Well, you wouldn’t think so if you saw my house in London.
那可没什么温暖的东西。
There’s nothing warm there.
为什么,不会的。
Why, not at all.
我相信你住过的任何地方
I’d believe any place you lived in
都会和你一模一样。
would be exactly like you.
你不会是想告诉我圣塞尔瓦托和我一样吧?
You’re not going to tell me that San Salvatore is like me?
嗯,当然。
Well, of course.
我是说,你必须承认它很美。
I mean, you must admit it’s beautiful.
走这边。
Here.
我一直在想。
I’ve been thinking.
找个地方体会一下年轻的感觉
Isn’t it better to feel young somewhere
不是比干等着变老更好吗?
than old everywhere?
当我们要离开这个美丽的地方时,
Time enough to feel old again
有大把的时间让我们体会又老了的感觉。
when we have to leave this beautiful place.
哦,发嗲。
Oh, good gracious.
小鬼。
Child.
小鬼。
Child.
嗨,你还记得我吗?
Excuse me. Do you– Do you remember me?
– 当然,布里格斯先生。- 你好。
– Yes, of course, Mr. Briggs. – Hello.
对了,你得来点儿茶。我去叫弗朗西斯卡
MR. BRIGGS: Yes, you must have some tea. I’ll get Francesca
弄点儿新鲜的。
to make some fresh.
哦,抱歉。我忘了我自己了。
Oh, I– No. I’m sorry. I’m forgetting myself.
哦,很正常。
Oh, it’s very natural.
我…我去问问弗朗西斯卡。
I… I’ll go and ask Francesca.
不。不用你去。嗯,弗朗西斯卡,
Oh, no. No, don’t you go. Um, uh, Francesca,
弗朗西斯卡
Ancora Té, Francesca.
我正说着,威尔金斯太太,
I was, uh, explaining, Mrs. Wilkins,
我刚好要去罗马,然后…
that I’m just on my way to Rome, and, um…
我就想我得来看看,
I thought I’d just look in and make sure
确认一下你们住得是否舒适。
and make sure you were all comfortable.
你住在哪里,布里格斯先生?
And where are you staying, Mr. Briggs?
位于梅萨阁的一家旅馆。
At a hotel at Mezzago.
哦,不。你必须住在这里。
Well, no. You must stay here.
这是你的家。你可以住凯特·兰茉莉的房♥间。
It’s your home. You can have Kate Lumley’s room.
你不会介意他用一晚吧,
You wouldn’t mind him using it for one night,
是吧,费舍尔太太?
would you, Mrs. Fisher?
– 凯特·兰茉莉…其实不在。 – 对,她不在。
Kate Lumley – isn’t actually in it. – No, she isn’t.
呃,凯特·兰茉莉是个大胖子,
Uh, Kate Lumley is unfortunately a very wide person,
那房♥间又小。
and that’s a very narrow room.
凯特可能能挤进去,但是进去后,
No. Kate might get into it, But once in,
她可能再也出不来了。
she would probably never get out.
所以,你看,亲爱的孩子,你必须住在这里。
So, you see, dear boy, you must stay here.
对,必须的。
Yes, you must.
好吧,如果你们都同意,
Well, if you all agree,
我非常乐意当个客人,
I’d love to be a guest,
尤其是有三位可爱的女主人。
especially with three such lovely hostesses.
哦,不对,应该是四个,对吧?
Uh, but there is a fourth, isn’t there?
嗯,对。
Uh… yes.
你可以自己问她,布里格斯先生。
You can ask her yourself, Mr. Briggs.
卡罗琳,这位是房♥东布里格斯先生。
Caroline, this is Mr. Briggs, the owner.
我们邀请他留下来过夜。
We’ve invited him to stay the night.
哦,天哪,又来了一个男人
Oh, lord, another man.
看起来很招人。
Looks like a grabber. Grab, grab, grab.
是住凯特·兰茉莉的房♥间吧。
There’s Kate Lumley’s room.
她不来了,是吗,费舍尔太太?
She’s not coming, is she, Mrs. Fisher?
对,我发句话她就不来了。
Well, not if I can help it.
– 那我也邀请你。 – 好的,谢谢你。
– Then I join in the invitation. – Well, thank you.
那么我们还有一整天的时间
So we’ll have another whole day
来探索一下圣塞尔瓦托,如果你们愿意的话。
to explore San Salvatore, if you’ll let me.
– 我很乐意。- 好的。
– I’d be delighted. – Good.
亲爱的,能给我点儿樱桃吗?
Could you give me some of those cherries, my dear?
