宝贝 , 我告诉你
Hey, baby, let me tell you somethin’.
我帮你拿下来
Let me get that out of your hair.
-谢谢 -很好看
– Thank you. – Nice.
你是个很特别的女人
You’re a very special lady.
-别对我太好 , 好吗 ? -为什么 ?
– Don’t be too nice to me, okay? – Why?
会让我紧张
Makes me nervous.
“逾期 , 请延展”
“最后通知”
宝贝 , 好机会真难找
It’s some slim pickings here, baby.
也许是彩卷使者艾德麦克汉 我们去看看
Maybe that’s Ed McMahon. Let’s go see.
是另一个艾德
Wrong Ed.
-你说什么 ? -你来干嘛 ?
– I’m sorry? – What are you doing here?
我今天下午接到一通 很有意思的电♥话♥
I had an interesting call this afternoon…
U C L A的法兰科博士打来的
from Dr. Frankel from UCLA.
他想告诉你 六价铬法定最高含量
He wanted you to know that the legal limit for hexavalent chromium…
是百万分之0 . 0 5
is.05 parts per million.
而你查到的是0 . 5 8
And at the rate you mentioned, .58…
也许就是那家人 罹患癌症的原因
it could be responsible for the cancers in that family you asked about…
詹森家
the Jensens.
他人真好
Well, wasn’t that nice of him?
有人一心助人 别人却只知道怎么炒人鱿鱼
Isn’t it funny how some people help people and others just fire them?
对不起 , 我以为你是去玩的
I’m sorry. You were gone. I assumed you were off having fun.
你为什么会这样想 ?
And why the hell would you assume that?
我不知道 , 大概是因为 你看起来像一天到晚玩乐的人
I don’t know. Maybe you look like someone who has a lot of fun.
照这个标准来看 我看你大概从不做♥爱♥啰
So by that standard, I should assume you never get laid.
我结婚了
I’m married.
这… 这癌症病例到底是怎么回事 ?
What is all this… What is the story on this cancer?
想知道就请我回去上班 我有很多帐单要付
You wanna know? Hire me back. I got a ton of bills to pay.
好
Fine.
唐娜才刚在家里装了 漂亮的木质新柜子
So Donna just put in these new cabinets, real nice, stained the wood and all…
P G & E忽然打电♥话♥给她
when she gets a call from somebody at PG&E…
说附近要开一条公路 他们想买♥♥下她的房♥子
saying a freeway’s gonna be built and they wanna buy her house…
好盖一条 通往他们厂房♥的交流道
to put in an off-ramp to the plant.
她的先生罹患恶性肉芽肿
Meanwhile, the husband’s sick with Hodgkin’s.
她自己又因癌症而以医院为家
She’s in and out of the hospital with tumors…
他们坚信这两件事间 没有任何关联
believing one thing has nothing to do with the other.
因为P G & E告诉她 有关铬的事 ?
Because PG&E told her about the chromium?
听好了 他们举办了一场研讨会
Get this. They had a seminar.
他们邀请了2 0 0位 当地居民到发电厂去
They invited 200 residents from the area, had it at the plant…
告诉他们三价铬 对人体好处多多
telling them all about chromium three, and how good it is for you…
而他们使用的却是六价铬
when all the time they’re using chromium six.
你在水利会找到的那份文件
That document you found at the water board…
说六价铬的那份…
the one that says about the bad chromium…
你该不会正好有影印下来吧 ?
you didn’t happen to make a copy?
当然啰
Of course I did.
我可以看看吗 ?
Well, could I have a look at it?
我要求加薪
I want a raise.
还要有员工福利 , 包括看牙医
And benefits, including dental.
我们不是这样做生意的
This isn’t the way I do business.
-怎样 ? -勒索
– What way is that? – Extortion.
加薪5 % , 福利的事以后再说
A 5% raise. We’ll talk about benefits later.
1 0 %
Ten.
要请我的公♥司♥多得很呢
There are lots of other places I could get work.
加薪 1 0 % , 外加福利 这是我的底限了
Ten percent raise and benefits. But that’s it. I’m drawing the line.
这是他的底限
He’s drawing the line.
你只查到这么多 ?
Is this all you’ve got?
到目前为止 , 不过那里 乱得要命 , 一定还有更多资料
So far. That place is a pigsty. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more.
是啊 , 那种地方就是这样
Yeah, those things are a mess.
你凭什么以为自己可以 大摇大摆的走进去
What makes you think you can just walk in there…
为所欲为呢 ?
and find what we need?
因为我有大咪♥咪♥
They’re called boobs, Ed.
我懂了
I understand.
我同意 , 我会的
Okay, I agree. I’m going to.
现在就去
Right now.
