个企图转移注意力的行动…
This is also an attempt to divert attention…
…让人们不再关注他们没有能源政策的事实
…from the fact they have no energy policy.
正如能源部长所说,“我们被打了个措手不及”
And as the secretary of energy said, “We were caught unawares.”
在战争期间,微软,DHL还有其他的公♥司♥…
In the middle of the war, Microsoft, DHL and other corporations…
…邀请哈里伯顿公♥司♥参加一个会议…
…invited Halliburton to a conference…
…来确认在伊♥拉♥克♥能赚到多少钱
…to figure out how much money could be made in Iraq.
你们为此所做的努力…
Having worked this…
…甚至在入侵…
(麦克 梅里美国陆军工程兵团公♥司♥)
…effort, even since before the… The invasion…
…解放伊♥拉♥克♥之前就已经开始了
…the liberation of Iraq started.
你们绝对是不可或缺的力量
You, industry, are definitely a vital part of that effort.
我们感激你们对此事的兴趣.我们需要你们
We appreciate your interest in this. We need you.
你们当中有很多公♥司♥规模很小,正在拼搏向上
(尤素夫 斯莱曼伊♥拉♥克♥背景的哈里斯公♥司♥)
Lots of you are small businesses and struggling:
我们怎样才能从中分到一杯羹?
你们中的大公♥司♥会得到合约
“How do we get a piece of this? You big guys are gonna get it.
其他人将有得到转包的机会或者一点机会也没有
The rest of us will have subcontracting capability or none at all.”
美国贸易和开♥发♥署是为你们服务的
USTDA is for you.
一旦石油开始开采…
Once that oil starts flowing…
…钱就会滚滚而来,很多钱
…and money coming, gonna be lots of money.
那里是世界上第二大石油储藏地
It’s the second-largest reserve of oil in the world.
那些能赚很多钱是毫无疑问的
No question of how much money’s there.
我一直都有听到伊♥拉♥克♥公♥司♥和美国公♥司♥的报怨
(山姆 库巴博士美国伊♥拉♥克♥商会)
I’ve been getting complaints from Iraqi firms and American firms.
说什么缺乏透明度,腐♥败♥
The lack of transparency, the corruption.
我觉得美国公♥司♥现在所赚得的利润
那些主要的公♥司♥…
I think the profits American companies are making, the main companies…
…是不可估量的
…are so overwhelming.
我是说,如果你手头上有个总价100万美元的合同…
I mean, when you have a line item for a million dollars…
…而你以许多五十万或者六十万
七十万美元的价格分包出去…
…and you subcontract it out for 50 or 60 or $70,000…
…那个利润是巨大的
…that’s a huge profit.
最终将是由美国的纳税人来为此买♥♥单
It’s the American taxpayer that’s gonna pay for that.
而且情况将会好转
开始建造关系网吧
And it’s gonna get better. Start building relationships.
因为情况将会变得好得多…
Because it’s gonna get much better…
…在石油开始开采,并且他们的预算增加了的时候
…as the oil flows and their budgets increase.
好消息是,不管要花费多少,
政♥府♥都会为此买♥♥单
Good news is, whatever it costs, the government will pay you.
战争对某些公♥司♥而言总是好的…
War is always good for certain companies…
…那些参与战争–战争生意的公♥司♥
…that are in the war… The business of war.
我们非常骄傲
(乔治 西格拉斯 哈里伯顿公♥司♥副总裁)
We’re very proud.
我们支持着美国政♥府♥和军队
Supporting U.S. Government and military.
战役和重建中的真正英雄…
The real heroes of the campaign and the reconstruction…
…是美国♥军♥方的男男女♥女♥们
…are the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces.
我们对我们有机会支持他们而感到骄傲
We’re proud of being any part we can in supporting them.
哈里伯顿公♥司♥给士兵们
送去热饭菜,供给,干净衣服…
Halliburton delivers hot meals, supplies, clean clothing…
…以及通讯设备…
…and communications to our soldiers…
…让他们感觉离家更近一些
…so they can be a little closer to home.
