我要去接孩子们
I gotta go pick up my kids.
-要不要帮你 ? -不用了
– You need a hand with that? – No, I got it.
你做的很好
You did good.
走着瞧吧
We’ll see.
是啊
Yeah.
多谢你来
Thanks for coming.
别骑摩托车载他们出去
Don’t take ’em anywhere on your bike, okay?
我给你计程车钱
I’ll give you some money for a cab if you wanna go somewhere.
我有钱
I got money.
你这次要去多久 ?
So how long is this gonna take?
不知道 , 几天吧
I don’t know. A few days.
我给你你房♥间的钥匙
Got you your own room.
对不起 , 乔治
I am really sorry, George.
孩子们吃过了吗 ?
Have the kids eaten?
还没
要不要去吃煎饼 ?
Wanna go get some pancakes?
走吧 , 大家都醒了
Let’s go. Everybody up.
今天大家都醒了
Everybody up today.

All right.
-我们去吃煎饼吧 -几点了 ?
– Let’s go get some pancakes. – What time is it?
还很早 我们开你的车去吃早点
It’s early. We’re gonna take your car and get some breakfast.
不行 , 我要用车
No, I need my car.
我们很快就回来
We’ll be back in a minute.
-好 -你再睡会儿
– Okay. – Get some sleep.
老弟
Hey, buddy.
-把东西放下 , 咱们走 -我马上来
– Put that down. Let’s go. – I’ll be there in a minute.
咱们去吃煎饼
Let’s go eat some pancakes, girlie.
走吧
Come on.
别玩那堆文件 我花了好久才整理好
Baby, don’t play with that. It took me so long to get it organized.
乖乖放回去 , 好吗 ?
Will you put that back, please?
这个女孩跟我一样大
This girl’s the same age as me.
她也病了吗 ?
She’s one of the sick people?
所以我才要帮她争取医药费 让她早日康复
That’s why I’m helping her. We’ll get her some medicine, make her feel better.
为什么她自己的妈妈不帮她 ?
Why can’t her own mama help her?
因为她妈妈也病了
Because her own mom’s real sick too.
我帮你带点早餐回来
I’ll bring you back some breakfast.
你要不要吃蛋 ?
You want eggs?
蛋很好
Eggs would be great.
我很喜欢吃蛋
Eggs would be perfect.
“签署”
麦特
Hey, Matt.
艾琳 , 你好吗 ?
Erin, how are you?
-你忙了一整天 ? -是啊
– So, been at this all day? – Yeah.
-你看起来很累 , 要咖啡吗 ? -好
– You look tired. You want some coffee? – I’d love some.
-我帮你煮一壶新的 -谢谢
– I’ll make a fresh pot. – Thanks.
我是不是看过你 ?
Don’t I know you?
应该没有
I don’t think so.
有 , 我们在辛克利的 烤肉会上见过…
Sure, you were at the barbecue in Hinkley…
在社区大会上也见过
and at the town meetin’.
我一直在看你
I was watching you.
眼神简直无法离开你
I had my eye on you.
你真会说话
How nice.
你跟大家谈 , 忙着写笔记
Sure, you were talkin’ to everybody and writin’ down a lot of stuff.
我看到你的时候心想…
When I saw you I said to myself…
“这个女孩很特别”
“”There’s something about her.
“我真的很喜欢她”
I really like that girl.”
-麦特 , 我咖啡要外带 -没问题
– Matt, can I get that coffee to go? – Sure thing.
我觉得自己可以向你坦诚
I feel like I can talk to you too…
你是那种能让我 无拘无束说出心里话的人
like you’re the type of person I could say anything to.
-咖啡来了 -很好 , 多少钱 ?
– There you go. – Great. What do I owe you?
不用了
There’s no charge.
谢谢你 , 麦特
Thanks, Matt.
很高兴认识你
Well, nice talking to you.
如果我说我在辛克利发电厂 做过事 , 而且专门负责…
Would it be important if I told you that when I worked at the Hinkley plant…
销毁文件 , 你会有兴趣吗 ?
I destroyed documents?
也许吧
Maybe.
你叫什么名字 ?
What was your name?
察尔斯艾比利
Charles Embry.
我是艾琳
幸会
Nice to meet you.
我失陪一下
Can you excuse me for just a quick second?
