I hope you have something great
to wear. There’s a party tonight.
噢,对了,我希望你能穿得好一点,
因为今晚有个晚会。
Party?
晚会?
I want to introduce you to someone.
我想让你认识个人。
Dad…
爸,
this is Alberto.
这是阿尔贝托。
Nice to meet you.
– 你好。
– 认识你很高兴。
Hello. Who are all these people?
这些都是什么人?
Venetians. Friends, guests in town.
威尼斯人,朋友,城里的客人。
Enjoying your stay in Venice?
你喜欢威尼斯吗?
It’s the best. She’ll tell you.
太喜欢了,最奇妙的城市。不信你问她。
Dad, you should be the first to know.
爸,我想让你见一下阿尔贝托,
因为我希望你第一个知道:
We’re getting married.
我们要结婚了。
Wonderful. Tell me what
century and i’ll rent a tux.
太好了。告诉我那会在哪一个世纪,
到时候我会租一套完美的正式的晚礼服。
This January.
就在一月份。
Pardon me?
你说什么?
This January.
就在一月份。
You’re joking.
一月份?开玩笑?当然你是开玩笑。
I’m in love with Djuna.
我爱上了朱娜。
We all love her, because
she’s adorable, but you are…
我们都爱这个小姑娘,
因为她很可爱,但是你……
This is a jest.
这一定是个玩笑。
January 15th, to be exact.
准确地说,定在一月十五号♥。
It’s his mother’s birthday.
那是他妈妈的生日。
A joke, am I right?
一个玩笑,开个玩笑,我没错吧?
Not at all.
不是玩笑。
Excuse me a second.
原谅我失陪一会儿。
Come. I want to talk a minute.
过来,到这边来,我想和你谈谈,
就一会儿,就一秒钟。
– What are you talking about?
– Sorry.
– 到这边来,就一分钟。你在说什么啊?
– 抱歉。
Tell me it’s a joke,
or there’ll be carnage.
告诉我这只是个玩笑,
否则的话那会是场大灾难。
We’re crazy about each other.
我们互相迷恋着对方。
How can you be…? You
met this guy 5 days ago.
你怎么可能迷恋…?
你五天之前才认识的这个家伙。
So?
那又怎样?
Are you having a breakdown?
什么怎样,你脑子进水了吗?
Why, because I’m in love?
为什么啊?就因为我恋爱了?
What do you mean, in love?
What does he do?
你什么意思,恋爱了?
他…他…是干什么的啊?
He’s a gondolier.
他是“贡多拉”的船夫。
One of the guys with
a striped shirt and a hat?
不用,谢谢!他是那种身穿
条纹衬衣、头戴帽子的家伙吗?
No hat.
没有帽子。
– What do you mean?
– He doesn’t wear a hat.
– 你什么意思,没有帽子?
– 意思就是他不戴帽子。
This is crazy! What are you gonna…
你简直疯了!你看,你…你……
Talk to me. You’re talking
about getting married?
跟我谈谈,你想怎么样?
你想说服我同意和个船夫结婚?
That’s insanity!
这太疯狂了!
Why?
为什么说疯狂?
‘Cause you’re going to school,
to Columbia.
因为你还要上学,你还要
回去上哥伦比亚大学。
You’re going to major in journalism
or law, not rowing.
你要…你要学新闻或者法律专业,
你知道,而不是什么划船。
People have dropped out of Columbia before.
以前也有人放弃过哥伦比亚大学,有过先例。
You’re not going to run off
with a guy you just met…
你不应该被一个认识
才一个星期的家伙拐跑…
and who’s a gondolier.
而且他还是个划“贡多拉”的。
He’s a poet.
他是个诗人。
A poet?
他是个诗人?
Know what rhymes with
gondolier? No Lira. Okay?
那么好吧,我来告诉你和“贡多拉”同韵的
是哪个词——“没里拉”。知道不?
So forget it.
– 天哪,老爸!
– 所以说你别做梦了!
Hello again. God, what a coincidence.
