they’re interacting with a computer,
测试就通过了
the test is passed.
那通过意味着什么
And what does a pass tell us?
电脑具有人工智能
That the computer has artificial intelligence.
你在制♥造♥人工智能机器人
Are you building an AI?
我已经造出了一台
I’ve already built one.
在接下来的几天里
And over the next few days,
你就是图灵测试中的那个人
you’re gonna be the human component in a Turing Test.
-天啊 -对 凯勒布 你明白了
– Holy shit. – Yeah, that’s right, Caleb. You got it.
因为如果测试通过
Because if that test is passed,
你就处在
you are dead center
人类历史中最伟大的科学事件的中心
of the greatest scientific event in the history of man.
如果你造出了一台有意识的机器
If you’ve created a conscious machine,
那就不是人类的历史了
it’s not the history of man.
而是神的历史
That’s the history of Gods.
艾 娃 第 一 次 会 面
你好
Hello.
你好
Hi.
我是凯勒布
I’m Caleb.
你好 凯勒布
Hello, Caleb.
你有名字吗
Do you have a name?
有
Yes.
艾娃
Ava.
很高兴见到你 艾娃
I’m pleased to meet you, Ava.
我也很高兴见到你
I’m pleased to meet you, too.
我还没见过新面孔呢
I’ve never met anyone new before.
只有内森
Only Nathan.
看来我和你一样
Then I guess we’re both in quite a similar position.
你之前没见过其他人吗
Haven’t you met lots of new people before?
他们都不像你
None like you.
那么我们需要打破坚冰
So we need to break the ice.
-你知道我这么说是什么意思吗 -知道
– Do you know what I mean by that? – Yes.
我是什么意思
What do I mean?
克服最初的社交尴尬
Overcome initial social awkwardness.
那我们来对话吧
So let’s have a conversation.
好的
Okay.
你想谈点什么
What would you like to have a conversation about?
先告诉我一些你自己的事情吧
Why don’t we start with you telling me something about yourself?
你想知道些什么
What would you like to know?
你想到什么就说什么
Whatever comes into your head.
你已经知道我的名字了
Well, you already know my name.
你也能看出来 我是台机器
And you can see that I’m a machine.
-你想知道我的年龄吗 -好
– Would you like to know how old I am? – Sure.
我一
I’m one.
一什么
One what?
-一年还是一天 -一
– One year or one day? – One.
你什么时候学会说话的 艾娃
When did you learn how to speak, Ava?
我一直都知道如何说话
I always knew how to speak,
这很奇怪 对吧
and that’s strange, isn’t it?
为什么
Why?
因为语言是人们通过学习才能获得的
Because language is something that people acquire.
也有人认为
Well, some people believe
语言从出生就存在
language exists from birth.
人们只是在学习使用这种能力
And what is learned is the ability to attach words
遣词造句 你同意这种说法吗
and structure to the latent ability. Do you agree with that?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你明天还会来吗 凯勒布
Will you come back tomorrow, Caleb?
会
Yes.
好
Good.
她简直太迷人了
Oh, man, she’s fascinating.
跟她谈话 你简直就像…
When you talk to her, you’re just…
穿过镜子
Through the looking glass.
“穿过镜子”
“Through the looking glass.” Wow.
你真会遣词造句 凯勒布 别人可以引用你的话玏
You’re good with words, Caleb. You’re quotable.
其实 这是别人的话
Actually, that’s someone else’s quote.
我记下了你说的另一句话
You know, I wrote down that other line you came up with.
就是那句
The one about how
如果我发明了有意识的机器
if I’ve invented a machine with consciousness,
我就不是个人 而是上帝
I’m not a man, I’m God.
我觉得我不是那个…
I don’t think that’s exactly what I…
我在想 “操 简直棒极了”
I just thought, “Fuck, man, that is so good.”
等以后跟别人讲起这件事
When we get to tell the story. You know?
我转向凯勒布
I turned to Caleb,
他看着我 说
and he looked up at me and he said,
“你不是个人 而是上帝”
“You’re not a man, you’re God.”
对 但我没这么说
Yeah, but I didn’t say that.
那么…
So…
不管怎么说
anyway-
你觉得很厉害
You’re impressed.
当然 当然
Yes. Yes.
-不过 -不过
– Although… – Although?
你对厉害还有个评价标准吗
There’s a qualification to you being impressed?
不 在她身上没有标准
No, there’s no qualification to her.
只是在图灵测试中
Uh, it’s just in the Turing Test,
机器不应该直接接触测试者
the machine should be hidden from the examiner.
不 我们早就越过了那个阶段
No, no, no, we’re way past that.
如果我不让你看见艾娃
If I hid Ava from you,
你只能听见她的声音 她肯定会通过
so you just heard her voice, she would pass for human.
真正的测试是让你看到她是个机器人
The real test is to show you that she’s a robot
却你仍然觉得她有意识
and then see if you still feel she has consciousness.
对 我觉得你可能是对的
Yeah, I think you’re probably right.
她的语言能力 简直不可思议
Her language abilities, they’re incredible.
系统是随机的 对吗
The system is stochastic. Right?
是不确定的
It’s non-deterministic.
起初我以为 她的语言
At first I thought she was mapping
是把语义映射到语法树上
from internal semantic form to syntactic tree-structure
再把单词有序排列起来
and then getting linearized words.
然后我意识到她还有别的机制
But then I started to realize the model was some kind of hybrid.
凯勒布
Caleb.
不对吗
No?
我明白你想让我解释艾娃的工作原理
I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works.
但很抱歉 我做不到
But I’m sorry, I’m not gonna be able to do that.
试试吧 我对高度抽象的东西很在行
Try me. I’m hot on high-level abstraction.
不是因为我觉得你太笨
It’s not because I think you’re too dumb.
是因为我只想跟你喝酒聊天
It’s because I want to have a beer and a conversation with you.
而不是学术研讨
Not a seminar.
好吧 抱歉
Yeah. Sorry.
没关系的
No, it’s okay. You’re all right.
就…
Just…
先回答我这个问题
Answer me this.
你对她感觉如何
How do you feel about her?
不用理性分♥析♥
Nothing analytical.
说说你的感觉
Just how do you feel?
我感觉
I feel
她太他妈的棒了
that she’s fucking amazing.
哥们
Dude.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
该死
Damn it.
搞什么
What the fuck?
电力中断 备用电源启动
Power cut. Backup power activated.
在主发电机恢复前 基地将处于锁定状态
Full facility lock-down until main generator is restored.
你在逗我
You’re kidding me.
在主发电机恢复前 基将地处于锁定状态
Full facility lock-down until main generator is restored.
电力恢复
Power restored.
有人吗
Hello?
请插入钥匙卡
Please insert keycard.
你没有使用电♥话♥的权限
You don’t have access to use the phone.
抱歉 你得明白 艾娃和你
Sorry, but you understand, though, given Ava,
对我都是未知数
and you being kind of an unknown.
你是个好人
I mean, a great guy.