I need you to be a proper bridesmaid.
你要好好对卡尔
I need you to be very, very nice to Carl.
能为我做到吗?
Can you do that for me?
你真的希望我这样做?
Is that what you really and truly want me to do?
他是个好人,也会成为一个称职的丈夫
He’s a good man and he’ll be a wonderful husband.
改到露台上去了,亲爱的
Now it’s time to hit the deck, dear…
安,早上好
Good morning, Ann.
早上好
ANN: Good morning.
看上去那时一切都很顺利
Well, everything seemed like a good idea at the time.
然而事情总是一环扣一环
One thing led to another.
现在当我回头看
But now, when I look back on it all.
你看到什么?
What do you see?
荒废,失败
Waste. Failure.
仅仅这些?
Only that?
嗯,差不多吧
Oh, pretty much.
为什么不想些快乐的时候?
Why don’t you think of a time when you were happy?
不要教训我
Don’t patronize me, please.
为何不闭上眼睛
Why don’t you just close your eyes,
回想你的欢乐时光?
and think of a time when you were happy?
要是你选一些平常的普通的事情,会好很多
It’s best, really if you choose something ordinary.
普通一天的普通时刻
An ordinary moment during an ordinary day.
妈妈,我想回家
CONNIE: Mommy, I want to go home.
哦,亲爱的…
ANN: Oh, honey…
人人都是评论家
Everybody’s a critic.
我是个糟糕的妈妈
No, I’m a terrible mother.
康妮,宝贝,对不起
(CRYING) Connie, sweetheart, I’m so sorry.
妈妈今天都不能陪你了
Your mommy just can’t afford a sitter today and tonight.
嗨,我觉得你应该带她回家
Hey, you know I think I should take her home.
我们还要彩排呢
We got to rehearse, baby.
把她给我
Give her to me.
我有3个孩子,我知道该怎么做
I’ve had three, I know what I’m doing.
看着这,这是钢琴
Now look here. This is a piano.
我们俩一起弹好么 你妈妈则会唱歌♥
And you and me are gonna play it. And your mama’s gonna sing for us.
来吧
RAY: Here we go.
我不断告诉自己
(SINGING) Time after time
爱上你
I tell myself that I’m
我是多么幸运
So lucky to be loving you
看妈妈
Look at Mama.
如此幸运
So lucky
成为你追逐的对象
To be the one you run to see
在浪漫的夜晚
In the evening
当白昼遮起
When the day is through
你的裙子怎么了?
What happened to your dress?
怎么?
What dress would that be?
嗨,陆克
Hey, Luc.
安,嗨
Hey, Annie.
乐队怎么样?
How’s the band?
在努力挣扎…
You know, working our way up from dumps to dives.
康妮,你喜欢我的歌♥么?
Connie, did you like my song?
我是妮娜,妈妈 康妮回家去一会
I’m Nina, Mom. Connie went home for a little while.
当初我不该硬拉你去俱乐部
It wasrt right, me dragging you around to clubs like that.
妈妈,你没事吧?
Are you okay, Mom?
你很疼么?
NINA: Are you in much pain?
让她休息会吧
MRS. BROWN: We should let her rest a little, I think.
我想多呆会?我一个人
I want to stay a minute, okay? Just me.
别让她过度疲劳
Don’t overtire her.
嗯,5分钟
Yeah, five minutes.
嗨,妈妈
Hey, Mom.
你还好吧?
How you doing?
不是谈论我的时候,你还好吧?
Honey, let’s not talk about me. How are you?
我没事
I’m okay.
我是妮娜
I’m Nina, right?
当然
Of course you are.
你的脸有点憔悴 让我摸摸你的额头
You look a little peaked, frankly. Let me feel your forehead.
没事,真的
I’m fine, really.
你不大好
No, you’re not fine.
我很好,生病的人不是我
I’m fine enough. I’m not the one who’s sick.
你也不是很好
You’re not the one’s who’s well.
我想和你说件事么?
Can I tell you something?
当然
Of course.
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant.
噢,亲爱的!
Oh, darling!
