was most beautiful in fall?
还记得我告诉过你们
纽约的秋天最美吗?
I meant the winter.
我真的想说的是冬天最美。
At least, when it snows.
Because Under a blanket of snow…
我是说至少在下完雪后是这样。
因为覆盖在白雪形成的毯子之下,
New York is truly gorgeous and…
纽约城显示出真正的壮美,
surprisingly peaceful.
平和异常。
But when Christmas comes…
当圣诞节来临时,
we’re not the kind of family
that sings carols…
你知道,我们不像其他人家那样
热衷于悬挂礼品袜子或唱圣诞歌♥曲。
and we don’t have a goose or anything.
鱼和熊掌不可兼得。
What we do is head for Paris,
to spend Christmas at the Ritz.
我们的计划是前往巴黎,
在“里兹饭店”里度过我们的圣诞假期。
Put your finger here.
把你手指放在这儿。
He has a fever…it’s a cold.
他发烧了…因为着凉。
Should have put on dry clothes
after you fell in the fountain.
你掉进喷水池里之后,
我就让你赶紧回家换上干衣服。
I’m okay. Go without me.
I’ll be all right.
– 我没事的,你们自己去吧。我明天就好了。
– 难以置信!
We don’t want to go without you.
You love the Marx brothers.
老爸,你不去,我们也不想去。
那是马克斯兄弟演的,你最喜欢的电影。
I just need some sleep. I’ll be fine.
我只需要睡一觉,我没事的。
I’m so excited.
我太激动了!
I’m meeting this guy named Guy…
or this guy named Guy.
我遇见个叫“吉尔”的人,
也许是叫“盖伊”。
I brought you some tea.
爸,我给你端了点茶来。
It won’t keep me awake, will it?
这不会让我不着睡觉吧?
No, it’s herbal. It’s peppermint.
不会的,完全是草药,薄荷味的。
I’d say hello, but I’m sick and
you always catch everything.
我想问你好,可是你看,我病了。
什么事你都能赶上。
– What happened?
– What’s wrong?
– 出什么事了?
– 怎么回事?
I’m not going tonight.
今晚我不去了。
I knew it!
我就知道,我就知道!
– Nobody’s going?
– Von left me.
– 没人去了吗?
– 芳离开我了。
– What happened?
– 出什么事了?
I have no idea, but she’s on
her way back to New York.
出什么…我也不知道出什么事了,反正现在
她已经在回纽约去的路上了。
When she first came, everything was perfect.
她刚来的时候,一切都很完美。
She said it was like a dream
had come true for her.
她说这就像,你知道,
就像梦想成真,对她来说。
And then, suddenly…
然后突然之间…
this morning…
就在今天早晨……
I want to go back home…
嗯…我想回家,回到…
to Greg.
格雷格身边。
Really?
真的吗?
I don’t know what’s up with me.
是的,我不…我不知道我怎么了。
Since when?
从什么时候…什么时候开始有这念头的?
I don’t know.
我不知道。
Why?
为什么?
I don’t know how to explain it exactly.
我不知道,我不知道该怎样准确解释。
Just tell me. You know, just…
跟我谈谈,你知道,就……
It’s not that I don’t think you’re great.
这并不意味我认为你有什么不好,知道吗?
I think you’re great.
我认为你很好。
Just for years i’ve been married to Greg.
只是,你看,我和格雷格结婚已经很多年了。
And he can be difficult, and we’ve had…
他有时是有点难缠,我们也有过…
our ups and downs…
起起落落,
certainly.
当然会这样。
Since when…?
从什么时候开始你有……?
Look, I don’t know. It’s just…
你看,我也不知道。只是……
I’ve always had this fantasy…
我…我一直有这样的幻想,
that one day i’d meet the perfect man…
期望有一天我会遇上个完美的男人,
and he’d fulfil my dreams and I would have…
他能实现我的梦想,这样我就有了…
a perfect life.
