就不会有什么惊喜了。
I told you not to tell.
我让你别说的。
I’m going out. If Minnie calls,
tell her I’m at the Polo Grounds.
我走了啊。要是明妮打电♥话♥来,
告诉她我去“马球球场”了。
Minnie’s been dead 20 years.
– 快点,去吧!
– 明妮死了有20年了,爷爷。
I’m not arguing that. But if
she calls, i’ll be home later.
我不想和你争,我只是说要是明妮
打电♥话♥来,告诉她晚些时候我在家。
21 is too young to get married.
你们看,21岁结婚太早了。
If this was anyone but Holden,
i’d be against it.
但是…这如果不是霍尔登的话,
我会全力反对。
No way I’m getting married till I’m 35.
我35岁之前是不会结婚的,
Then I’ll probably live with a woman.
之后也许我会找个女的生活在一起。
Why do you make these jokes?
噢,为什么你老开这种玩笑?
You like Holden, right?
你喜欢霍尔登,对吗?
The problem is Skylar.
She’s a romantic twit.
是啊,是啊。你看,我不是说霍尔登有问题,
是丝凯拉有问题,她是个浪漫的傻瓜。
Holden’s not romantic enough for her.
是啊,她的问题是霍尔登对她来说,不够浪漫。
So what? She’s going to marry him, right?
那又怎么样?那又怎么样?
她还是会和他结婚,不是吗?
I hope so. I want her room when she does.
我希望如此。她结婚后我想住她的房♥间。
She should leap at this guy.
不,我是认真的。我是说我看不出任何理由
她为什么不欣然接受他。
Skylar suffers from white knight syndrome.
丝凯拉患有“白马王子综合症”。
Since her hormones kicked in,
she’s hoped for some…
自从她开始有了荷尔蒙,知道吗?
她就一直在等某个…我不知道…
charismatic guy to sweep her off her feet.
某个富于魅力的男孩,好让她一见倾心。
So Holden is that young Lochinvar, all right?
好吧,好吧,那么霍尔登就是那位“年轻的洛金瓦”,不行吗?
【沃尔特·司各特的叙事诗《玛密恩(Marmion)》中的年轻骑士】
He’s a young schnook.
他是那位“年轻的呆瓜”。
He’s a schnook, but he’s a loveable schnook.
好吧,他是个“呆瓜”,但他是个
“可爱的呆瓜”。他很不错!而你的……
What an endorsement!
I’m never bringing a guy home.
这算什么认可!
我永远也不会带个男孩子回家。
In the first place, he’s not a schnook.
首先,他根本不是个呆瓜。
I’m a dreamer…
我是个梦想家,
aren’t we all?
我们不都是吗?
Just a dreamer…
只是个梦想家,
aren’t we all?
我们不都是吗?
In my dreams, each night it seems…
在我梦中,仿佛每晚…
my sweetheart comes to call.
我的爱人都来看我。
He’s so charming, strong and tall.
他那么的迷人、强壮和高大,
It’s alarming howl fall.
令我担心不能自拔。
He’s ideal.
他很完美,
But then he isn’t real and I’m a fool.
但是他并不真实,所以我是个傻瓜。
But aren’t we all?
可是我们不都是吗?
Can I tell you how I see us?
我在想我能否告诉你我的打算?
How?
怎样打算?
We get married and we live
by my parents in Sharon.
我们结婚,然后我们搬去沙伦,
和我父母住在一起。
I could never leave New York.
噢,我可不想离开纽约。
We leave my parents in Sharon,
right? We live in New York.
对了,我把我父母留在沙伦,
当然我们要在纽约生活。
It’s just that we may want
more space if we have 4 kids.
因为将来我们也许要有套很大的房♥子,
如果我们有四个孩子的话。
I want two children.
我想要两个孩子。
Two is perfect.
两个孩子,两个最好了!
Two is perfect for me…
对我来说,两个恰到好处,
because four is…
因为你看四个的话就…
really a lot and…
真的有点多了,嗯…
you’ll stay at home…
你看你和孩子们呆在家里……
No, I’ll be working.
不,我要工作。
When not working full-time.
You’ll have a career. Journalism.
我是说在你没做全职工作的时候。
当然你会有个全职的工作,搞新闻。
Architecture.
搞建筑。
Architecture? Since when?
搞建筑?什么时候你想搞建筑?
