为什么约我来“哈里·温斯顿珠宝店”?
I want you to help me pick
an engagement ring for Skylar.
听着,我想让你帮我挑一下
给丝凯拉的订婚戒指。
Congratulations.
– 祝贺你啊!
– 是的,谢谢!
You want an engagement ring.
你想要个订婚戒指,是吗?
Right, we’re getting married.
Or I am, not to her.
是的,我们要结婚了。
呃…我要结婚了,不是和她。
I see. What size did you have in mind?
知道了。那么你想要多大尺寸的戒指呢?
What size?
多大尺寸?
Well, I know she’s not huge.
噢…呃…你知道,她不很胖,
She’s not bony, either.
当然她也不很瘦。她的肉……
– Something simple but elegant?
– That’s it.
– 要简约而雅致的?
– 就是这样的。
Simple but elegant. Exactly.
I told you he was the guy.
“简约而雅致”,正是!
我告诉过你他是专家。
Like this one.
比如说这个?
God, that’s beautiful.
噢,天呐,这太漂亮了!
It’s perfect.
太完美了!
It’s the most beautiful ring I ever saw.
这是我见过的最漂亮的戒指。
What would that cost? I like it.
那么我要付多少钱呢?我很喜欢。
$55,000.
五万五。
$55,000, you said?
你是说五万五美元?
Let me take it off then,
because I don’t think…
呃…我还是把它摘下来吧,
因为我不认为…
Actually, as I look at it…
实际上当我再看一眼时,它真的与…
it’s not to Skylar’s taste. It’s tacky.
丝凯拉的品味不符,有点俗气。
She’s not a Mafia bride.
Help me.
我是说,她可不是黑♥手♥党♥的新娘。
你能不能帮我出点主意?
Here’s a lovely one.
这个也很可爱。
That is pretty.
– 这个…这个很漂亮。
– 也很简约。呃…我不知……
What’ll it cost me? $1,500? $2,000?
这个要多少钱?一千五?两千?
$8,000.
– 八千。
– 八千美元?
It’s more in the ballpark,
in the right neighbourhood.
– 这个还差不多,在可接受范围内。
– 是的,在可接受范围内。
– Not my neighbourhood, but…
– It’s a better neighbourhood.
– 尽管不是我可接受的范围,但是……
– 更加可接受点了。
What the hell, right?
We’re getting married.
怎么了嘛?怎么了嘛?嗯?
我们要结婚了啊!
Let’s do it.
– 你想要吗?
– 下个决心吧。
I think it’s an absolutely exquisite ring.
– 你知道,它很雅致。
– 我想它绝对是一枚雅致的戒指。
My baby don’t care for rings…
我的女孩不在乎什么戒指,
or other expensive things.
或其它的贵重物品。
My baby just cares for me.
我的女孩只在乎我。
My baby don’t go for…
我的女孩不喜欢…
big Rolls-Royces.
豪华的劳斯莱斯车。
There’s sometimes a doubt about her choices.
她的选择有时令人感到困惑。
My baby don’t care to own…
我的女孩不在乎拥有什么…
some 14-carat stone.
14克拉的钻石。
She’s sensible as can be.
她明智而又通情达理。
My baby don’t care who knows it.
我的女孩不在乎人们怎么看。
My baby just cares for me.
我的女孩只在乎我。
He’s so happy since the day…
他如此幸福,自从他…
he fell in love in a real big way.
深陷情网,全身心投入。
And the big surprise is someone loves him too.
有人会爱上他,也颇让人感到意外。
It’s difficult for us to see…
旁人很难猜透,
just what she could possibly see in he.
她究竟看上了他哪一点。
But it simply goes to prove what love can do.
但这也正好说明,爱情的作用。
His baby don’t care for shows.
他的女孩不在乎打扮,
His baby don’t care for clothes.
他的女孩不在乎穿着。
My baby just cares for me!
我的女孩只在乎我!
Nobody else will do!
其他人不会这么做!
His baby don’t care for furs and laces.
他的女孩不在乎毛皮衣料和精美织物,
His baby don’t care for races…
他的女孩不在乎去看跑马比赛…
or high-toned places.
或高档场所。
– My baby’s not much for sports…
– Gets out of sorts.
– 我的女孩对体育没太大兴趣,
– 不正常。
Like running round tennis courts.