– 嗨!
– 嗨!又见面了!上帝啊,真太巧了!
This is Joe, Greg.
这是…呃…乔·格雷格。
How are you?
– 嗨!
– 嗨,你好!
– The one with the heart attack?
– That was me.
– 你是今天早上那个心脏……?
– 就是我。
Is Bernardo Bertolucci here?
你见到贝尔纳多·贝尔托鲁奇在里面吗?
– I wouldn’t recognise him.
– I have to meet him.
– 我没认出他来。里面太疯狂了。
– 我必须见他一面。
Mind if I go on?
我先上去了。你想和他谈谈吗,
要是我找到他的话?
– It’s a madhouse.
– I’ll get you a drink.
– 里面太疯狂了。
– 我会给你拿点喝的下来。
– Incredible.
– Is it?
– 太难以置信了,我是说……
– 是吗?
Have you seen this place?
你参观过这个地方吗?我正想回家了。
It’s unbelievable.
太奇妙了。
The whole thing is like an old palazzo.
你看,这整个建筑就像一座古老的宫殿,
And it’s really beautiful.
But it’s frantic in there.
真的非常非常美。
但是,你知道,里面真的很疯狂。
You look great.
嘿,你看上去很棒。
Don’t say that.
哦,你不应该说这样的话。
Why?
为什么?
I can’t take a compliment.
嗯…我不喜欢别人恭维我。
You’re terrific. Why not? I’m sorry.
你真的很棒。为什么不让恭维?
对不起。我……
No, it’s my problem.
不,这是我的问题。
Why? Does it make you feel guilty?
为什么?难道会让你感到不好意思?
Maybe. I don’t know.
You’ve got all the answers.
呃…也许,我不知道。
你好像对我了如指掌,不是吗?
I think it makes you feel guilty.
不,我想你可能会感到不好意思。
You must have fantasies of…
我想你可能会幻想…
maybe someone coming along that…
遇见个什么人……
You probably have dreams about boats…
你也许经常梦见小船…
or ships maybe, or even…
或许是大船,也许甚至是…
an elevator that…
你知道,比如说一个电梯…
You’re on an elevator that goes
higher and higher to the top floor.
你坐在电梯里,电梯越开越高,到达了顶层,
And then it doesn’t stop, it just goes…
但是它没有停下来,它还在一直开…
through the roof and…
穿过了屋顶,然后…
it sort of flies you over the ocean…
它仿佛带着你飞跃重洋……
I think I’m going to faint.
我想我有点头晕,
I do.
头很晕。
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
I’m a little overwhelmed and…
没事,我有点受不了了…
I’m glad you’re leaving tomorrow.
我很高兴你明天就要离开了。
Next morning, we left Venice.
第二天一早,我们离开了威尼斯。
Dad flew to Paris, I went to New York.
老爸飞去巴黎,我回到纽约。
I couldn’t wait to tell Mom
about marrying Alberto.
我迫不及待想告诉老妈
我要和阿尔贝托结婚了。
He was so beautiful, so sensitive.
他太帅了,又那么细致入微。
My plan was to leave Columbia
and go to Italy after the fall.
我的计划是秋季学期之后,我就从
哥伦比亚大学退学,然后搬到意大利去住。
Excuse me, that’s mine.
对不起,这是我的。
I’m sorry.
不,这是…噢,是的,对不起。
I’m sorry. It’s not mine.
噢,天呐!对不起,这不是我的。
We both shop at ‘Hunting World.’
没事。可能我们都是在“狩猎天地”买♥♥的。
That’s where I got it.
我就是在那儿买♥♥的。
Now I know it’s mine.
噢,天呐!现在我确定这是我的了。
I’ll give you a hand.
– 没事,我帮你捡。
– 谢谢。
Bra, underwear.
你的胸衣…内衣。
Petrarch’s sonnets.
彼特拉克的商籁诗。
What do you do?
你是干什么的?
Depends on the guy.
呃…那得看我遇见什么人了。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!