Mrs Myra Gardener
奥德尔·加德纳
戏剧制片人
Odell Gardener
你早
Good morning.
还好 戴芬妮 就是淋浴水龙头
Sure, Daphne. But I could wish that my shower worked
不像我纽约家里的那个用起来那么方便
as snappily as the one that I’ve got back home in New York City.
在亚得里亚海哪能像美国那么方便呢
Oh, you can’t expect American plumbing in the Adriatic.
说得是 有淋浴就算不错了
I guess not. Well, at least we’ve got a shower.
去年奥德尔的表妹到南斯拉夫旅游
A cousin of Odell’s was at some place in Yugoslavia last year
就得在野外一个木棚子里洗澡 对不对 奥德尔
and had to wash in a kind of shack in a field. Isn’t that so, Odell?
不是我表妹 麦拉 是我姑妈
It wasn’t my cousin, Myra, it was my aunt.
明明是你的表妹塞尔玛·斯奈奇波尔
It was your cousin, Thelma Snatchball.
就算你对 不过是两个木棚
OK, if you insist. But there were two shacks.
客人和佣人分开的
One for the guests and one for the staff.
木棚很讲究
It was very… stylish.
船到了 戴芬妮 准备对付客人吧
Boat’s coming in, Daphne. Prepare to repel boarders.
应该是阿琳娜
That’ll be Arlena.
是不是阿琳娜·斯图尔特
Do you mean Arlena Stuart?
不 阿琳娜·马歇尔 几个月前她又嫁人了
No, Arlena Marshall. She remarried a couple of months ago.
太好了 没想到她也来了 这太好了
Oh, good God, darling, I didn’t know she was coming. Oh, how marvellous!
我最崇拜她了 真是不虚此行啊
I am her greatest fan. It will just make my vacation.
看过她最近的演出吗 《来去匆匆》
Did any of you happen to see that last show of hers, Hail and Farewell?
来去匆匆 不知不觉 你可把我迷上了
Hail and farewell, I’ll never tell. You’ve cast a spell over me…
后台老板是我们 忘了
We produced it. Remember, dear?
哦 天哪 你看我这记性
Oh, good God, darlings, I plumb forgot.
那是一台你们最卖♥♥钱的戏
Isn’t that the one that she walked out on after just three weeks
她演了三星期就罢演了 对吗
and your biggest hit in years?
你知道还问什么
You know damn well it was.
是什么原因 是不是突然病了
And just what was that? A sudden breakdown in health?
多半是突然财迷心窍了
More like a sudden attack of gold digging.
那就得改唱《匆匆分手》了
Which rather turned it into “Sail and Farewell”, eh?
不好笑
Funny man.
要真是阿琳娜 她最近衣着一定更豪华了
Well, if that’s Arlena, she must be being dressed by Woolworths these days.
那是雷德芬夫妇 我记得叫帕特里克和克里斯蒂娜
Oh, that’s… that’s the Redferns. Patrick and Christine, I seem to remember.
对不起 我得去准备准备了
Excuse me, I must put my hostess hat on.
不过这么一台好戏停演了
Anyway, darlings, it must have cost you a pretty bundle
你们一定赔了不少钱吧
closing a hit show like that.
你们对此有何感想
Would either of you care to comment on that?
你就找个凉快的地方玩去吧
Why don’t you go and play with yourself?
哪凉快去哪
Excessively.
粗话能代替幽默吗 不明白
Is coarseness a substitute for wit, I ask myself.
你们好 我是戴芬妮·卡梭 欢迎你们光临
Hello! I’m Daphne Castle. Welcome to the island.
您好
How do you do?
这儿真好 我们会很愉快的
Looks lovely. I’m sure we’ll have a nice time here.
还可以风流风流
Oh. And a naughty one, too, I hope.
-请登记一下 -风流
-Would you care to sign in? -Naughty?
否则出来旅游干嘛
It’s what are the holidays for,
还不是为了换换胃口 找点刺♥激♥
if you can’t do a spot of flirting and get a bit pissy boots?
太对了 饭前到岛上散散步 好吗
Quite right. Do you fancy a walk around the island before lunch, dear?
帕特里克 你明明知道我的头疼得厉害
Patrick, really! You know perfectly well that I’ve got a splitting headache
还要把衣服从箱子里拿出来
and I’ve got all the unpacking to do.
安德烈会领你们去你们的屋子
Andrea will show to your room, if you like.
谢谢
Thank you.
坐了两天船 又闷又热
After two days on that suffocating steamer
你怎么一点也不体贴我
I would have really thought that you’d have more consideration for me.
再说我生来就不
Anyway, I’m no good at…
不 先生 拜托别来找我了 不给了
Ah, non Monsieur! C’est détenu, s’il vous plaît!
我已经给过你钱了
Je vous ai déjà payé!
好吧 这是最后一次了 给你
Oh, c’est ta derniere fois. Voilà!
谢谢你让我受了足足有三小时的罪
Thank you for those three hours of pure and unadulterated hell.
阿琳娜·马歇尔夫人
当红女演员
Mrs Arlena Marshall
肯尼斯·马歇尔
忍♥气吞声的丈夫
Kenneth Marshall
也许你是头一次听说
This may come as a nasty surprise to you,
不过减振器在机动车上被普遍使用已经有三十年了
but shock absorbers have been standard on motorised vehicles for 30 years.
