a problem that we never talk about,”
发给游客的这张白色的小卡片
says this small white card given to visitors…
怎么了
What’s the matter?
你说什么
Just say when.
你己经采访过了
Um, you already got your interview,
所以能否…
so can you…
结合
The magical combination
争论 名人和彩绘大象
of controversy, celebrity, and the painted elephant
让这场展览会变成了大事件
turned the show into an event.
展览会馆就像莫纳博物馆
We had the sort of attendance that you get for a decent show
那样热闹
at the Museum of Modern Art or something,
只有三天的时间 街道上排成了长龙
only over three days and in skid row.
我觉得许多艺术界人士…
So I think a lot of the people in the art world
都会对此感到有点困惑
were a little bit confused as to how that would happen, you know?
老实说 和我们一样
As were we, to be honest.
徘徊在法律边缘
“Barely Legal”
街头艺术被
marked the point at which street art
推到了聚光灯前
was forced into the spotlight,
顿时引起了艺术界的关注
attracting sudden interest from the art establishment.
在接下来的几个月内
In the months that followed,
街头艺术的领头人们的艺术作品价格飘升
prices for work by leading street artists rocketed,
由于收藏者们疯狂介入
with collectors rushing to get in
这一新市场
on this exciting new market.
编号♥33A 班克斯作品
Lot number 33A, Banksy,
折断的电♥话♥亭
the vandalized phone box.
现在开始拍卖♥♥ 低价是一万美元
And I’ll start the bid at $100, 000.
十一万 十二万
$110, 000, $120, 000,
十三万 十四万
$130, 000, $140, 000…
街头艺术变成了广为流行的艺术商品
Street art had become a white-hot commodity.
现在 没有班克斯
Now no serious contemporary art collection
现代艺术作品就不完整
would be complete without a Banksy.
五十五万美元成交
For $550, 000.
那些小兔子是沃霍尔
Those little bunnies are Warhols.
那是一位歌♥星
That’s a Lichtenstein.
那是基思·哈灵 并非对他不敬
And then that’s Keith Haring, who I’m not a fan of.
安迪·沃霍尔的画像是我的第一幅收藏
The Andy Warhol “Mao” is the first thing I ever bought.
那时我才20岁 我把它佳在墙上
I was, like, 20 years old, and I put it on layaway,
很小的一幅涂鸦画
and it’s, you know, the smaller “Mao”.
很漂亮
And it’s beautiful.
真的很漂亮 不过我现在放进了壁橱里
I mean, it’s beautiful, but it’s in the…it’s in the closet.
对 这是班克斯的作品 很大的一幅
Oh, yeah, here’s the Ba…here’s a big Banksy.
是从洛杉矶的展览会上买♥♥的
That one’s from the show in L.A.
我觉得班克斯是个天才
I saw Banksy, and I thought he was a genius,
我介绍了很多人买♥♥他的作品
and every person I told about him bought something,
他们喜欢毕加索 蒙德雷
like people who have Picassos and, you know, Mondrians
保尔·克雷…
and Paul Klee and…
我不知道还有谁
God, I don’t even know who else.
他们有一系列收藏品
They have…I mean, serious collections.
通过这些著名的拍卖♥♥行
So then these famous auction houses,
街头艺术突然火了起来
all of a sudden, they were selling street art,
一切都变得有点疯狂
and everything was getting a bit crazier,
我的作品一下子成了商品
and suddenly, it had all become about the money,
但我从来不是为了钱
but it never was about the money.
所以我对泰瑞说
So I said to Thierry,
“你拍了这么多录像
“Right, you have the footage.
你可以告诉人们艺术到底是什么”
You can tell the real story of what this art is about.”
名利都不是目的
“It’s not about the hype. It’s not about the money.”
现在是时候了
“Now is the time.
你需要让你的电影出现
You need to get your film out.”
班克斯让泰瑞真正了解到了摄影的意义
Banksy had put Thierry well and truly on the spot.
他现在需要设计一种方式
He now had to devise a way
将几千小时没有看过的录影带
to transform thousands of hours of unwatched tapes
转利成一部具有历史意义的
into the epic documentary
令大家期盼己久的纪录片
he had been promising everyone for so long.
