芳妮·塞代尔。
A funny coincidence. I see
you here, two New Yorkers…
是啊,这样的巧合真有意思。
我们在这儿相见,两个纽约人…
jogging in Venice and we
bump into each other.
在威尼斯慢跑,我们不期而遇,这……
How’d you know I was a New Yorker?
你怎么知道我是纽约人?
No, I didn’t. I just assumed…
不,我并不知道。我只是,
你知道,瞎猜了一下……
But you’re completely correct
to ask that question.
但是你问的这个问题绝对有道理,
It’s a good question. You
shouldn’t be ashamed of it.
你问得很好,你知道,
你不应该觉得不好意思。
I live on 84th and Riverside.
Where in New York do you live?
我在84大街和里弗赛德住。
你在纽约住哪儿?
In Paris. I was a New Yorker
but I settled in Paris.
我住巴黎。我以前在纽约,
但现在我在巴黎定居。
But I come back to New York
all the time. I love it there.
但是我经常回纽约,因为我喜欢那儿。
What brings you here?
你为什么来这里?
I wouldn’t come to Venice
without checking out the Tintorettos.
到威尼斯后不可能
不来参观丁托列托的画,
Because he’s my favourite master in the world.
因为他是这个世界上我最喜欢的大♥师♥。
I just adore his work. I’m crazy about it.
我是说我崇拜他的作品,为之疯狂。
He was a deep genius.
他是个深邃的天才。
The deepest.
最深邃的。
The rapidity of his brush strokes…
他笔触的运速…
Chiaroscuro…
明暗配合…
Outbursts of colour…
色彩的喷发…
His capacity for controlled gesture…
他对内敛姿态的表现能力……
Born in 1519, only to die again in 1594…
生于1519年,一直活到了1594年,
but that’s the way it happens to most of us.
但是我们大部分人也都终有一死。
You have a real appreciation of his work.
那么你真的非常欣赏他的作品。
How could I not appreciate a
man who was short in stature…
我怎么可能不欣赏一个尽管个子不高,
but with a proud and obstinate nature…
但却有着尊严和顽强秉性的人?
who painted outside the…
他创作了16世纪…
the academic conventions of 16th century Venice?
威尼斯学院会堂的外壁。
What do you do?
你做什么工作,柏林先生?
Call me Joe.
你可以叫我乔。
I’m a writer. A novelist, mostly.
我…我…是个作家,主要是写小说。
Joe Berlin…
乔·柏林……
I saw one of your books.
我看过你的一本书。
I remember it had a very sexy cover.
是的,我想起来了,它有个非常迷人的封面。
It was at the stalls
on 5th Avenue, the 99 cent bin.
那是在第5大街的摊子上,
一个专卖♥♥99美分一本的箱子里。
You know, probably the get-acquainted price.
噢,你知道,也许那是让人熟悉的价格。
They’ll do that.
有时他们会那样做。
In the United States I’m
considered controversial…
你看,在美国对我的作品总是评价不一,
but in Paris, where they
have an ear for literature…
但是在巴黎,你知道,那里的人们
有更好的文学修养,
they were quick to recognise the genius of…
你知道,他们能一眼认出谁是天才,譬如说…
Poe and Faulkner and myself.
坡和福克纳,还有我。
Basically, you see, I’m a simple guy.
从本质上说,你看,我是个相当简单的人。
My idea is just to live in Paris and maybe…
我只是想在巴黎生活,也许…
you know, fall in love and…
你知道,爱上什么人,
take walks…
一起在雨中…
in the rain and…
散散步,
Listen to music like…
一起听听音乐,比如…
particularly maybe Mahler’s 4th.
特别是比如说马♥勒♥的第四交响曲。
This could be me talking.
这简直像是出自我口!
Could it?
是吗?
Mahler’s 4th, no question.
– 马♥勒♥的第四彻底征服了我。
– 噢…是的,马♥勒♥的第四,毫无疑问。
See, I’m not a…
你看,我不是一个…呃…
what you’d call a technology guy.
人们怎么说来着,喜欢当代技术的人。
I hate it.