太好了!
That’s wonderful.
陆克的
With Luc. Luc’s baby.
我们的,我还没告诉他
Our baby. I haven’t told him.
谁都没告诉过
I haven’t told anybody.
妈妈,我不知道该怎么办
And, Mom, I don’t know what to do.
我也不想打掉 我做不到
I can’t imagine getting rid of it. I don’t think I could do that.
但是我又不确定要跟陆克过一辈子
But I can’t exactly imagine being with Luc all my life, either.
虽然我们在一起3年了 但是我都不是很确信
I mean, we’ve been together three years and I’ve never felt sure.
我已经2个月了
And now I’m two months along.
我担心留下孩子将成为我终生后悔的事情
I’m afraid having the baby would be something I’d regret for the rest of my life.
我又担心打掉孩子将成为我终生后悔的事情
And I’m afraid not having the baby would be something I’d regret for the rest of my life.
孩子是上天的恩赐
A baby is a wonderful thing.
你说过哈里斯是你的至爱 我也想体验这种感觉
You said Harris was your only love. That’s how I want to feel.
哈里斯至少让我感觉到爱的神奇
Harris showed me how much it can be.
嗯,继续
Yeah, go on.
能答应我件事么?
Will you promise me something?
明天,当姐姐嫁出去后…
Tomorrow, after Sis marries Dwight D. Eisenower…
好了
Stop that.
我们一起驱车去纽约,就你和我
…we can drive to New York together, just you and I,
我们去狂欢
and we go on a bender, you know.
到处逛俱乐部,和罪犯疯子一起堕落狂欢
We hit a million clubs, hang around with criminals and degenerates.
我为罪犯们唱歌♥
I sing for criminals and degenerates.
星期四到星期日 他们已经失去兴趣了
Thursdays through Sundays. They lose their fascination.
嘿,嘿,快看
Hey, hey. Look. Look.
猜猜会不会有信在里面?
Do you think there’s a message inside?
肯定有,不然谁会这么无聊?
Sure, how could there not be?
我打赌昨晚卡尔扔了好多个下海
I’ll bet you Carl threw a dozen of them in the water last night
好让莱拉早上来找到
for Lila to find this morning.
这是给我们的,你和我
No, it’s for us. It’s for you and me.
等着瞧
Just you wait.
里面有张纸条
There’ll be a note in there that says something like,
写着“莱拉,我永远深爱着你”
“Lila, I’ll love you forever.”
我觉得是“谁捡到这个瓶”
I was thinking more like, “Whoever finds this bottle
“能实现3个愿望” 现在开始想愿望吧
“gets to make three wishes.” So you start thinking of wishes.
有么?
And?
红酒,陈年红酒
It’s wine. It’s really old wine.
别喝
Don’t drink it.
安,我不会那么傻
Annie, I’m not that far gone.
不好意思,你当然不会
No, I’m sorry. Of course you’re not.

Hi.
瞧我找到什么
Look what I found.
天啊,她的公主裙
Oh, my God, her Queen of the Night dress.
还记得她穿这衣服么?
Do you remember her wearing this?
很少穿
Just barely.
只要我想起妈妈,就会想到她穿这衣服
Whenever I think of Mom I see her in this dress.
下班回家
Going off to work.
她非常喜欢这件衣服
She loved it so much.
受虐狂者的方式?
In her masochistic way.
真实的方式
In a real way.
她并不愿意偶尔在别人的婚礼上献唱
Singing at the occasional wedding was not what she had in mind.
你还记得她带我们去听佩吉·李唱歌♥吗
Do you remember when she took us to hear Peggy Lee
在阿尔冈琴?
at the Algonquin?
糟透了
That was awful.
才不是
No, it wasrt.
妈妈哭了,大声哭
Mom cried, hard.
她是被感动的
Because she was moved.
因为她和两个穿宴会装的小女孩坐在一起
Because she was sitting there with two little girls in party dresses
而佩吉·李在台上卖♥♥力表演
and Peggy Lee was the one up there on the stage.
你到底想让妈不高兴到什么地步?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!