我要帮助的是那些一无所有的人
People that don’t have anything, that’s who I have to fight for.
我一生都在为他们奔走
And that’s who I have fought for my entire life.
我开始对我的孩子说:
I started taking my children and telling my children:
参军是个不错的选择
“The military is a good option.
我无法供你们上大学
I can’t afford to have you go to college. I can’t pay your way.
经济援助也帮不了你们
Financial aid will not help you.”
因此,做为一个母亲,我开始教孩子…
So I, as a mother, started teaching my children…
…参军也是一条出路
…about the options that the military could do.
可以环游世界
They would take them around the world.
可以让他们见识到
我这个做母亲的没办法提供的东西
They’d see all the things that I, as a mother, couldn’t let them see.
能够为他们的教育筹到资金
而做为父母的我们却不能
It’d pay for their education that I, as their mother and father, couldn’t pay.
对于弗林特人来说参军是个不错的选择
The military is a good option for kids in Flint.
对于弗林特人来说参军是个极好的选择
The military is an excellent option for the people of Flint.
你们当中有多少人有朋友或者家人在军队服役?
How many of you have a friend or a family member in the service?
有在海外的吗?
Anybody currently serving overseas?
-我的一个兄弟
-我的表兄
– A brother of mine. – My cousin.
是的,表兄
Yeah, cousin.
-你兄弟在哪儿?
-伊♥拉♥克♥
– Where’s your brother? – Iraq.
德国
Germany.
我表兄三天前开拔到伊♥拉♥克♥了
My cousin got shipped off to Iraq, like, three days ago.
该死
Dang.
每个星期都有陆军…
There’s, like, an Army or Navy recruiter…
…或者海军,还有陆战队的人来征兵…
…or Marines recruiter up there almost every week…
…就在学校的餐厅招募学生
…in the lunchroom recruiting students at the lunchroom.
有一种职业
There are people with a calling.
一个月工作一个周末
一年工作两个星期
Most serve one weekend a month and two weeks a year.
能挣到大学的学费
Earning money for college.
还能保卫家乡
Protecting their community.
参加国民卫队…
In the Army National Guard…
…你能做到
…you can.
我要参加空军
I’m going into the Air Force.
高中毕业后当一年兵
I’m gonna take a year off after high school.
然后开始工作,我想当飞机技师
And then make a career. I wanna be an aircraft maintenance technician.
我在碰到一个征兵员的时候发现一些事情
I ran into a recruiter, and there was something I noticed about it.
我觉得有点…有点奇怪
And this is kind of on another… I noticed it was odd.
他好像是在雇我而不是让我参军
More like he was hiring me than recruiting me for the Army.
我是说他接近我的方法
当时我在音乐书店
It was the way he approached me. I was in Borders Books and Music.
他走上来发给我名片
He came up like he was handing us a business card.
陆军特制的名片
He had business cards made for the Army.
认识一下海军上士戴尔 考特曼…
Meet Marine Staff Sergeant Dale Kortman…
…和雷蒙德 玻尔
…and Sergeant Raymond Plouhar.
他们是被派到弗林特的众多征兵员中的两位
They are two of the many recruiters assigned to Flint, Michigan.
这些天他们很忙
They’re very busy these days.
看,他已经跑开了
Look, he’s running away already.
-他看见我们了
-是的
– He’s seen us coming. – Yeah.
这个呢?
What have we got here?
-要小流氓吗?
-是的
– Need a little gangster. – Yeah.
我们现在去科特兰商业街
We’re heading over to the Courtland Mall right now.
他们不去郊区富人居住的…
They decided not to go to the wealthier…
… 吉恩谷商业街
…Genesee Valley Mall in the suburbs.
在那里很难征到年轻人
They have a hard time recruiting young people there.
他们去了另一家商业街
Instead, they went to the other mall.
-我们去马文斯百货店
-马文斯百货店
– Let’s go in through Mervyn’s. – In through Mervyn’s.
去走一个来回,再去–
And then we’ll walk straight down and straight back and then go down…
先生们,你们知道我们在找你们?
Gents, you know we’re looking at you, right?
你们有没有想过要参军?
You guys ever think about joining up?
我只想过上大学,打篮球
I thought about going to college and playing basketball.
-有没有擅长的?
-是的,特别是篮球
– You any good? – Yeah. Especially basketball.
很好,你可以代表海军陆站队打球
Good. You can play ball for the Marine Corps.
可以代表他们环游世界
Travel around the world for the Corps basketball team.