别这样
Come on.
你这他妈的烂手♥机♥ !
Oh, you fucking piece of crap with no signal!
干 !
Fuck!
艾德 , 我的天
Ed! Oh, my God.
有一个叫察尔斯的人说 他专门销毁文件
This guy Charles said he destroyed records.
而且还在辛克利厂做过
He worked at Hinkley.
慢一点
Slow down.
我正想休息一下 这小子…
I’m trying to relax, and this Charles Embry guy–
-谁 ? -察尔斯艾比利
– Who? – Charles Embry.
一开始我以为他想杀我 之后又觉得他想钓我
First I thought he wanted to kill me. Then I thought he wanted to pick me up.
但他为什么要说那句话
But why would he say that? Why would he use that as his line?
该死的 , 你回去看看 他愿不愿意写陈述状
Shit. Now go back and see if he’ll make a declaration.
-陈述状 -对 , 但要小心
– A declaration. – Yeah, but be careful.
别把他吓跑了
Don’t scare him off.
你冷静点 !
And stay calm. Stay calm!
别忘了 , 要不是因为你 我早就在棕榈泉享福了
Remember, if it weren’t for you, I’d be in Palm Springs right now.
你说服力一流
You’re good at talking people into things.
别问他太多问题
Don’t pepper him with questions. Don’t do that.
只要…
Just let–
人们都想说出自己的故事 让他说
You know, people want to tell their story. Just let him talk.
让他尽量说
Let him do all the talking.
对不起
Sorry.
你要不要再来杯啤酒 ?
Would you like another beer?
我表弟昨天死了
My cousin passed away yesterday.
他肾脏有肿瘤 结肠早就切除了
He had kidney tumors. No colon.
他的肠道早就被癌细胞侵蚀
His intestines were eaten away.
才4 1 岁
Forty-one years old.
我还记得看到他在 发电厂工作的情形
I remember seeing him over at the plant.
他负责清理冷却塔 脸上载着…
He’d be cleaning the cooling towers wearing one of those–
那叫什么来着 ?
What do you call ’em?
-口罩 ? -对 , 医生戴的口罩
– A mask? – Yeah, yeah, doctor’s masks.
It’d be soaked in red from the nosebleeds.
我原本在压缩机站工作
I was working in the compressor…
忽然有一天 上级打电♥话♥给我说…
and out of nowhere the supervisor calls me up to the office and says…
“我们要给你一台碎纸机 要你到仓库去”
“”We’re gonna give you a shredder machine and send you on down to the warehouse…
“销毁存放在那里的文件”
to get rid of the documents we’ve got stored there.”
他有没有说为什么 ?
Did he say why?
没有
Nope.
我也没有问
And I didn’t ask.
你有没有看那些文件 ?
Did you get a look at the stuff you destroyed?
多半很无聊… 像轮休表等等
It was a lot of dull stuff– vacation schedules and the like.
但是有几份有关储水池 和污水的备忘录
But then there were a few memos about the holding ponds, the water in them.
还有检测井水质检测结果
They had readings from the test wells…
诸如此类的
stuff like that.
You were told to destroy those?
是的
That’s right.
但事实证明
Of course, as it turns out…
我并不是个听话的员工
I wasn’t a very good employee.
-早安 ! -早安
– Good morning! – Good morning.
艾德 , 艾琳 , 这是什么 ?
Ed, Erin, what’s this?
-我可以吗 ? -请便
– May I? – Go ahead.
你知道吗 , 波特先生 ?
Well, you know what, Mr. Potter?
我们今年把你的生日 忘的一干二净
We completely forgot your birthday this year…
你对我这么好我实在不该这样
and as you’ve been so good to me, it seemed a terrible oversight.
艾德和我决定 要给你个生日礼物
So what Ed and I have been doing is putting together a present for you.
一共6 3 4份
Six hundred and thirty-four.
而且全都签好了
They’re all signed, every single one.
-我的天啊 ! -泰瑞莎 , 你别吃醋
– Holy shit! – Don’t go getting jealous, Theresa.
她吃醋了
She’s getting jealous.
我们也有东西要给你
We have something for you too.
这是P G & E内部文件 主要是关于水质污染的事
Internal PG&E documents all about the contamination.
我最喜欢的一份上面写…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!