refused to discuss security arrangements today
就在一位名叫班克斯的涂鸦艺术家
after a graffiti artist known as Banksy
将自己的一幅画留在了
was able to leave one of his own paintings
画廊的山水画展览厅之后
in the gallery’s landscape room.
我听说过这位班克斯先生
I hear about this Banksy.
谁是班克斯 班克斯
“Who’s Banksy? Banksy?
这是班克斯
Banksy this.”
我真的很喜欢这家伙
And I said,”I really like that guy.”
你知道吗
You know?
就好像
And it’s like,
我很想很想采访这个人
“I want…I want…I want to interview this guy.”
泰瑞不是唯一一个对他感兴趣的人
Thierry wasn’t the only one intrigued.
到目前为止 传闻这位神秘的艺术家
By now, word about this mystery provocateur
野心不断扩张
and his increasingly ambitious adventures
己经远远超过了世界街头艺术
was radiating far beyond the world of street art.
班克斯最初是一名涂鸦艺术家
Banksy had started out as a provincial graffiti artist,
但不久之后 他的作品遍及整个英国
but before long, his stencils were appearing all over Britain.
通过他自创的艺术作品
Through a series of DIY art shows,
如今班克斯将破坏艺术提升到了一个新的层次
Banksy was now taking vandalism in an entirely new direction.
我问过太空入侵者
So I ask Space Invader.
我问过所有人
I ask everybody that I knew.
我该如何找到这个人
“How can I get this guy? ”
他们回答”这不可能”
They said,”It’s impossible”.
“这是不可能的”
“It’s impossible.”
但我一直有个信念
But my focus in my head, it was like,
告诉自己能找到他 我一定能找到他
“How am I gonna make it? How am I gonna make it?
虽然机会渺茫 但我一定能找到他
It’s impossible, but how am I gonna make it? ”
在泰瑞寻找他的电影当中
While Thierry schemes to find a way
缺失的这位主角时
to the one missing star of his film,
他的其他几位主角仍在继续
his other subjects carried on,
让泰瑞捕捉创作过程
letting Thierry capture every moment
的每个时刻
of their creative process.
然而他们没有人怀疑
What none of them suspected
泰瑞的街头艺术纪录片
was that Thierry’s street art documentary
实际上是不存在的
didn’t actually exist.
我拍摄的所有的录影带即使效果很棒
All the tape that I film, even if it was good,
也都不知所踪
it was going nowhere.
有的放进了盒子里
It was going in a box somewhere.
有时候我甚至不在上面做标记
Sometime I don’t even write anything.
有时候我标上年份
Sometime I write the year.
有时候我什么都不标
Sometime I write nothing.
但我从来都不看
But I would never watch it.
从来都没看过
Never, never, never.
卷录影带拍完之后
When it was filmed,
对我来说就是完成了
for me, it was done.
如何拍摄己经不重要了
It wasn’t important, how it was made.
重要的是它是什么
It was important what it was.
我的兴趣只在捕捉画面的过程
It was the capturation.
泰瑞疯狂的拍摄
Thierry’s extraordinary habit
一切事物的嗜好
of filming everything
以及把拍好的录影带全锁进箱子里
and locking the unwatched tapes
一眼都不看的习惯
away in boxes
是从小就在法国养成的
had its roots in his childhood in France.
我11岁的时候丧母
I lost my mother when I was 11 years old,
听到母亲的死讯那天
and the day that I find out about my mother,
我在学校里
I was at school.
我记得当时在操场
I remember I was in the playground,
有人过来
and somebody come up,
对我说 “你笑吧
and he says,”Oh, you’re laughing, eh?
你笑吧 你笑吧”
You’re laughing, eh? You’re laughing, eh? ”
他躲在门后
Like, behind the gate.
说”你妈死了”
“Your mother is dead.” Like this.
后来我
And after, I was like…
我回到教室才知道这消息是真的
I didn’t know, in reality, and after I went back to class,
我哭了起来 我也不知道
and I was crying, and I didn’t know.
这件事之后
And from that things,
他们就把我带走了
they took me away.
我再也没回过家
I never went home again.
