…Nick whatever the fuck his name was, at my party.
剩下的就很容易解释了
And it didn’t take much to figure out the rest.
那不能怪尼克
It wasn’t Nick’s fault.
得怪我
It was mine.
当然是尼克的错
Of course it was Nick’s fault.
如果他不跟你说就什么事都没有
If he hadn’t mentioned it to you, none of this would’ve happened.
是我向那些人介绍的这个混♥蛋♥…
I recommended that cocksucker to those people…
…结果他害得我灰头土脸的
…and he’s made me look like a complete asshole.
我能怎么说呢?
What can I say?
我…
I had…
…根本…
…absolutely…
…不知道这件事会牵涉到你
…no idea you were involved in any way.
这我知道 比尔
I know you didn’t, Bill.
但我也知道你…
But I also know that you…
你今早去过尼克住的酒店…
You went to Nick’s hotel this morning…
…和前台服务员聊过
…and talked to the desk clerk.
你怎么知道?
How do you know that?
因为我有人跟踪你
Because I had you followed.
你有人跟踪我?
You had me followed?
行了 行了 我很抱歉
Okay, okay, I’m sorry.
行吗? 我向你道歉
All right? I owe you an apology.
但这是为你好 相信我
This was for your own good, believe me.
我知道前台雇员跟你说了什么 但他没告诉你的是…
I know what the desk clerk told you. But what he didn’t tell you is…
…他们只是把尼克送上了回西雅图的飞机
…all they did was put Nick on a plane to Seattle.
现在他也许已经到家…
By now he’s probably back with his family…
…正和老婆大干呢
…banging Mrs.Nick.
那个雇员说他脸上有瘀伤
The clerk said he had a bruise on his face.
好吧 他脸上是有瘀伤
Okay, he had a bruise on his face.
那已经比他该受的惩罚轻多了
That’s a hell of a lot less than he deserves.
我相信你还不知道 自己昨晚遇上的是什么麻烦
I don’t think you realize what kind of trouble you were in last night.
你以为那些是什么人?
Who do you think those people were?
那些人都大有来头
Those were not just ordinary people there.
如果我说出他们的名字… 我不会说…
If I told you their names… I’m not gonna tell you their names…
…但如果我说出来 恐怕你会吓得睡不着觉
…but if I did, I don’t think you’d sleep so well.
是不是第二个暗号♥?
Was it the second password?
让我露了马脚?
Is that what gave me away?
可以这么说
Yes, finally.
但不是因为你不知道
But not because you didn’t know it.
而是因为没有第二个暗号♥
It’s because there was no second password.
其他都是次要的 比如别人都是坐豪华轿车…
Of course it didn’t help a whole lot that those people arrive in limos…
…而你却是坐计程车
…and you showed up in a taxi.
或是他们在你的 外套口袋里发现一张租服装的收据…
Or that they found the receipt from the rental house in your coat…
…泄漏了你的身份
…made out to you-know-who.
当时在那有个女人…
There was a woman there…
…她试着警告过我
…who tried to warn me.
我知道
I know.
知道她的身份吗?
Do you know who she was?
她是个妓♥女♥
She was a hooker.
抱歉 但…
Sorry, but…
…她确实是妓♥女♥
…that’s what she was.
妓♥女♥
A hooker.
我可以告诉你…
Suppose I told you…
…你在那遇到的每件事情…
…that everything that happened to you there…
…那些威胁 那个女孩对你的警告…
…the threats, the girl’s warnings…
…她在最后时刻置身其中…
…her last-minute intervention…
…我得说这一切…
…suppose I said that all of that…
…都是在演戏
…was staged.
那只是一种假象
That it was a kind of charade.
是假的
That it was fake.
假的?
Fake?
对 假的
Yes. Fake.
为什么要这样做?
Why would they do that?
为什么?
Why?
简而言之…
In plain words…
…就是想把你吓个半死
…to scare the living shit out of you.
让你对自己看到的一切…
To keep you quiet about where you’d been…
…守口如瓶
…and what you’d seen.
你看过这个没有?
Have you seen this?
