好主意
Yeah. Maybe that’s a good idea.
别,别
No, no, no.
嗨,美人
Hey, beauties.
巴迪
Buddy.
(CHUCKLING)
我记得他10岁后就一直这样吧?
Why do I feel like he’s been this way since he was about 10?
他12岁才开始喝酒
He didn’t actually start drinking until he was 12.
他真是个大♥麻♥烦
ANN: He’s a total disaster, really.
不管如何,我喜欢他
And yet, I seem to love him.
嗯,我也是
Yeah, I love him, too.
好了,他躺下了
Okay, he’s all tucked in.
你经常处理这种状况吧?
You’ve been doing this a long time, haven’t you?
他睡下之前叫我指给你看他挑的星星
Before he settled down he showed me the star he picked out for you.
噢,原来如此
Oh, that.
是颗漂亮的小星星
It’s a nice little star.
当然,很好, 是七姐妹之一
It is. It’s very nice. It’s one of the Seven Sisters.
看到了么? 在那,就在那
See? There she is, right there.
这不是什么秘密吧?
This isn’t too personal, is it?
不是,当然不是
No. No, not really.
我在大学里遇到巴迪
I met Buddy in college,
三周内,他给我挑了颗星星
and within three weeks he’d picked me out a star,
他要求我的花一定要是牡丹 我的鸟一定要是雨燕
he’d declared my flower to be the peony, my bird to be the swift,
我的树一定要是无花果 等等等等
my tree to be the sycamore, the list goes on.
他当时爱上你了
He was in love with you.
不是不是,他是我好朋友的弟弟
No. No, he was my best friend’s little brother.
我们一起在校园里闲逛时
But as we would walk around campus and he’d go on
他就会继续解释为什么要是雨燕 为什么我的石头要是玛瑙
about how the swift was my bird, the onyx was my stone,
最后我忍♥不住问他为什么 你猜他说啥?
I finally asked him why he kept doing that and do you know what he said?
他说他这么做是为了让我记住他
He said he did it so that I would remember him
只要看见牡丹、雨燕、无花果等都会想起他
whenever I saw peonies and swifts and sycamores and all that.
感觉就好像他担心某天他会消失一样
As if he just thought he would disappear one day.
很伤感吧?
Isn’t that sad?
看见那颗星星么?
See that star over there?
哪儿?
Where?
那个中等大小的
The medium-sized,
就在那,紧挨着猎户星座
right there, the one near Orion.

Yes.

Hey.
那是我们的星星
That’s our star.
看着那颗星星
It’s the one we were looking at when you were a beautiful young girl
此时此刻,一个女孩等待着被 一个陌生男人的亲吻
kissed by some strange older guy who had no right to kiss you.
而且过了周末,就再也见不着了
And then after the weekend, you never saw him again.
我应该给你一巴掌
I’m supposed to slap you, you know.
应该的,来吧
Go ahead. You should.
你怀有如此希望
ANN: You have such hopes.
但是你穿错了衣服 说错话
But you wear the wrong clothes, you say the wrong things.
在你明白之前 你没法预测生活将会怎样
Before you know it, you can’t tell what was your life
没办法预料你将犯什么错
and what were your mistakes.
你会逐渐感觉你犯了如此多的错误
You start to feel like you’re made of wrongness.
要是那些事情到后来都不是错误呢?
What if there were no such thing as a mistake?
你要是见过我丈夫就不会这么说了
You wouldn’t say that if you’d met my husbands.
我已经见过他们了
I have met them.
要是你见我穿着个长连衣裙
Well, you wouldn’t say that
你就不会这样说了
if you’d seen me in a maxi skirt.
我见过你穿连衣裙
I have seen you in a maxi skirt.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是夜间护士
I’m the night nurse.
请别介意我这样说
You’re dressed rather strangely for a nurse,
可是你的穿着不像护士
if you don’t mind my saying so.
我根本不在意
I don’t mind in the slightest.
你真是护士? 我是问,接受专业训练的?
But you’re a real nurse? I mean, have you had training?
噢,当然,我可以做到任何你要求的
Oh, my, yes. I can do just about anything you need me to.
能告诉我我的生活哪里去了?
Can you tell me where my life went?
我可以告诉你那颗星星是 昴宿六(金牛座)
I can tell you that your star is Alcyone.
你的石头是紫水晶
Your stone is the amethyst.
你的鸟是画眉
Your bird is the thrush.
不,我的鸟是雨燕
No, my bird is the swift.
恐怕不是这样
I’m afraid that’s not accurate.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
真的?
Really?
当然
Yes.
真的
Really.
(KNOCKING AT DOOR)
请进
Come in.
起来了?
You’re up.
今天是我的婚礼
It’s my wedding day.
外面真是热闹
It’s perfect outside.
对吧?
Isn’t it?
嗨,亲爱的
Hey. Oh, honey.
没事,没事
There, there.
La, la, la.
莱拉,你真的愿意嫁给卡尔么?
Lila, do you really, really want to marry Carl?

