这行动不被自己人给搅了就算幸运了
We’ll be lucky if our man hasn’t blown the whole operation.
哈罗德 我们合法吗
Harold, where are we legally?
– 算上这女孩 – 对
– With the girl? – Yes.
我们可以行动吗
Are we in the clear?
我要再次向上请示
Again, I would refer up.
不 不 我是在问你
No. No. I’m asking you.
这行动不能再拖了
We cannot hold up this operation any longer.
我们要采取一切合理的步骤
We need to take all
最大限度地减小附加伤害
reasonable steps to minimize collateral damage.
只要我们买♥♥她的面包就…
If we’re buying her bread then…
不行
We’re not.
我们不再买♥♥她的面包了 结束了
We’re not buying her bread. That’s over.
有许多孩子的生命危在旦夕 而这儿只有一个
Many children’s lives are at risk. This is just one girl.
可以行动吗 行还是不行 拜托 做个决定
Are we clear to engage, yes or no? Come on, make a decision.
恕我冒昧 女士 这些决定不是由我来做的
With respect, ma’am, I don’t make those decisions.
我在这儿只是你的法律顾问
I’m here to advise you on the law!
法律在这儿妨碍你行动的
The law is not here to get in your way,
它是为了保护你 保护你的目标
it is here to protect you, and to protect your target.
别给我上课 哈罗德
Don’t lecture me, Harold!
女士 从法律上讲
Ma’am, the legal questions of necessity
其必要性与恰当性都没什么问题
and proportionality are almost certainly met.
但为了保护你
But for the protection of you,
保护那个小女孩
and for the protection of that girl,
我得向检察官汇报
I would refer up to the Attorney General.
班森
Benson.
弗兰克 我可以和检察官说话吗
Frank, may I speak to the Attorney General?
连接鲍威尔上校
Connect us to Colonel Powell.
乔治
George.
她想和你说话
She wants to talk to you.
说吧 凯瑟琳
Go ahead, Katherine.
阁下 我们的律师说小女孩的在场
Sir, our lawyer says the girl’s presence
没有从根本上改变这一行动的合法性
has not necessarily altered the legitimacy of our operation.
然而他需要对此得到确认
But he does need that confirmed.
她可能的遭遇我们评估了吗
Do we have an assessment of what might happen to her?
如果采取行动 分♥析♥员评估其致命伤害率
The targeteer assesses a 65 to 75% chance
是65%至75%
of fatal injury should we proceed.
但他也评估了如果炸♥弹♥背心
But he has also assessed a projected loss of life
在闹市区被引爆 预计会有多达八十名
of up to 80 men, women and children
男人 妇女和儿童丧生
if the vests are detonated in an urban area.
当然目前这只是猜测
Now that’s a guess, of course,
但我们理应假定他们的目标就是人群拥挤之处
but we should assume they intend to target a crowded location.
65%的评估值
A 65% assessment
就需要我们采取一切可行措施
requires us to do whatever we can
把她弄出这个区域
to enable her to be removed from the scene.
在可行的时间里
We have done what we can for her
我们已经为她尽力了
in the time available to us.
如果拖延到他们走了
If we wait and they leave,
事态就不在我们的掌控之中了
we will no longer have control of the situation.
必须立刻攻击
We must strike now.
针对这样的情形没有什么相应的法律
There is no law covering a situation quite like this.
发射导弹时希望街上一直没有闲人
It’s one thing to release a missile whilst the street is clear
是一♥码♥事
in the hope that it will remain so.
但明知这个小女孩
It’s quite another thing knowing that
不是致命
this girl will,
就是重伤
at worst, be fatally injured
那就是另一♥码♥事了
and, at best severely injured.
因此很抱歉
So, I’m sorry, I disagree
我不能同意你们诺斯伍德的律师发表的看法
with the assessment of your lawyer at Northwood.
没错
Agreed.
我希望不要让
I hope the fact that she’s a
这位乖巧的小女孩左右了你们的判断
sweet little girl is not clouding yourjudgment.
如果这帮人离开 会有数十名
Dozens of other little girls’ lives
其他小女孩命在旦夕
are at stake if these men leave.
抱歉
I’m sorry, but we have a
白宫有位吉莉安·高曼小姐
Miss Jillian Goldman from the White House
请求连线
asking to be patched in.