“前选美皇后在酒店吸毒过量昏迷不醒”
是的 我看过
Yes, I have.
我在停尸房♥看到了她的尸体
I saw her body in the morgue.
她是不是晚会上的那个女人?
Was she the woman at the party?
是她
She was.
躺在停尸房♥里的那个女人…
The woman lying dead in the morgue…
…就是晚会上的那个
…was the woman at the party.
维克多 也许我还漏掉了什么
Well, Victor, maybe I’m missing something here.
你说那是假的 是个假象
You called it a fake, a charade.
那介不介意告诉我哪种该死的假象…
Do you mind telling me what kind of fucking charade…
…要以有人丧命而告终?
…ends with somebody turning up dead?
好了 比尔 我们别说这些废话了 行吗?
Okay, Bill, let’s cut the bullshit. All right?
过去24小时你都是在多管闲事
You’ve been way out of your depth for the last 24 hours.
你想知道是哪种假象? 那我就告诉你是哪种
You want to know what kind of charade? I’ll tell you exactly what kind.
那整场演出 那场甘愿以身相代…
That whole play-acted, “take me” phony sacrifice…
…令你浮想联翩的好戏 和她真正的死因没有半点关系
…that you’ve been jerking off with had nothing to do with her real death.
你走了之后她什么事都没有发生
Nothing happened after you left that hadn’t happened to her before.
只不过吸毒吸得神智不清了而已
She got her brains fucked out. Period.
他们送她回家时她还好好的…
When they took her home, she was just fine…
…其他的报纸上都有
…and the rest is in the paper.
她是个毒鬼 吸毒过了量 根本没什么可怀疑的
She was a junkie. She OD’d. There was nothing suspicious.
她的门是从里面反锁的 警♥察♥很高兴事情能到此为止
Her door was locked from the inside. The police are happy. End of story.
拜托 这种结果对她来说只是迟早的事
Come on. It was always gonna be just a matter of time with her.
你自己不也说过吗?
Remember, you told her so yourself.
记得在我洗手间里有对大奶♥子♥的那个吗?
You remember, the one with the great tits who OD’d in my bathroom?
听着 比尔 没有谁杀死任何人
Listen, Bill, nobody killed anybody.
有人死了 这再普通不过
Someone died. It happens all the time.
但生活还得继续
But life goes on.
一切照旧…
It always does…
…到死为止
…until it doesn’t.
你也知道是吧?
But you know that, don’t you?
我会原原本本告诉你
I’ll tell you everything.
我会原原本本告诉你
I’ll tell you everything.
海莲娜就快醒了
Helena’s gonna be up soon.
她还盼着我们今天带她去买♥♥圣诞礼物
She’s expecting us to take her Christmas shopping today.
真好看
That’s nice.
我能把洋娃娃放在里边
I could put Sabrina in here.
它真漂亮
It’s really pretty.
是老式的
It’s old-fashioned.
它可真大
He’s big.
我希望圣诞老人能送一个给我作礼物
I hope Santa Claus gets me one of these for Christmas.
是吗?
You do?
那你得等着看会不会
Well, you’re gonna have to wait and see.
你觉得我们该怎么做?
What do you think we should do?
我觉得该怎么做?
What do I think we should do?
看 妈妈
Look, Mommy!
我的想法? 我不知道
What do I think? I don’t know.
我是说 也许…
I mean, maybe…
我觉得也许…
Maybe I think…
…我们应该庆幸
…we should be grateful.
庆幸…
Grateful…
…我们能平平安安撑过所有那些…
…that we’ve managed to survive through all of our…
…冒险…
…adventures…
…不管是真实的…
…whether they were real…
…抑或仅仅是一场梦
…or only a dream.
你肯定那仅仅是一场梦?
Are you sure of that?
我肯不肯定?
Am I sure?
…我能肯定的只是…
Only as sure as I am…
…一个晚上的真实性…
…that the reality of one night…
…远远说不上一辈子…
…let alone that of a whole lifetime…
…能随时做到完全真实
…can ever be the whole truth.
而一场梦也不会…
And no dream is ever…
…仅仅是一场梦
…just a dream.