我去了一个表弟家远离这一切
I went to a cousin or something outside of what happened,
什么都不要看见
not to see anything.
他们不让我看到一切发生的事
You know, they just took me away from everything happened.
泰瑞是这个大家庭当中最小的该子
The youngest in a large family,
母亲的病一直都瞒着他
his mother’s illness had been kept from Thierry,
她去世之后
and after her death,
泰瑞错过了这个重大的日子
the sense that he had missed such an important event
让他一直无法释怀
stayed with him.
后来 作为一名成年人 自己养家糊口
Later, as an adult raising his own family,
泰瑞觉得
Thierry became increasingly compelled
用摄像机记录下 身边的人和事是很有必要的
by the need to record the people and events around him.
我觉得我应该用摄像机拍下一切
You know, I felt like I should capture everything on film,
因为我觉得一切画面
because I felt like everything
都有必要捕捉下来
that I would capture at these moments,
我人生的任何一刻
any time in my life
都有可能成为最后一刻
would be the last time that I would see it the same way.
摄影成了我的需要
It was like a need to be captured.
我可以将每一刻永远保留下来
I would make them live forever,
那些重要的时刻永远保存下来
those moments, you know, forever and ever.
制♥作♥纪录片
Making a documentary,
是拍摄这些人的关键
it was like having the key of getting all these people.
所以我才一直跟着他们
That’s why I kept following them,
跟这他们 跟着他们
following them, following them.
由于我之前从来没有 制♥作♥过电影
And because I never made a movie before
所以我不知道该如何停止
and I don’t know how to stop…
我不知道该如何停止
and I don’t know how to stop…
我不断继续
I kept going.
随着泰瑞坚持
As Thierry persevered
拍摄全世界的街头艺术
with his quest to capture the world of street art in its entirety,
那位最吸引他的艺术家
the profile of the one artist who eluded him
变得越来越重要
was about to become bigger than ever.
他最近的行为引发了越来越多的争议
He faced Israeli army fire to pull off his latest stunt.
这位破坏涂鸦艺术家班克斯的作品…
Subversive graffiti artist Banksy, whose work…
将目标定为世界最声名狼藉的一堵墙
By targeting the world’s most notorious wall,
班克斯将一起肇事逃跑破坏事件
Banksy turned a spot of hit-and-run vandalism
变成了一条国际新闻
into an international news event.
现在似乎每个人
Now it seemed everyone
都想知道一个问题的答案
wanted to know the answer to one question:
班克斯到底是谁
Who was Banksy?
他的作品似乎无处不在
His work seemed to be everywhere,
然而这位艺术家本人 却从未露过面
but the artist himself remained as elusive as ever.
他是唯一一个我没找到的艺术家
He was, like, the only one that I don’t have,
所有曾经从事街头艺术工作的人
and people that used to be in street art,
都告诉我他没有电♥话♥号♥码
they all tell you,”Yeah, he doesn’t have a phone,”
即使他们有他的电♥话♥号♥码
or they…even if they do have it,
也不会告诉我
they wouldn’t give it to me, you know?
我不知道如何才能找到这个人
I didn’t know what way that I’m gonna get this person,
哪位天使能带我找到这个人
you know, what angel was gonna bring me to that person.
失去了前进的动力
With no leads to go on,
泰瑞不得不接受他也许永远无法找到
Thierry was forced to accept that he may never find a way
这个英国人
to the mysterious Englishman.
后来 奇迹般地…
And then, miraculously…
2006年的春天 我来到洛杉肌
So I went to Los Angeles at about spring 2006,
到那儿之后
and when I got there,
我需要找个
the guy that was supposed to be helping me
好向导
got turned back at immigration,
所以我问洛杉矶的熟人
so I rang the only person I knew in Los Angeles
能否帮我
and asked them if they could help me,
他们说 有个法国人
and they said,”Well, there’s this French guy
他认识太空入侵者
who’s a cousin of Space Invader,
他知道洛杉矶所有最好的墙
and he knows where all the best walls are in L.A.
他可以帮你
He can help you out.”
我在洛杉矶的市中心 有一天

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!