一个完美的人生。
And that fantasy…
这个幻想…
I think, always sort of…
我想,从某种意义上来说,一直成了…
was part of this dissatisfaction
I had with Greg…
我对格雷格和
对我自己生活不满意的…
and my life.
一部分。
And then you came along…
这时你出现了,
and you seemed to know every
secret thing about me.
你似乎了解我的一切,我的每一个秘密。
Let me put it this way…
我这么说吧,
I have seen my dream come true…
我已经看到了我的梦想变成了现实,
and my fantasy…
我的幻想…
no longer tortures me.
不再折磨我了。
I can deal with it.
我可以处理好了。
But that’s so neurotic.
可这太神经了啊!
I know.
噢,我知道,
I’m crazy.
我很疯狂。
But suppose I said to you that…
要是我跟你说…
none of this was really true,
that this is all…
这一切都不是真的,那会怎样?
这一切只是…
a facade i’ve been putting on.
我伪装起来的表面,
That somehow I had access to…
只是我通过某种途径,你知道,接触到了…
your deepest feelings,
needs and thoughts…
你最深处的感情、你的需要、
你所有秘密的想法,
and that I’ve been playing
this character just to…
我只是扮演了这样一个角色,
目的只是为了…
win you over, to get you to
like me, make you happy?
赢得你,使你快乐是为了让你喜欢我?
If that’s what you told me…
如果你这么说,
then I’d say you were crazy.
那么我要说,你很疯狂。
So that’s exactly why
I’m not going tonight.
因此这就是我今晚不想去的原因。
I plan to go to Napoleon’s tomb.
To lie down next to him.
相反,我准备去拿破仑墓,
我要在他旁边躺下来。
– That’ll be my Christmas Eve.
– That’s so sad!
– 这就是我的圣诞之夜。
– 太可怜了!
The women you pick!
看看你选的女人!
No, you’re going out.
Someone’s got to take Mom.
不,不,你一定要去。
我是说,得有人陪着妈妈去。
You’re too sick?
你病得那么厉害,今晚不能出去吗?
– He looks terrible.
– I’m fine if I don’t move my eyes.
– 他看上去糟透了。
– 我感觉还行,只要我不动眼珠子。
He has a 101 temperature.
You’re not going anywhere.
他的体温有38度3。
你今晚哪儿都不能去。
I’m not in a Groucho mood.
– 我现在可没看格劳乔【·马克斯】的兴致。
– 别这样,你喜欢他。去吧!
It’s Christmas Eve, it’s Paris.
There’s a ball…
这是圣诞节,这是巴黎。有个舞会……
再者说,你是那个委员会的成员,
that you helped organise.
它安排了“实验电影院”的晚会,
所以你必须去。
– Enjoy yourself.
– I’ll go for a couple hours.
– 去放松一下吧。
– 我会呆上几个小时……
I must stay here, but there’s
no reason you don’t go.
我是不得不呆在这里,
而你没什么理由不去。
It’s later than you think.
再不去就晚了。
Remember our first Christmas in Paris…
还记得我们在巴黎过的第一个圣诞夜吗?
the month before we married?
就在我们结婚前的一个月?
I do, because that was when…
当然记得,因为就在那时…
I knew that someday I
would have to live there.
我知道总有一天,我一定会生活在这里。
I remember it like it was yesterday.
唔…我记忆犹新,就像是昨天。
I don’t want to panic you, but
that was decades ago. Decades.
我不想让你抓狂,但是那已经是
几十年前的事了,我是说,几十年前。
I know. I know it was decades ago.
我知道,我知道已经几十年了。
Remember that cafe we used to go to?
你还记得那家我们经常去的咖啡馆吗?
Cafe Terese or whatever,
with the cats. Remember?
叫“特蕾莎咖啡馆”还是什么?
有好多猫,还记得吗?还记得吗?
Now i’ll tell you the truth.
现在我跟你说实话吧,
I hated that cat.
我讨厌那些猫,我…我恨死那些猫了。
Maybe that’s why you were

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!