于是我们开始在我家后面工作
So we start working in the back of my house,
进行一些剪接
doing some editing.
这就像是我看到的画面
It was, like, kind of a vision that I saw.
我的制♥作♥方式
And the way that I made it,
实际上就是用那种方法
I really did it kind of the way,
就像是当你有一个桶
you know, like, when you have a bucket
里面有许多编号♥
and you have a lot of numbers
你说…
and you said…
你拿出一张 打开来看
you look in one, and you open,
你说”这是12号♥”
and you said,”This is the number 12.”
这就是我的制♥作♥方法
This is the way that I made it, kind of way.
我从这卷录影带里截取一些 那卷录影带里截取一些
I used to…couple tape here, couple tape here,
从这里拿出一点
couple tape here, couple tape here,
从那里拿出一点
take a little piece over here,
一点 一点
a little piece of that, a little piece of that,
这就是我的制♥作♥方式
and this is the way that I made it.
好了 现在 我们回放一点
Okay, now let’s go back a little bit
再看一遍
and do a review, because…
我说过
Like, what I say:
我像是在下象棋
I’m playing chess.
我不会下象棋
I don’t know how to play chess,
但人生对我来说就像是一蛊棋
but life is a chess game for me.
接下来的春天 泰瑞回到了英国
The following spring, Thierry returned to England.
我要玩蹦床
I’m gonna do a flip.
他这些年来拍摄的
All his years of filming
几千小时的材料
and thousands of hours of material
被整合成了一部90分钟的影片
had been crafted into a 90-minute film
加上了一个有趣的标题”人生遥控器”
with the intriguing title “Life Remote Control”.
他来到了伦敦
He called up, and he came to London
因为他说 他要完成这部电影
because he said he’d nearly finished the film,
他给了我一张DVD碟片
and he came round my house and put the DVD on,
说 就是这个
and he said,”This is it.
我己经完成了
It’s nearly finished.”
当时我发现也许
Um…you know, it was at that point that I realized
泰瑞不懂得制♥作♥电影
that maybe Thierry wasn’t actually a filmmaker
他只是随意的
and he was maybe just someone with mental problems
把录影片段拼凑在一起而己
who happened to have a camera.
影片一直很枯燥乏味
It just seemed to go on and on.
一个半小时
It was an hour and a half
都是不堪入目的梦魇似的毛♥片♥
of unwatchable nightmare trailers,
就像是一个人拿着遥控器
essentially like somebody with a short attention span
在很短的时间之内
with a remote control
连续换了900个频道似的
flicking through a cable box of 900 channels.
世界和平
Peace to the whole world.
你必须以大局为重
You have to keep an eye on the big picture.
我告诉他 我从没见过这样的电影
I told him I’d never seen anything like it,
我对他撒了谎
and I wasn’t lying about that.
我觉得当别人
Yeah, I was faced with that terrible thing
给你看他的作品时
when somebody shows you their work
你觉得只是一对垃圾这感觉很糟糕
and everything about it is shit
所以你不知道该如何启齿
so you don’t really know where to start.
他说 还不错
He’s like,”It’s good,” you know?
挺不错的 不错
“It’s good,” you know? “It’s good.”
我是说
I mean, the thing is
将泰瑞拍摄的这些珍贵的影片
that Thierry had all this amazing footage
这一切的东西
of all this stuff that, you know,
变成街头艺术的小世界
in this tiny world of street art,
是件很重要的事
was kind of important,
这是可一不可再的事
and it was never gonna happen again.
所以我觉得应该制♥作♥一部
So it felt right to at least make something
有欣赏价值的电影
that you could actually watch about it.
我心想 也许我可以试试看
So I thought, you know, maybe I could have a go.
虽然我没有制♥作♥过电影
I mean, I don’t know how to make a film,
显然不比泰瑞经验丰富
but obviously, that hadn’t stopped Thierry,
我要向他请教如何操作 所以我说
in order to do it, so I said,
“你为什么不张贴一些海报制 作一些艺术作品
“Why don’t you go and put up some more of your posters
办个展览会