I don’t know, just some thoughts I’ve had.
我不知道,只是现在我有这样的想法。
I mean, you majored in journalism, but…
想法?我是说你学的是新闻,但是……
The important thing is…
重要的是…关键是我认为…
that we agree on just about everything, it seems.
看起来我们对每一件事的观点都完全一致。
Shall I bring the dessert, sir?
要我上甜点了吗,先生?
It’s time for dessert? Yes, it is.
噢,甜点,该上甜点了。好的,上吧。
Excuse me a second.
I’ll just tend to a small matter.
原谅我失陪片刻,
有件小事要处理一下。
It’s ready, just as you wished.
按您吩咐,已经准备好了,思朋斯先生。
Think it’ll work?
– 你认为这能行吗?
– 希望能行。
That’s perfect, Umberto.
噢,太完美了!完美之极,恩伯托。
Glad you like it, sir.
很高兴您喜欢,先生。
Let me show you my end of the deal.
给你看一下我最后的筹码。
That’s a honey, huh?
可爱之极,嗯?瞧瞧!
Set me back a bit, I don’t mind saying.
我是下了狠心的,跟你实说了吧。
I’m sure. A brilliant idea. Very romantic.
当然。很棒的主意,我要说,非常浪漫。
That’s the kind of guy I am.
对的,我就是个浪漫的人。
I can see that.
可以看出来。
Here we go. I’m just going to
lay that right there.
这儿,我要把戒指…放在这儿。
Will that knock her socks off?
– 会让她大吃一惊的,是吗?
– 当然,先生。
Shall we?
现在上吗?
Go ahead. I’m relying on you.
上吧,看你的了,恩伯托。
Good luck.
祝您好运,先生!
Everything okay?
没什么事吧?
No problem.
都搞定了。
– Shall we order dessert?
– I did.
– 我们要份甜食吗?
– 我已经要了。
You did?
你要了?
You like take-charge guys,
and I’m coming through for you.
我知道你喜欢擅作主张的家伙,
所以这次我就替你作主了。
It’s not like you.
哦,这可不象你。
Anything for you.
Umberto, will you do the honours?
– 尝尝吧。恩伯托,麻烦你把它…打开好吗?
– 遵命,先生。
My God, it’s delicious!
噢,天呐,太好吃了!
Peach, my favourite flavour.
桃子,我最喜欢的味道。
– It’s delicious.
– What are you doing? Stop!
– 太美味了。你想干嘛?
– 你在干嘛?你在…快停下!
– Where’s the rest of it?
– What?
– 甜食的其它部分呢?
– 你什么意思?
The cream and the cherry!
通常放的搅打奶油和樱桃到哪儿去了?
– I ate them.
– You ate the ring?
– 我吃掉了。
– 你把戒指吃掉啦?
What?
什么戒指?
– I bought you a diamond ring.
– You did?
– 亲爱的,我给你买♥♥了个钻石戒指。
– 是吗?
At Harry Winston’s.
我去“哈里·温斯顿”买♥♥的。
Where is it?
在哪儿呢?
It was on the dessert.
我把它放在冰淇淋果冻里了。
Why?
为什么啊?
– I thought it’d be romantic!
– To put a ring on ice cream?
– 我以为那会很浪漫!
– 你以为把戒指放在冰淇淋里会很浪漫?
It wasn’t my idea, it was DJ’s.
嘿,这不是我的主意,这是DJ的主意。
She said it would give it dramatic flair.
她说这会带来戏剧性的效果,真不敢相信!
I ate a diamond ring?
我把钻戒吃下去啦?
I turn round for 2 seconds and
$8,000 goes down your throat.
我才转身两秒钟,你就把八千块钱
吞下去了,太难相信了!
Oh, my God!
我吞掉了…噢,上帝啊!
Stay calm.
镇静,镇静,保持镇静!
How big was it?
噢,上帝啊,它有多大?
It was a big rock.
它很别致,相信我,有颗大的钻石。
– I swallowed what, a carat?
– A karat-and-a-half.
– 我吞掉了什么?一克拉还是二克拉?
– 一点五克拉。
– You’d like two carrots?
– I’m dying!
– 你想来两根胡萝卜吗,女士?
– 我要死了!
– You’re not.
– Something wrong, sir?
– 你不会死的,你不会死。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!