你最好收拾一下你的东西,布里格斯先生。
You’d better get your things, Mr. Briggs.
– 哦,是的。 – 我们可以派多梅尼克去。
– Oh, yes. – Oh, we can easily send Domenico.
嗯,除非你确定他
Well, only if you’re sure it wouldn’t be
不会捅什么娄子,阿布斯♥诺♥特太太。
any trouble, Mrs. Arbuthnot.
布里格斯先生……
Mr. Briggs…Mm-hmm.
…给卡罗琳讲讲夹竹桃的事吧。
…do tell Caroline about the oleander tree.
哦,好吧…是的,嗯…
Oh, well… Yes, um…
对了,你看这,这棵夹竹桃。
uh, yes, you see this, uh, oleander just here.
我父亲…
Well, my father…
呃,许多年前…
uh, many years ago…
把他的樱桃木拐杖插在那个地方,
stuck his cherry-wood walking stick into that spot
然后对园丁的头头说,
and said to the head gardener,
“这就是我们要种夹竹桃的地方。”
“this is where we’ll have an oleander.”
然后他把拐杖留在那里作为一个提醒…
And he left it there as a reminder…
然后,过了段时间,
and, uh, after a while,
呃,没人确定过了多久…
uh, quite how long nobody can be sure…
拐杖开始发芽了。原来这是……
It– The stick began to sprout. And it was…
一棵夹竹桃。
an oleander.
真的吗?
Is that true?
真不真不重要。这就是个美丽传说。
It doesn’t matter. It’s such a pretty story.
是哦。
Yes, it is.
他似乎对罗斯很着迷。
He seemed very taken with Rose.
他肯定不会像别人那样横刀夺爱吧。
He certainly didn’t grab like the rest of them.
高兴。真高兴。
I’m pleased. Yes, I’m very pleased.
我当然高兴啦。
Of course I’m pleased.
杰拉德?
Gerald?
杰拉德 阿伦德尔。这不可能。
Gerald Arundel. It can’t be.
哦,我的天啊。
Oh, my goodness.
卡罗琳…
Caroline…
我没想到…你在这里做什么?
I didn’t expect–What are you doing here?
你一定要原谅我,亲爱的卡罗琳。
You must forgive me, dear Caroline.
你妈妈告诉我你在这儿。
Your mother told me where you were.
我去罗马的路上碰巧经过这里,
As I happened to be passing on my way to Rome,
我想我应该在梅萨阁下车看看……
I thought I’d get out at Mezzago and just look in… [GASPS]
看看你怎么样…
…see how you were…
如果可以的话。
if that’s all right.
但是,妈妈没告诉你吗,我在疗养? – 她说了。
But, didn’t mother tell you – I was having a rest cure? – Yes, she did.
所以我没来那么早。
That’s why I didn’t come earlier.
特地等到晚饭时间。我不想打扰你。
Left it till near dinnertime. Didn’t want to intrude.
我想你可能会觉得无聊。
I thought you might be bored.
哦,我没有。
Oh, I’m not.
我很抱歉这样贸贸然地跑来。
I apologize for barging in like this.
不,不。我很高兴见到你。
No, no. I’m rather glad to see you.
跟我说说妈妈怎么样了。
Tell me all about mother.
– 她开始戴假发了。 – 假发?
– She’s taken to wearing a wig. – A wig?
金色的。
Blond.
看上去像布伦希尔德。(德国中世纪史诗《尼贝龙根之歌♥》中的女王)
She looks rather like Brunhild.
我得跑两步,否则我没时间准备。
I must run, or I’ll never be ready in time.
别担心我。
Don’t worry about me.
我就是走多了想坐一会儿。
I’d just like to have a sit after that walk.
晚餐见。
See you at dinner.
♪ Still regard at twilight ♪
弗雷德里克?
Frederick?
弗雷德里克。
Frederick.
萝丝。
Rose.
我知道你会来的。
I knew you’d come.
你什么时候出发的?
When did you start?
出发?昨天早上。
Start? Yesterday morning.
你立刻就出发了。
You started right away then.
立刻,是啊。
Right away, yes.
你很快就收到我的信了,是吗?
You got my letter very quickly, didn’t you?
你的信?
Your letter?
非常快。
Very quick.
甜心…
Sweetheart…
你能来我太高兴了。
I’m so glad you came.
哦,对不起。我…我不是故意的…
Oh, I am sorry. I– I didn’t mean to…
布里格斯先生。
Mr. Briggs.
好吧,该死的。
Well, I’m damned.
这是我丈夫…
This is my husband…
弗雷德里克 阿布斯♥诺♥特。
Frederick Arbuthnot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!