it’s gonna hit sometime on the 11th, I reckon.
那只是个天气预报 海伦
It’s a weather forecast, Helen.
珠峰有自己的天气 我们会注意的
This mountain makes its own weather. We’re keeping an eye on it.
好 我只是提醒你一下
Yeah, sure, just letting you know.
谢谢你 海伦
Appreciate it, Helen.
我们干嘛这样折磨自己
Why do we do this to ourselves?
这真是疯狂
Oh, this is crazy.
你知道我为何没告诉克拉考尔…
You know, I never told Krakauer this
我们登山的真正原因
when he was asking us why we climb Everest.
我在家时…
When I’m at home
常常感觉到…
I just got this big,
背后跟着一大♥片♥乌云
black cloud following me.
就好像忧郁症
You know, like a depression?
而当我来到这里时…
And when I’m out here
-去任何一座山…-然后呢
-on a mountain, any mountain… -Yeah?
就好像被治愈了
It’s just like it’s a cure.
感觉就像重生
I feel like I’m reborn.
那你现在开心吗
So, you’re happy now?
并没有 我开始怀疑自己的选择了
No, I’m starting to wonder.
这有够痛苦的
This is suffering, man.
-对 -像是自虐
-Yeah. -This is suffering.
没错
Yeah.
再忍♥耐几天…
Suffer a few more days,
下半生里 你就是一个登上过世界之巅的人
for the rest of your life you’ll be a guy that got to the top of Everest.
我希望我能登顶成功
I just hope I get there.
可以的
Yeah.
希望能登顶成功 平安回家
Just hope I get there, and get home.
麦克 你觉得天气怎么样
What do you think, Mike?
天气看起来不错
Looks pretty good.
高一点的地方风会变大
Little bit of wind, up higher.
如果风太大 我们随时都可以下来
I mean, if it picks up, we can always come back down.
-我也这么想 -由你决定 罗布
-Exactly. -It’s your call, Rob.
我们继续爬吧
Let’s get ’em all going.
四号♥营地 海拔7951米
罗布
Rob!
你还好吗
You okay?
不好
Not good!
我想太阳下山后风应该会变小
I’m hoping it’s gonna die down after sundown.
一向都是如此
It’s been doing that.
我讨厌这天气
I don’t like this.
天气若没好转的话 我们就别登山了
Well, we don’t go if it doesn’t calm.
斯科特回来时我会和他商谈
I talk to Scott when he comes here.
好的
Okay.
斯科特 斯科特
Scott! Scott!
-托利 -这里
-Toli? -Here!
托利
Toli!
罗布他们呢
Where’s Rob? Where are they?
-我们得下山 -不
-We go down! -No.
罗布的队伍进展的如何
What’s Rob’s… What’s Rob’s team doing?
他想等风变小
He wants to see if this passes.
如果他要等…
If he waits,
那我们也等
we wait.
好吧
Okay
5月10日 星期五
各位
Hey, guys.
出来看看
Come out and take a look.
老天爷似乎眷顾我们
At least somebody up there loves us.
风停了
Nothing?
暴风走了
Where’d the storm go?
就是说嘛
Exactly.
太不可思议了
That’s crazy.
你准备好要出发了吗
You ready to saddle up?
大家听好 我们时间有限
Okay, everyone. We got a window.
我们不知道好天气会持续到何时 我们得全力以赴
We don’t know how long it’s gonna last, but we’re gonna go for it.
半小时后出发
Be ready in half an hour.
下午两点得折返 上山吧
We’ll have a 2:00 p.m. turnaround, let’s climb this thing.
好的
Okay.
我们今天登顶
So, today’s the day, huh?
没错
Yep.
机不可失
Now or never.
噢 伙计
Oh, boy.
南非队落后了 还在三号♥营地
Now the South Africans were late out of Camp Three.
可能被暴风困住 到不了四号♥营地
They never made it into Camp Four. Probably got caught up in it.
也许这风刮得比较早
Maybe it blew through early.
是的 它刮了一晚上…
Yeah, well, it hit us all night,
但现在都停了 风平浪静
but now there’s nothing. Absolutely nothing.
我们登山有望了
So, it’s definitely worth a shot.
我会发无线电通知所有人
I’ll radio out and tell everyone the news.
还有什么消息吗
Any messages?
有 请告诉珍我们要出发了
Yeah, ring Jan and tell her that we’re heading out.
12小时登顶后我再打给你 海伦
I’ll call you, Helen, in 12 hours
我们预计下午两点折返
when we get to the summit. Turnaround’s 2:00 p.m.
祝你好运 愿主保佑你们
Good luck, and Godspeed to you all.
好的 谢谢你海伦 再见
Okay, thanks, Helen. Bye-bye.
-我们山顶上见 -放轻松点 斯科特 -出发吧
-I’ll see you guys up there. -Take it easy, Scott. -Let’s do it.
我小睡几个小时后就会赶上你
Gonna get a couple hours of sleep, and I’ll be right behind you.
-好的 -山峰上见
-Yeah, okay. -See you at the top.
玩得开心 皮特曼
Have fun, Pittman.
你先休息下吧
You get some rest, okay?
峰顶见
See you there.
你有准备绳子去登希拉里台阶吗
You got the ropes for the Hillary Step?
有
Yeah.
-出发吧 -再见
-Okay. -Okay.
-很好 -耶
-Okay. -Yeah.
阳台岩壁 海拔8400米
我们能走快点吗
Can we go any faster?
在这里没办法 太难了
Not a chance we can go faster here. It’s too difficult.
这会花上一些时间
This could take a while.
我们没时间了
We’re losing time.
贝克 怎么了
Beck. What’s wrong?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我的眼睛在几年前做过手术
I had an operation a couple years ago, on my eyes.
有些不舒服 不晓得怎么回事
That might be it, I don’t know.
好
Okay.
你们先走
You guys go in front of us.
贝克 你先坐下来
All right, Beck, let’s sit you down.
贝克 看着我
Beck. Look at me.
我必须找人带你下山
I need to send you down with someone.
不 我不要下山 罗布
No, I don’t wanna go down, Rob.
-不行 你必须下山去 -我不要
-No, you gotta go down. -I don’t wanna go down.
好吧
Okay.
贝克 听我说
Right, Beck, listen.
你在这里休息半小时 贝克 听好
You can wait here for half an hour. Beck, listen to me.
如果感觉好点…
If it gets better by then
你就跟着队伍继续往上爬
join in the queue and keep going up.
要是没有 对不起 只能到此为止
But if it doesn’t get better, Beck, I’m sorry, mate, it’s over.
知道了
Okay.
夏尔巴人在南峰处
The Sherpas are gonna go up and drop off
放置好氧气瓶后…
the extra oxygen at the South Summit while they can.
我再派其中一个人下来帮你 明白吗
I’m gonna send one of them down for you. Is that clear?
好吗
Yeah?
知道了 伙计
Okay, mate.
好的
All right.
回头见
See you.
桑迪 你要下山吗
Sandy, do you want to go down?
什么 当然不要
What? No. No way.
洛普桑 我一定要成功登顶 你明白吗
Look, Lopsang, I’m gonna make it to the top. Do you understand?
-好的 -我是不会下山的
-Okay. -I’m not going back.
-好吗 -好的
-Okay? -Okay.
东南山脊
绳子呢
Where are the ropes?
没有绳子 没有绳子
There is no rope! No rope.
他们该早固定好