Na zdorovie.
干杯
Na zdorovie!
-我们能谈谈吗 -没问题
-Can we have a word? -Yeah.
-你不太舒服 -没有啦 只是有点…
-You feeling a little crook, huh? -No, it’s just a little…
有些拉肚子[印度惯用语]
Little touch of the Delhi belly.
-他是指肠胃不适 -也许是吃了桑迪的鱼子酱
-He means Buddha belly. -Maybe Sandy’s caviar.
我说过了别和香槟一起食用
I told you not to have the Dom Perignon with it!
怎么了 罗布
What’s going on, Roberto?
我不喜欢看到大家挤成一团
I don’t like the look of the crowds on the ropes.
我想我们一抵达第三营区就会出事
I think we’re gonna have some trouble once we get above Camp Three.
你说过想在10号♥登顶 对吗
I mean, you wanna top it on the 10th, yeah?
-没错 -我也想
-Yeah. -So do I.
你是要我们合作
What, are you saying we should team up?
我是有这个主意
Well, it’s an idea, yeah.
天啊
Oh, man.
我不知道 我们的登山方式大不相同
I don’t know, man. We have different styles, man.
你对待登山者的细心引导是很令人尊敬…
All due respect, you’re a hand-holder. I mean, the best, but…
但我的看法是想要战胜高峰…
I just believe that if you can’t get up there yourself
就只能靠自己
you shouldn’t be on the mountain at all.
你带你的 我带我的
You guide your team, I guide mine.
我只是认为我们应该合作而非竞争
I’m just suggesting that we work with each other instead of against.
我们必须一起合作才能登顶
The only way we both summit, mate, is if we work together.
尤其是固定绳索
Particularly fixing the ropes.
我说的是实话
It’s gotta make sense.
好吧
Why not?
-怎样 -对 我懂你意思
-Yeah? -Yeah, I see the sense in it.
很好 我们就这样说定了
Good man. That was all.
好的
All right.
上去之后谁来带头
Who’s gonna lead when we get up there?
罗布 我答应了你就一定会办到
Rob. If I say I will do it, it will be done.
你必须跟昂多吉配合 因为我们两队要合作
You gotta work with Ang Dorjee, because we’re working together now.
我是说 如果我们…
I’m just saying, if both of us…
可以吗
Okay?
昂多吉
Ang Dorjee.
我们都是专业人士
We’re all professionals here.
我们会携手完成工作 对吗
We’ll work together and we’ll get the job done. Yes?
-好的 -好
-All right. -Yeah.
我们打算在南峰处…
We’re planning on stashing, what, eight bottles of O
储存八罐氧气瓶
up at the South Summit.
-我是不会使用氧气瓶的 -什么意思
-Well, I’m not using O. -What do you mean?
你不打算吸取氧气
You’re not using oxygen at all?
-拜托 你需要的 -我不需要这种西方物品
-Come on, man. You know you want to. -English air. Don’t need it.
阿纳托利 你今年是替斯科特领队
Yeah, but Anatoli, you’re guiding for Scott this year.
保全队员的性命是你的工作
You have people’s lives in your hands. It’s a job.
我从来没用过 以后也不会用
Never used it. Never will.
如果你依赖氧气瓶且一旦用光麻烦就大了
Bigger problems if you run out.
好吧
Okay.
我会多放几罐氧气瓶
I’ll put some more bottles of O up there.
-好的 那样很好 -好
-All right, that’ll be good. -All right.
你们明白就好
Just so long as you guys are clear.
想替我打工就一定得用氧气瓶
If you work for me, you use oxygen, otherwise you don’t work for me.
那是当然的 伙计
You don’t have to ask, mate.
我试过不用氧气瓶也能登山 罗布
I’ve been up there before without O’s, Rob.
但不必折磨客户
I don’t need to do it with clients.
好的 接下来我们得架设绳索
All right, next we have to fix ropes.
-对 -特别是洛子峰之后的路径
-Yeah. -Particularly above the Lhotse Face.
希拉里台阶与东南山脊都需要架新的绳索
Hillary Step need new fixed rope. And South-East Ridge as well.
没错
Yes, it does. Well…
我的计划是大家一起架设这些绳索
My idea is that we work together and we fix ropes together.
分工合作
We share the duties.
-可以吗 -听起来不错
-Okay? -Sounds good.
好了 你跟洛普桑讨论一下
All right, you and Lopsang maybe get together.
分配谁要负责哪一段 好吗
Talk about who wants to fix what and where, okay?