我讨厌当代技术。
I know, I can tell.
我知道,我一眼就看出来了。
I still work on…
我…呃…我仍然用…
one of those old-fashioned
portable typewriters…
那种非常老式的、非便携式的打字机……
So you haven’t succumbed to the computer age?
你是说你也没有向计算机时代屈服?
I like the simple life. I like to
sit at home in Paris and write…
你知道我喜欢简单的生活。
我喜欢坐在巴黎的家中写作,
maybe visit New York a
certain amount, and in summer…
也许时不时地访问下纽约,
而在夏天…
maybe spend some time…
也许找个…
someplace romantic, like…
浪漫的地方度假,比如说…
Bora-Bora.
波拉-波拉。
I love Bora-Bora. Since I first
went, I still think about it.
我热爱波拉-波拉。自从我第一次
去过以后,就无法从我心头抹去。
Naturally, it’s beautiful.
那是自然,它太美了。
At night, the stars are so luminous
you can practically read by them.
在夜晚,星星如此明亮,
你甚至可以在星空下……
Read by them, yes.
– 星空下阅读。
– 星空下阅读,对!
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
You got a…a little…
你有点…你的眼中…
mist appeared in your eye then.
怎么有点湿润了?
I thought you were going to cry, I swear.
我想你是不是要哭了,我肯定,你要哭了。
No, I’m okay.
不,我…我还好。
Is something wrong?
– 你肯定吗?有什么不对劲吗?
– 不,呃……
What’s wrong?
有什么不对吗?你没事吧?
Nothing’s wrong. Something’s exactly so right.
– 没什么不对,只是有些事情太对了。
– 是吗?
Wait here. I’ll be right back.
呆在这儿等一秒钟,我马上回来。
All my life…
我的一生…
I’ve been waiting for you.
都在等待你的出现,
My wonderful one.
我的知己。
I’ve begun living.
我已经开始生活。
All my life…
我的一生…
All my love…
我所有的爱…
has been waiting for you.
都在等待你的出现。
My life is sublime…
我的生活因此升华,
now that I’m giving…
因为我要献给你…
All my love…
我所有的爱…
I got you a present.
我给你件礼物。
An African Daisy. My favourite.
非洲雏菊,这是我最喜欢的花!
What are you doing tonight?
你看,今晚你有什么打算?
I think Greg and I have plans.
我想格雷格和我有安排。
How’d it go?
嘿,进展如何?
She was great. Whatever you
told me was right on the money.
她很棒,绝对棒!你跟我说的
都千真万确,很好…
I feel guilty.
我感到内疚。
Why?
为什么?
Because I made her cry.
She said she felt close to me.
为什么?因为,你知道,我让她流泪了。
她说她感觉和我很近。
So? You’ve established a beachhead.
Now win the battle.
这么说你已经攻占了滩头阵地,
那么接下来就赢得整个战役吧。
Remember to blow between her
shoulder blades. She goes crazy.
噢,别忘了往她的背部吹气,
两肩胛之间,那会令她如醉如痴。
I won’t do it. What’s between her
and her shrink is private.
嘿,我不会这么做的。她和她
心理医生之间的谈话都是隐私,你知道。
Are you going to give me a
map of her erogenous zones?
你想干嘛?给我一份她全身
性感部位的示意图?
Are you seeing her tonight?
爸,你今晚一定要去见她!
No. She’s married.
不!她有家室。
Listen, I don’t know
Bora-Bora from Walla-walla.
听着,那不是真实的我,我根本分不清
波拉-波拉还是沃拉-沃拉【美国城市】。
What do I know about Tintoretto?
我也不知道什么丁托列托!
I can’t tell the difference between
chiaroscuro and spaghetti sauce.
我不知道“明暗配合”和
“赛格雷多面酱”有什么区别。这简直是……
Remember to blow between her shoulder blades.
千万别忘了往她肩胛之间吹气。
I won’t do it. Plus, I use a word
processor, not a typewriter.
我不会往她肩胛之间吹气,你知道。
再说,我用的是文字处理软件,而不是打字机。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!