– The Lord Dester. – Well, ah!
好吧,这就解释得通了。
Well, that accounts for it then.
她父亲把他的部门搞得一团糟
The botch-up her father made in his department
在战争期间算是一件全国性的丑闻。
during the war was a national scandal.
他们从来就没有过真凭实据。
They never could actually prove anything.
你应该告诉我
You ought to have told me
你没有在好好管账。
you were not doing the household bills.
我又不知道你知不知道。
I didn’t know you thought I was.
好吧,那你觉得后面我们该怎么办?
Well, what do you propose we do for the rest of the time here?
– 不怎么办。- 不怎么办?
– Nothing. – Nothing.
– 不怎么办。
Nothing.
哦,女士们…
Uh, ladies…
嗯…我可以提个建议吗?
m– May I make a suggestion?
为什么不给每人一定的配额呢?
Why not allow a certain amount per head?
然后告诉厨师,
And tell the cook from that sum,
她必须一如既往地服务你们。
she must cater for you as well as ever.
这很容易算。
It’s easily reckoned out.
那这么一个普普通通的旅店收费可能会…减半。
The charges of a modest hotel perhaps… halved.
嗯。
Hmm.
好啊,这主意不错,威尔金斯先生。 – 噢,是的。
– Well, that’s very sensible, Mr. Wilkins. – Oh, it is,
但是上星期的账单怎么办?
but what about the terrifying bills for this last week?
别担心。我来付。
Don’t worry. I’ll pay them.
算是我送给圣塞尔瓦托的礼物,
It’ll be my present to San Salvatore,
– 不管怎样,我不想让洛蒂担心。-你真是太慷慨了。
and I don’t want Lotty worried – in any way. – That’s most generous of you.
好的,如果你想浪费你自己的钱,
Well, uh, if you wish to waste your money,
– 我同意。 – 好的。
– I agree. – Good.
好了,我们不必再麻烦卡罗琳女士了。
Well, we needn’t bother lady Caroline
– 费舍尔太太… – 哦,是啊。
– any further. Mrs. Fisher… – Oh, really.
和我聊聊拉斯金吧。(约翰·拉斯金,英国作家、艺术家、哲学家)
do tell me about Ruskin.
我挺喜欢他。
CAROLINE: I like him.
我本以为我不会的,但是我错了。
I didn’t think I would, but I do.
他既不墙头草,也不是太势利。
He doesn’t hover. He doesn’t grab.
他挺对我胃口。
He fits in.
我不应该写这信。
ROSE: I shouldn’t write.
他不会来的。
He won’t come.
我要假期做什么?
“What do I want with a holiday?”
这地方让我变得软弱,工作是唯一的救赎。
This place is making me soft, and work is the only salvation.
你知道我不会寄出去的。
You know I won’t post it.
多梅尼克可以寄。
Domenico can do it.
这个地方
MRS. FISHER: It’s this place.
和因弗内斯露台不一样。
Different from Inverness terrace.
那里没有年轻人。
Nothing young there.
荒谬…
Ridiculous…
这种感觉我突然要爆发出来。
this feeling I’m suddenly going to burst out.
在我这个年纪真是荒唐
Absurd at my age.
我可别这样。可别这样。
I won’t have it. I won’t have it.
– 梅勒什? – 啊!
– Mellersh? – Ah!
谢谢,亲爱的。
Thank you, my dear.
我做了个决定。
I’ve made up my mind.
我决定为你这个假期买♥♥单,
I’ve decided to pay your expenses
也是为了我的假期。
for this holiday, as well as my own.
你的私房♥钱…
Your nest egg…
就别动了。
will not be touched.
哦,梅勒什。
Oh, Mellersh.
– 你太好了。 – 当心。
– How nice of you. – Careful.
现在我知道你对我有多重要了。
Now I realize how valuable you are to me.
在我这个行当里,
In my profession…
一个男人有一个聪明又有魅力的妻子
a man is always helped by having a…
总是有好处的。
a clever and… attractive wife.
卡罗琳女士觉得你很有魅力
Lady Caroline thinks you’re attractive.
我也这么认为。
And so do I.
你觉得我有吸引力吗,梅勒什?
Do you think I’m attractive, Mellersh?
对啊。
Yes, I do.
但有一件事让我困惑。
One thing puzzles me, though.