是个女孩!
It’s a girl!
哈里伯顿公♥司♥. 骄傲地为我们的军队服务
Halliburton. Proud to serve our troops.
我刚刚看到报纸上说
哈里伯顿公♥司♥又得到了一个合同
I just read in the paper Halliburton got another contract.
-哈里伯顿公♥司♥又得到了一个合同
-对
– Halliburton got another contract. – That’s right.
而且根本没有…
Which is not being…
…一点竞争
…contested at all.
因为没有人知道
Because nobody knows.
嗯,现在报纸上登了,肯定有人知道的
Well, it’s in the paper, so somebody knows.
但那是在事情发生了之后,
木已成舟,已经太迟了
But that’s after it happens, after the fact. It’s too late.
美国现在在伊♥拉♥克♥石油生意中扮演着重要的角色
The United States is now a major player in the Iraqi oil business.
美国♥军♥队,守卫着油田…
American troops guard the oil fields…
…当德克萨斯的石油工人们在估算石油储量的时候
…as Texas oil workers assess their potential.
我们的工作环境很安全,一点都不觉得危险
It’s a safe environment to work in. We don’t feel any risk.
我们觉得自己受到了良好的保护,
不然我们也不会来了
We feel we’re being well protected here, or we wouldn’t be here.
这不是秘密.我是说…
It’s no secret. I mean…
…我一个月挣大概2到3千元
…I make anywhere between 2 and 3000 a month.
这里的一个开汽车的哈里伯顿公♥司♥员工…
A Halliburton employee out here driving a bus…
…一个月能挣8千到1万.你说怎么解释?
…can make between 8 and 10,000 a month. Explain that one to me.
他们一周只要工作40个小时
For 40 hours a week.
只要在同一条2.5英里的路上开来开去
Driving the same two-and-half-mile route.
去想想吧
Go figure.
公平何在?
Where’s the justification in that?
在当今世界没有任何一个其它地方…
(戈登 波比特 卡尔玛分销中心)
There’s no other single area of the world today…
…有着如此的商机,新的商机…
…with the opportunity for business, new business…
…能跟伊♥拉♥克♥现在的商机相比
…similar to the opportunity that’s available today in Iraq.
总统参加了,他做了他应做的事
(格兰特 哈伯美国创新公♥司♥)
The president went in, did what he did.
我们支持他和我们的军队
We’re supporting him and our troops.
我们要保证那些努力和失去的生命…
We wanna make sure that the efforts and the lost lives…
…没有白费
…wasn’t for no reason.
如果不是因为石油,没有人会去那里
If it wasn’t for the oil, nobody would be there.
甚至没有人关心那里
Nobody would worry about it.
不幸的是,至少从短期来看…
(布莱恩 奥博 保镖公♥司♥)
Unfortunately, at least for the near term…
…我们觉得那里会是个好形势
同时也是危险的形势
…we think it’s gonna be a good situation, a dangerous situation.
对做生意来说很好,对那里的人♥民♥来说不好
Good for business, bad for the people.
今天拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥说–
Today on the news, Rumsfeld was saying…
沃尔福兹(美国国防部助理国务卿)也说:
And Wolfowitz was saying:
伊♥拉♥克♥人♥民♥现在生活状况要好得多了
“The Iraqi people are much, much better off.
现在我们除掉了萨♥达♥姆♥…
Isn’t it better that we got rid of Saddam…
…伊♥拉♥克♥人♥民♥可以做他们想做的事了…
…and now the Iraqi people can do what they wanna do…
…得到了真正的自♥由♥,那不是好很多吗?
…and really be free?”
他们会有机会得到自♥由♥吗?
不,他们不会得到自♥由♥的
Will they ever be free? No, they’ll not be free.
还有那些大规模杀伤性武器在哪里呢?
And where are the weapons of mass destruction?
那个–我们被耍了,真的被耍了
It was a… We were duped. We were really duped.
还有这些可怜的人们…
And these poor people…
…那些被夺去生命的年轻人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!