我快好了 , 看
I’m almost done. Look.
进展如何 ?
How are we doing?
很顺利
We’re doing great.
很好
Good.
你已经印了很多…
You’ve got quite a lot done already, so…
对不起 , 但我们要把 那些纪录收起来了 , 好吗 ?
I’m sorry, but we need those records back now, okay?
不好
什么 ?
What?
这些纪录是公共财产
These papers are a matter of public record…
我没印完是不会走的
and I’m not leaving until they’re copied.
帮我把这些传出去到这里去
Fax these to this number, okay?
-全部都要 ? -全部都要
– All of them? – All of them!
“传送中”
“P G & E理赔部门”
水质检验井 ? 那表示…
An on-site monitoring well? That means it was…
就在P G & E的产业上
Right on the PG&E property.
你说这种东西
And you say that this stuff…
六价铬…
hexavalent chromium…
是有毒的
it’s poisonous.
没错
艾琳
我们水里的成份一定不同
It’s gotta be different than what’s in our water…
因为我们的水没有问题
’cause ours is okay.
P G & E的人说的
The guys from PG&E told me.
他们就在我家厨房♥ 告诉我说我家的水没问题
They sat right in the kitchen and told me that it was fine.
我知道 , 我请教的毒物学家
I know, but the toxicologist I’ve been talking to…
给了我一份六价铬 导致病变的清单给我
he gave me a list of problems that can come from hexavalent chromium exposure.
你们全家人的病痛 都在这份清单上
Everything you all have is on that list.
不 , 不会的
我们的医生不是这么说的
No, that’s not what our doctor said.
他说…
He said that…
这两件事根本 八竿子打不到一块儿
that one’s got absolutely nothing to do with the other.
是啊
Right.
但那医生是P G & E付钱请的
But PG&E paid for that doctor.
艾希礼 , 珍娜 !
-快出来 -为什么 ?
– Get out of the pool! – How come?
因我叫你们出来
‘Cause I said so!
这样才乖
That’s it. Okay, girls.
兰达一把那份东西传出去
The minute Brenda sent that fax…
她一按下 “传送” 钮
I’m saying the second she pressed the send button…
P G & E理赔部门的 电♥话♥就来了
PG&E’s claim department was on the phone to me…
要跟我安排时间开会
scheduling a meeting.
你认为… 等等 , 让我来
So you think… Wait. Let me do it.
我快被你逼疯了 你说因为他们怕了 , 对不对 ?
You’re driving me nuts. You think we scared ’em, don’t you?
他们甚至派了人来
They’ve taken the trouble to send someone.
看来他们一刻都没得闲
Sure as hell sounds like they’re sitting up and taking notice.
费欧先生 ?
Mr. Foil?
为了要平息这整件事
In the interest of putting this whole thing to rest…
P G & E决定要出 二十五万元买♥♥他们的房♥子
PG&E is willing to offer the Jensens $250,000 for their home.
二十五万 ?
$250,000?
照辛克利的地价来看
In terms of land value out in Hinkley…
我们认为这个价钱 已经非常公道了
we feel that’s a more than fair price.
那从医学的观点来看呢 ?
How about in terms of medical expenses?
二十五万元根本无法支付 他们未来的医药费
250,000 isn’t come close to what this family is gonna spend on doctors.
我知道他们的健康不佳 我们也很同情他们
I understand they’ve had bad luck, health-wise. They have my sympathies.
-但这不是P G & E的错 -你在开玩笑吧 ?
– But that’s not PG&E’s fault. – You’re kidding, right?
看看这些结果
Look at these readings.
这是你们自己技术人员的纪录
PG&E’s own technicians documented…
检测井中的 六价铬含量高的惊人
toxic levels of hexavalent chromium in those wells on numerous occasions.
詹森家人的疾病
Everything the Jensens have had…
都是已证实曝露在 六价铬下的后遗症
is proven reaction to exposure to hexavalent chromium…
他们的疾病包括…
and they have had…
包括…
胞部囊肿 , 子♥宫♥瘤 恶性肉芽肿 , 免疫不全
Breast cysts, uterine cancer, Hodgkin’s disease, immune deficiencies…
气喘 , 慢性鼻血
asthma, chronic nosebleeds.
发生那些疾病的原因很多
A million things could have caused those problems.
营养不良 , 先天不良 生活没有节制
Poor diet, bad genes, irresponsible lifestyle.
我们不会再加钱了 我们的价钱非常公道
Our offer is final. And it’s more than fair.
等等 , 我们不是在协商吗 ?
Wait a minute. I thought we were negotiating here.
上级给我的命令 最高只能出二十五万
Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars is all I’m authorized to offer.
我会把这个数目 转告我们的当事人的
I’ll present your offer to my clients.