例如网球比赛。
I must say I’m glad that she…
说心里话我很高兴…
He’s glad to say that she…
他很高兴…
has made such a fine selection.
她有着明智的选择。
My baby just cares for me!
我的女孩只在乎我!
My baby just cares for me!
我的女孩只在乎我!
His baby just cares for…
他的女孩只在乎……
My baby just cares for me!
我的女孩只在乎我!
Mrs Holden Spence.
“霍尔登·思朋斯夫人”,
Skylar Spence. I love it.
“丝凯拉·思朋斯”。我喜欢它的发音。
He’s taking her to Le Cirque tonight.
知道吗?他今晚带她去“圆环饭店”用的晚餐。
– No kidding?
– I think he’s going to propose.
– 带她去“圆环饭店”啦?真的吗?
– 我想他会向她求婚吧。
And I introduced them.
– 听着,不是说我吹嘘,是我介绍他们认识的。
– 是啊,“介绍他们认识”,
We’ve heard it, Dad.
早听你吹过了,爸。
I did. He came to work at our law firm.
确实是我!真的是我!他来我们律师行工作,
The first day I said:
他来的第一天站在那儿,我就对自己说:
‘This kid’s great. His feet are on
the ground. He’s perfect for her.’
“这孩子很棒,给人脚踏实地的感觉。
他和她太般配了。”
Frieda, the pasta has no sauce.
弗里达,面条里怎么没放酱?
Bavarian pasta doesn’t need sauce.
这是巴伐利亚面条,不需要搁任何酱!
Italian pasta needs sauce.
The italians were weak.
意大利面条才需要搁酱。
意大利人都是衰人!
Fine. Give me some pepper.
好吧,行了,给我来点胡椒粉,可以吗?
Your solution to rampant crime
is just to let criminals go free?
我无法理解你们!你们遏制犯罪的办法
难道就是让罪犯逍遥法外吗?
No. Charles Ferry deserves a parole.
– 不,查尔斯·费里应该获得假释。
– 这…这怎么回事?
You want someone like this
out on the streets?
开玩笑吧?你希望像他这样的人
在大街上晃悠?
Armed robbery, assault, attempted escape.
“持枪抢劫、袭击…用致命武器袭击、企图越狱。”
– He was an abused child.
– Have some compassion.
– 他从小受尽虐待。
– 有点同情心吧。
He went to prison for life because
of his horrible childhood.
他这辈子大部分时间都呆在监狱里,
就因为他有一个可怕的童年,
Something you know nothing about.
一个你所无法想象的童年。
– Then one mistake…
– Are you kidding?
– 然后一个错误接着另一个错误……
– “一个错误接着…”,开玩笑!
A bad trial, corrupt judges…
不公正的审判,腐♥败♥的法官……
Calm down, both of you.
镇静,你们都镇静点!
– I don’t want to discuss this.
– I can’t listen to this.
– 我不想和你再争论下去了。
– 我也听不下去了,一派胡言!
– I need my wallet.
– Where’re you going?
– 我的皮夹子呢?
– 你要去哪儿?
The Polo Grounds.
Giants and Cardinals are playing.
去“马球球场”。有场“巨人队【纽约】”
和“红雀队【圣路易】”的比赛。
You can’t go out. If you want to
take a walk, go with Frieda.
不…不,老爸,你不能出去。
如果你想出去走一走,一定要让弗里达陪着。
But they’re playing today, Labour Day.
可是今天就有比赛啊,你看今天是“劳工日”。
It’s June, Grandpa.
现在才六月份,老爷爷!【“劳工日”在九月】
The Polo Grounds closed years ago.
“马球球场”几年前就关闭了。
– Rained out?
– Take him for a short walk.
– 因下雨取消比赛啦?
– 弗里达,带他去散会儿步。
No, I’m not going with Frieda.
– 让他去呼吸点新鲜空气。
– 不,我不想和弗里达一起去。
No, no, not with her.
I don’t need a German Shepherd.
不,不,不和她一起去。
我可不需要一条德国牧羊犬!
Take a nice walk.
好好散步去吧。
You know what the kids say?
你知道孩子们会怎么说?
They think Holden’s giving a
surprise to Skylar tonight.
他们认为今晚霍尔登会给
丝凯拉一点小的惊喜。
If you keep gossiping about
it, it won’t be a surprise.
是啊,要是你再这样八卦下去,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!