Mmm-hmm.
亲爱的
Honey.
我不得不说
Okay, I’m just gonna say it.
我认为你不爱卡尔
I don’t think that you’re in love with Carl.
你爱的是哈里斯
I think you’re in love with Harris.
不可能
That’s ridiculous.
不是吗?
Is it?
我不爱哈里斯 哈里斯也不爱我
I’m not in love with Harris and Harris is not in love with me.
你肯定?
Are you sure?
当然
Yes.
你想知道我怎么这么确定么?
Do you want to know how I know?

Yeah.
因为我问过他
Because I asked him.
当面问过?
You did?
昨晚,在婚宴彩排休息的时候
Last night, in the middle of my rehearsal dinner
我告诉他从15岁开始
I told him that since I was 15,
我就拒绝了所有男孩的求爱
that I turned down every other guy who came along who wasrt him.
他们都比不上哈里斯
Who had the bad taste not to be Harris.
我真的好期望能和他偷偷溜出去
I mean, I more or less offered to sneak out with him and do anything
不管做什么我都愿意,只要他喜欢
and everything that he might want me to do.
我也不得不承认,那种冲动是无法忍♥受的
To be perfectly honest, I find that impulse understandable.
我想我连我想的一半都做不到
I don’t think I could do half of the things that I said I could.
从解剖学上讲
I mean, you know, anatomically.
亲爱的,你说的是什么意思?
Honey, what exactly did you say?
我让自己蒙羞了
I humiliated myself.
彻底的
Completely.
我是说,你…
I mean, do you…
你能理解吗? 知道我的想法么?
Do you understand that? Do you know what I’m saying?
当然
Yes.
我想知道有没有机会和哈里斯在一起
I had to know if there was a chance for me with Harris.
现在我知道答案了
And I got my answer.
我马上就要结婚了
Now I’m going to get married.
好吧,也许哈里斯并不适合你
Okay, maybe it isn’t Harris for you.
即使这样你也不必嫁给卡尔
But you don’t have to marry Carl if you’re not sure.
难道把大家都赶回去?
Just send everybody home?
告诉大家新娘突然改变主意了?
Tell them that the bride has changed her mind?

Yes.
我24岁了
I’m 24 years old.
那又怎样?
So?
卡尔会受打击的
It would kill Carl.
他会康复的
He’d recover.
不,他不会的,他不是…
No. No, he wouldn’t. He’s not…
他不是那种会从这种事中康复的人
He’s not the kind of person that would recover from something like that.
(KNOCKING AT DOOR)
莱拉?
MRS. WITTENBORN: Lila?
莱拉,你起来了么?
Lila, dear, are you up?
马上,妈妈
Just a minute, Mother.
还有很多事等着做
We’ve got a lot to do.
知道
I know.
(FOOTSTEPS WALKING AWAY)
我需要你当好伴娘

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!