规定一,了解你的产品
Rule number one, know your products.
不管它是一台电脑还是一张纸,知其如何运作
Okay, whether it’s a PC or a piece of paper; know how it works.
规定二,了解你的顾客
Number two, know your customers.
尽你所能了解他们
Learn everything you can about them.
听其所需及其所不需
Listen to what they want and what they don’t want.
规定三,更进一步,明白吗?
Rule number three, go the extra yard, okay?
没有答案时,将其找出,就这么简单
If you don’t have the answer; find it. it’s that simple.
好了,我们现在把这些规定整合一下
Okay, let’s go get those numbers up.
嗨,尼克 – 嗨,盖瑞
Hi, Nick. -Hey, Gary.
展示相当不错 – 多谢
Solid presentation there. -Thank you.
跟你上个月做的那个一样,对吧?
Same one you gave last month, right?
在休士顿怎么样?
How’d it go in Houston?
很好,相当好
Great. It went great.
你妻子如何? – 很好, 谢谢
How’s the wife? -She’s fine, thank you.
孩子呢? – 孩子?
Kids? -Kids?
我没有孩子
I don’t have kids.
噢,是的,你没有孩子
Oh, right. Yeah. You don’t have kids.
听着,尼克
So listen, Nick.
公♥司♥决定做一些变动
The company has decided to make a change.
我的业绩还是一如既往地稳定
My numbers are as solid as they’ve ever been.
这和业绩无关 – 我倾尽全力
it’s not about numbers anymore. -I’ve done everything the company
做到了公♥司♥让我做的一切
has asked me to do.
我许诺说我会控制饮酒,而我也做到了
I promised that my drinking would be under control, and it is.
但是显然在丹佛的时候你没有
Not in Denver, apparently.
我把这个公♥司♥推成了龙头企业,我的记录足以显示
I made this office into a major player My record reflects that.
你想谈谈你的记录吗,尼克?
You want to talk about your record, Nick?
1998年,带薪休假一个月,进行酗酒心理辅♥导♥
1998, one month paid leave for alcohol counseling.
2000年,又30天,2001年,被指控人身伤害
2000, another 30 days. 2001, accused of assault.
那是一场垒球比赛,那家伙封阻了本垒
It was a softball game. The guy was blocking the plate.
2003年,酒后驾车
2003, DUI.
2005年,撞毁了公♥司♥的车
2005, destruction of corporate car
我为这家公♥司♥奉献了16年
I’ve given 16 years of my life to this company.
公♥司♥也已经犒赏了你的忠诚
And the company has rewarded you very well for your loyalty.
古德逊先生和公♥司♥的其他高层希望你收下这个
Mr. Goodson and the rest of the higher-ups wanted you to have this
作为他们对你的欣赏的表现
as a token of their appreciation.
你可以把公♥司♥的车保留到月底
You can keep the corporate car until the end of the month.
你也能留着你的医疗福利,这就够好了
You can keep your health benefits, too, which is good.
当然你的文件都属公♥司♥财产
Your files are all corporate property, of course,
但是你可以带走三个装有你私人物品的文件箱
but you can take three file boxes with you containing your personal items.
差不多就这些了
That should just about cover it.
还要一杯樱桃思乐冰
And one of those cherry Slurpees, too.
就这个人吧 – 我来搞定
This guy. I don’t know. -I got it. I got it.
嘿,兄弟,我给你10美元买♥♥那打啤酒
Hey, bro, I’ll give you 10 bucks for that twack right there.
你们要喝酒是不是太嫩了?
Aren’t you a little young to be drinking beers?
你喝思乐冰是不是太老了,老家伙?
Aren’t you a little old to be drinking that Slurpee there, gray balls?
他们在学校就教了你们这些玩意儿么,小屁孩?
Is that what they teach you in school, little shit?
你说什么?
What?
嗨,你在吗?
Hi. Are you in there?
如果在的话,能改天再这样吗?
If you are, can this happen another day?
嗨,我是尼克,我回来了
Hi, it’s Nick. I’m back.
我收到你的信了
I got your letter
我真的想和你谈谈,行吗?
I really want to talk to you, okay?
我正在从草坪上搬这些东西呢
I ‘ll just be getting some of the stuff off the lawn
如果你愿意我也会走
and getting it out of here if that’s all right with you.
等你准备好了我们谈谈吧
When you’re ready, we can talk.
也许你已经听说了
And you probably already heard,
我今天失业了,所以…
I lost my job today. So…
好吧,再见
Okay, bye.
噢,太棒了
Oh, great.
嘿,艾略特,回家挺早啊
Hey, Elliot. You’re home early.