– 谁 – 吉莉安·高曼
– Who? – Jillian Goldman.
她是美国国♥家♥安♥全♥委员会的高级法律顾问
She’s a Senior Legal Adviser at the US National Security Council.
国务卿向她通报了此事
She’s been briefed by the Secretary of State.
接通她
Put her through.
下午好 非常感谢允许我发表意见
Good afternoon and thank you for allowing me to comment.
感谢你的加入
Yeah, thanks for joining us.
正如贵方委员会的军事成员所知
As the military members of your committee know,
考虑附加伤害
we have a point system that takes into account collateral damage
来推断空袭的合法性 是可行的
to deduce what is and what is not a legal strike.
让我来明确地告诉你们
And let me tell you categorically
出现这种新状况
that the existence of this new circumstance
不会让我们超越合法军事行动的界限
does not push us beyond a legitimate military action.
这个问题上不会引起争端
We are way off what we would consider a dispute in this matter.
高曼小姐 对于附加伤害的问题
Miss Goldman, we have a somewhat different approach
我们的看法稍微有点不同
to the question of collateral damage.
阁下 必须立刻行动 有两个人
Sir, you must act now. You have two men
即将实施自杀袭击
about to embark on a suicide mission.
总统东非处通缉名单上的第二位 第四位
You have number two, four, and five
和第五位均在你们的视野之中
on the President’s East Africa kill list in your sights,
就因为一个附加伤害问题
and you are putting the whole mission at risk
拿整个行动冒险吗
because of one collateral damage issue?
我知道这个任务是由你们来主持
I realize that this mission is your call,
但如果你们让这帮人溜了
but there would be some mighty angry people
并让某个购物中心被炸上天
here at the White House and at the Pentagon,
那会让
and out there in the world
白宫和五角大楼
if you allow these people to leave
乃至全世界的人为之震怒
and blow a shopping mall to kingdom come.
抱歉 外♥交♥部♥长要接入
I’m sorry. We have the Foreign Secretary wanting to join.
好 感谢你的看法 高曼小姐
Right. We appreciate your thoughts, Miss Goldman.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
下午好 各位 请原谅我这副模样
Good afternoon, everybody. Excuse my appearance.
这儿是晚上了 我又摊上了食物中毒
It’s night here, and I have a bout of food poisoning.
很抱歉把你从病床上拖下来
Sorry to drag you from your sick bed.
没关系
That’s quite all right.
乔治 不知我的理解是否正确
George, do I understand this correctly?
你们正在商讨一个法律问题
There’s a legal argument for waiting
想等这个小女孩把面包都卖♥♥了
and giving this girl a chance to sell her bread?
是这样的
Yes, there is.
但反过来说这不意味着
But, conversely, it does not mean
现在发射导弹
that there is not also a legal argument
就没有法律争议
for releasing the weapon now.
抱歉 我还是不太明白
Forgive me, I’m not sure that helps me.
外♥交♥部♥长 从军事上讲需要立刻动手
Foreign Secretary, there is a military necessity for acting now.
我们认为
In our view, they’ll be
他们随时会离开那栋房♥子
making a move from that house at any moment.
先生们 你们要向我合法推荐的行动是什么
Gentlemen, what action is being legally recommended to me?
詹姆斯 法律争议在于我们可以等
James, the legal argument is that we could wait,
却无需去等
but we need not wait.
而军方的观点是我们不应该等
And the military argument is that we should not wait.
– 对吗 – 正是
– Right? – Exactly.
我的建议是这个行动
It’s my recommendation that we should not delay
不应该拖延
in proceeding with this mission.
如果现在不行动
If we don’t act now, we risk losing
八十条性命就危在旦夕
the lives of up to 80 people.
这个死亡数据只是你假定的
You can only assume those deaths.
而肯定的是 如果现在行动
What is certain is that if we do act now,
这位小女孩肯定会死
this one girl will suffer.
你要冒着八十个人的风险来救一个女孩
And you would save her and risk killing 80 others?
是的 我愿意冒这个险来救她
Yes, I would save her and take that risk.
我会这么做的
That is what I would do.
安吉拉 到时候
Angela, is it you or me
谁会被”今日”请去解释
who will be invited onto the Today program
为何明知道购物中心会被袭击
to explain why we knew of the attack

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!