为什么你之前没那么迷人?
Why weren’t you attractive sooner?
我一直很幸运。
I’ve been lucky.
所有我与生俱来的优势,
All the advantages I was born with,
都被我滥用了。
and I’ve misused them.
如果杰克没死的话。
Perhaps if jack hadn’t been killed.
不。不。这是一个借口。
No. No. That’s an excuse.
成千上万的女人在战争中失去了丈夫。
Thousands of women lost men in the war.
我应该珍惜我的幸福。
I should count my blessings.
可是为什么我不知足呢?
So why aren’t I satisfied?
我什么都有。
I have it all.
为什么我不能好好把握?
Why can’t I hold onto it?
他现在应该已经收到你的信了。
He’ll have got your letter by now.
我不应该寄的。
I shouldn’t have sent it.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
你很快就会收到他在路上的消息。
You’ll get a message very soon saying he’s on his way.
这种想法对你有用。
It works for you.
你天生乐观。
You have a gift for happiness.
啊!阿布斯♥诺♥特太太…
Ah! Mrs. Arbuthnot…
我正找你呢。
I was looking for you.
有封电报。
There’s a telegram.
萝丝?
Rose?
不会是坏消息吧?
Not bad news, I trust?
不,不。
No, no.
正相反。
On the contrary.
“我正要路过罗马。会向你表达我的敬意。”
“I am passing on way to Rome. Will pay my respects.”
乔治·布里格斯是谁?
And who is George Briggs?
房♥东。这是他的房♥子。
The owner. It’s his house.
他今天下午到。
He’s coming this afternoon.
人很好。
He’s very nice.
布里格斯先生。
Mr. Briggs.
哦,我们没想到你这么快就到了。
Oh, we didn’t expect you so soon.
啊,这简直是太令人吃惊了,真像。
Yes, it really is extraordinary, the likeness.
好吧,我希望我看起来不那么严肃。
Oh, well, I hope I don’t look quite so solemn.
真的不太像我。
It isn’t really so much like me.
我比大多数人看得更深些。神似。
Well, I can see deeper than most. You’re alike inside.
你和洛蒂应该会相处得很好。
You and Lotty should get on very well.
她也能看透人的内心。
She sees inside people, too.
……费舍尔…
La signora Fisher…
谁是费舍尔夫人?
Who’s Signora Fisher?
我们四个合租人之一。
One of the four of us who are sharing your house.
四个?
Four?
我和我朋友觉得
Well, my friend and I decided
我们自己负担不起,所以…
we couldn’t afford it on our own, so…
哦,亲爱的,如果我早知道的话。
Oh, dear. If I had known.

Oh.
来吧。我把你介绍给费希尔太太。
Come on. I’ll introduce you to Mrs. Fisher.
不。她应该不急着走吧? 你不先带我四处看看吗?
No. W– Won’t she keep? Won’t you show me around first?
-这可是你的房♥子。-不,暂时不是。
– But it’s your house. – Well, no, it’s not.
好吧,到星期一前不是。
Well, until Monday week.
来吧。给我谈谈你的感想,我也告诉你我的。
Come on. You show me all your views, and I’ll show you mine.
小心了。这里。
Careful now. Here.
啊,好了。
Ah, there we are.
怎么了?
What?
– 你笑什么? – 真好,像回家了一样。
– Why are you laughing? – Well, it’s like coming home.
啊,这不就是你的家吗。
Oh, but this is your home.
不,我意思是就像回到家人的身边。
No. I mean like coming home to a family.
我从来没有过家庭。你看,我是个孤儿。
I’ve never had a family. You see, I’m an orphan.
– 哦!对不起。 – 不,没啥。
– Oh! I’m sorry. – Oh, no, no, no.
希望你孤身时间不长。我…
I hope you haven’t been one long. I…
不,我的意思是,好吧…
No, I mean, well…
我也不知道自己是啥意思。
I don’t know what I mean.
不。我是被收养的。还算愉快。
No. I– I was adopted. Happily.
但我总是错过……拥有一个家庭。
But I always missed… having a family.
你身上的某些特质
And there’s something about you
正符合我心目中的家人。你是那么…
that’s exactly my idea of a family. You’re so…
温暖。
warm.
好吧,如果你看到我在伦敦的房♥子,你就不会这么想了。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!