我觉得这得益于我是老板
Well, benefit of being the boss, I guess.
你知道的,把你东西都堆在草坪上会毁掉根系的
You know, having all that stuff on your lawn is gonna destroy your root system.
不好意思搞得这么乱
Yeah, I’m sorry about the mess.
我明天之前会打扫干净的 – 太好了
I’ll have it cleaned up by tomorrow. -Great.
听着,尼克,我不会轻易干涉别人的事
Listen, Nick. You know me, I try to keep out of people’s way.
但是说实话,我在一英里外就能看见了
But if I’m honest, I saw this coming a mile away.
多谢提醒
Thanks for warning me.
不谢
No problem.
拜托
Come on.
我喜欢你的保险杠贴
I like your bumper stickers.
或许我在到德克萨斯之前应该把它撕掉,对吧?
Right, I probably should have taken them off before I hit Texas, right?
我来帮你 – 多谢
Here, let me help you. -Thank you.
我叫尼克,和我妻子凯瑟琳住街对面
I’m Nick. My wife Catherine and I live across the street.
萨曼莎
Samantha.
你跟别的东西一起放在那儿就行
You can just put that in there with the others.
好的
Okay.
你是在处理旧东西么?
So are you getting rid of your old stuff?
是啊,春季扫除
Yeah. Just a little spring cleaning.
你是摄影师? – 是啊,教摄影的
You a photographer? -Yeah. Photography teacher.
真的?在哪高就? – 纽约
Really? Where do you teach? -New York.
我丈夫…呃,我们因为工作问题搬家的
My husband… Well, we are relocating for work.
我在纽瓦克住过两年
I lived in Newark for two years.
威斯特彻斯特郡
Westchester County.
欢迎来到亚利桑那
Well, welcome to Arizona.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿,能帮我个忙吗?你能不能帮我看着我的东西?
Hey, could I ask you a favor? Would you mind watching my stuff?
我得赶紧去趟商店 – 当然,好啊
I just need to run to the store real quick. -Sure, yeah.
不,不行,我得去见我的新医生
You know, no, I can’t. I have to go meet my new doctor.
好的,好的,了解
Sure. Sure, I understand.
很抱歉,见到你很高兴
I’m sorry. It was nice to meet you.
我也一样,回见
Yeah, likewise. I’ll see you around.
好的
Yeah.
需要帮忙吗?
Can I help you?
你住在这附近?
Do you live around here?
我妈在照料街那边的一位夫人
My mom takes care of the lady down the street.
你为什么不上班?
Why aren’t you at work?
我今天请假了
I got the day off.
今天为什么请假?
Why’d you get the day off?
个人原因
Personal stuff.
跟你老婆?
With your wife?
你为什么这么说?
Why do you say that?
我昨天见到她了
I saw her yesterday.
还有一些别的人也来了
Some dudes came over, too.
什么人?
What dudes?
像是一个锁匠,一个安警报器的人
Like a locksmith guy, an alarm guy,
还有一些搬运工
and, like, some movers.
她说什么了吗?
She say anything?
她一直叫
She was screaming a lot.
哭喊什么的
And crying.
你叫什么?
What’s your name?
肯尼·劳福特斯
Kenny Loftus.
听着,肯尼,你饿不饿?
Listen, Kenny, are you hungry?
你在这儿看着我的东西,我去买♥♥些吃的,怎么样?
If you stay here and watch my stuff, I’ll go buy us some food, huh?
如何?
How’s that sound?
给你五美元,行不行?
Here’s 5 bucks. Okay?
你不能走,也什么都别碰
You just can’t leave. And don’t touch anything.
你去哪? – 我不知道,小酒店吧
Where are you going? -I don’t know, the liquor store.
为什么不去便利店呢? – 对,我可以去便利店的
What about the mini-mart? -Yeah, I can go to the mini-mart.
如果我去便利店,你能不能在这儿看着我的东西?
If I go to the mini-mart, will you stay here and watch my stuff?
我要牛肉干和无糖可乐
I’d like some beef jerky and a Diet Coke.
好的
Okay.
噢,妈的
Oh, shit.
你在找什么? – 我的车钥匙
What are you looking for? -My car keys.
想借我的车吗? – 不了,我会找到的
You want to borrow my bike? -No, I’ll find them.
不好意思,兄弟,不管用
Sorry, dude, it didn’t go through.
麻烦你再刷一次吧
Can you just swipe it again, please?
刷不上
It didn’t go through, Mr. Halsey.
真的吗? – 是的
Really? -Nope.
有可能是机器坏了
Something’s probably wrong with the machine.
那你能取消吗? – 不能啊,兄弟
Can you just call it in? -I can’t call it in, man.