-大卫罗宾逊就当过海军
-哦,是吗?
– David Robinson was in the military. – Oh, was he?
你可以跟他学
Yeah, you can definitely hook it up.
现在还有人想当海军却不得其门呢
Right now somebody out there wants to be a Marine but has no idea how to.
-你在哪儿上班?
-肯德基
– Where you work at? – I work at KFC.
-很好,我们可以推荐你
-好的
– Sweet. Hook us up with deals. – Yes.
他们等着被征召
They’re waiting to get recruited.
我想以后搞音乐什么的
I was gonna try a career in music or something.
搞音乐?也许我们可以实现你的愿望
Career in music? Maybe we can get you a career in music.
海军可以帮你,你知道Shaggy吧
Let the Marines go for it. I’m sure you know who Shaggy is.
-听说过他吗?
-是的,他是个牙买♥♥加歌♥手
– You know anything about him? – Yeah, he’s the Jamaican singer.
知不知道他当过海军?
How about a former Marine?
-哦
-你知道吗?
– Oh. – Did you know it?
想搞音乐就必须先经过磨炼
You need to know discipline if you’re gonna get into music.
特别是金钱的磨炼
Especially discipline with the money.
如果你挣了一百万,你就得学会理财
If you make a million, you need to manage that money.
到办公室来,我们可以谈谈…
Come to the office, we can talk…
…我告诉你所有海军的事情
…show you everything about the Marines.
-定下来好吗?
-今天下午有什么事情要做?
– A plan? – What you got going this afternoon?
明天呢?明天早上10点?
How about tomorrow? 10:00 Monday morning?
-很好
-要我们来接你吗?
– That sounds pretty good. – You want me to pick you up?
最好是在他们三两成群的时候截住他们…
It’s better to get them when they’re in ones and twos…
…就象刚才那样做工作
…and work on them that way.
女士们,要参军吗?
Ladies, ready to join up?
后面那个戴绿帽子的
Green hat right behind us.
-看上去很年轻
-是的
– Looks young. He’s young. – Yeah.
那边还有两个…
We got two over here…
…红色面包车旁边
…right over by the red van.
你走那边,我走这边,我们截住他们
You go that way, I go this way, we corner them.
-你读9年级?
-是的,长官
– You’re in the ninth grade? – Yes, sir.
你看上去要大一点
Man, you look older than ninth grade.
好吧,这是我的名片
All right, here’s my card.
有没有想过参加海军?
You ever thought about being a Marine, man?
想过,但我还有老婆孩子
I’ve thought about it. I’ve got a wife and kid now.
有更多理由值得参军
Even more reason to join up.
伙计,实际上我是…
What I want to do, man…
…我只是要你的资料
这样就可以把你从名单上划掉…
…is get information from you so I can scratch you off my list…
…就说我已经和你谈过了,
你不感兴趣,行吗?
…saying I’ve talked to you, and you’re not interested. Is that cool?
你的名字,电♥话♥号♥码,住址?
What’s your name? Phone number? What’s your address?
在名单上再加一个
Add another one to the list.
人们都不想放过这个能上大学的机会
However, one would love to have that chance to experience college life.
有本事的年轻人不必冒生命威胁…
You know, stuff young people can do without having the risk…
…而又能达到目的,我说得够坦率吧
…of dying in the process, I guess I can say candidly.
伊♥拉♥克♥ 圣诞夜
节日的时候比平时冲突要多一点…
The holidays add a bit more friction, as opposed to just another night…
…因为我们想给士兵多一点时间休息,放松
…in the fact we wanna give our guys a little time off, time to relax.
然而我们是在交战地区,
士兵也知道这个事实
However, we are in a combat zone, and my soldiers do recognize that fact.
我猜每个人都有点紧张
Everybody’s a little bit nervous about it, I guess.
我们是专家,我们会照顾你的
We’re professionals. We’re gonna take care of you.
我保证
I promise.
这里的每间房♥子都可以保留武器
Every house here has the right to have weapons.
最多一柄AK-47
Maximum, one AK-47.
我们总希望能瞄准目标
We always expect the targets to be armed.
出发了
Rock ‘n’ roll.
这些是断线钳
These are fucking bolt cutters.
这鬼东西是橇门用的
This goddamn thing to pry doors open.
把它插♥进♥去…
Pop this in there…
嗨,阿黛尔,慢一点
Hey, Adele, just hold up.
不,不,不
No, no, no, no.
她去哪儿?
Where’s she going?
-我和她一道去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!