只带必需品 带什么随你 总之要少
Only essentials. I’m not gonna tell you what to pack, but be brutal. Okay?
在这里1磅的东西 到上面感觉会变10磅
One pound down here is like 10 up there.
动作一定要能轻便和迅速
Light and fast.
轻便迅速
Light and fast.
什么嘛 那我攻顶后的卡布奇诺岂不是没了
What, and just like that, you kill my summit cappuccino.
快走 用跑的
Go. Go, go! Run!
相机快没电了
That camera’s totally dying.
5月5日
大家听好 这会是艰难的一周
All right, it’s gonna be a tough week.
但也会是你们毕生最棒的星期五
But it is gonna be the best Friday of your lives.
我们星期五要做什么
Yeah, what are we doing again on Friday?
登顶
Summiting!
-现在轮到我了 -是的 没错
-Now it’s up to me, right? -Yes, it is, yes, it is.
-我抽三张牌 -是珍打来的
-I’ll take three. -It’s from Jan.
我就知道会是个女孩 我无法相信这是真的
I knew it was gonna be a girl. I can’t believe it.
是个女孩
It’s a girl!
恭喜你
All right, good on you!
我就知道
I knew I was.
-我就知道会是个女孩 -恭喜
-I knew she was. -Congratulations.
谢谢你 道格
Thank you, thank you, Doug. Cheers, mate.
预产期是几时
When’s she due?
七月中 就在我回返的时候
Mid-July, as soon as I get back.
-你该休息了 老兄 -是的
-You better sleep now, buddy. -Yeah, that’s true.
嗨 罗布
Hey, Rob.
-干嘛 -所以说…
-Yeah? -So…
珍不介意你常处在山上
Jan doesn’t mind you being here?
克拉考尔访谈开始了
Krakauer’s sword is unleashed.
没关系 乔恩 珍也是登山者所以她能够谅解
It’s okay. Jan’s a climber, Jon, she gets it.
-没错 -谢了 海伦
-Yeah! -Cheers, Helen.
你呢 道格 你妻子有何看法
What about you, Doug? What about your wife?
离婚后她就没再烦我了
Oh, she’s been fine with it, ever since we divorced.
可以算是一切安好吧
She’s been great with everything since then.
-我很抱歉 老兄 -没事
-I’m so sorry, buddy. -No, no.
我会提问是因为佩琪曾对我说…
No, no, no, I ask because Peach said to me,
“你再去登山我就要跟你离婚”
“if you climb one more mountain, I will divorce you.”
那你还加入这次的登山活动
And you went ahead and then booked this trip!
不 最糟糕的是…
No, no, no, the worst part of it
我这次登山忘了告诉她
is that I kind of forgot to tell her.
你忘记告诉她你要爬圣母峰
You don’t forget to tell her you’re climbing Everest!
我是真的忘了
I forgot to tell her, I did.
其实大家都心知肚明
All right. It’s all on the table, here.
登山即痛苦危险 也导致关系破裂…
It hurts, it’s dangerous, it destroys relationships,
还得花不少钱
it’s costing you all a small fortune.
这项嗜好的坏处还有哪些
Are there any negative aspects to this game?
我想问大家一个问题
I gotta ask the question, you know I do.
为什么想攻顶
Why?
为了什么
Why.
因为…
Because…
山就在那里
It’s there!
谢谢马洛先生帮我们回答
That’s why. Thank you, Mr. Mallory.
拜托 我是说真的
Come on. Guys, I’m serious.
恭子 你为何要登上珠峰
Yasuko. Why are you climbing Everest?
我已经47岁了…
I’m 47 years old,
七大洲最高峰 我已征服了六座…
I have reached six of the seven summits, so…
我当然得征服最后一座
Of course, now I have to reach the seventh.
你并没有回答我的问题
That’s not an answer.
我问的是 为何要登山
No. Why any summit?
道格
Doug.
-我 -为何
-Me? -Why?
-跟他们说孩子们的事 -什么事
-Come on, tell ’em about the kids. -What?
-有关孩子们的事 -谁的孩子
-Tell ’em about the kids. -Whose kids?
你有孩子
You have kids?
对 我有小孩 但我以为跟你说过…
Yeah, I have kids, but, I thought I told you,
在我的家乡有一间幼儿园
there’s an elementary school, back home.
我常常到那里和小孩谈天…
And I’ve been going and talking to the kids there
他们还为我凑了这次的经费…
and they actually helped me raise some of the money to come and
送了我一面旗子要我在攻顶后插上…
gave me a flag to plant on the summit, and…
所以我在想…
So, I was thinking, maybe it’s…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!