肯尼斯·马歇尔
忍♥气吞声的丈夫
Kenneth Marshall
别拿我的路易威登当车拉
Stop playing boules with my Vuitton!
琳达 鬼丫头 想想办法
Linda, you gormless oaf, do something!
什么办法
Like what?
叫他们别这样 傻丫头
Like stop them, cretin.
琳达·马歇尔小姐
马歇尔已故前妻的女儿
Miss Linda Marshall
肯尼斯 这真不像话
Kenneth! This is a nightmare.
别着急 阿琳娜 一会儿就到了
Take it easy, Arlena. We’ll soon be there.
一会儿我也受不了了
Soon? It can’t be soon enough for me.
这一路上没把我累死
Thanks for these dreadful journeys…
我们在地拉那火车站遇见的那个怪物 是不是他
Isn’t that the absurd little man we saw in the station at Tirana?
地拉那 阿尔巴尼亚首都
抢先坐上了唯一像样的那辆出租车
The one who pinched the only decent taxi from under your nose.
是的 就是他
Yes, I do believe it is.
您早
Good morning.
看来我们都是去戴芬妮那儿的
Since we are all obviously going to Daphne’s island,
认识一下吧
I’d better introduce myself.
我是肯尼斯·马歇尔 我的妻子阿琳娜
I’m Kenneth Marshall and this is my wife, Arlena.
-我是赫尔克里·波洛幸会夫人 -幸会
-Hercule Poirot. Enchantée, madame. -Charmed.
这是我继女儿 琳达
This is my stepdaughter, Linda.
琳达 别瞪着俩眼傻站着
Linda, do stop standing there like a coughdrop
快跟波洛先生问好啊
and say good morning to Monsieur Poirot.
-您早 -你好小姐
-Morning. -Bonjour, mademoiselle.
您一路上也受罪了吧 波洛先生
Was your journey as frightful as ours, Monsieur Poirot?
不过陆地上总比海上好啊 夫人
Alas, I fear the sea more than the land, madame.
哦 马歇尔先生 别惯坏了他们
Oh, Mr Marshall, I implore you not to spoil them.
回去的时候就要加倍收小费了
We have to pay double on the way home.
不过是20分钟的航程罢了
It’s only a 20-minute boat trip.
到了那岛上 哪怕路上再辛苦点也值啊 我向您保证
You’ll find it all worthwhile once we get to the island, I assure you.
这么说 您到过那儿
You mean you’ve been there before?
我三年前在这住过几天
Yes, I was there for a few days three years ago.
在我前妻病故以后
After the death of my first wife.
我的天
God’s teeth!
没事 亲爱的 这是放午炮
Don’t worry, darling. It’s only the noonday gun.
放午炮
The noonday gun?
每天到12点整就放
Yes, it’s fired every day at 12 o’clock
为了纪念1193年科索沃和梅托希亚的伟大军事胜利
to commemorate the glorious victory of Kosovo-Metohija in 1193.
据可靠人士说 当时为数不多的泰伦尼骑兵
I am reliably informed that a mere handful of Tyranian cavalry
打退了波斯尼亚五万精兵的疯狂进攻
routed over 50,000 barbarous Bosnian fanatics.
这是他们有史以来打的唯一胜仗
It was apparently the only military success in their entire history.
多余的一仗
One success too many.
阿琳娜 亲爱的 我爱你
Arlena! Arlena, darling, I love you!
坐这船比坐出租车更受罪
That tub was even more uncomfortable than that damned taxi.
这骚货要不肯演怎么办
What if the bitch refuses to do the show?
那些原本肯投资的 就不投资了
We’ll lose all our backers, that’s what.
因为我们是卖♥♥她的名气
After all, we sell the show on her name.
没想到我们的成败全得靠这个狐狸精
To think our futures are riding on that snake-eyed hussy!
欢迎你们的光临
Welcome to the island, everybody!
肯尼斯 见到你真是太好了
Kenneth, oh, it’s marvellous to see you!
这实在太好了
Absolutely marvellous.
你大概有两年没到我这儿来了吧
It must be at least two years since you were last on the island.
有三年了 我真想这儿 没有见过琳达吧
It’s three, actually. Wonderful to be here. You never met Linda, did you?
没有 没见过
No! No, I didn’t.
你好 你好啊 琳达 欢迎你光临
Hello! Hello, Linda. Welcome to the island.
还有 不认识阿琳娜吧
And I don’t think you know Arlena.
哦 认识 我认识
Oh! Oh, yes. Yes, I do.
阿琳娜和我是老搭档了
Arlena and I are old sparring partners.
你好 戴芬妮
Hello, Daphne.
-好多年了 -就像一转眼功夫
-Oh, it’s been years. -Well, a little time, yes.
老了
Years.
我和阿琳娜过去是一个歌♥舞团的
Arlena and I were in the chorus of a show together,
我可没她跳得好
not that I could ever compete.
就在那会儿 她不但总是踢腿
Even in those days, she could always throw her legs up in the air
比别人踢得都高
higher than any of us…
劈叉也更开
…and wider.
肯尼斯 我真没想到